Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Downloads higher than Play's and Views?

Miss Light Diamond

Dunno if this has been addressed yet buuut. I recently uploaded a new song...it has 127 downloads...37 views...and 50 plays O.o
I just thought I would bring this to attention, sorry if it's already been/being looked at.

Dunno if this has been addressed yet buuut. I recently uploaded a new song...it has 127 downloads...37 views...and 50 plays O.o

I just thought I would bring this to attention, sorry if it's already been/being looked at.

Hmm, that's curious...we used to have an issue where "downloads" meant "plays", but it was soon corrected. The view counts, however, weren't fixed, as it was going to be left until the full public version of Pony.fm was released.

But back to the current issue: how recent was this upload? If it was a fairly new upload, then that shouldn't be a problem; I'm curious to find out what would cause this. (A spam bot is the first thing that comes to mind, but that seems unlikely.)

Oi, Feld0, is it possible to check the records and see where the downloads originated from?

Hmm, that's curious...we used to have an issue where "downloads" meant "plays", but it was soon corrected. The view counts, however, weren't fixed, as it was going to be left until the full public version of Pony.fm was released.

But back to the current issue: how recent was this upload? If it was a fairly new upload, then that shouldn't be a problem; I'm curious to find out what would cause this. (A spam bot is the first thing that comes to mind, but that seems unlikely.)

Oi, Feld0, is it possible to check the records and see where the downloads originated from?

I uploaded the song four days ago

https://pony.fm/tracks/1303-descend

I've checked a few other recently added songs and see the same thing  :huh:

I've had a situation (which Feld0 investigated) where one computer downloaded a song 400 times. I'm not sure what caused him or her to do so, but I can assure you many of the downloads are duplicates.

Also, if you have a following on another website such as YouTube, and link it to PonyFM for downloads, then your downloads will increase faster than your number of plays.

-the Phony Brony

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...