Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Twilight Sparkle was married to Flash Sentry?

Sugar Pea

If our protagonist Twilight Sparkle was married to the cool and spicy Flash Sentry, what would your initial reaction be, and why would you like/dislike it?

wl3i8g.jpg

I wouldn't really mind it, to be honest. They're bound to find relationships anyway. I, for one, think they make a rather cute and adorable couple. So....I would like it.

I ship it.

• Brohoof 4

img-1712703-1-33760__safe_twilight-spark

assassinate everyone who works for Hasbro 

I have know idea how I would react to this, I would probably adjust to it overtime Im sure I wouldn't mined it much if Flash had deeper character development.

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 4

I myself wouldn't really care.

But the fandom...., oh boy! Expect a massive outrage bigger then the announcement of equestria girls, twilights alicorn transfomration and the derpy chnage combined.

The fandom would get really mad or at least i think it would.

• Brohoof 3

cool and spicy Flash Sentry

You see, this is exactly why I hate him. He's just that character that all stereotypical girls are supposed to fawn over. He barely has anything characteristically that makes him not a Stu, and it just aggravates me that they would make someone like him shipped with Twili! 

Now if he married her? ...

fuuu-rage-guy-comic.gif

• Brohoof 8

Welcome to StatesTheOblivious' guideline on how to react to change in the show.

table_flip.jpg

Step 1: Stand up from your chair in anger!

Step 2: Now filp your table at pleasure!

Actually I would most likely only rage if it was not well done. That can happen in two ways:

1) Flash Sentry's character is not developed any further before it happens; from the bland plot device and forced character he was, to someone who can actually be seen as as well developed as the other main characters.

2) ???

Now, 2) really depends on how it would be introduced, what else happens, how Twilight's friends developed and such...

But something tells me it would be even more controversial than Twilight becoming an alicorn...

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 3

Le me

Le Hasbro to bronies

Funny how I never gave them any money. I honestly... wouldn't be too much of a fan of it. I'm fine with the marriage thing, but Flash Sentry?

C'mon, i've eaten toaster strudels with more personality than him.

Edited by ReGen
  • Brohoof 7

I wouldn't mind at all but, the people that Flash Sentry's boring personality would not like that at all. But to me, it's meh. Relationships are bound to happen but, I don't care.

• Brohoof 2

well... thats, uh, interesting.

WHAT WILL BECOME OF THIS!?

I cant even imagine it really, I mean if anyone married anyone I would say more along the lines of popular background characters like derpy and dr whooves, but maybe its just me.

At the very first moment I'd be happy. Then I'd figure out what has happened. Then I'd produce so many brony tears it'd save kids in Kenya from dehydration. Then, like with every change, I'd learn to live with it.

i dont like this ship but if hasbro dose it i dont really care as long as it doesn't effect the show too much

i really dont like his character in EQ maybe if Fim version get more screen time in season 4 and i get to know his character better till them he on my top worst character list

I'd hate it. I'm not really for any of the Mane 6 getting themselves into relationships. I think it'd make a lot of people mad, plus it doesn't really feel like a show where relationships would work. There's too much of a heavy focus on the dynamic between six friends. If any of them got lovers, it could potentially mess that up.

Plus, Flash Sentry is a badly 'developed' character. And I used the term developed lightly.

• Brohoof 1

If our protagonist Twilight Sparkle was married to the cool and spicy Flash Sentry, what would your initial reaction be, and why would you like/dislike it?

wl3i8g.jpg

You should totally edit this and make it a pole. I bet there would be some interesting votes cast.

I would vote indifferent thought because I like him but, he need to have a lot more development.

There would be a good chance I'd give up on the show. Friendship is Magic used to be able to take something girly and make it interesting but after the sin against humanity that was Equestria Girls, I don't trust them anywhere

• Brohoof 2

Stop watching the show and be ashamed of Twilight being so shallow and marring someone she has never spoken too.

The show would stop being about firendship and only focuse on Twilight. There would really be no point to it anymore.

• Brohoof 4

Just... no...
I'm still pretty butthurt over alicorn Twilight (ever so slightly starting to accept it,) but there is no way I would get over that.

Seriouslly. He doesn't have a personality outside of "I'm cool and all the chicks want me." I'd probably lose a lot of intrest in the show, although I'd give it a *small* chance

• Brohoof 2

I would yell at the screen, go around the internet showing people how I disapprove of it. Then I would try to accept it, I would end up accepting it then loose my temper again. Browse around the internet telling people how I feel, then I would realize I was acting stupid. I would say "trust the writers and hasbro" and all that stuff.. Then I would probably just end up accepting it, don't really care. Although EQG is a spin-off series and I want to keep it that way. So I prefer not seeing them too much together or at least not married. Blushing Twilight was still adorable and I had a little heart attack when I saw it but still, I prefer that they won't get married. Still, if done right then who knows maybe I would like it, I still prefer that they won't.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

In due time, I suppose I could accept it. But to do it suddenly wouldn't give him time for adequate character development. For now, he's nothing but a cliché teenage heartthrob. MLP:FiM gained its fame for largely avoiding cliches like that.

• Brohoof 1

He would then share the same nickname I have for Shinging Armor of "lucky bastard" and I would hate him so so very much. Okay I am joking, but seriously it would depend on how it was handled. First he would need a lot more character development and interaction with Twilight, they would need to go from crush/friendship to dating and then marriage which in order to work without it negatively impacting the show or taking over the show would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 3-4 seasons. If the buildup and characterization is right then I don't think I would mind it but that additional step of them being married would make this even more crucial. Alot of people say that Flash is the stereotypical cute boy and in many ways he is I won't deny that but with proper characterization he could easily be a far deeper, richer character than that all he needs is a bit of time.

• Brohoof 1

Well, currently, Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry's relationship is very shallow at the moment, and I think they should try to become better friends first, and develop his character further. Then, after a while, they might able to get married. I would have no problem with this if the previous things I said happened.

• Brohoof 1

I don't approve, sorry. The weird "relationship" they seemed to share through the course of the movie just seemed very shallow and in plot-wise, it was pointless. The movie really would've been fine without that.

Thankfully, the writers and producers of the show clearly stated that nothing from the movie is or will ever be cannon. So we're safe guys. :P (referring to those of us who also don't approve..)

If they married, then my interest in the show would greatly lessen. 

I don't even want to think about it, sorry. :/

• Brohoof 1

I think that we are all getting ahead of ourselves over here.

It is hard to imagine what Twilight marrying Flash Sentry would look like because we barely know Flash. There is very little information about him in the movie and everything else that fans claim to "know" is simply headcanon. And we can't really have a definite answer for what a marriage between the two of them would look like... it wouldn't be that much different from trying to figure out what a marriage with an OC would look like with Twilight.

Edited by RockinRarity