Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you deal with the blues?

Jack Spades

I guess just doing fun things in general, although sometimes having the blues prevents me from wanting to do fun stuff. So sometimes I just literally don't do anything

I totally agree, sometimes you just won't do anything and you just want to listen to music which you feel magnifies your feelings ><!

I'm not sure if this is healthy/helpful though :x. Sometimes I just sleep. :)  

• Brohoof 1

It depends on how I'm feeling.

I usually talk to my girlfriend, listen to music, hurt myself in whatever way, look at some tv series or play videogames.

"I can beat these blues!"

"You can't beat these blues!"

"nnnnggggAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0RtPuuOFdjo

If i feel down I just watch this, it just makes me smile for some reason. :P

This was pretty funny, especially Angel. Now I keep thinking if Angel could talk he'd sound like a rapper. Lol

Anyway, what I do when I'm sad... It always helps to do something you enjoy. Find something you really enjoy, for me when I have the blues depending on how bad I have it here are things that I do.

1. Talk about with friends( if they are the right ones they can most of the time pull you out of your funk and help you feel a hell of a lot better)

2. Write stories

3. Role play with friends

4. Watch a funny movie

5. Go out to see a movie

6. Go to the mall

7. Go to a sporting event of your favorite team.

8. Go out and treat yourself to one of your favorite desserts

9. Sing pony songs as loud as you can

10. Think about ponies

11. Watch ponies

12. Hang with friends

13. Watch a cartoon you like

14. Watch Big Bang theory

As you can tell, if I got the blues anymore I'd be a fricken smurf. XD

Music. Pony related music is amazing for everything ever. Watching the show and the fan stuff is also amazing for dealing with negative emotions. If anything, just concentrate on the happier stuff around you.

A good chunk of the time ponies can cheer me up, or listening to music. Usually something upbeat played on the bagpipes or some good ol' fashioned Neo-Celtic. I don't get the blues all that often, but even if it's just a bad day, this never fails to cheers me up,

Edited by Frith is Magik

I love to listen to my favourite tunes when I'm feeling down music seems to always put me in a good mood after a bad day I also love to go for a walk, meditate and play my piano too :)

Videogames, it helps to keep my mind off of, well, everything. It helps me to cope when I feel absolutely awful. It's temporary, because I can't spend every second of my life gaming, but it does help.

The short answer, sing, in not a great singer at all but i will sing anything out loud. Secondly surround myself with the people i like, friends, family ect and i love to make people laugh it gives me a good feeling inside

I paint it all green.

I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

I watch TV, play games, listen to music, sing, cry, consume sugar or caffeine, and sometimes I take a knife to my arm because that's the fastest way to get a big load of endorphins into the blood and it feels amazing. And sometimes, just sometimes, I listen to singing dancing robots!

Also this.

And this.

Edited by Koelath

I have been having these feelings a lot for the past few months and I have a few main strategies.

I either listen to music, sing or hum random things, rock back and forth the beat of stuff or make my own beat (I do this most of the time anyways), play a specific game, listen to a white noise generator, watch videos with a snack, watch a video of a snow storm, or just look forward to something simple. That or I go walking.

Sadly, some of these things seem to have little effect as my anxiety and stuff has been getting bit worse. I would list watching ponies, but I am on a hiatus from the show episodes itself until season 4 starts.

• 6 years later...

I don’t. I accept it.

“A game which lif is pplayin'
Blues can be the livin' dues
We're all a-payin”