Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your childhood like?

HungryTroll

I've got a little nostalgic today :)

Hope there wasn't topic like that before, at least I've searched, honestly :)

So - How was your childhood like?

Mine was good one, there so many things to remember.

A lot of books and time to read them. Bicycling without fear (idk how many times I fall, but still tried to do some tricks :) ). Climbing trees (and falling from them lol). Fires and baked popatoes. Warcraft I and II and ancle's house ^_^ . Football, voleyball et cetera. Granny's pies. Sunny plains and school days. Trips with parents and camps with friends. New Year's holidays at great grandfather house. Small travels which then was a great adventuries and now for me it's 20 minutes walk throught common places. Secret houses on the trees and cheap and tasty icecream. Also I was fencer so tornaments in other schools and towns. And a much much much more. Looking back I'm really very happy about my childhood, there a lot to remember that I mentioned above just vague shapes of what I see in my head right now :) But it's a little sad that I'm adult already :(

And that about you? What you seeing than you looking back into your childhood? Are you happy with it? Are you sad that it's over (well if it's over for you ofc)?

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember much of it.

I remember hanging out with friends quite a lot.

I think I had a standard childhood, wasn't amazing, wasn't all too interesting.

But here's something interesting:

I was looking through old pictures of me in Pre-school with my friend. She pointed out that she was in the same picture as me. I didn't even know her until the 4th grade, so I thought that was kind of cool how we we're in the same classes for all these years but we weren't even friends or even knew about it.

I was always hanging out with my friends, watching cartoons, and playing video games. I had a pretty fun childhood but now that I look back at it, I've seen how much I have grown over a long period of years. So many glorious memories.

I had a mixed childhood, there are definitely people with worse childhoods than I had.

I was introverted, luckily, this gave me a lot of time to think which, to an extent, made me mature faster than my peers mentally. This was noticeable in my general conduct and speech patterns.

When I was about four or so, my mother kicked my father out and they got divorced, so then I was just living with my mother and brother, this was really the crushing blow to my social life, and a huge source of my depression,, and most likely the source of my trust issues.

My father was very religious, and at this time, I hated him, this was around the time I abandoned my religion in a way out of spite and became completely introverted. I did not even go to events with my family, I didn't go to parties, events, nothing like that. If I wasn't alone, it didn't feel right.

On the other hand, I did have an easy time with school, knowledge and logic were really the only friend I had to comfort me. I would sit for hours, just reading, and drowning the outside world out of my life. I hated socializing, I disliked having people around me. This is partially still true, even now, talking to people in person is something I have a lot of trouble with, I tend to be shy.

I started becoming a very dark individual, I would write and draw things incredibly dark for a child of my age to do, I went to counseling for a few years. I was a nervous wreck, I got put on a lot of meds, most of which I'm still taking to this day.

Eventually, I did manage to make a few friends, and spending time with them instead of my family made me finally reach out and be more social.

Eventually I managed to put this behind me and move forward with my life, of course, but some of the trust issues and such persist even now, when talking to me, my lack of adapting to socializing with people is semi-obvious. I think what really helped me was my brother's support and to an extent, the medication.

Edited by Jacob Danik
  • Brohoof 1

smb3ill.jpg

Dragon_quest_battle_2.png

rocko_s_modern_life_50051.jpg

Dog-iz-giving-a-kiss-2-cat-catdog-287013

Pokemon_Silver_%28NA%29.jpg

NES-Console-Set.jpg

Oh, you probably meant a description.

Basically, everything I put in the spoiler tags. I wasn't very social as a kid, in fact, everywhere I went in public I'd have my face buried in my gameboy color. It's a little ironic comparing how I was then to how I am now.

• Brohoof 1

smb3ill.jpg

Dragon_quest_battle_2.png

rocko_s_modern_life_50051.jpg

Dog-iz-giving-a-kiss-2-cat-catdog-287013

Pokemon_Silver_%28NA%29.jpg

NES-Console-Set.jpg

Oh, you probably meant a description.

Basically, everything I put in the spoiler tags. I wasn't very social as a kid, in fact, everywhere I went in public I'd have my face buried in my gameboy color. It's a little ironic comparing how I was then to how I am now.

Pokemon OMG,The ultimate nostalgia! Godd*mn it I love those days of playing Sliver at midnight with a flashlight in my mouth

• Brohoof 1

Nothing original. I've spent most time playing football with friends, some video games, cartoons (that running home not to miss another Pokemon episode!) sometimes some really stupid ideas. Family didn't care about money that much (right now they are jumping to each others throat to earn some, well, not literally of course), life was way simplier. Everyone seemed much happier, not only me, now most important priority for my family is money and it's really hurting when someone (me) has different view on life. I miss my childhood very much (and I wanted to be adult so much when I was a child, what an irony) and wouldn't hesitate if I would have a chance to go about 15 years back. Damn, all those memories make me sad now, I think I'll finish my post there :(

My childhood is a bit all over the place. When I went to primary school (little kids school, not sure what other country call their primary schools) I was awkward around others, I wanted to understand how I can make friends. However, some stuff happened and I had to move houses and schools. The move wasn't too bad, but at school I was a loner. I spent about a year in solitude, I was able to entertain myself socially by thinking to myself. Over the course of time, people began talking to me and I began talking back.

My Childhood was okay, it was just a bit lonely

Pokemon OMG,The ultimate nostalgia! Godd*mn it I love those days of playing Sliver at midnight with a flashlight in my mouth

Right?!

I had one of those gameboy-specific lights that plugged into the game link cable slot though.

Drained the batteries like no other, but totally worth it.

To explain it as briefly as I can, since I would not like to get too personal and in depth about it, I was very antisocial and introverted in my younger years. I was always drawing and playing with all the countless lego sets I had for the most part. I also watched a whole lot of TV back then, and there were so many good shows of the early 2000s and 90s that definitely beat today's standards. :P

So yeah, legos, drawing, and TV were common and mundane for me. At many occasions though, I would go outside and just sit in the grass, enjoying the fresh air and sun. Sometimes I would climb the tree as well. I always loved climbing in general, and still do to this very day. :P

But yeah, I hardly had any friends other than my typical fun family members. I was pretty socially awkward and my family was going through some major ups and downs. 

That's pretty much for the brief description of my childhood. 

I've gotten a lot better over the years but a little bit from my childhood still has its effect on me. I'm still kind of introverted, my family, though not divorced, has it's own set of issues that I'm forced to deal with, and yeah. :P

I have more friends now and I'm a lot less socially awkward so that's good nonetheless. 

Edited by Sanderspie

My childhood wasn't bad really. I was a scout for a few years, so I went to many camps and hikes and that sorta thing, which was always fun ^_^

Plus I distinctly remember playing the first Spyro game when I was a kid :3

That's easily one of my favourite memories :3

I had a pretty okay childhood. I had two bestfriends I hung out with all the time named Jessica and Whitney. My mom thought it wasn't healthy that I was hanging out with them so much and that they were a bad influence on me... They were but oh well, they were a lot of fun. Hit clips, video games, and tamagotchis were some of my favorite things ever. Neopets, Habbo, iSketch, and Postopia were some of my favorite websites, especially Neopets. I loved the internet.

It was pretty good for the most part. There are a few things that I wish could have gone better, but besides that it wasn't half bad. I grew up with Pokémon, anime, and a playstation 2 that kept me busy for many years.

I remember doing stuff with friends a lot of the time. I also loved the internet as I still do today. I remember playing Ratchet and Clank, and Pokémon Silver. I remember collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I remember buying my first naruto manga volume.

My childhood was awesome, actually. My childhood was full of good things. I didn't grow up in a war torn wasteland, and I wasn't brainwashed to kill in the name of a god. I grew up in a nice safe small Midwestern American town. I have so many wonderful memories, and I hope to continue to make even more as time goes on. :)

I had a terrible childhood for the most part. Kids were bullying me, and they came close to physical stuff, I got sand in the eyes and fell from 8 feet high. I have been pushed, bandwagonned, but I finally found awesome friends who stood up for me. :)

But I have quite enjoyed my time spent alone, reading books, watching documentaries, or family suppers and stuff.

In my early childhood, I was super hyperactive and disgusting, didn't talk much and I hardly did any school work. given no toys or anything just a computer with internet. I wasn't raised well.

Thats all I remember.

Edited by charlton

I'm having a great childhood so far, no pressure from my parents about my grades, I get to hangout with friends, go on a ton of trips to differen't bouldering areas in colorado. I've biked over 7000 miles in 3 years, I just wish I would have made more time to make more friends, and be more social. But my life has been an adventure and I plan on continuing it until I'm long gone. But yea i've had bonfires, had a few beers to many, slapped a few guys, kissed random people, long boarded through a wal-mart, gotten my fishing pole stolen by a huge carp, and just lived. Good luck in life everyone.

It wasn't the best one, but also not the worst one

Making friends at that time was hard so used to spent most of the time by myself, and then started playing those games on the gameboy,and the PS1 to entertain myslef i only visited/invited some people like 3¬4 times, not more, and so i had no other choice than actually studying,which ofc is something i used to hate, but i watched documentaries,stuff like that. My dad would always be at work and he used to be back at 9PM, meaning we wouldn't get to see him for the whole day,my sister was a bit different, she used to have couple of friends and she would hang out with therm,anywho my mom was always busy around the house,even though she was the only one actually present in the childhood, she brought us some toys from time to time,and played with us but rarely. And so at the age of almost 8¬9 years all i did was watch discovery channel it was pretty fun and entertaining, It was actually the times were internet was introduced to my country, meanwhile i read books about science and stuff like that, mostly fictions.

And here i am in my last year of school,became a brony,typing this post :)

Fair enough

Well i'm 16, so i assume childhood refers to like idk younger years before 10 idk?

Anyways, frankly i don't remember alot of my childhood that vividly. I was homeschooled so i didn't have a ton of friends or socialize as much as i probably should've, but still.

I did many different things which is good that my parents exposed me to so much.

I did karate(I got to like green belt i think.), soccer(For 5 years, and sucked all 5 nows, learned i suck at sports the hard way i guess.)

I also did baseball(also sucked at it) for 1 year.

I did band a year at another place for homeschooling, then quit and took private lessons, then quit for a year after my private teacher went back to college to get an extra degree(He was an awesome teacher, helped me way more then my other year in band.)

I also did some plays in homeschool group, which was fun.

And some other stuff i don't remember at the moment.

I guess i had a pretty good childhood, nothing to complain about. I was kinda lacking i felt compared to regular school kids or other kids in general, which may have to do with my low self esteem and shyness. Because i felt like i sucked at everything during my childhood(Being the slowest and worst player in soccer for 5 years definably took a hit after a while.)

Only really bad thing that happened earlier in my life i can remember really is when i took a public speaking class, which ended in me getting nervous looking at the people in the crowd trying to say my speech by memory, i had it memorized, it just wouldn't come out due to nervousness and other stuff i guess.

it ended in me running out with lots of tears, and never coming back.

Can't really have helped my self esteem or shyness.

Oh and i played lots of video games, pokemon, Star wars battlefront, Star wars knights of the old republic, and a bunch of other stuff.

So i can't say my childhood was really that bad honestly. It could've gone so much worse. It was pretty good compared to some i'm sure.

Boring. It was all boring. I stay home, had no friends, was overly sheltered... Everything... Boring...

Dang it! Why can't I be some main character in an anime who was so awesome then met some childhood girl-friend that will be met in highschool due to fate?!

Or why couldn't I have gone on a journey to become a Pokemon master?

Really, I had no friends and no fun. I'm jealous of the people in anime, videogames, books, and all of that stuff.

I did everything anyother kid would do, an less.

Looking back on it, I actually don't like my childhood like that much. I had major ADHD and some mild autism, both of which have gotten way better over the years. But mostly I scared everyone in my elementary school off, and now I'm actually meeting them in highschool years later. I had fun as a child, but I was definitely an odd duck.

Mine was pretty good. It had it's ups and downs but good overall my best memories are when I'd be hanging out with my friends and we'd do stuff like pitch and putt golf, go to the movies and game together.