Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats your opinion on "Smile Smile Smile"

Groo

185 users have voted

1. 1. How did you like smile smile smile?

• I love it! Its my new favorite mlp song.
    • It might be my second favorite
    • I kinda liked it
    • It annoyed me
    • KILL IT WITH FIRE

"It’s true, some days are dark and lonely,

And maybe you feel sad

But Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn’t that bad!

There is one thing that makes me happy

And makes my whole life worthwhile,

And that’s when I talk to my friends and get them to smile!"

That part made me cry. I wish pinkie was real. Really going through though times when that song came out [leaked]

:o Me too!

It's interesting how this song pretty much sent Pinkie's stock among bronies skyrocketing. She's always been pretty well-received, but now she has become almost beloved thanks to this song. And she deserves it. Every time I hear this song, I wish I could give Pinkie a hug.

That kind of makes me sound dillusional.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

I think it is one of the best songs I have ever heard. The lyrics are wonderful. Not sure what can be better than a song about the purpose of one's life is to intentionally brighten as many other's lives as possible in any way she can - and no better reward for all that hard work than a smile.

"There's one thing that makes me happy and makes my whole life worthwhile, and that's when I talk to my friends and get them to smile" <3

The 'kill it with fire' option made me lol XD

Come On And Smile

It's not my absolute favorite of the whole series, but it's definitely close to the top of the list.

I do think it's Pinkie's best song so far, and considering how many songs she's sung, that's saying a lot. Of course, most of them are silly little ditties, but still, this one's the best.

The orchestrated sequence at the end is just plain awesome. I really like how the music and animation fit together when they show the mane cast prancing in time with the music while carrying Pinkie.

Posted Image

There's something about the way everything comes together at that moment: the soft, classical majesty of the strings, the slow, gentle movement of the procession, and the heartwarming symbolism of Pinkie quietly being carried by her friends as everyone else sings. A splendid moment in a splendid song.

When the mixed chorus at at the end sings "come on everypony...", however, something about that makes me laugh, not just smile.

It seems a bit silly, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. :)

Edited by ponyvangelist

I can't stop listening to it. ^^ I think this trumps Becoming Populr and Art of the Dress...Sorry Rarity. I love Pinkie too she's really cute and funny. But after this episode...I think she's bumped Fluttershy down to 3rd...Ah screw it. I can't choose a best pony I love them all!

• Brohoof 1

I don't know what I find so appealing about this song, but I can't really say it is my favorite... because all of the songs are my favorite!

But... this song sounds "different" from the rest of the songs that Hasbro made... I just can't put my hoof on it...

Come on, everypony, smile, smile, smile.

Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine.

All I really need is a smile, smile, smile,

From these happy friends of mine!

Whats there not to like? :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Come on, everypony, smile, smile, smile. Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine. All I really need is a smile, smile, smile, From these happy friends of mine! Whats there not to like? :lol:

This part made me break out into dance- I've never done that for a song on a TV show before, SO glorious! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really think much of it when I first watched the episode. But the second time I actually listened to it. I absolutely love how upbeat and happy the song is. It's thus far flawlessly shunted me into a significantly better mood. But of course, when it comes to Pinkie Pie, I'm always in a significantly better mood :D