Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A huge thank you from the staff of BronyCAN

Silvershock

Hi all!

It's highly likely that the rest of the staff are currently asleep, so I'll come on and express a sentiment I know they all share.

Thank you for making BronyCAN 2013 awesome!

There are so many people we need to thank, but the attendees are top of the list. We budgeted for around 450-500 people, and around 820 walked through the door. For a first year con in Vancouver, that's incredible. The con wouldn't have been successful without your support, so you get first praise. The attendees started the con by invading the stage and dancing, and ended the con by cheering the roof off. Personally, I thought you lot looked like you were on the world's biggest sugar high. :D

A big thank-you also to our special guests, who were fantastic. They were enthusiastic, a ton of fun, and patient when things were sometimes late or didn't go quite to plan (that's live events for you!). A personal shout-out from me to Lee Tockar, who was everywhere helping us out, whether on the main stage, hanging out in con ops, or stepping up to do media interviews for us. Thanks also to the various show staff who slid into the con incognito. (I think everyone knows Sibsy was around, but did you happen to spot any others? I can think of another name you would definitely recognise. ;) )

Huge, huge, unrelenting thank-you to the Vancouver furry community, who stepped up when our at-con reg system was delivered to us non-functioning and helped us out with tech and hardware support. Special thanks to Aphinity (who is on both BronyCAN and Vancoufur staff, and basically engineered the whole thing), Jason (one of the Vancoufur techies) and Poniverse's very own Feld0, who also saved our asses multiple times when the new server started misbehaving at the con. Numerous other staff members were from the local furry community, and they did a great job helping us get started.

Special mention to Trapa Civet, the unsung background hero of many a con, for all his advice and support. Trapa's been founding, running or otherwise supporting conventions for a long time, and his involvement was invaluable. The radio kit we were using is his, the reg system software we use is his, some of the hardware our reg team used is his, so big thanks to him also. He unfortunately came back from a trip to Europe the day after the con, so we couldn't drag him on stage and thank him in person.

And everyone should thank our small army of volunteers for their dedication and hard work. The local (and less local) bronies that came to the con as redshirts were essential in keeping the con running. They were professional, cheerful, and worked their butts off. I'll see if I can get something nice for you guys for the Saturday meetup.

Finally, a thank-you to our community artists for all their really great work, as well as an apology to those few whose contributions never made the charity auction. There was a small mix-up and a few pieces got left behind. We're hoping to do something with those after the con. That said, the auction was still a success, and with the help of our contributors, we made over $7000 for the local children's hospital, which is something to be proud of.

And on a personal note, thank you to everyone who turned up for my panel. I was a bit worried about how it would go, given the complete failure of my embedded video content, but the turnout was better than I could have expected, and we all had a ton of fun.

The feedback we've had from attendees has blown us away. We're really glad that you all enjoyed the con, and we were amazed by its popularity. We had both pony and non-pony news networks attend the con, and I think we're up to 4 TV stations that have featured us as an item. It's really encouraging to see just how enthusiastic people were for the convention, and we promise to put all our effort into making our next endeavour bigger, better and brighter.

I hope I haven't missed anyone. We really do appreciate everything you guys did for us, and we hope you all had a blast at BronyCAN '13. We'll be back very soon, hopefully with info on BronyCAN '14, but for now I'm sure you'll understand if we all take a little time off. I'm behind on my writing, and that backlog of video games aren't going to play themselves.

We love you guys. See you soon!

Silvershock

Edited by Silvershock
  • Brohoof 14

While I was both unable to attend or make any contributions to helping out BronyCan '13, I just want to offer a warm congratulations to everyone who did make it possible and apparently an awesome convention from what I've heard!  Very happy that all our Canadian brony and pegasister brethren got to have a blast this past weekend, and here's wishing all of the con organizers God's blessings and the warmest wishes in the future, and that this convention only gets bigger and better from here!  :muffins:

brohoof_me__applejack_edition_by_sundown

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

I've always said that experience goes a long way, and it really showed this past weekend. We had a lot of great neighbors from the Pacific Northwest and beyond to help us keep the con rolling as smooth as possible. There were a lot of superb staff and wonderful attendees roaming the Executive, and I really want to thank you all for your patience and your enthusiasm as the con went on. We'll make sure we learn from the feedback you give us, and look to make BronyCAN '14 more spectacular!

I'm especially proud of the response I've gotten about the con book. My first printing project is such a success, I'm going to look into learning more about publishing and print design. Being more used to digital publishing, there were so many techniques and quarks I most definitely could've used while preparing it for print. Next year I promise to make the book bigger and prettier than ever! With a slew of talented artists on hand, we'll make sure BronyCAN '14 looks as stunning as the great white north itself.

With love from Coquitlam,

FirestormCAN

• Brohoof 3

Thank you for making it the best con yet and as one of the people who started the invasion of the stage you can count on us to do it again next year but even louder and bigger ( I feel a flash mob coming into mind). But still thank you we wouldn't have been able to have the fun we had without the amazing staff

• 1 year later...