Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Brony and Pegasister Family

Codelyy

I like to think that all us brony's and pegasister's are family because we like the same thing's, We talk about the same thing's and we are all just friendly to eachother 

Don't you think all us brony's and pegasister's are Family?

• Brohoof 7

Absolutely. I see you guys as basically my adopted siblings in a way. All of you are great people and fun to talk to. Long story short: eeyup.

• Brohoof 4

Well, there's disputes, fighting, love, forgiveness, and a variety of personalities that sometimes clash but usually make up in the end, as well as the rebellious teenagers that go "I hate you and I'm running away for ever, I hate this family" then usually begrudgingly come back. There's even that weird perverted uncle that creeps people out but you love him anyway because you know he's really harmless, and the black sheep that turn out to be the ones that have your back for real despite the appearance everyone judges them for.

So yeah, I guess so. We're weird and dysfunctional, but we still love each other in our own weird way.    

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

Yes!!! Yes, yes, yes. Definitely.

The group that some call a 'fandom', which is a group of people all interested in one specific thing but with little other similarities, I call a 'family'. We not only share common interests but are a tightly-knit community of friends; I could probably send a message to any random person on this site and we could almost instantly become very close friends.

Not just on these forums, too--I see examples of this play out all the time all over the Internet:

post-6675-0-57915700-1377469658.jpg

post-6675-0-26683300-1377469659_thumb.png

post-6675-0-14954300-1377469660.jpg

post-6675-0-63707500-1377469660_thumb.png

post-6675-0-21393100-1377469986.jpg

post-6675-0-85376100-1377469986_thumb.png

post-6675-0-55516600-1377469988_thumb.png

post-6675-0-42788800-1377469989_thumb.png

post-6675-0-21290600-1377469990.png

post-6675-0-92721100-1377470287.jpg

post-6675-0-12593500-1377470485_thumb.png

Oh, and here's something I commented on a video a while ago...

A-Living-World.png

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 4

yes, the brony community is my second family. i have no idea where i could have been without all you guys. maybe i wasn't even here anymore at all.

the brony brothers and pegasisters are family to me. maybe somewhat weird sometimes, but family nonetheless :P

• Brohoof 2

y

the brony brothers and pegasisters are family to me. maybe somewhat weird sometimes, but family nonetheless :P

Brings up a point, I've noticed in my life that it's usually the "weirdos" that turn out to be good people and it's usually that one guy that would freak most people out that stands up and watches your back. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

I feel the same here. The people in the community remind me of a second family, while I don't usually see my family as much. But, yeah I see the members as my family.

• Brohoof 3

Boy do I feel you. I've always thought of fellow members of the fandom kind of as an adopted family... I have never been happier with any group of people and saying that you're all just my friends would be an understatement :P

I mean god damn I have said things on the forums that I wouldn't even say in real life! I would have to give you

family status simply because I trust you that much.

Edited by NocturnalRainbow
  • Brohoof 3

Yes of course! Everyone on this forum is absolutely lovely! I've always thought of you guys as a family. Everyone I've met is, kind, fun, funny, and very caring! Heck, a lot of us even represent certain elements of harmony. xP All in all, I couldn't have a better family than you guys! (Besides my house family, anyway)

• Brohoof 2

Yes you guys are totally like a second family too me. I feel like I can tell you guys things I would never tell my friends not because it's over the internet but just because I can feel like I can trust all of you. And honestly I have been so much happier since discovering FIM and it's all because of you guys. And in a weird way I love each and every one of you. :) And I have never met a nicer group of people in my entire life.

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 2

I've noticed this, at-least on this forum.

Sure we are indeed a Fandom but I've never felt this same sort of connection in this Fandom. I've browsed many other Fandoms forums and such, and I never saw the family aspect that I think we have.

But talking on here makes me feel like I always have someone to talk too if I feel sad or I need to get some input. I could never say that about any other community I've been in.

I would say we are a family or sorts. I mean we do fight, disagree, laugh and cry with each other. So I think it seems only fair to describe ourselves as a family. I know if I could I would help out anyone that needed it. I mean I've made some really great friends here, and I hope to make more as the show goes on...even if the show ends...I hope the fandom continues...because saying goodbye would be impossible for me... I love you guys..

As Long as we have our Love, Tolorence and Friendship I will be happy to call yall family.  Just don't ask me for money lol.

Seriously I'd consider this a family, as we do our best to suport each other when we need it.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...

Yes. I do see us a a kind of family. We have different opinions on things and sometimes we argue, but that is what all families do, right? We are fans of a show that promotes friendship, so it is reasonable that friendship is what holds us all together. Bronies look out for one another, like family. They've got your back. They are kind to you. If we don't count as a huge group of friends, I don't know what does.

• 1 month later...