Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever met someone online and became close to them?

Jackie

• One of my good friends Jeremy was on this hotline where you chat with random people and he met a girl named Sabrina there and they exchanged skypes and facebooks. Then he skyped with me and he added her to the call and we talked and now we are really good friends have been for a few years. 

• This guy Kevin added me on Facebook randomly because of some issue his friend had with me and he looked at my profile and called me about it because I had my number public (not such a smart thing to do), and then after that he would call me a lot. We met in person, got pretty close and almost dated. 

I could keep going for a while, lol. I think its ironic how I've been taught not to talk to strangers online but some of the people that mean the most to me used to be just strangers online.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't become "meet in real life" close yet, but meh.

And that "don't talk to strangers" rule is just stupid. How did any of your friends become your friends if you didn't talk to them?

It's just a stupid rule, and you can meet some awesome (and not so awesome) people online or anywhere else. 

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 10

I have never met anyone in real life that I met online, but I am close to some people I have met. Mandalore Dash is a good example. I consider him close to me as a wonderful and great friend. I met him months ago and didn't really know him that well. It wasn't until recently that I started talking with him and actually got to know him. :)

That's just one example. I can't say I have ever got close to someone online in dating terms. I'm just not interesting and attractive enough for that.

Edited by SmartyPants

Everyone here on the forums.

Most I've met have unique personalities towards them, and I'm glad to meet such a diverse crowd of friends here.

Silver, I think you and I are close. We both call ourselves BBBFF's and LSBFF's, we help out each other when we need comfort, and we both have the same personalities, we both enjoy the same things, and you were my first friend here on MLP Forums! *hugs*

• Brohoof 1

Silver, I think you and I are close. We both call ourselves BBBFF's and LSBFF's, we help out each other when we need comfort, and we both have the same personalities, we both enjoy the same things, and you were my first friend here on MLP Forums! *hugs*

Glad to hear such big words from my LSBFF.

That is touching, and thanks for the retake on what I said, truly you are something to me.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I become quite close with some of the people I talk to online but it never gets to the point of meeting up in real life. It's kinda hard to coordinate that kinda stuff.

• Brohoof 2

Yes! I mean I've never become so close to meet IRL, but I have had friends online many before.

I have a group of friends I talk to a lot on Skype and play games(mostly league of legends) with, we played this old game called battlefield heroes, before it became kinda broken and a lot of people left and we got bored, we use to be quite good but anyways, I've known them for about 3 or so years now, we're not that close as some online friends, but they're cool and stuff.

I also had one friend who I met online and never met IRL( he lived in Canada and I live in America.) he helped me through a depressive time and listened to all my problems concerns and rambling and stuff, plus we had fun, I told him all kinda of stuff, we where great friends! Closer then any friend I've ever had.

Of course he stopped logging on to Skype, so I havent seen him in forever. :/ he was a awesome friend though.

I have a good selection of friends now, just we where really close.

I also grow very attached after I trust someone.

But yes I've had close friends online before, I see nothing wrong with it :P.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, back in the old pokemon netbattle days, I got to know these two fellows really well. We hung out in the same server that they owned for more than a year. We eventually met again in an irc room after I found it on their web page. After a while, I stopped frequenting there due to the need to study and to move on with my life.

Sometimes I wonder how those two are these days. I genuinely hope they're doing well. They could be immature at times, but they were really good friends.

EDIT: They are indeed doing very well. I've found them again on their irc room and I'm going to start being a regular again. I can just idle while I'm doing my work. Funny... I've known these fellows for around 5-6 years now. How time flies.

Edited by Celtore

Quite a few people actually, some of my best friends I actually met online. I find people are more open online and will generally talk more then they would in person. The staff here are close to me simply due to the fact that I've talked with alot of them wuite alot, and talked via skype calls and so on.

• Brohoof 1

Met a load of people :) Mainly in online games like Dota2 and WoW which force maybe a more personal connection then on this forum (Though I kinda see you all as my buddies :) )!

I even have people on fb from Dota2 :x

• Brohoof 1

I've met a few people online and become close to them. I used to talk to lots people on myyearbook all the time, back in the day. I never got terribly close to any more than 1 or 2 people though. I have met a few people though on various websites and through xbox live that I have become more close to. I don't really talk to any of them anymore, but I had good times with them. I've skyped some people from this website but most of the conversations were one time things, and the relationship never really advanced after that.

I remember I used to be a lot closer to internet friends than I am nowadays. A good example of this is that I don't really feel close to anybody on this forum. I just come here, post a few things, and log off. I used to go on the Naruto (viz) forums all the time, and I talked to a lot of people through pm. I went a good year without a good forum to go on, and I suppose this one satisfies my need for one, so that's good. I always like to have a forum to go on, as I find they're one of the easier ways to meet people.

Several people, actually. :)

Two people I came close to I didn't find online but instead they replied to my letter that was published (with address in full) in a Transformers comic back in the '90s. So for a long time I had some great old-fashioned snail mail pen pals, heh. I had a few more casual pen pals resulting from that too.

Online I've had a few more close friends and relationships, almost all of whom I went on to meet in real life, including my last girlfriend.

A year or two ago I met a guy on Steam. He was a really great guy, smart, awesome, and quite funny.

He'd listen to whatever I had to say about my life, we even one day wanted to meet each other in-real life. However, one day I didn't feel the need to talk anymore and we became quite distant and soon stopped talking.

Sad :'( 

Ive made a good chunk of friends id consider im close to over the internet. Hell, ive also my boyfriend that i met online and is currently in a relationship with.

So yes, ive met lots 'o people im close to.

I met people on NC Bronies and then I went to a meetup... so I did end up meeting people online who I then met in real life. Most of the friends I have on the internet played on the minecraft server that I played on (it shut down :( ) or here on the forums.

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

Yes I have. :)

She's actually become one of the closest friends I've ever met. I met her on this forum site two months ago, and we've chat and exchanged probably over hundreds of messages to this day. The things we would talk about...are things I'd never thought I'd ever speak of to anybody before.

She's grown to become my most trustworthy friend on here and I could even compare her to some of the greatest friends I have IRL.

It's Pink Mist  ;) 

• Brohoof 1

lots of people. that of including my boyfriend. some people i meet on the internet, we happen to visit in real life. i don't know if it's the city i live in but, lol. weirdos! (except my bf)

• Brohoof 1

There are two people in particular who I only know through the internet but am nonetheless very close to. Well, one especially, but she'd probably prefer I not get into that. Anyway, I've definitely had close relationships over the internet.

• Brohoof 1