Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is anyone else excited for GTA V?

Electric Velocity

I guess this is my first real post on here. I'm just getting used to this site and I wanted to know who's gonna be playing GTA V on Xbox 360 when it comes out. It looks so great and the online mode will be insane. I'm especially excited for all the customization and I'm hoping that in some way it can be pony-related. I'm sure there will be tons of bronies playing it. My gamertag is Knight7000, but my friend's list is pretty full at the moment. When it comes out though, I'll have it ready for new friends. So what are you guys gonna do first when you get it and online comes out? I was thinking about making a crew. If you think that's a good idea and want to join, I need to come up with a name for it. Anyway, I look forward to playing online with some bronies and having so much fun with all that it offers. 

I have it pre-ordered for Xbox, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. It looks pretty awesome, if you ask me. I was planning on playing online with some Xbox friends. I could join the crew if you don't mind.

Gamertag is:

Shadowfan91

I've pre-ordered the collectors edition since I've been a fan since GTA 3 and played them all :D And yeah, I could join a crew if you go through with it since I basically don't play with anyone. Talk to myself too much, gives me an earache

Gamertag: DJ Doctor Derpy

Definitely excited for it :3 In fact, I'm excited for a whole lot of games coming out for next gen consoles! If I only had more money though... ;_;

Honestly though, GTA V is going to be freakin' huge. I'm going to have so much fun online and free roaming around, especially with friends. I'm most likely going to get it on PS3, or probably PS4 if I get one ;P

I will have to wait until Christmas or something to get it (if I have high enough grades to show my mom), but this is one of the only games I am patiently waiting for because San Andreas was my very favourite GTA game. The Grove, CJ, everything about it was cool. Yes, even Tenpenny and those punk-ass Ballas are cool in a way. I get to represent the Grove again in this game - count me in.

I've literally seen nothing of this game. I haven't played IV and could care less about anything on the PS2 and before but I like Red Dead Redemption enough to give both IV and V a shot knowing the series changed with IV.

Edited by Discordian

Even if you haven't played a GTA game like me, you should definitely think about getting it. It will be one of the best, if not the best, games of the year.

That's hard for me to believe. I don't typically like open-world games, let alone ones in such a boring setting. Games like DmC and The Last Of Us are much more my style (though I suppose TLOU could qualify as a boring setting if one didn't know of the AMAZING characterization held within. :lol: )

Freedom is extremely overrated when there's nothing of interest to do or characters I will never like. I can't say for sure if I will or won't like the characters but it has been my experience that there are FAR better stories out there than GTA with far more style. RDR gets a pass from me because I love wild west settings and they got that pretty spot on. Gangster/mob settings don't particularly interest me but I'm always willing to be surprised.

First of all, there will be MORE THAN PLENTY of interesting things to do. Along with various recreational activities, there will be racing, exploring, shooting, and all sorts of customization on your characters, cars, and even home. I don't mean to offend, but GTA V is about you deciding how the game will be interesting to you. It gives players the option to follow a well written story or free roam the city in HD with so much to do, you won't even know where to start. I'm sure lots of people will agree with me that everyone can find something they will like about GTA V. As far as "style" which you keep referring to, it has plenty of it. It's a fictionalized parody of real life, so you can expect a lot of jokes and humorous things throughout the game. I wouldn't judge it too harshly since it hasn't even been released yet.

Oh I'm not judging it at all as a game. Your question was who is interested and I'm explaining my reasons why I'm not. My previous experience with any GTA game has been exactly as you described: Given the option between recreational activities like working out with CJ or moving along the storyline. They couldn't interest me if they tried and the shooting was total shit in every single one of the PS2 GTA games. At least in GTAIV and probably V the shooting mechanics are more manual.

And things like customization of cars are utterly superfluous and I feel no need to ever do things like that more than once or twice the entire game if I even play it for longer than an hour.

And as for "style" well....I've run into very few western games that have any sort of over-the-top design that Japanese games do. I might be slightly biased because I very much enjoy the crazy concepts that Japanese games have but I have little interest in whatever style GTAV might have.

It could be the greatest game of all time but that's not enough to make me interested in it. There are far too many games out there to play for me to make a big fuss over a game in a series I have found boring in every iteration I have played.

I'm actually the type who can play literally any game in existence if I'm in the mood for it but I have my priorities and GTAV is probably the lowest of the low on my list of games. Too many RPGs, strategy games, quirky platformers and over the top hack'n'slash games I've yet to play across the generations. Believe it or not I'm still working on getting games from the PS1 era.

I should also make it very clear so as to avoid a needless confrontation: I am a very opinionated individual but I am not in any way attempting to challenge your opinion or interest in games like GTAV. I am very decided on what I like and don't like and what kinds of games I will play first. You are no doubt the exact same way so just wanna make sure you know I'm not attacking you when I respond. I enjoy a good debate and great conversation besides even if I'm at odds with someone. :lol:

I have seen some gameplay videos and such and it looks good just not the type of game for me. Rockstar Games and I don't jive too well with each other. I've played GTA III, San Andreas, L.A Noire, Manhunt and Max Payne 3 (all made by Rockstar) and to tell you the truth I really dislike the games they put out. L.A Noire was great in the beginning but then I got bored and Max Payne 3 (the only Rockstar game I liked) was fantastic but the GTA series, nah not for me.

I also enjoy big discussions and debates, but that wasn't really the point of this thread. I was simply asking who was excited for the game and what they were going to do in multiplayer.

Ah but how would anyone get any conversation out of a thread if there wasn't someone on the opposing side or something that made the entire topic derail? Keeping things strictly on-topic and expecting only those who agree to jump in is limiting the potential conversation. Talking about GTAV can get more GTA games talked about. Talking about Rockstar can change the topic to more Rockstar stuff. Talking about open-world games can lead to talk of more open-world games.

If you didn't notice you got more conversation out of me than you did anyone else in the topic so far. I think that's a testament to the fact that if we stayed strictly on topic how easily the topic would die and it wouldn't really stop anyone from posting on-topic either. It doesn't harm the topic and probably helps it too. :lol:

Loosen up, brah. It's just a forum. :P

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

I'm totally excited for GTA V since my friends are getting it. I'll just be having fun flying helicopters or shooting people, and that's about it. Time is ticking.

GTA V looks to be the best GTA to date, in my opinion. The amount of space it has to offer will for sure keep players busy for many many hours.

I'm sorry but nothing beats the old ones like San Andreas. Games nowadays are focused on taking your money through DLC. I miss the days when unlocking something in a game meant you actually had spend time playing the game.

I haven't played GTAIV. If I said something that implied that then I apologize. I've only played the PS2 GTA games and RDR.

But it's not an argument. It's merely a conversation. :lol: