Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dsanders

I love thinking about the "What If" kind of scenarios. :P

Anyways, the question is self explanatory. What if our beloved Twilight Sparkle was never born? What if she never existed?

twilight_is_shocked_by_noxwyll-d4c2qzp.p

How do you think the lives of the mane 6 would've played out? Would Twilight have been replaced as Celestia apprentice? 

How would the series of events have unfolded without her influence?

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 7

I think there would be a replacement for Celestia's apprentice, and they probably would have never met each other. Also, there would still only be two princesses around.

• Brohoof 1

Well since Twilight united the Elements of Harmony we'd assume Nightmare Moon would plunge Equestria into eternal night. Discord would eventually come around a probably take over. Chrysalis would probably not come to Equestria since not a lot of love when everpony lives in a state of unrest. The Crystal Empire and Sombra would eventually return and we'd see an epic battle between Discord against Sombra or more realisticly Sombra getting whooped. Essential unless Celestia could find a new bearer of the Element of Magic Equestria would be doomed.

• Brohoof 6

Well since Twilight united the Elements of Harmony we'd assume Nightmare Moon would plunge Equestria into eternal night. Discord would eventually come around a probably take over. Chrysalis would probably not come to Equestria since not a lot of love when everpony lives in a state of unrest. The Crystal Empire and Sombra would eventually return and we'd see an epic battle between Discord against Sombra or more realisticly Sombra getting whooped. Essential unless Celestia could find a new bearer of the Element of Magic Equestria would be doomed.

On the other hand, it could be possible that another pony takes the place of Twilight as the Element of Magic, and then the Mane 6 would again save the day.

Even better: After the whole mess, the Element of Magic fights an antagonist who tries to destroy Equestria...then in the end, she'll find out that that enemy is actually herself in an alternate universe. PLOT TWIST!

Just kidding.

• Brohoof 1

On the other hand, it could be possible that another pony takes the place of Twilight as the Element of Magic, and then the Mane 6 would again save the day.

Even better: After the whole mess, the Element of Magic fights an antagonist who tries to destroy Equestria...then in the end, she'll find out that that enemy is actually herself in an alternate universe. PLOT TWIST!

Just kidding.

Holy crap, that would be freakin epic! 

I can seriously imagine a future episode where such a "what if" scenario takes place. The whole lives of the mane 6 play out differently, and there's a new element of magic, which could most likely be Trixie. Then she has go up against this powerful antagonist, who turns out to be Twilight Sparkle, coming from the alternate universe where she really exists.

Total "Twilight Zone" scenario right there!(no pun intended) 

• Brohoof 1

Well, i think if she wasn't born, and someone else wasn't born with her abilities, then equestria would be plunged into darkness by nightmare moon and whatever other villains that attack equestria.

If someone was born in her place with the same abilities, then Equestria would end up safe most likely, and things would playout for the most part the same.

However, nopony would replace Twilight in my heart :P.

Nopony would be the same. :(

• Brohoof 1

Wow. :huh: This is really a cool idea, which could probably be made into a real episode!

I think that if Twilight never existed (assuming another pony didn't become the Element of Magic), I think Nightmare Moon probably would have taken over, causing the world to be plunged into darkness. :comeatus: That amount of unrest and absolute lack of order would immediately break open Discord's statue, he would whoop NMM's butt and take over. And the whole world would basically be back to the time of Discord's reign. :umad:

Oh, and when Sombra returned, Discord would either be like, to heck with you, I want to Crystal Empire as well!, or be, oh, hi, I don't really care what you do, 'cause you aren't part of Equestria. And I'm having enough fun with these guys already. Don't get to comfortable though, cause if I get bored, you might be next.

And if Chrysalis ever did come around, he'd probably defeat her, but let the Changelings remain, because they cause chaos just by how they feed.

So, yeah. Things would be quite different if Twilight wasn't around. :catface:

• Brohoof 1

What if our beloved Twilight Sparkle was never born?

Than Clarence would never have gotten his wings. Oops, wrong movie.

Spike would have become the star of the show, and he would have defeated Nightmare Moon.

Further MLP would have a forum where everyone throws fits over his becoming a "princess" at the end of season three.

• Brohoof 2

We'd probably have a 5 way duel over the domination of Equestria. Nightmare moon would cover Equestria in darkness. Discord would break out of his prison due to all the chaos. Chrysalis might still marry Shining Armor and feed off the power of his love. Sombra would have total dominion over the crystal empire and possibly move to take over Equestria. Sunset Shimmer may still take the Element of magic, use it in the human world and storm Equestria w/ the brainwashed denizens of Earth. Celestia might just evacuate whomever she can to the moon while chaos, darkness, zombified shock troops, changeling swarms and crystal spires all clash across the wasteland once known as Equestria.

It's also possible that somepony else may try to finish the spell of Starswirl the bearded and end up swapping everyponie's cutie marks, leaving many ponies in depression and despair over finding out how useless they were performing what was their true purpose in life.

It would not be a fun place to live.

• Brohoof 1

Basically, if Twilight were never born, chaos would breach throughout all of Equestria, ponies would be mislead, we'd still be wrapping up winter, her friends would think Pinkie was the leader, there'd be no Spike, Shining Armor wouldn't be married to Cadence cause she never met Twilight, the Elements of Harmony would be lost forever, Celestia would be forever alone, and above all, this fandom wouldn't even exist. 

• Brohoof 3

Perhaps we will see a future episode where Twilight get to see an alternate reality where she never existed or at least never became Celestia's student. It would be rather bleak to say the least. Also, if Twilight never existed, I wouldn't be as big a fan of the show as I am. Even though it was Fluttershy memes that first pulled me to the show, it was in the character of Twilight Sparkle that I found something relateable. I came for the Flutters and stayed for the Sparkle.

I'm sure I would still like the show, but probably no more than any other awesome cartoon I've watched.

• Brohoof 1

1. Replacement character
  2. Similar Character
  3. Twilight Speerkle (lol)
  4. Sunset Shimmer possibly?
  5. The mane 6 might not be friends
  6. Snips and Snails would have killed everypony in ponyvill do to the Ecrem miner incident 

mlp_rage_faces_twilight_sparkle_by_obser

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Perhaps we will see a future episode where Twilight get to see an alternate reality where she never existed or at least never became Celestia's student. It would be rather bleak to say the least. Also, if Twilight never existed, I wouldn't be as big a fan of the show as I am. Even though it was Fluttershy memes that first pulled me to the show, it was in the character of Twilight Sparkle that I found something relateable. I came for the Flutters and stayed for the Sparkle.

I'm sure I would still like the show, but probably no more than any other awesome cartoon I've watched.

That would be interesting to see a episode that displays the "What-if" scenario of a world without Twilight. Definitely would be kind of sad though. :/ But yeah, I can easily see why the show would never be the same without Twilight. She is the protagonist after all. :P

I think there would be a replacement for Celestia's apprentice, and they probably would have never met each other. Also, there would still only be two princesses around.

I agree a little with Harmonic. There would be a different apprentice who also probably would have been given the same mission: make friends and use the elements of harmony to save the world.... but the chances that the alternate apprentice would have made friends with specifically the other 5 main ponies are very slim.... it probably would have turned out much differently.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
On 2013-08-27 at 12:11 PM, Luximus said:

Basically, if Twilight were never born, chaos would breach throughout all of Equestria, ponies would be mislead, we'd still be wrapping up winter, her friends would think Pinkie was the leader, there'd be no Spike, Shining Armor wouldn't be married to Cadence cause she never met Twilight, the Elements of Harmony would be lost forever, Celestia would be forever alone, and above all, this fandom wouldn't even exist. 

smarty | My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic | Know Your MemeFanmade Pony Request 160 Alicorn Rainbow Dash By Ah - My Little Pony  Rainbow Dash Alicorn PNG Image | Transparent PNG Free Download on SeekPNGd5idemg-89b78aa2-8ceb-4a4c-ad38-a97925cfdc87.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk3NDAzZDBiLTI2ZjgtNGQyNy1iZGJiLWUzNzZjNmU0OTRmOFwvZDVpZGVtZy04OWI3OGFhMi04Y2ViLTRhNGMtYWQzOC1hOTc5MjVjZmRjODcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8vi059XO3c2nk9gO6EeXRWjZ-0wU1DzlSgYW9PxIBX8See the source image There is only one heroes will save equestria from the villain  and that is rainbow dash . brave, selfless, and mysterious. When exiting a movie theater (opera in some   version Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles are murdered by a mugger right in front of their Daughter rainbow dash. This tragedy shocks equestria and leads to Park Row (the street where it occurred) being labeled Crime Alley.

See the source image