Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dark Sides

DashieHeart

"yea just waiting for you have you ate and stretched, done warm ups?" steel said as he finished doIng his warm ups when he looked up at moonbeam he noticed her eyes had shifted and her wings had gotten slightly bigger,he decided to wait and see want happened befor asking about it" if you have first off we will do five-hundred push ups and five-hundred sit ups" steel said as he pulled out a rope an began to tie his wings Down so that while he was doing his push ups he couldn't use his wings to aid him in any way then he got down and started "one...two...three...four...five... Will you be joining me today moonbeam" steel asked and contained doing his push ups "-since she is shifted I won tell he I'll wait and see if she shifts back if not I'll have to find another time to tell her I don't want her to find out when it happens and she will see it at some point if she stay with me and helps me huntdown demonblood-steel thought as h kept doing pushups he lost count of how many he did so he started at twenty that was the last number he remembered doing

Frost finished his agility exercises and walked out of the clearing. He stopped when he saw Steel and Moon Beam doing some sort of workout routine, or at least that's what he thought it was. He kept a straight face and walked past them. "Morning." he said in a bland tone over to his bags and pulled out some weights.

"If they're doing workouts I might as well too." he thought before passing them again and trotting over to the opposite side of the clearing. "Nopony works out like that for fun." he continued, questioning the motives for such a strict looking work out. He tied the weights to his sides and hopped a bit to see if they were tight. "Good, let's begin." he muttered with a half smile. He used chained daggers and wrapped them around two tree limbs. He tugged on them to see just how sturdy they were. He took away more slack when he felt good about the sturdiness. He began to do his pull ups. "Uno....dos....tres....quatro....cinco." he muttered. He didnt know why., but counting in Spanish seemed to help him with his routines greatly. He glanced over at the two other ponies and sighed. "Love must feel good huh?" he asked himself

Steel didn't seem to notice her eyes and her wings, and she didn't want to say anything about it. He asked her if she had eaten, and she simply nodded. Then he started doing some push ups with his wings tied down to his sides, so she did the same, expect she made her own ropes out of some tall, strong grass she found. She learned all these grass tricks from her mother, Starlight, when she was younger. She would take Moon Beam down to the earth from their house in clouds dale and they would go to the forest. She would teach Moon Beam about small survival tricks that would help her get by when she was in a tight situation. Moon Beam appreciated what her mother and father taught her, since she used the skills they helped her with on a daily bases.

After she made the grass rope, she tied her wings down and started doing pushups beside Steel. After about fifty, her chest and arms were already hurting, and her breathing became heavy. It also got a bit harder to breathe, but she pushed through it. "So uh, hey.." Moon Beam began to say. "there's this place I found," she paused to breathe in deeply. "you should come with me later," paused again. "to see it. It's pretty nice." Moon Beam wanted to show Steel what she had done to change her eyes and wings, since it was sort of a part of her curse. Also, the place she found behind the canopy was very romantic, and a perfect spot for her and Steel to talk.

As steel was doing push ups and moonbeam making her rope frist walked by and said hey "hey" steel said as he worked.

Steel was pushing himself he had done one hundred by the time moonbeam started he counted in his head than moonbeam started talking and he listened " ok cool sounds like fun and remind me when we finish the run to ask frost if we can use his weights" steel said nodding towards frost than he noticed that moon beam was having trouble "hey don't push yourself to hard ok remember iv been doing this workout for over a year and I still have trouble if to push to hard youll hurt yourself ok" steel said "if you need to stop and take a rest And do what you can I'd rather you do what you can an get better than try to match me and get hurt ok" he kept his eyes on her while he dis his pushups "one hundred fifty only four hundred and fifty to go how about you moonbeam" steel asked sweat dripping of his face his forelegs where taking on the all to familiar burning that came with his workout soon he wouldn't feel it

Steel told Moon Beam not to work too hard, or she'd hurt herself. "I'm used to this, you don't need to worry about me." she thought. She didn't want to say it to him, since he might get mad at her, and she didn't need that. He told her to remember to ask Frost if they could use his weights afterwards, and she nodded. He also decided to add how many pushups he had done and how many he had left till he reached five hundred, then asked what she was on. "Haha, show off." she thought, and giggled out loud. "Almost one hundred." she said, still breathing heavily. After that, she decided not to talk, not wanting to make it even harder for her to breathe.

Once she reached three hundred fifty pushups, she decided to take a break. She stood up, then emmediatly fell back and sat down. She started stretching her legs and untied her wings and started stretching them as well. "Hey, I'm gonna fly around for a bit. I mean, of that's alright with you sargent." she said, then giggled. Moon Beam got up shook her head, opened her wings, then immediately lifted off into the air. Her wings and eyes were still the same from when she shifted them. With her wings the way they were, flying wa different, but in a good way. It felt smoother and lighter. She also felt like she looked gorgeous while she flew with her wings the way they were.

She flew a couple laps in an oval in the sky, looking over everything under her. She smiled as she surveyed the ground. "Wow..." she said as she gawked at the view. Moon Beam then floated back down to the ground to join Steel once again. Honestly, she didn't want to keep working out, she wanted to bring him to the place behind the canopy, but she knew he wouldnt want to take a break. "Well, it's worth a try." she thought as she shrugged, then walked over to Steel. She had her wings open, trying to look more gracious sort of. "Hey, Steel. You wanna take a break and check out that place I told you that I found?" she suggested, as she folded her wins, but didn't close them completely.

Steel was at four hundred and ffifty when moonbeam went to fly for a few by the time she got back he had finished his pushups and was drinking some water when she asked if he wanted to take a break " I might as well since I just finished the pushups and when were die with that I say we skip the sit-ups te run and the flight drills and do some weapon training sound good to you". Steel said as he undid the rope tie and spread his wings "and since you seem the same and under control do you want to tell me why your wings are bigger and your eyes are purple instead of silvery noticed earlier but I decided to let it be and see what happend" steel said "lead the way" sweat dripping down his face he wiped it away as he watched her and waited for her to Leda the way and answer him -I hate it when her eyes shift like that I love that silver, steel get ahold of yourself you need to think of how your going to tell her about the dagger an what it does-steel thought -I don't want her to find out in battle it might make her terrified to be around me-

"Aah, so he had noticed..." she thought, as she turned away from him to lead the way to the magical forest gettaway she found. She held her head high and her wings folded, but not closed, as she walked. Her mouth was curved into slight smile as her eyes began shimmering, slowly changing back into their normal shiny silver. However, her wings stayed the same.

She entered the canopy, then turned back to look at Steel. "After you." she said, as she stepped to the side to let him in. Once he was in, she closed the branches so that no one, especially Frost, couldn't see. She then walked past Steel to the back of the canopy and re-opened her little passage, and motioned for Steel to walk in. She again closed the passage behind her, then began walking in the direction of her little circle. "Beautiful, isn't it?" she asked as she walked on, keeping her head forward as she talked.

Finally, they reached the circle. She immediately went to the center of the circle with enough room for Steel to sit so the both of them were in the middle. She tapped her hoof on the ground next to her, inviting him to sit next to her. Moon Beam smiled sweetly, waiting for him.

Frost finished his last pull up and hung from the trees for a few more seconds letting a drop of sweat roll down his muzzle then plumer to the earth., maing a satisfying *ploop* sound when it connected. He unraveled the chains and fell landing on all four hoofs. He looked up in just enough time to see Steel and Moon Beam walk into the thick brush on the opposite side of the clearing. He shrugged and walked a few feet and looked around to make sure he had enough room to begin his practice.

He nodded in approval of his surroundings. "Exellent. Alright let's begin." he muttered to himself, closing his eyes and steadying his breathing. "Frozen Arts: Tecnique 23: Frost's Chains." he thought to himself, remembering all the pages from his training notes and books. When he opened his eyes they were pure white around the pupil. The skin and fur on the sides of his head closest to his eyes began to freeze over, as did his chains.

He was about to preform the actual move when the image of his mother came to mind. The whiteness in his eyes aniseed as the ice around him turned blood red and spiked outwards. The spikes only stabbed him in the shoulder and leg before combusting and dissipating into the air. He groaned looking down at the blood from his wounds. "Dammit." he muttered before collapsing to the ground.

Steel followed moonbeam thru the canopy and out the other side and she asked if he roughy it was beautiful " yea its amazing" once he got to the clearing with her and she looked at him he noticed that her eyes shifted but her wings hadn't -thats odd ill have to ask about that as well, bit at least her eyes have shifted back- he walked over to her and smiled "you know you still havent answered me why is it that in one shift your eyes are red but in another our eyes are purple and your wings are bigge and another thing why are your eyes silver by your wings still larger" steel said with a sly smile as he sat down by her and looked into her eyes-steel you need to tell her about the dagger and why you going to be cold around frosty- he thought then wagged her and waited for her answer -once she answer I need to tell hervshe needs to know- steel thought as he looked into her eyes keeping the smile on his face

(( sorry It too so long to post I have been at lows and is it ok if I use your oc in steels back story for another rp))

((ya of course you can use my oc in his backstory))

As Stained Steel sat by Moon Beam he asked about her eyes and wings shifting colors, and why is it that in one shift her eyes are red and the other her eyes are purple. She looked into his eyes, smiling a little half smile. "Well, this isn't a part of my curse. This is an old trick my mom taught me. My mom, Starlight, once studied and trained with uncicorns. They taught her how to channel her inner magic, since everypony has some, and use it through her whole body instead of a horn. This was years before she had me, and she hadn't used what she was taught since I was born. Then one day, when I was really young, she brought me down to earth from Cloudsdale. We deep went into the forest, and she taught me all of what she remembered. This little trick kind of protects me, and makes me stronger." she explained, smiling the whole time. "I just lightened the spell a bit, and it changed my eyes back." she added.

Moon Beam looked away from Steel, and up towards the sky. She closed her eyes, and inhaled deeply, taking in the fresh air. Small portions of light were coming in through the gaps in the branches, which made the little area they were sitting in so much more beautiful. Moon Beam looked back at Steel, and smiled, almost elegantly. "Ugh, just kiss him you idiot! Why can't you do it?!" she thought to herself.

"Uuhm, hey Steel? Can I.. Tell you something?" Moon Beam asked nervously, biting her lip.

((omg that's sounds amazing :) I like it lol))

After she asked him if she could ask him something, Steel told Moon Beam that she could tell him anything, which made her feel a bit more comfortable with saying what she wanted to, but she was still extremely nervous. She looked down and closed her eyes tightly, then gulped. She took a deep breathe, then looked into Steel's eyes. "Uuhm, well.." she hesitated. "Just tell him! Now!" she told herself in her head. "Ugh, it can't be that hard..." she thought.

"I like you. Like, really like you." she blurted out quickly, then looked away. After she said it, she regretted it, a lot. Her eyes were closed tightly, as if she was terrified to open them because if she did everything would fall apart. She thought about looking back at Steel, but decided against it. Her heart was pounding and she started breathing heavily. Moon Beam was afraid to speak, to move, to breathe. The feeling of embarrassment and rejection made her cringe. Those were two of her biggest fears, and she didn't want to face them.

Finally, Moon Beam lifted her face to look Steel in the eyes and see his reaction.

Steel sat there and waited for her to look back up at him when she did he smiled " I really like you to" steel said as he looked into her eyes "even if at times it it dosnt seem like it I do ok.. I'm saying this because from a young age I was traind to be the head of my family and as such I was trained to be cold so to anyone that isn't part of my family I must be cold to them, unless it's you I just can't bring myself to be cold to you" steel said as he took her hoof in his "I cant tell you how great it is to have somepony that I can be myself around" steel said while he looked down at the ground -I need to tell her about my dagger but I'll wait this isnt the time this is a happy time- steel thought as h looked around avoiding eye contact "it really is beautiful here" steel said than turned an looked moonbeam in the eyes and waited for her response he was worried about what she would say about what he just told her

((although if moonbeam ends up in a to with steel it will have to change but that will be fine it will work out I'm assuming they will still be together I'm other rps they are in))

When Moon Beam looked back into Steel's eyes, he smiled, so she smiled back. He told her that he likes her too, and she smiled a little more. He also explained why he's so cold when Frost is around, and that he can't bring himself to be cold to her. She softly sighed, as she looked into his eyes. Steel held her hoof and said "I can't tell you how great it is to have some pony that I can be myself around." he looked down, then back up again as his eyes wandered the scenery. "It really is beautiful here." he said. Moon Beam giggled, keeping her eyes on his. As he looked around the forest, his eyes glimmered in the small beams of light coming through the branches above them.

"Ya.." she said softly as she looked back in the direction of the canopy while Steel was distracted with the forest. "Should we go back?" she thought, then looked back into Steel's eyes as they took in the beauty surrounding them. "Nah." she thought.

"Hey." Moon Beam said, getting Steel to look back down at her. His head tilted down and his eyes connected with hers. Suddenly, Moon Beam leaned in quickly, and their lips connected.

• Brohoof 1

Steel was shocked when moonbeam kissed him, he distend anything for a few seconds but then he kissed her back he broke the kiss after a full minuet " I hate to ruin this moment but we should get going, and get to canterlot to your curse taken care of" steel said then gave her a quick kiss before he stood up, than he has an idea. He picked up moon beam "hold on" step said with a smile and then took off and flew high into the sky once high enough he stopped and looked around -I'll tell her later- steel thought as he looked into her eyes "this has been fun but we should get and go we will continue this later ok?" steel said with a smile as he slowly flew down to the canopy he really didn't want to stop but he knew that moonbeam needed to get thus curse taken care of so she could be truly happy he kisses her check and sat her down so she could make an opening in the canopy so that yet could go back inside it and hide the fact that they left because it looked like moonbeam didn't want anyone else to know -this is the beat contract to accept because I got to met her-

After Steel landed, he put Moon Beam down. She giggled and smiled at him. She then turned and opened the canopy back up again so that they could get inside. She let Steel go in first, and before she went in, she picked a flower off of one of the trees. Moon Beam knew the name of the flower since her mother used it in some of the spells and tricks she taught her. It was called the gardenias flower, and it was very exotic. However, the one she found was very rare since it was a purple gardenias, and most gardenias flowers are white.

"Steel, here." she said as she walked into the canopy and gave it to him. As soon as he was holding it, she immediately turned to close the opening they came through. He gave her a confused look, and she just giggled. She walked up to him and took the flower. "I'm gonna use a bit of water from your bag, if that's okay." she said as she looked at him. He just nodded, still confused. Moon Beam shrugged then got the water from Steel's bag.

She walked over to the middle of the canopy and dug a small hole. She poured some water into the hole, then carefully dropped the gardenias flower into the water. After a few seconds, it started glowing. Moon Beam looked up and smiled at Steel. "Come here." she said. Steel slowly walked over to her and sat by her side. Moon Beam touched her hoof to the flower, then looked at Steel, waiting for him to do the same.

Steel was confused when she handed him the flower so he just held it looking as lost as he felt when moonbeam giggled he couldn't help but smile,when she took the flower and told him to come over he walked over and sat by moonbeam he was still perplexed as to what she was doing " I'm guessing this is another of your moms tricks" steel said as he eyed the flower and slowly put Hus hoof to it "so what's going to happen" steel asked looking into her eyes "you know what don't tell me trust is big in relationships" steel said with a smile -I wonder what's goin to happen, I don't usually do magic but since moonbeam wants me to do this so I will- steel thought as he looked into her eyes"after this I needto tell you something important and I mean really important ok" steel said the smile vanishing from his face he hoped she would understand how important what he had to say was then he smiled " so let's do this whatever it is "steel said while laughing

((when I signed up I wasn't excpecting steel to fall in love but it adds a great layer to his story))

Moon Beam giggled, then looked back to the glowing flower. "Close your eyes and breathe in and out steadily." she said as she did just that. The flower started getting brighter and brighter. "Try to focus on channeling your inner magic. Just relax, and focus on something that calms you." she told him. As she focused on channeling her inner magic, she thought of Steel. She doesn't know why, but he calms her. "Maybe that's why the curse wasn't that bad last night..." she thought. She shook off all other things, and focused on Steel again, then smiled.

Moon Beam opened her eyes slightly, and peered over at Steel. She saw his wings start glowing, and she knew it was working. She glanced down at her own wings and they were doing the same. "Open your eyes." she told him. When he opened his eyes, they were glowing, and so were hers. "Look." she said. She looked down at the gardenias flower. The glow from the flower was gliding up their hooves and onto their legs and the rest of their bodies, circling them in the radiant light. "Now, stay calm while this happens, or it won't work. This is channeling your inner magic and helping it come out. This is what my mom did before she taught me anything, and it also helps protect you and keep you safe from certain things." she explained as streams of purple light surrounded them. Moon Beam opened her wings as the magic lifted her and Steel into the air. She smiled and closed her eyes. Then she looked at Steel, and smiled widely. "It's true." she said, then they were lightly put back down onto the ground and the glowing slowly went back into the flower, then disappeared.

Steel dine as he was told and closed his eyes but insted of focusing on something that could calm him he just done what he usually does befor fights and focused in his breathing an kept it calm and even , when moonbeam told him to open his eyes he did hebrook note o the light circling them she told him to keep calm - I'm always calm- he thought as they began to float in the air then she said it would help protect him from cretin things " things like what" steel asked when they was back on the ground she said "it's true" "whats true moonbeam and are you goingno teach me how to use magic" steel said smiling heblooked into her eyes and waited for te answers he wanted she was just smiling such a big smile he couldn't help but smile just as big -soon we have to leave for canterlot and we will be around frosty and I'll have to be cold again ugh I hate having to be cold when I'm around her it sucks-steel thought making sure that his thoughs didn't show on his face his training at least helps in that, as long -as I'm with he it'll be fine-

"Something you'll understand very soon. But uh, yes, I can teach you magic. Only if you want me to, because it's kind of a big responsibility, since we aren't supposed to have magic and all." she explained. "Oh, but what was it that you wanted to tell me?" she asked as she walked over to her grass bed and sat down. She pushed on the bed a bit to make it more soft, then sat down. She pulled the comforter closer and wrapped it around herself. "It's a bit cold in here, you want to come and sit in the blanket with me?" she asked, lifting it up a bit and motioning with her head for him to join her on the bed. She didn't really think it was cold, she just wanted a chance to sit close to him under the blanket, she thought it'd be cute.

As she sat on her bed waiting for Steel, she started thinking. "What about demon blood? He might be after Steel.. What if we can't be together because of him? Ugh, I dont want to think about this.. But it's kind of inevitable isn't it? He's going to come around at some point and I'm going to have to deal with him too, not just Steel anymore. I can't let demon blood hurt him. I don't care if Steel can take care of himself, because like everypony, even the surest of fighters need some pony there to help them sometimes." she thought to herself. She noticed that as she was thinking, her expression changed and now she looked upset and her eyes drifted downwards to look at the ground. She quickly looked at Steel, still waiting for him to come and sit next to her.

" yea it is a bit cold in here" steel said as he walked over to her" and what I want to tell is... What's wrong and don't say it's nothing I can see it on our face something is bothering you" Hevesy down beside her "Ill tell you when what troubles you is dealt with ok" steel said with a smile as he lifted her face to look him in the eye "and you know if we want to make it to canterlot today them we should probably get going" stee said then he gave her a quick kiss -man it's gonna suck when frost is around since I won't be showing any emotion at all it will take all my will power but it has to be done I'm fom the steel family even if I'm accepted or not and a steel doant show weakness- steel thought as he held moonbeams hoof -this is nice I hope we can do this more and if she teaches me how to use magic I'll really be able to take on demonblood since I'll have magic like he does I'll kill him and then I won't have to worry about him take moonbeam away from me-steel thought being sure to keep his thought in his hea and nit on his face

Frost looked up and tried to sum up how long he had past out, not to mention how it happened. He looked up at the sky. The sun had moved somewhat across the sky, suggesting mabey an hour? Two? He didn't know nor did he care. He propped him self up to see he was lying in a pool of blood from the extended magic. His white coat was stained and didn't look like it was going to come put anytime soon. "Perfect." he hissed standing up and walking to his saddle bags. "No water. Of course not!" he almost yelled walking back out to the clearing and flopped down onto his rump.

He just sat there and thought. The two most reoccurring thoughts that came to mind. His mother, and Steel. He decided in his best interest to suppress the memory of mother until later and moved on to Steel. "He is always a complete jerk when he's around me, but when it comes to Moon, he's all gentle and kind." he thought putting his hooves behind his head and layed back in the grass. "You think someone who talks so highly of himself would be more noble and less cold." he added tilting his head back to look at the entrance to we're Sterl and Moon had vanished into earlier. "Hmmm, love. A valuable I wish I still possessed." he muttered quietly looking back at the sky.

Moon Beam looked at Stained Steel. She didn't want to tell him what she was thinking about, but she knew she had to. "I.. I was thinking about demon blood..." she said softly, putting her head down. "What if he hurt you?" her voice was so quiet it was almost a whisper. A tear fell from her eye and slid down her cheek. "What if he took you, or killed you?" she didnt dare to look at him. The tear fell from he cheek and landed on the grass bed right in front her hoof. She sniffed quietly, then continued, "You're the only pony I've ever felt this way for. I mean, we haven't known each other long, but, there's just something about you I can't figure out." she said, as another tear slid down her cheek and landed on the bed. She turned her head away from Steel, closing her eyes as tight as she could and biting her lip. "I just can't figure it out, Steel. Why are you so different from everypony else I've met? Why did my heart choose you? What's so special about you?" she paused. "I dont know if I'll ever find my answers but I honestly don't care. All I know is, there's something about you Stained Steel. Something great." she stopped talking, since that's all she wanted to say. She didn't pick her head up, she didn't even move. She sat there with her eyes closed tightly, wondering what made her tell him everything.

Steel listend to moonbeam "he won't take me or kill me" steel said then took a deep breath"to him this is a game and it's not fun for him if he just kills me but what I farce mightvso is take you from me... And i know what you mean, I have never felt this way before and demonblood knows this he's probably watching us now" steel said as he lifted moonbeams face to his and wiped a tear away "as long as we have each other we will be fine I promise we can beat demonblood ok?" steel looked at her he wasn't going to say anything about huaraches or leaving for canterlot until moonbeam wasn't upset he wanted to make sure she was happy-Demonblood will not interfere with this I wont let him he will die by my blade this is about More than the reward now it's personal- steel thought not caring if he showed it on his face since he was with moonbeam and she was th only one that he could be him self around so he won't hide anything from her

(( sorry it took so long to reply I'm cleaning up from my bonfire last night it was on he'll o a party))

• Brohoof 1

Moon Beam listened to Steel, looking into his eyes. She felt safe with him. When he was done talking, she moved closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder. She closed her eyes tightly then pulled the blanket up to keep her warmer. Moon Beam looked up at Steel, and smiled slightly. Now, she didn't just feel safe with him, she knew she was safe with him. She nuzzled closer to him, closing her eyes once again and biting her lip. "Demon blood needs to go away, and stay away. I don't like him." she said softly, nudging her nose into his neck. "It's not fair. I don't want him hurting you, or anything at all. He should leave you alone." she closed her eyes even tighter and clenched her jaw. She thought about demon blood and what she would do if he tried to take her. "What if I'm powerless against him? I mean, the way Steel talks about him he seems really powerful. But, my curse would take over, and I don't know exactly how powerful I am when that happens. I know nothing about my curse..." she thought. "Steel, if demon blood tried to take me, what would you do?" she asked, looking up at him, her head still on his shoulder.

Steel sat and thought "honestly I would try and protect you but his has ties to hell so he can summon anything from hell and contole it, so knowing this i would probabl have to fight demons and imps and because of his tie to hell he can move there and back so he could take you while I'm fighting" steel reached in his bag and pulled out a dagger that was warped in cloth" there is one thing that he can't touch, iv carried this from the start of my hunt for him" steel unwrapped the dagger it was pearl white with a silver cross on the blade "this is the holy dagger it was made by a priest and cooled by holy water it will instantly kill anything from hell, I want you to have it, this should stop him from coming for you" steel put the dagger down infront of moonbeam "to answer your question I'll drag him to the void my self if I have to, the void is the place where fear itself resides and it is where demonblood will go when he dies since he is no longer able to go to haven it he'll when he dies, so dot worry I'll always protect you I promise"