Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What if Lauren Faust had the idea to remake Dora the Explorer?

Candy Blaze

W have all probably seen the annoying kids show, Dora the Explorer right? But what if Lauren Faust Decided to remake it? What do you think she'll change? What would Dora and her little monkey, Boots be like? Would there be a fandom about it? Regardless on copyright and stuff.

I think she'll be some sort of a similar character like Daring Do.

If Lauren decided to remake the show it would still be better than it was before, but still would be annoying. Dora and Boots would look different, and a fandom around the show could be possible. I wouldn't go too ahead to say that there would actually be a fandom.

We'd have adults and kids outside going adventures...domestic monkey sales we go through the roof. Back-Packs would start to talk and break through the already broken 4th wall.    Now what about sesame street?

• Brohoof 2

Oh goodness, if that ever did happen it would probably be better but it wouldn't make me instantly a fan or even want to become one. It's overly childish for my tastes and VERY patronizing as it is. (Had to sit around with my younger cousin watching it for a while) I was ready to throw the remote at the screen o-o; 

The characters would look a lot different though, I'd imagine that monkey to look quite similar to Spike (in the way he's drawn obviously) and Dora would probably get anime-ish looking eyes LOL.

Edited by Nightmarity
  • Brohoof 2

Please say no more! I can already imagine that god damn monkey with Spikes voice already. XD 

THIS IS NOT THE IMAGE I WANTED IMPLANTED IN MY BRAIN GODDAMMIT!

Edited by Nightmarity

~Wraps his goopy arms around Nightmarity~ I'm scared o_o' Would that mean Django (I forgot his name.) would be voiced by Andrew Francis? (ShiningArmor.)  'Dooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaallyyyyy'

Edited by Smooze

~Wraps his goopy arms around Nightmarity~ I'm scared o_o' Would that mean Django (I forgot his name.) would be voiced by Andrew Francis? (ShiningArmor.)  'Dooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaallyyyyy'

XD! I hardly remember their names but the fox Swiper? Imagine him voiced by John de Lancie (Discord) xD! Oh god. That would be torture :(

Yes, his name was Swiper..it could be worse. Kathleen Barr (Trixie.) could be doing the voice work for him. 'THE GREAT AND POWERFUL SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPER....is about to swipe your peanut butter crackers.'

• Brohoof 1

Lauren Faust recreated My Little Pony into the sterling show it is today because she loved it as a kid, then translated her vision for it into Friendship is Magic as an adult. The same would need to have happened with her and Dora the Explorer for that show to be anything as good as Friendship is Magic.

The thing is, there are less things to turn into creative content in Dora the Explorer. There's only Dora, and Boots, plus a few people she meets. With ponies, there's multiple characters and that makes for nice discussion amongst Bronies, plus they're comparable to other media (most notably Rainbow Dash being like Sonic).

Edited by Flipturn Costava

It still would be strange and i'm totally knocking Lauren for what she did with MLP I would have never met Nightmarity if she hadn't.  But the idea of her re-designing Dora The Explorer is hilariously bad.

• Brohoof 1

The situation is that MLP actually started out half decent with G1, it was in fact first conceived as just a kids show in general and not specificity for girls(thus why there's both a human girl and boy). Hasbro just had the thought "girls like ponies" and it began to shift towards being a how exclusively for girls and eventually decayed into stuff like G3, so we weren't dealing with making a bad show good, we were dealing with fixing something that started out okay but fell apart.  

Yes, his name was Swiper..it could be worse. Kathleen Barr (Trixie.) could be doing the voice work for him. 'THE GREAT AND POWERFUL SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPER....is about to swipe your peanut butter crackers.'

DO NOT WANT.-bats away awful images into the darkness-  I must remove myself from here forever or I will be trapped in a scary world of creepy characters and patronizing voice actors Q.Q

mlfw1754-1320488501.gif

Edited by Nightmarity
  • Brohoof 2

Dora the Explorer if remade wouldn't have enough creative content more than likely to pick up much steam at all. The basis of the show is getting from point A to point B with some variation along the line. 

Whilst MLP FiM has multiple ponies and lots of creative freedom that can be explored. We have a good balance between Life Episodes and Adventure Episodes in which we both love and can discuss. 

So I don't imagine myself being a fan if that happened, but who knows? 

To be honest, I don't think I'd watch it.

For me dora the explorer just isn't as interesting as ponies that have personalities and live in a world where they are basically are the master species.

Dora would be less annoying become a bit more watch able from a stand point at that it doesn't feel to much like a children's show but, it would be a little bit boring to me. :\

DO NOT WANT.-bats away awful images into the darkness-  I must remove myself from here forever or I will be trapped in a scary world of creepy characters and patronizing voice actors Q.Q

img-1800349-1-mlfw1754-1320488501.gif

Wow I couldn't have imagined this thread to be that bad XD

I was watching the show my baby sister and I thought this :lol:

Sorry :(

I laughed my flank off when I read this! :lol:

I started this thread because I was watching the show with my baby sister ._.

And the thought just came into my head....

Oh gosh, I don't think I'd even watch it then since it's supposed to be educational for kids. 

Perhaps if they made a more entertaining version but I don't know. Plus MLP was something I've always liked. 

I don't like this idea. Maybe I'd get through an episode or two, but just because Lauren was on it wouldn't mean I'd like it. Personally, I watched Super Best Friends Forever and I didn't like it, even though that was just a short. 

Edited by Dism

• 5 years later...
On 8/31/2013 at 7:16 AM, Candy Blaze said:

W have all probably seen the annoying kids show, Dora the Explorer right? But what if Lauren Faust Decided to remake it? What do you think she'll change? What would Dora and her little monkey, Boots be like? Would there be a fandom about it? Regardless on copyright and stuff.

I think she'll be some sort of a similar character like Daring Do.

It’s not annoying it’s amazing but I respect your opinion of course.

• 1 year later...