Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dark Sides

DashieHeart

Steel heard frost having a great time below him and moonbeam -at least one if yes can be happy ever since spawn showed himself moonbeam distanced herself but I guess its for the best-steel thought -yea its for the best I'll only end up hurting her and then I wouldnt know what to do- he heard moonbeam keep shaking her head and ears he continued to fly in silence and then moonbeam said hey "hey"steel said as he glanced over at her just remember steel its for the best- spawn thought as steel replied to moonbeam -i know spawn I know but I think I love her- steel thought spawn just laughed in steels head -so steel bringer of death you think your in love you know ponies like you don't get to love remember steel you earned your title by killing so many-spawn thought as he laughed some more -yes I earned my name but that does not mean that I can't find love-steel thought

((Sorry but I won't be able to post like I normally do I got grounded from my iPod and all I have is my phone but its really glitchty I should be able to post again tomorrow since I'll be on a desktop))

"Doesn't seem like he really wants to talk Moon Beam, might as well shut up." she thought to herself. She looked away from Steel, and bit her lip. Suddenly, she heard a small cracking noise. It sounded like it was coming from under her, so she looked down to try to find what it was. However, all she could see was treetops. She heard the cracking noise again, then small, high pitched chirps. Moon Beam smiled. "Aaw." she said softly. "Oh, I wish I could go down there and see them." she thought. She looked down at the treetops, wanting to fly down to find the new born baby birds.

After a little while of neither of them saying anything, Moon Beam decided that she wanted to try a bit harder to talk to Steel. However, she didn't have a clue as to what she should say. She glanced at the pegasus. She looked him over, starting from his tail then to his cutie mark, his wings then his mane, then finally, his eyes. She looked into his eyes longingly. "Steel, why do you have to act so cold?" she thought as she sighed quietly. She looked ahead, still wondering what to say to him. Finally, she knew what she was going to say. "Frost isn't here, why are you still being cold to me?" she blurted out, looking at him. After she said it, she regretted it. "At first I didn't want to start anything, and then I go and say that! Yeah, I'm smart..." she thought to herself.

Steel just waited for mionbeam to say something when all she did was sigh he told himself once again it was for the best then she asked him why he was still being cold Steel stopped when moonbeam spoke he turned and kissed her" honestly I thought you didn't want to be near me anymore because of spawn I just shut down I really thought that the thought of spawn being able to take control scared you into not wanting to be with me" steel said as he looked into moonbeams eyes "you had pulled away after spawn showed himself, why did you pull away like that moonbeam" steel asked as he let His face show his emotions spawn was trying to talk to steel but he ignored him he was more interested with moonbeam and what she had to say besides he could always talk freely to spawn but he can't do so with moonbeam even though he would be nice to frost he still wouldn't let him in and coast the mental wall he had put up only moonbeam could get past she had his heart band he planned to keep her safe as long as he kived

Moon Beam was surprised when Steel kissed her. Then, when he said that he thought that Spawn scared her into not wanting to be with him, she sort of gasped softly. When Steel asked why she pulled away when Spawn showed himself, she looked down. The flower's glow dulled a bit and she sighed. "Well, first of all, nothing could make me not want to be with you." she said, as she looked into his eyes and smiled. "But, I pulled away because I was afraid that he would hurt me, which I know he wouldn't have a problem with. And.." as she said "and" she looked down and her voice kind of trailed off. She didn't want to tell him about what happened when her instincts took over, but he would end up finding out sooner or later. "And, when I feel like I need to defend myself in a life or death situation, my 'instincts take over'. That means my powers are enhanced, like a lot, and I'm not controlling myself. Technically, my inner power is. I can't do anything, and if my inner power feels like I'm in serious danger, it will do anything to iliminate whatever is threatening me. And I mean anything." she said, looking into Steel's eyes. "Like.. Once, when I was really little..." Moon Beam looked down once again. "My dad started yelling, and it was over something stupid. He had a bad day, and was very stressed. And, he wasn't even yelling at me, but my inner power sensed that I could be in danger, and it took over... It almost killed my dad.." as she said the last sentence, her voice got really quiet. A tear fell down her cheek, but she held back the rest. "I don't want the same thing to happen to you.." she said softly as she looked into his eyes. Suddenly, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and hugged him tightly. "I don't want to hurt you.." she said, holding him tighter.

Steel listened to moonbeam "I see "steel said as he held moonbeam he brushed away her tear and kissed the top of her head "and don't worry about hurting me if spawn shows up he can't be hurt unless you use the holy blade the hell fire in his hooves transfers all wounds to a demon unless done by the holy blade and when it shows up be tends to run away but he won't be showing up anytime soon I have enough control now "steel said happy that moonbeam would always love him "and I all ways will want to be with you"steel said as they neared canterlot, he was starting to feel tired and mildly dizzy he knew that it would bed worse for moonbeam so he held on to her and didn't let go "frost will be with us soon moon beam butwhen we get to my place we can talk freely again when he goes to the third floor"steel said as he kissed her one last time "I needed one more kiss before frost got out of the forest and see "then he blocked all emotion from showing except a smile when he looked at moonbeam

((my phones not as glitchy as I thought, );

Frost was still seining through the trees, laughing and dining as if he were a giddy foal. His smile was as wide as it had ever been, he had never felt like this in his life. For once, he felt.....happy. He felt.....free, but as he looked ahead he could see the end of the forest approaching fast, this made him frown. He knew that once he crossed that imaginary barrier he would have to return to reality, the cold, dark, reality. He shrugged and prepared himself for his final swing. He reared back as far as he could possibly go and thrusted himself forward. He felt the wind and he smiled again, his wide smile. The swing launched him up through the forests canopy and high in to the air. He flipped himself as his body was in a cross fashion, forelegs out and such. As he reached the peak of his climb he was upside down and could see Steel and Moon far behind him headed in his direction. He made no gesture but just nose dived back into the forest and disseaperd from view. He caught himself from his chain on on of the branches and landed on the ground right out side of the forest. He began to walk forwards once again. "Thank you." he whispered looking over his shoulder back into the forest.

After Steel kissed her and said that he wanted one more kiss before they saw Frost, she smiled widely and blushed. Suddenly, she heard Frost stop singing, then there was rustling. It got closer and closer, and soon she saw Frost fly up through the treetops and flip, then nose dive back into the trees. She giggled and looked at Steel. Her flower was now glowing as bright as it had been when she did the spell.

Soon, Moon Beam and Steel reached the end of the forest, and they saw Frost walking ahead. "Hey Frost!" Moon Beam yelled to him as she smiled. Her and Steel began to light down. "So, how was your walk through the woods?" she asked as they landed. She gave him a sly smile and laughed. Suddenly, she felt a bit dizzy, and she put her hoof to her head. "Oww.." she said softly. As soon as she collected herself, she looked up. She could see Canterlot ahead. "Oh, good. Hopefully we will be there soon." she thought. She began to feel dizzy again, and also nausous. She started to sway back and forth, and she felt weak. Her head hurt, and she groaned softly. The nausea became worse and she almost fell.

As Frost walked along he heard Steel and Moon land beginng to follow behind him. When he heard Moon Beam call his name he looked over his shoulder. She had asked how is walk through the forest was, he must have been louder than he thought for her to have to ask him how it was. He shrugged, "It was....normal, nothing really interesting at all, just trees, trees, and more trees." he said in a serious, almost bland tone. When Moon held her head and winced, he changed his tone. "Are you alright? Here take some of this." he said rolling his water bottle over to Moon Beam. He turned and saw Canterlot on the horizon. "Good i might be able to get some real sleep tonight." he thought letting out a small chuckle as he let his chains form back into his tattoos. He continued to walk to give Steel and Moon Beam some space. "Heh, the only reason Steel is cold at al is because I'm here, I would leave, but let's face it. Nowhere to go, nopony to go to, and somepony has to stay here and keep spawn in check." he thought to himself as he let out a small heh.

Steel landed by moon beam "hey frost I assume you had a great time in the woods"she steel said then he seen moonbeam start to sway he put his foreleg around her "careful take slow deep breaths if your nauseated ok if you want you can ride on my back" steel said as he held moonbeam and lowered himself enough for moonbeam to climb on"don't worry it's just the after effects of the adrenaline but it's going to get worse before it gets better so if you need to puck let new know ok"steel was concerned if she almost fell now what would happen when it all of the adrenaline leaves her system completely " hey frost I'm going to get her to canterlot as fast as I can get body isn't doing si well with the adrenalin leaving her system how fast can you go? "steel asked while he excited when for moonbeam to climb on hopefully she won't pass out before we get to my place-steel thought -she will be fine -spawn thought -besides if she isn't ok it will be you're fault-down began to laugh in steels head -oh shut up-steel thought

When Steel offered to let her ride on his back, she smiled. "I, I couldn't, Steel" she said. Suddenly, her head felt worse. "Aah, okay.." she groaned as she almost fell over Steel. She slowly climbed on to Steel's back. As she got on his back, she began to feel even weaker, and the flower behind her ear started to get duller. She closed her eyes tightly and gulped. "This is terrible.." she mumbled as she buried her head into Steel's neck. "Ugh, this is killing me.. When will this be over?" she thought, groaning.

As Moon Beam sat on Steel's back, she though about Spawn. "What if he decides to take control? Because of the adrenaline, Steel is weak too. Well, seeing that he knows so much about it, he must have had this happen to him before, so he's used to it." she thought as she nuzzled into Steel's neck. She smiled slightly. Being able to be so close to him made her feel safe. However, the thought of Spawn scared her a bit, since technically, she was also closer to him. Her ears lied back as she thought about this, and she weakly looked up at Steel. When she looked into his eyes, she relaxed a bit, and smiled. The flower behind her ear began to glow brighter as her inner power strengthened to protect her.

After moonbeam had climbed up he took flight and she moaned"don't worry it'll be over soon"he said enjoying the fact that she was nuzzling him"if you feel like passing out go ahead that's normal ok moonbeam we will be say my place I'm about fifteen minutes "steel said as they reached the city limits was feeling tired himself but he would fight threw.steel lay out a slight groan the pain pills had when off as well he landed in a allay and mad sure frost had seen him "this way frost"steel said add he pulled out a key"welcome to my humble abode"he opened the door to a large own room with racks of weapons covering the walls in the back corner was a cupboard and close to the door was a bed with five pillows on it to the left is a stay case"the stairs are over there and remember the second and fifth floors are off limits the does are looked"steel told frost and moonbeam,she was still on his back but he didn't need mind he went over to a work bench and started to make a new dagger "hey frost if yourhungry there's did in the cupboards "

Frost watched as Moon Beam held her head and climbed onto Steels back, as to not slow the group down if she happened to pass out along the way. He always got a sharp pain in his gut whenever he saw the to ponies show affection for one another, love was a luxury he never had, and was never open to trying, and as of now he was reheating his decision greatly, he had always wondered what it would be like to feel love for another pony, he felt as if that were the reason he preferred to stay alone all the time. His thought process was cut short when he heard Steel ask if he could keep a fast pace. Frost shrugged. "It depends on the pace. Do you want me to beat you there or just keep up with you. I assure you both are easily achievable." he said with no emotion in his voice, normally he would have smiled and said yes, but under the current currcumstances he really didn't feel like being in a happy go lucky mood, all he wanted was to get to the warehouse and go to sleep, who knows mabey he could actually feel a bed for once in a while.

Once Steel flew off he followed, cloning on to buildings and dimming his way there. Once he arrived he looked around, it was large, spacious, and good for training. He nodded on approval as Steel asked him if he would like any food. Frost nodded and grabbed a banana from the cupboard. "Tanks." he said with the banana in his mouth.

Edited by Frosty V

"no problem, if you want to work or out I'd train all that stuff us on the fourth floor" steel said add he walked to the cupboards and pulled out a bag of tail mix moonbeam was still in his back but he didn't mind he assumed she was asleep so be left her there and went to the work table and began to name a dagger for moonbeam he pulled out a polished silver blade and inscribed it on one side with his name and the other with hers under each name was the dragons symbol for love he then took obsidian and melted it then poured it into the inscription and let it cool while it was cooling he made a white dagger for frost harry that her inscribed with the dragon symbol for balance before using the last of the obsidian to fill in the inspirations on frosts blade he then my made the handle that would match the blade and connected them to there blade before placing them in simple sheaths he polished them since they could already split hair he didn't sharpen them, he put them up and decided to give them the blades the next day

Moon Beam had fallen asleep on Steel's back sometime during the flight, and was still asleep when they arrived at his house. She woke up while Steel was standing at his work table. She lifted her head and blinked. Her vision was a bit blurry, so she couldn't see much. She noticed she had still been holding onto the white dagger, and gripped it tightly. She looked around, trying to figure out where she was. She assumed they were at Steel's house, since she could see a bed and cupboards in the room.

As soon as her vision was back to normal, she looked up at Steel. She was comfortable where she was, and she didn't want to get off of his back, but she figured she had to. She gently nudged his neck, then opened her wings and hopped off of Steel's back, lightly lading next to him. She sat down, and smiled at him. "How long was I out?" she asked, giggling. Moon Beam looked around the room. "Nice place." she said softly, then looking back at Steel. She walked up to him. She kissed him on the cheek and smiled warmly. "Thank you for carrying me that whole way, Steel." she said, looking into his eyes.

Steel liked at moonbeam and smiled after she nudged him"well hey you was only out for a few hours you might need more sleep how your feeling"steel said as he started eating the tail mix he got out earlier he walked over and kissed her then yawned he walked over to the bed and laid down "just so you know you didn't have to get off "steel said add he grabbed a blanket " there's food over there if your hungry and if you want to work out all that stuff is in the fourth floor of course if you want you can come over here and sleep" steel yawned again "I'm going to sleep for a little while" steel did add he covered up but instead of laying he's head down he just looked at moonbeam and smiled "if you need anything just key me know if I'm asleep wake me up I won't mind"steel laid has head down but kept guys eyes open -aww is steel getting tired because he can't keep up-spawn thought -o spawn can't you shut up and let need sleep for awhile-steel thought add he yawned again-steel you should let me take over for a spawn thought-no-

Moon Beam watched as Steel got into bed. When he said she didn't have to get off his back, she giggled. "Ugh I shouldn't have." she thought to herself, letting out a small chuckle. He pointed to the food, and she turned to look. She walked over to where he pointed, and picked up a banana. She looked around and found a butter knife and cut the banana up into small pieces as Steel talked. When he was done talking, she said "Okay." and smiled. She took a piece of banana and ate it, then looked at her white dagger, which she had left on the floor by accident. She walked over to the dagger and picked it up, then started twirling it in her hoof. She smiled as she ate another piece of the banana, staring at the dagger.

Moon Beam thought about going up to the fourth floor to train, but figured that Frost would be there. "It wouldn't be too bad to train with him. However, it would be more awkward than anything. Whatever." she thought. Then, she looked at Steel. "It would be a lot nicer to stay down here though." she thought with a smile. She ate the rest of the banana, then walked over to Steel's bed. "Hey." she said softly as she climbed into the bed. She kissed him on the cheek. "Good night, Steel." she said before turning over and closing her eyes.

Frost grabbed another banana and went to the fourth floor, the training floor if he remembered correctly. He pushed open the door, not making a sound, surprising to him given the age of this warehouse, but he quickly shrugged off the thought. He walked into the middle and looked around. There were pull up bars, bench presses, leg presses, treadmills, a punching bag, and even fighting dummies of all shapes and sizes, ranging from pony to griffon. He smiled on the inside. "Screw sleep, I can train my gosh darn heart out up here." he thought, jumping with joy as he ran over to the bench press, "You first!" he said under his breath as he began to stack on weights. He got under the bar and began his exercise. Once he had felt satisfied he moved on to the leg presses, then to the pull up bars, then to the punching bag and then finally to the fighting dummies. "You guys look hold, hmmmmm...." he said as he got an idea, he let his chains come out again and swing them firearms to stab into two of the pony sized dummies, he slammed together causing a big explosion of dust. Coughing Grost looked back up. "Yep.....really old." he said yawning, laying down on the patted floor. "That's nice...." he trailed off as he fell asleep in the middle of the training room floor.

Steel watched moonbeam as she ate a banana then she climbed into bed with him and whenr she rolled over he kissed her in the check then he spread out the wing closets to moonbeam then laid it across her before sinking into a deep sleep

((if it's ok I'm going to time lapse ))

Steel woke up at sunrise like he normally did he carefully got up and tired not to disturb moonbeam he lightly kissed her then are some oats and drank some water he then wrote a note moonbeam

Note

Hey baby I'm working out in the fourth floor don't worry and if you want to join me you can

End note

He then placed the note in his pillow kissed her again the flew UK the stairs when he got to the fourth floor he saw frost asleep on the floor he picked him up and places him on a bed on the third floor then he went back up stairs then he started with pull ups he did five hundred before he flipped over and did five hundred with his back legs then he did push ups again five hundred then he did his sit ups then he did a run in his treadmill five miles then he threw his throwing knives into four different training dummies

Edited by dashian500

When Moon Beam woke up, she found a note on Steel's pillow. She read it out loud softly, and smiled. "I'll get up there later." she said when she finished reading it. She stretched and yawned, then got out of bed. She walked over to the cupboards and pulled out some oats and got some water. As soon as she was finished with that, she grabbed her dagger and opened the front door. She peered out. There were barely any ponies up at this time, and there were none in sight. Moon Beam slowly walked out and closed the door as quietly as she could behind her. She walked to the outskirts of Canterlot, since there were woods right outside of the city. Once she was out of Canterlot, she started jogging. Soon, she was running through the forest at top speed. She found a good open area, and went into the middle. "Hmm, good." she said to herself. She twirled the dagger in her hoof. She searched the ground for something good to use as a rope. She didn't find much, so she created a makeshift rope out of long, thick grass she found. She tied the rope to the dagger, and tugged at it to make sure it was strong. Once she knew it was good to use, she began to swing it above her head. She flapped her wings and lifted into the air, then let the grass rope go quickly, sending it flying into the branches. She heard a small squeal and a crack as the dagger went through a squirrel and into a tree. "Sorry squirrel." she said as she flew up to it. "Bad aim.." she added before pulling the dagger from the tree and taking the squirrel off. She cleaned the dagger off with her hoof, then turned and went back to the middle of her little area. "Looks like I need a bit of training." she said softly, narrowing her eyes and focusing on her target. She yet again swung the dagger and let it go, hitting the spot she was aiming for. "Good, good. But, I need to be better." she said, going to retrieve her dagger.

Frost woke up and cricked his neck, maybe sleeping on the padded floor seemed like a good Idea at firs, but just made it in comfortable and ache all over his body. He looked over to see Steel practicing throwing his knives into the test dummies, hearing the thunk of the blades connecting was like music to his ears. He got up and walked down stairs in just enough time to see Moon Neam walking away towards the forest, Frost stepped away from the window and sat at the kitchen table. His eyes still squinted he let out a large loud yawn, stretching out his arms as he did so. He made some tea and grabbed a banana from the cabinet and sat down to eat and read his magazines. "The Weapons Galore." he read the title and began to flip through the pages. "Have it, have it, broke it, GLAD I got rid of it, have it." he listed as he checked through all of the pages. Once he had finished eating he layed down the magazine and walked outside. The morning breeze felt good against his coat. He used his chains and daggers to climb up to the roof were he sat, giving himself some time to clear his head.

Steel didn't notice frost get up and leave once steel finished with his throwing knives he walked over to his weights added twenty pounds since frost hadn't removed the weights then started he didten reps of sixty he went the leg press and did the same once he finished he walked down stairs and when he didn't see frost or moonbeam he didn't get worried he grabbed some water and walked over to the table that he put his mail on he seen he had a new contract he looked it over it had a high pay and an easy target"ideally I would accept this but I don't have the time to"steel said knowing that no Pony could hear him he took it and went outside into the ally and slid it under the door across from his, it lead info the back room of the devils Pub it was the location of the contact board all contracts the had yet to be accepted was placed there,then he seen steel went inside and grabbed the blades he made the flew up to frost "hey I'm sorry for acting like jerk" steel said then he handed frost the blade

Frost looked over when he heard Steel land next to him, apologizing for acting like a jerk towards Frost since they met. Frost smilied and nodded as he accepted the blade. "I don't judge others, that is saved for something greater." he said Ashe began to spin and flip the knife, keeping his eyes on the horizon. "I some what expected it, givin your heritage and that demon, Spawn was his name? That seems to be running around in the darkest reaches of your head." he said tapping the top of his head with the dagger. "But hey, at least you had a family, a luxury that was taken from me before I could understand its value." he said clenching the dagger as hard as he could, thinking about his dream from the first night he had met Steel and Moon Beam, the image of his bloody and battered mother, asking him why he was not there to help her. He closed his eyes holding back a tear. Frost rarely cried, but when it came to his family he couldn't help it. He sniffed and let out a small chuckle, shaking his head. "You lucky bastard." he said softly looking back at the horizon.

Steel at by frost "actually I didn't have family since I was seven I was disowned after my grandfather died so I live in alone and have since I was seven"steel said" I made this dagger for you"steel handed frost the white dagger he made the night before he looked outat the horizon "we should get going soon or we won't be able to talk to the princesses" steel said "do you know where moonbeam is at"steel asked a bit concerned since she hadn't left a note or anything he didn't want to think about the fact that demonblood could have taken her -if demonblood did take her he would have left a note it something like, some kind of clue-steel thought -well I could take as look into hell and see if I can find anything since he would have used hell magic because his other magic is to weak of course my help comes at a price steel what will you do to pay me-spawn thought steel sighed -I'll give you control for one night but I will choose when and where you get to take over -steel thought grimly he knew what might happen -ok I'll go check now -spawn thought

Frost smilied about as he admired the dagger, flipping and twirling it with his hoof. When Steel explained about his early life he frowned. "I'm sorry, my parents died trying to save others when the changelings attacked Canterlot, and Ihad to watch it happen." he said almost scrunching himself into a ball where he sat. When Steel asked where Moon Beam was he shook his head, "I don't know. I figured she would be with you." he said switching hoofs to spin the blade more. "I'm sure she went into the woods to train more, assuming you made a custom dagger for her as well, she did mention she wanted to get some training in last night I believe, or I could just have all been a dream." he said still staring off into the horizon, he turned to Steel who seemed to be thinking hard about something, "Ummmmm, I-I could help you look if you want, I'm not doing any thing at the moment as you can see, oh and as for the princesses, I'm sure I could get in to see Luna. She is the one who gave me these after all." he said holding up his tattoos

Steel smiled "the symbols on the mean balance or just, in case you didn't know and I did make one for her but i haven't given it to her yet "steel said "and it sucks you had to watch your parents die but at least you didn't have to kill the only person in your family the cared about you and I would life your help besides I can get in to see Luna anytime as well"steel got up then he felt spawn come back-well what did you find spawn-steel thought-well I looked around and i didn't see her I asked and none of the demons saw her or demonblood so it's safe to say that she wasn't taken unless they are lying to me but why would they do that they have nothing to gain from it-spawn thought -good now I know she's safe and don't worry I'll pay you soon enough -steel thought "ok let's get going if she is in the woods we fave a lot of ground to cover since we don't even know a general location" steel said add he took flight and looked around"i say we start by fun around the edge of canterlot and work our way out what so you think frost "