Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your childhood like?

HungryTroll

Mmm.. It had its ups and downs.  
I was mainly raised by the television- video games and cartoons were basically my daily life.

It was too 'dangerous' to go outside, so I didn't really have a life outside school and home.

At school, I was bullied for various reasons...

HOWEVER.
HOWEVER.

Being online was fun and I made a lot of friends that way, I also gained a love of writing and I was always on top of the newest television shows. Also, I got pretty spoiled with toys and games so that's a plus.

I'd say my childhood was rather standard. I even remember playing outside. I know... me play outside? LOL. Incredible. I had a higher tolerance for heat and bugs when I was a kid, it seems.

was alright as long I as I wasn't in school. School was just miserable, lonely and just could not pay attention. I wanted to drop out of school at 6th grade. I started homeschooling in 7th and that didnt go to well.

What really made my childhood great was Skateboarding, Taekwondo and just.. i don't know. Being an active kid until I had to important surgeries on both my legs. I felt like that just ruined my life, because ever since then I've been super lazy. 

My childhood was pretty normal. I grew up with my older brother and my older sister as well as my mother and father. I grew up in a small town about a half hour away from where I live today. It was not a good place to live- as there was quite a bit of crime and violence. During my kindergarten through third grade, I attended a private Catholic school and I remember not liking it very much. I had two close childhood friends who lived near me and we played together all the time. However, today, we no longer talk. I grew up in a healthy and normal enviornment and fortunately didn't have any issues. 

Ever since I was a child I was always into playing pokemon alone. I never really cared about that because I had loads of stuff to keep me happy like how I was able to watch my pokemon movie collection over and over. I never grew bored of it as a child. But like other kids, I hated school. All I cared about was going home and either playing video games or watching movies. But I do know that my childhood was a blessing

• Brohoof 1

It was all about school and what we'd do after school. Whenever I think of my childhood I just think of all the stuff my friends and I did in primary school. It was pretty normal I guess. 

Happy! I think of a lot of great, fun things when I reflect on childhood. I wasn't excessively popular, but I was content, and that was enough.

Well let's see. I was awkward and didnt talk much. I made friends with the teachers and got called teacher's pet a few times. I remember playing video games a lot and getting in trouble with not doing homework. My friends were also awkward and very few. I spent most of my school life part of the special education program because of Asperger but I attended normal classes for the most part. I wasn't out of the program until high school. We moved about every 2 years or so because of one reason or another.

I was born and raised in a ghetto-ish part of the city in a country located in Europe. When I was 4 my parents divorced and were fighting every time dad came to pick me up to go out and have some fun. I lived alone with my mother for 6 years until she got married again to a new man, my stepfather. I got a new sister on my mother's side when I was 12. In the meantime I also got 2 brothers and 1 sister from the father's side and his new wife. So yeah, today I have 2 mixed brothers and 2 mixed sisters (I am the oldest). And once more, when I was 15, my mother divorced from my stepfather as well, and today she is kind of a mess, I have to carry most of the family work for her.

Anyway, about the rest of the childhood, well yeah (sorry mods) it was UTTERLY FUCKED UP SHIT. I had ADHD, I was constantly bullied and rarely fought back because I didn't like fighting. I maybe fought back 3 or 4 times my entire life, my worst outburst was when a student from the classroom pushed faceplanted me against the wall and I turned around, grabbed his head and smacked it 5 times against the tile floor. I was bullied 13 years of my lifetime and had a very little number of friends because I just didn't like people. I was doing just fine without friends to be honest. Once I tried to commit suicide by jumping from my balcony but didn't realize my stepfather came back home, saw me, sneaked up to me and pulled me back and smacked me a couple of times. In high school, I was an illegal graffiti artist which made my childhood even shittyer. Only to realize when I was 17 that all of that bullshit isn't worth it and became a depressed suicidal fool 'till now, 20 years of age.

At least I found a job, and BOY YOU ARE LUCKY if you get a job here where I live.....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My childhood consisted very much of being with friends and gaming, mostly Super Nintendo, PS1, PS2 and PC games. I loved being with people. Although sadly that changed after high school then i had to be more loner which sucked but a couple of years with boring books made me snap out of it lastly. Or well maybe not the books but i got out of the mentality that sucked. Other than that i will say i have had a good childhood, good friends, good family and lots of fun!

Edited by Fluttere

My childhood was not the the greatest I was constantly bullied and picked on. Because of my ADHD they automatically thought I was slow or dumb.I had to deal with that for all my years of schooling and it wasnt just the kids it was often times the teachers that did it.  My parents were never the best my father worked all the time and my mom always cared more about her friends then her own family.

(edited)

When I think back, I can say, that I am really happy with my childhood. I had great parents, great friends and a lot of nice moments. It was not everything perfect, but it was a good time. 

Only school time was not so nice because I was often bullied, but that started when I was a little bit older (12). And always, i had friends who helped me. 

Edited by IronM17

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an alright childhood... until my teenage years came along. This is just me sharing my childhood with you, I'm not asking for your sympathy. There are people out there who have experience much worse than I, that being said pull up a chair.

My childhood was your average upper middle class family life. Two sisters, a mother, a grandfather, and my father away in the Army. My life was perfect, but then as I got older, and started to understand reality more... I realized it was not as perfect as it seemed, there was a lot of drama. my grandfather, and mother would always get into drunken arguments. I would be abused verbally, and in some cases physically by my grandfather, and my mother when I got older. My mother would cheat on my father while he was away and eventually divorced him, which caused even more drama. And I would get picked on by people at school because of how girly I acted at times (not my fault I was raised by my mother, and sister)... this is why I don't wear shorts in public anymore. Aside from all of that I got what ever I wanted as long as I behaved, and I was well behaved. Then my teenage years came along... we downgraded from upper middle class status to a more poorer life style after some bad decisions my family made (mostly my mother). To spare you the details things seemed to just keep going down hill for me, and it got to the point where I had to convince myself life was worth living. I've already shared too much, at this point I might as well tell you my entire life story in great detail. So not too happy of a childhood, though it could of been much worse.

To summarize, there were some nice things I miss fondly back then, but I'm happy as an adult and never wanna go back. The cons greatly out weigh the pros.

Although it contained many decisions that I regret in the present day, I acknowledge that I was far happier back then compared to how I am now. I was optimistic about every day that came, I wanted every to see me try my hardest, I loved my family and the world that I was a part of. And most of all, I felt free.

Now the only emotions that I feel are regret, cynicism, and a permanent sense of tiredness.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme

I would have to say i had a negative to mixed childhood. Not the worst in the world but bad enough that i can easily say that it was very stressful and hard on me mentally and emotionally and a few times i would say it was living hell. My parents divorced when i was 4 years old and it was a really nasty divorce. My mother was a manipulative sociopath that made life very difficult for my sister and i. She made our lives miserable whenever see could in order to hurt my dad. I swear my dad is the best. He did everything he could to protect us from her and make sure we where happy and cared for when it was his parenting time. If it wasn't for him i probably would have attempted suicide long ago.

Life was pretty much shit for me from the ages of 4 - 15 but my late teens where probably the best since i was old enough to be able to stand up for myself and was not so easily influenced by my mothers deceitful and manipulative ways. Now that i am 18 i never have to worry about any of that stuff again. Sorry if this was a bit of a overly negative post but just felt like getting it out there. 

Edited by DayShadow

My childhood wasn't very memorable though it did involve me wandering off too much in stores because of being curious. I still haven't gotten over that though.

It was better than where I am now, I will give you that. 

now i wished I haven't complain so much back then.

I remember my childhood being a very good one ^.^ the only thing that could've been sad about it was that back then I didnt have anyone to play with since I was an only child and all my friends had a brother/sister to play with when they were at their houses. But besides that, it was pretty fun, I remember I used to write little one-page-long stories in a notebook everytime an idea came to my mind *sigh* good times... 

I had about half of a good childhood. Caring parents, pretty much anything I wanted, a happy outlook on life and the world. It just slowly went downhill over time, coinciding (of course) with the teenage years, which didn't help things at all.

I miss it.