Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your childhood like?

HungryTroll

My childhood... *Memories........*

I'm not joking, you have no idea how many memories I have connected with music, cars, traveling and engines.

My childhood was different, I don't remember a day in my life I wasn't around cars, trucks, jeeps and other fun stuff.

I would often travel around my country and not on roads, often off-road adventures. Like this:http://www.guidetoiceland.is/files/blog_img/13aa497682c68d9e17cae4a95f9535a2.jpg If I was around my father it was usually near some construction sites and I would be surrounded with bulldozers, huge trucks, caterpillars and huge excavators. Loud diesel engines, the smell of cold air and diesel exhaust mixture. I got to sit behind the wheel of trucks and excavators, that was until school came. I have always connected my childhood with U2 and the Toyota Land Cruiser 90. So at that time it was great.

Then school came in, sure it was ok I guess I wasn't bullied that much, not even sure if it counts as bullying. Just people trying to get into fights, holding me down, trying to suffocate me calling me names, nothing important. I still didn't like school and I didn't get a good teacher until I became 11, that was in fifth grade. I don't remember much of my childhood, I remember rain everyday, it feels cold thinking back on it. I honestly wouldn't go back to it, there were good times with my friend, he helped me but I was so anti-social I would usually ignore him. I developed major trust issues with time, my childhood consisted of me just feeling anxious. It is noones fault, it was all my fault. My parents had to constantly tell the people at school to watch out for me, because of my asthma and people really liked to suffocate me and just physical stuff. My teenage years are worse though, I don't even want to think about them.

So I think my childhood was great, it had it's ups and downs but luckily for me all I remember from it is me giving the old Land Cruiser a wash. School was not fun, but before it.. It was great. :)

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Mostly I just played video games. I'd play outside once in a while but I always liked electronics better. Definitely not the out-doorsy type.

A stagnant cesspool of mediocrity. What curse is it to have been mightily infused with the strong desire to wish to expand the minds of those who appear buffered to any improvement due to their agonising lack in the ability of recognising or even acknowledging their own intense levels inanity. Seriously, that's all I did in my youth. Whined.

Kidding!

My childhood probably wasn't as good as it should have been.  My family was always moving from place to place, my social anxiety kept getting worse and worse.  My brother seemed to have an easy time making friends, I on the other hand did not...  Ended up spending most of the time at my grandparent's house either avoiding my delusional grandmother, or making sure she didn't wander off and get run over.  Or avoiding my grandpa's rants about how worthless I was, etc.  So I ended up spending a lot of time hiding in a closet or under the bed with a book :\...  I could barely speak when I was younger so I ended up getting picked on a lot for that.  A lot of other stuff, etc, etc...  Before I start ranting or whatever...  Negative memories tend to stick with you more than the positive, especially when you have a lot of them and all that...

HELL

For reasons I don't want to share anymore besides the basics. No friends/abusive friends for the most part, almost never hung out with anyone. Lots of bullies over the years. Parental issues among other worse things I'm not going to mention.

Edited by Permanent Daylight

parents sheltered me a lot, so i didn't get any video game systems until 1 year after the wii came out. they kept buying me pokémon cards, but i just wanted the yugioh ones. ...if anyone still has some, i'll take em. :D i also loved me my legos and k'nex. yes those exist. i miss the original k'nex. they've lego-ized them. :( i watched the old cartoon network stuff. you know, when it was actually good. yeah, that's pretty much it. i take it this is about young childhood. i recently became an adult, so if otherwise, there is a lot more.

• 1 month later...

Here's mine

I was diagnosed with autism and ADHD at an early age, so I grew up being very hyper and socially awkward. I didn't have a hard time making friends in school and I was okay on grades

I also played the gamecube a lot with my older sister where we would make up ridiculous inside jokes from the games.

I would love watching television like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Kids WB (only watched for Pokemon though)

I'd pretty much quote anything I thought was catchy

I also played outside with the neighborhood kids even though most of them were older than me.

even when my parents split when I was 8, it didn't effect me

Finally, I loved memorizing stuff like maps and addresses. I even had a toy that taught the states and the countries

I moved around a lot and never lived in one city ( or state) longer than 4, maybe 5 years.  I'd make friends, then move and start over, so I learned how to be really comfortable by myself.  I get along well with my sister though, so I wasn't ever completely alone.  I also got bullied a lot in middle school ( my experiences of living in the south aren't so great), but then I moved to Canada and everything was good wink.png .  I was reserved for a long time though and mostly kept to myself until I started gaining more confidence in my late teens. 

Moving somewhere and not having any friends never really bothered me that much.  Like I said, I enjoy my own company, so I can manage. I've also been able to see a lot of the US and some of Canada and have had some interesting experiences.  With the exception of 2-3 years, my childhood was pretty good.

To be honest, my childhood was (and still is) a pretty good one. My parents split up when i was very young, but they are still good friends. Now i have a step mum and a little half sister (8 weeks i think now) and i also have a step dad and two (very annoying but cant live without them) brothers. I have a pretty good social life, my school grades are great and i have an awesome bunch of friends! i like to live while im still young, doing dangerous things when i can and stuff. And i am very bright (if i do say so myself) and happy child. There have been some rough patches, but i still keep my head held high and keep smiling!!! All i can say is, good luck everyone else!!!

Not so great, but I don't remember most of it fortunately. I spent most of my time outside, just dicking around, riding my bike, like most kids. I spent as little time at home as possible due to my violent, alcoholic father who was really physically abusive towards my mother, he was always angry with me too. My house was not a place in which I felt safe. Even now I still get really nervous and a little afraid when I hear someone shouting, could be because it reminds me of my childhood.

Quite... boring.

I've never moved house, I was raised in one home and am still in that same home right now. I have an older brother as well so I'd always have someone to mess around with and goof off with at home. I was quite close to both my parents as a child but evidently I was closer to my mother and even though we've had our disputes, I'm still closer to her than any other family member.

I have been absolutely spoilt rotten by my parents but I try not to become one of them brats, there's no need for me to rub it in people's faces. I kind of replaced having friendships with having possessions so I was not the most social child and it's what has caused me to not like being social today as well as hating having numerous possessions.

I've lived a cushy life that, in all honesty, was perfect even with it's very few and far faults and I'm thankful for that.

Oh dear, my childhood. Well where should i start. Well when was like abut 6 my father, was wherry alcoholic, and that only got worse from years to come, so eventually my mother head too divorce him. It seem like we head low funds all my life to live on, we barley made it through mount with food, and when other kid head there parents buy them what ever. I was left out, i was even left out of some school trips cause didn't have money. Yea my childhood wasn't fun, but it was okey. Well would been if weren't for my brother, when getting older. Getting into gangs that hang out did bad stuff. First was just small stuff, But got bigger and bigger, and then eventually he got into drugs with his friends. And that when thing really went to hall for me. He always been mean person to me but not more then big  regular bro would. But when started with drugs, he become other person aggressive mean spirited and all out bad. He scared me with hard words and intimidate gestures. He even at some point's friskily abused me in order get his way with me. In order do something for him i didn't want to do, Do's day still hunt me. But am over that part of my life. Me and my brother are no more. I disclaimed him as my brother by blood long ago. Even if my childhood weren't cheerful one, i would like think, i grown stronger now. But of course the moments of my childhood wasn't all bad. I head some good childhood friend too. Mostly game geeks. And that's how got interested in gaming. Before that i head been where shy little boy. Just keeping to my self. Making pictures. Exactly making pictures all time even at class time. My mind was uselessly bit fussy cause all shit going around me in my home life i couldn't concrete on school stuff. And my dyslexia didn't help either. But pull through. And I see brighter further a head. But yea, that some of my childhood experiences, still have dos great family memory's like everyone has still. begin with grand-mom at christmas and stuff. But there allot of days in my youth where i was asking myself. Why, why is this happening?

No I rambled on long enough abut my past. The later count gating almost too 2000. I don't want bore some-pony with my life story, there am probably not alone with sad childhood either. But to tale truth, it feet good taking abut it. So i hope you can forgive me for begin saddening, Is weren't my entente, I just wanted share with you all my childhood experience like everypony else here.

Sig, Out...   

I would get bullied at daycare and school all the time, then restrained during class by teachers at times because I often had meltdowns, since they didn't know how to handle me or teach me correctly. Then I was bullied by the neighborhood kids when I was at home.  I wasn't a perfect child but I was treated like a monster by the adults around me. 

There were plenty of good times too, though. The bad just kind of stick out.

• 2 years later...

It was good, there were bad times, good times usually made up for them.

Also, I miss my childhood a lot :c But I think I kinda prefer now.

My Childhood was horrible. I had the typical " being bullied by everyone " childhood.

I never really had Friends, except for 3 i guess...even though i lost contact, school was a Nightmare, i hated most People and whenever i was in my room, i either just played Video Games or let my anger out in Radio Plays that i recorded.

Also i screamed a lot as a Child.

I had a pretty good childhood in my early years. I got to travel and experience some great things. My school years were a living hell from start to finish, and like many people I was bullied and made to feel like crap every step of the way. Eventually my parents got fed up with it and I was home schooled me the rest of the way. From that point I actually began to learn and the world opened up. I saw things optimistically instead of pessimistically and grew up well-adjusted and with an interest in everything. Looking back I see my childhood in a positive light, and have a lot of good memories and nostalgic moments. 

• Brohoof 1

In my early childhood, I LOVED Shrek. I had two Shrek video games on the original xBox, them being Shrek Super Party and Shrek Smash 'n' Crash Racing. I have the GameCube version of Shrek Super Party. I loved the Shrek movies and that Smashmouth song. To this day, I still think that Shrek is awesome.

(edited)

Well it all started when I was just a small embryo...

:okiedokieloki:

I was much more social when I was just a kid, in fact, I was the "class clown" in grades 1 through to 6. After that....well....I matured a little bit and then life wasn't all that fun anymore :/

Edited by Rawzy

It was a mixed bag. I was more or less a loner, a social outcast, and it suited me just fine because i dislike most human contact and prefer a good measure of seclusion.

I did have some friends, particularly a couple of which i still stayed in touch with to this day.

As a kid i spent my time playing on computer, PS1 and PS2, etc., when i hit junior high and highschool I played card games with fellow nerds, d&d, etc.

I didn't have a significant other until later past my high-school days, I wasn't exactly popular and didn't care to go about communicating with others, and with the opposite sex no less.

Do i think i could have done things differently? Maybe. I don't regret most of the things i had to do because eventually they made me "ME".

(edited)

Well,my cousins and I played games and bullied each other a lot. Then, I had my older brother who wouldn't stop picking on me and hurting me. Parents kept moving back and forth from NY to AZ. That's pretty much it for the depressing parts.

The good parts were that I was more friendly and outgoing, also my parents spoiled me way more than I deserved.

And, then there's cartoons and video games mixed into that equation somewhere.

Edited by Panzysoldat