Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you find important in a Dramatic Reading?

joehighlord

Hello, some of you might be know that I do Dramatic Readings on the Joehighlord YouTube channel (though I have a consistent viewer base of about 4, so, probably not)

I'm always trying to improve my content, but due to the lack of viewers to yell at me to make changes... I came here with a simple question for you all.

What do you like in a Dramatic Reading!

So, do you value High quality and consistent voice acting? Background music? Lots of Sound Effects? 

Tell me what you would have in your perfect Dramatic Reading and I will do my best to improve all of my readings in future....

Of course, we need Examples and I feel like plunging my channel...

Good example

Bad example

I look for background music that has suspense, a high quality story with a very complex plot, and very great voice acting. To make the story more interesting, that is.

Personally, for me...what I like in a dramatic reading includes:

• Good voice acting, it's great if you sound exactly like the character, but you need to be able to tell the difference between each character.
  • Background music, Background music honestly adds more to the story itself. If we're supposed to feel sad, put a sad track behind it, if something intense is happening, put loud intense orchestra music behind it (for example, Two Steps From Hell's music), and etc...
  • Sound effects, this aren't exactly extremely important, but they're great to have. It adds to the effect.
  • Length, try not to make it too long or too short. A good 15-20 minutes, depending on the chapter, would be good.

Just my opinions.

For one, they must be British....yeeeaaaah.  lol
Nah.
I agree with WheatleyCore on this topic.....great Dramatic Readings need all those things exactly to sound really good! xD