Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Egghead

One of my favourite things about Equestria Girls was that it was a cartoon. In a cartoon, just about anything can happen, and that's cool. Redoing it without that element in place spoils it for me. I won't be watching it when it comes out because it'll tarnish the idea of EqG.

Celestia damnit, I thought Hasbro were better than this! (Unless it isn't Hasbro)

Edited by Flipturn Brennenburg

This was basically my reaction. I...absolutly hate this, and if you know me I love everything about Equestria Girls. I love the songs, the movie, the characters, heck I even love the pop remix of Helping Twilight save the Crown. But this was awful.

First off, none of the girls are nothing like the characters they're protraying. I...just hate it. If you're going to do a crappy live action version of Equestria Girls please hire some actors who actually look like the characters.

*edit* The girl who play Twilight is pretty cute, so I give this video a 2/10 now.

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 1

Eh, whatever. I just saw it, and it's just a little music video. I don't like the idea, but I doubt that a music video will cause any problems whatsoever. We can simply choose to not watch it, when that wasn't the case with previous controversies that affected the canon.

To answer your bonus question: technicolor humans by far. I'd be really surprised to see anyone else answer differently.

Just watched it. My reaction?

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU---Not bad. Really, it wasn't. Cheesy? Maybe. Unnecessary rap portion? Perhaps. The girls not really looking anything like the EqG counterparts? Yeah. Despite this, it is just a simple commercial. The song is catchy for what it is and it is all fairly harmless. This is about what I would expect with something like this. Trust me, this had the potential to be horrid, but, it was not bad. Not great by any means whatsoever, but okay.

Hopefully the fandom is not exploding over this, as it has done that a lot since season 3 ended. It really is not worthy of that, because, as I said, it wasn't bad, in my opinion at least.

• Brohoof 2

This made me vomit all over my keyboard.

Wow, this makes the animated Equestria Girls look like an excellent movie, and the original mlp:fim look like the best tv show ever made.

To tell the truth, I have often pondered the idea of a live action EG. Now I know not to ponder it any more.

• Brohoof 1

This made me vomit all over my keyboard.

Wow, this makes the animated Equestria Girls look like an excellent movie, and the original mlp:fim look like the best tv show ever made.

To tell the truth, I have often pondered the idea of a live action EG. Now I know not to ponder it any more.

As I said, I've seen worse. Stuff that hits closer to home, even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLCOc3lo6E <- Live Action My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Heck, they could have pulled out the standard '25-30 year-olds playing teens' that TV is so well known for.

• Brohoof 1

As I said, I've seen worse. Stuff that hits closer to home, even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLCOc3lo6E <- Live Action My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Heck, they could have pulled out the standard '25-30 year-olds playing teens' that TV is so well known for.

Thanks a lot. I woke up this morning thinking to myself 'you know what would make this day amazing? If I was somehow forced into forced into a state of shock and disbelief due to some abhorring mlp footage from the dark side of the franchise! Even better: if that happened twice!'

But yeah I've seen that one before. Pretty weird stuff...

• Brohoof 1

This was basically my reaction. I...absolutly hate this, and if you know me I love everything about Equestria Girls. I love the songs, the movie, the characters, heck I even love the pop remix of Helping Twilight save the Crown. But this was awful.

First off, none of the girls are nothing like the characters they're protraying. I...just hate it. If you're going to do a crappy live action version of Equestria Girls please hire some actors who actually look like the characters.

*edit* The girl who play Twilight is pretty cute, so I give this video a 2/10 now.

Well I was gonna write why i don't like it but you just said everything I wanted to say! I totally agree with you and I hate the Idea of cartoons made into live action movies!

• Brohoof 1

So, I've watched it again.

It only worsened it in my opinion. I mean... what the hell. They made fuckin' Rarity an Indonesian (I have nothing against Indonesian's, but it just doesn't fit with her character and voice IMO), Twilight has got those ridiculous highlights and RD's got that even worse hairstyle and those rainbow socks... ಠ_ಠ I dissaprove of this.

• 3 months later...

XD It looked like something outta High School Musical. They're totally trying to ride the wave there.

I prefer the technicolor cartoon human. Whilst I don't mind the girls who were cast in the live action and thought their costumes were actually kind of good (especially Pinkie Pie. I really liked the way she looked. It fit her perfectly. Though I would've preferred if they were a little older, like around 19 or so), I don't like the overall way the video is being presented. The song is reminiscent of Disney's tween shows nowadays and just is too generic than the one in the actual movie. Then there was the smiles and the cheesy dancing of the girls, horrible direction. 

Basically, I think that only really people who cared about quality instead of attempting to pander to some tween girls (not Hasbro) could create a good live action film. So it's unlikely. Otherwise, I'd rather not.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, watching through all that brought back memories when I used to watch some of the High School Musical movies as a little kid. I'm really not sure how to respond to this...

First off, all these girls look a little too young for me to take them seriously. I mean the mane 6 ponies are presumed to be around the ages of 18 to early twenties, right? They just don't seem to have that 'mature' or 'real' vibe that I've always felt from the cartoon ponies. I just can't see these teenage girls playing their roles. They look more like a bunch of random cosplayers(and I've seen way better cosplayers IMO). I mean that girl who had the role of Pinkie Pie, I just can't see her as Pinkie Pie at all! I find it funny though that she is played by a blonde here.  :P

Hasbro should really just stick to keeping the ponies as animated. If Equestria Girls was made into a live-action movie, it would ruin everything. All the special effects would look horrid, and the acting would most likely be a complete failure. EQG was a decent movie itself. I mean I didn't love it. The story line was okay, though I did love the songs! But if this were to be made into live-action, I am almost positive it would receive a lot of negative reception. It just can't work! :P

Overall, live-action versions of cartoons are just disasters in my honest opinion. They never seem to come out good. The acting, the CGI, always seems to be a complete failure. Heck, I can't really recall any cartoons that were made into great live action movies. :(

A live action version would suck, except for one thing. If they get someone like ILM or the people who did the Hobbit to do Demon Sunset Shimmer, that would be so great, I'd pay the ticket price just to see it.

I doubt they would though, and would instead use the CGI barf used in most low budget crap

• 1 month later...

This is what the creators of that abomination should be thinking right about now

post-20729-0-67012000-1391072573.gif

post-20729-0-77666700-1391072784.gifMwahaha, you have been Rickrolled B)

:eww: Really, Hasbro?

Edited by Vixxen

My thoughts??

Where do i buy my front row ticket?!?

Only showing on Broadway, one night only...take all my money, just let me go!

I am so down for this idea!

Haters go hate, cause Scooters gonna Scoot!

I've been giving thought about what a live action humanized MLP would look like, and I imagined them late teens (like 18 or 19) because four years in high school, equestria girls took place during their senior year.

also i imagined them with better cosplay.

hair style would be more accurate.

yeah i didnt like that video.

• 6 years later...
On 8/30/2013 at 9:11 PM, Egghead said:

So recently Entertainment Weekly tossed up this little gem, which is basically Equestria Girls... if it was with real life girls. Watch the entire thing here and then cry tell me your opinion!

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/08/30/equestria-girls-music-video/

Equestria-Girls.jpg

Yikes.

So what are your thoughts on our new teen, blonde pony human friends? 

And as a bonus question which do you prefer; Technicolor humans or live action?

I vote pony all the way!

I love the song! The animation is cute. But the actors and dance was lame