Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever met someone online and became close to them?

Jackie

Well this thread got gloomy fast!

There is always a risk that you will meet someone, especially online, that takes advantage of you. That is not really what this topic is about. I still say you should always be prepared, and still give people a chance. It is not the end of the world unless you make it to be.

I have only met nice people here. I was expecting one or two baddies, but the mods and admins keep a really good eye out for troublemakers and I do keep seeing bans here and there without having to involve myself.

• Brohoof 1

I've already answered this question, but it bears repeating, so.

Yes, I met a great friend once here on the forums. She was lovely for about the first two years that I knew her, but she didn't like my career choices so she began distancing herself from me. Without telling me. It culminated in a big fight where I basically told her that she was being a horrible friend, and she accused me of being manipulative and creepy and other weird nonsense. We aren't on speaking terms anymore.

But aside from that, I've still got a couple good friends that I've met online. I can say their names, right? Summer Breeze and someone I'll only refer to as Fane. I feel better around them than I do around anyone in real life, so I'm glad to have them as friends.

• 2 months later...

Yep. I met a Canadian girl on Roblox back in 2016 that was roughly my age. We instantly became friends outside of the platform and we've gotten so close that I've sent her things like hoodies. I told her that eventually I'd go to Calgary to visit her in person, and if things go right that'll probably be next year.

Yes!

I met a lot of cool people here, and got to meet them in person at Bronycon 2019. I think getting to meet somebody in person is important, and I was able to do that. I've grown closer to many of them.

Just like real life, there are people who you end up not having a healthy relationship with, but that's just part of life. Nobody is perfect, and many people are just living for themselves. But thankfully, there are those that are genuinely friendly and care about others. I can say I have met a fair amount of them online, and I am glad to have done so.

I met a girl, 3 years ago in deviantart (won't tell who she is for obvious reasons) she only did recolorings at first, her main oc was only a recoloring of Twilight in EG, but she had a neat talent to do it, very pick on every little detail of her recoloring, I started giving feedback to her work and how I liked it. One day she asked me for a RP with her recolored Twilight and my main oc, it was an RP that lasted 2 years and a half during that time we really grew closer, more private messages, video calls and more...but like all the rps that are like this, It became boring for her but she could not bring herself to tell me she gotten tired. And well, long story short, things got awkward and I did something stupid and now we have each other blocked in all communication media. So yeah, I was close with her and then things went to shit.

12 hours ago, Cyandashie said:

Yep. I met a Canadian girl on Roblox back in 2016 that was roughly my age. We instantly became friends outside of the platform and we've gotten so close that I've sent her things like hoodies. I told her that eventually I'd go to Calgary to visit her in person, and if things go right that'll probably be next year.

Aww that’s sweet 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

Would y'all agree?

I think we are pretty close, yes!

I met someone and became close etc, and it is @Emerald Heart ! (since I agreed the above term, that is the natural conclusion) :P

• Brohoof 2

I've already answered this once, but I guess my answer warrants a slight update.

Yes, I met my boyfriend online actually, and you know what it's been quite great the past 8 months. :) He's already sort of in the process of making plans so we can just live together. :wub: That day where I could just stay with him could not come any sooner... Also, I've met a good few friends on here, like @Renegade the Unicorn.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

Totally!

@Splashee, @TheRockARooster,  @Renegade the Unicorn, @DivineHeart1000, @Sparklefan1234 would be mine.

Would y'all agree?

15 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Eeyup. I'd say I'm pretty close to a few peeps ( @Lucky Bolt, @Treeglow Flicker, @Bakugou Is My Man ❤, @Emerald Heart, and @TheRockARooster to name a few) I've met online, both here and on other sites.

You both are some of my closest and most important friends here.

Thank you for everything. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I’ve met a bunch of people on this forum. Just so many. I even went to Disneyworld with one. :o

I also met my husband on an online dating site. You might say I’m fond of him. I had to wade through a lot of...unsavory individuals to find him though.

• Brohoof 1

Mmhmm; there's a few people who fit that bill with me. I've met @FancyHorse, @Princess of Hell, @Jetset Troblems, @Dark Horse, @Snow, @~C. Discord~, and quite a few others whom I consider close friends. Let's just say I hope we stay like that~

• Brohoof 2

52 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I think we are pretty close, yes!

I met someone and became close etc, and it is @Emerald Heart ! (since I agreed the above term, that is the natural conclusion) :P

51 minutes ago, DivineHeart1000 said:

@Emerald Heart You're an awesome friend to have! You're one of my best friends on here and I think you're always so awesome and friendly!

*big hugs for you

48 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

You both are some of my closest and most important friends here.

Thank you for everything. ^^

Yay!

I love you guys <3