Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

72 types of potential terrorists. How many are you?

ReverseFaller

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I thought it was interesting enough to post. I also thought maybe we could make a little game out of it. Let's see how many forms of a potential terrorist you are!

Here is the list of 72 things I found from this website: http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130828006-potential-types.html

1. Those that talk about “individual liberties”
2. Those that advocate for states’ rights
3. Those that want “to make the world a better place”
4. “The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule”
5. Those that are interested in “defeating the Communists”
6. Those that believe “that the interests of one’s own nation are separate from the interests of other nations or the common interest of all nations”
7. Anyone that holds a “political ideology that considers the state to be unnecessary, harmful,or undesirable”

8. Anyone that possesses an “intolerance toward other religions”
9. Those that “take action to fight against the exploitation of the environment and/or animals”
10. “Anti-Gay”
11. “Anti-Immigrant”
12. “Anti-Muslim”
13. “The Patriot Movement”
14. “Opposition to equal rights for gays and lesbians”
15. Members of the Family Research Council
16. Members of the American Family Association
17. Those that believe that Mexico, Canada and the United States “are secretly planning to merge into a European Union-like entity that will be known as the ‘North American Union’”
18. Members of the American Border Patrol/American Patrol
19. Members of the Federation for American Immigration Reform
20. Members of the Tennessee Freedom Coalition
21. Members of the Christian Action Network
22. Anyone that is “opposed to the New World Order”
23. Anyone that is engaged in “conspiracy theorizing”
24. Anyone that is opposed to Agenda 21
25. Anyone that is concerned about FEMA camps
26. Anyone that “fears impending gun control or weapons confiscations”
27. The militia movement
28. The sovereign citizen movement
29. Those that “don’t think they should have to pay taxes”
30. Anyone that “complains about bias”
31. Anyone that “believes in government conspiracies to the point of paranoia”
32. Anyone that “is frustrated with mainstream ideologies”
33. Anyone that “visits extremist websites/blogs” 
34. Anyone that “establishes website/blog to display extremist views”
35. Anyone that “attends rallies for extremist causes”
36. Anyone that “exhibits extreme religious intolerance”
37. Anyone that “is personally connected with a grievance”
38. Anyone that “suddenly acquires weapons”
39. Anyone that “organizes protests inspired by extremist ideology”
40. “Militia or unorganized militia”
41. “General right-wing extremist”
42. Citizens that have “bumper stickers” that are patriotic or anti-U.N.
43. Those that refer to an “Army of God”
44. Those that are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”
45. Those that are “anti-global”
46. Those that are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”
47. Those that are “reverent of individual liberty”
48. Those that “believe in conspiracy theories”
49. Those that have “a belief that one’s personal and/or national ‘way of life’ is under attack”
50. Those that possess “a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism”
51. Those that would “impose strict religious tenets or laws on society (fundamentalists)”
52. Those that would “insert religion into the political sphere”
53. Anyone that would “seek to politicize religion”
54. Those that have “supported political movements for autonomy”
55. Anyone that is “anti-abortion”
56. Anyone that is “anti-Catholic”
57. Anyone that is “anti-nuclear”
58. “Rightwing extremists”
59. “Returning veterans”
60. Those concerned about “illegal immigration”
61. Those that “believe in the right to bear arms”
62. Anyone that is engaged in “ammunition stockpiling”
63. Anyone that exhibits “fear of Communist regimes”
64. “Anti-abortion activists”
65. Those that are against illegal immigration
66. Those that talk about “the New World Order” in a “derogatory” manner
67. Those that have a negative view of the United Nations
68. Those that are opposed “to the collection of federal income taxes”
69. Those that supported former presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr
70. Those that display the Gadsden Flag (“Don’t Tread On Me”)
71. Those that believe in “end times” prophecies
72. Evangelical Christians

I'm only a few of them. What about you?
Edited by BioticDemon

I'm none of those, all though I find this whole New World Order idealogy to be a load of crap, because it's made up by Christians fearing their "freedoms" being taken away.

• Brohoof 1

Kinda hard to come up with a score for me. Lots of vague and nonsensical descriptors in that list. Doesn't surprise me, considering the kind of person that wrote it.

• Brohoof 1

Kinda hard to come up with a score for me. Lots of vague and nonsensical descriptors in that list. Doesn't surprise me, considering the kind of person that wrote it.

That's what I was thinking too. There's also way too much "New world order" or conspiracy stuff on the list to make it seem valid. It seems like it was written by a conspiracy theorist. Meh, I still thought I'd post it just for the heck of it.

I'd have to say that I'm not exactly a terrorist since the world might not be perfect but, we all have our flaws especially terrorists who have weapons of mass destruction.

What the flying cuss?

By fact of me having a religious affiliation means I am a potential terrorist?

I thought the main distinction of terrorist motivations was that there were strong motivations to differentiate "This type of people" from "That type of people". Sort of like what that list is trying to do.

What makes a terrorist is then taking said distinctions and acting towards forcibly separating these groups, or causing strife and conflict wherefore.

Then why are Evangelical Christians #72?

Or anything about bumper stickers for that matter?

That list is inflammatory and I have decided to regard it as ultimately meaningless.

Sorry, let me rephrase that:

Fundamentalist, America is a Christian country and Obama is a Muslim dat is gunna put Sharia Law in effect in dis country and my AR15 assualt rifle is bigger than my penis, type of Christian. Not Evangelical, just the fundamentalist kind you here making it in the news over some stupid shit they did. 

Because they're also the ones that haven't read the bible and think they're right about everything. 

Just wait 'till we get another Republican President.  Then, suddenly, all of the NSA spying and War On Terra stuff will be wonderful again, and the "Reagan Coalition" will be saying, "If you've got nothing to hide, what are you afraid of?  Support Our Troops!  USA!  USA!"

Edit: Oh, and the liberals will go back to opposing this shit.

"What do you call yourself in a country where the liberals don't liberate, and the conservatives don't conserve?"

--John Michael Greer

Edited by Roko's Basilisk

Numbers 3 and 32 fit me pretty well. I definitely want to make the world a better place for everyone, and I don't like how apathetic, misguided or downright cruel most mainstream ideologies are.

Edited by Princess Azula

I fit about 17 different types of terrorist >.> Not gonna lie, I have pretty negative view of the government, its corrupt to the core and must be fixed. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

Edited by crazitaco

37. Anyone that “is personally connected with a grievance”

47. Those that are “reverent of individual liberty”

61. Those that “believe in the right to bear arms”

66. Those that talk about “the New World Order” in a “derogatory” manner

67. Those that have a negative view of the United Nations

68. Those that are opposed “to the collection of federal income taxes”

Wow. I got eight of it, but I have no weapon or homemade explosives around here... I guess I took a wrong turn somewhere in my life aOYBVK8.png

Must acquire potassium.
  • Brohoof 1

Well this list is absurd. Terrorism isn't about what you believe, it's about how you go about trying to spread your beliefs. You basically are attacking (though potentially unintentionally) anyone who isn't a super liberal here. Yes, there are extremists on the right, but there are also extremists on the left. Also, yes, some extreme Fundamentalist Christians have been terrorists, but so have some Muslims (obviously). Also, a terrorist would probably want a nuke, not be opposed to them. Basically, this:

Zero because I don't instill fear in who I consider "enemies" which is what terrorism actually is. I know this is the internet but that list is pretty drop dead stupid.

I can't shut up about them

2. Those that advocate for states’ rights

As a minarchist libertarian I think many of the functions of the federal government are best left up to state and local government or the people as per the 9th and 10th amendments.

3. Those that want “to make the world a better place”

Change starts with ordinary people willing to take a stand and I am willing to take a stand.

5. Those that are interested in “defeating the Communists”

That depends on who the "Communists" are, I am against all totalitarian idealogies but words like "Communist" are often used as an offhand way of saying "you don't tow the line so we are going to slander you."

6. Those that believe “that the interests of one’s own nation are separate from the interests of other nations or the common interest of all nations”

I just don't believe America or any other country has the right to be the policemen of the world.

7. Anyone that holds a “political ideology that considers the state to be unnecessary, harmful,or undesirable”

The state is a necessary evil that is supposed to keep basic law and order but has become a function of corruption and tyranny. The government needs to be shrunk down dramatically and there are quite a few powerful people that need to go to prison.

8. Anyone that possesses an “intolerance toward other religions”
I don't care what someones religion is so long as they don't use the hand of government to impose it on me.

9. Those that “take action to fight against the exploitation of the environment and/or animals”
Call me crazy but I don't think having genetically engineered franken foods or putting sodium flouride in the water which has been linked to brain damage are good ideas.

10. “Anti-Gay”
I once accused of being "dismissive" toward gays in one thread because I simple stated that I don't think the government should be involved in marriage at all period. I don't understand how this could be viewed as being dismissive toward gays, but you can't please everyone.

11. “Anti-Immigrant”
I am against illegal immigration because it is an exploitative practice which preys upon the desperation of millions of people who simply want to provide for themselves and their families and is unfair to legal immigrants.

13. “The Patriot Movement”
There are some aspects of it I am not in full agreement with but it is hardly a monolithic movement and that is a good thing.

17. Those that believe that Mexico, Canada and the United States “are secretly planning to merge into a European Union-like entity that will be known as the ‘North American Union’”
We already have a European Union and several politicians have openly stated they want a "new world order" so this isn't as far fetched as some people think.

22. Anyone that is “opposed to the New World Order”
23. Anyone that is engaged in “conspiracy theorizing”
24. Anyone that is opposed to Agenda 21
25. Anyone that is concerned about FEMA camps
I seriously wish this wasn't true, but the good news is it is still not too late to stop alot of this garbage.

26. Anyone that “fears impending gun control or weapons confiscations”
27. The militia movement
History has shown us that one of the first things a tyrannical government does is disarm its citizens so they can't fight back.

29. Those that “don’t think they should have to pay taxes”
The taxation system is a complete and total scam, the IRS needs to go and all federal taxes need to go and be replaced by a consumption tax.

32. Anyone that “is frustrated with mainstream ideologies”
What idealogies? All I am seeing is an echo chamber with slightly different rhetoric on each side.

34. Anyone that “establishes website/blog to display extremist views”
35. Anyone that “attends rallies for extremist causes”
These days an "extremist" is anyone with half a brain who is willing to actually question anything at all.

41. “General right-wing extremist”
Whether I am a right or left wing extremist depends on who you talk to.

46. Those that are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”
Anyone that isn't should probably consider reading up on history.

49. Those that have “a belief that one’s personal and/or national ‘way of life’ is under attack”

When bills like the Patriot Act are law, the government spies on people without warrants or probable cause and the TSA is allowed to sexually assault and throw airline passangers in radiation bakers I don't see anyone could not feel that way.

50. Those that possess “a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism”
I think we should prepare for the worst but hope for and work toward the best.

55. Anyone that is “anti-abortion”

I believe in the consistent life ethic which means I am opposed not only to abortion and euthanasia but also the death penalty and all other forms of senseless violence on pro life/anti violence grounds.

69. Those that supported former presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr

I proudly supported Ron Paul in the 2012 Republic primary and supported Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson in the general election.

70. Those that display the Gadsden Flag (“Don’t Tread On Me”)
I have a Don't Tread On Me shirt.
  • Brohoof 2

Well I'm not any kind of terrorist, and likely when you look at the facts probably most of you aren't either despite what this list may suggest. I'm guessing you're not being serious though.

But according to your list I'm terrorist #1, I believe in individual liberties, and if you knew what that meant you'd probably believe in that as well, I don't see how this is any way makes anyone a terrorist.

Edited by Guest

*shrugs*

It's just a bunch of metrics.  The presentation is a little sloppy, but the underlying idea is pretty simple: not everybody who fits some of those descriptions is a terrorist, but damn near every single (domestic) terrorist fits a large number of those descriptions.

That list is fake, inflammatory, and it's ultimately meaningless if the list comes from a non-government group. Regarding to terrorism here in the US, I'd only take it really seriously if it came from the DOD , the people usually/mainly responsible for dealing with terrorists here.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Oh dear I guess I need to be Locked up at Gitmo or taken to a Blacksite and be shot and killed because were all terrorists.

Lets see oh yes i Believe in number

1. Who hates freedom? 

2. Yes things are better when you know who is controlling your taxes anbd you have oversight versus some bureaucrat.

3. Don't We all want to make the world a Better place?

5. Has anyone seen the failures of the former soviet union. Also I like the idea of private property a mans home is a mans castle.

6. Japans interest are different from Americas interests. Were all from different nations.

7. I think the state's power should be limited. I mean they should not decide what tv i can or cannot watch or what i can say or cannot say.

13. Yeah I am slightly patriotic I;m not saying create your own militia but people should retain love for their nation.

23. Yeah I do have my theory's when it comes to things. I don't believe in most of them but there are some truths to them.

24. Agenda 21 has some backing and essentially wants to destroy the entire notion of property rights and personal freedoms.

26. I think a lot of gun control has unintended consequences to their actions.

30. people are always Biased there seems to be more left wing then right wing bias out there. I prefer the bias but tink more people should act unbiased towards each other.

32. I am tired of the idea that government needs to act when people themselves act best individually.

41. Well I guess I am a right winger nutjob because i support individual liberties.

46. I am sorry But I Distrust for the I.R.S. 

50. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for a catastrophe. I mean Have you seen Huricane Katrina

58. Yes I'm a evil right winger who hates all minorities and children apparently  ((I'm being sarcastic here.))

61. Yes I believe in the right to self defense. Bearing arms is a great way to ensure self defense folks.

63.  Has anyone seen the eastern bloc nations after they fell apart?

67. Yes Some people see people trying to save the world I see a bunch of cowardly crooks wasting the worlds money on hookers and everything expensive.

69. I support Rand Paul or Ted Cruz if they run for president am i a potential Taliban fighter?

70. What is wrong with don't tread on me it shows how independent i am from others.