Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dark Sides

DashieHeart

Moon Beam looked up into the tree tops in just enough time to see a small bird, probably a blue jay, lighting down onto a branch. She smiled, admiring the birds colors. "You must be a boy. You have very pretty feathers." she said out loud. The bird cocked it's head, and hopped a long the branch. "Too bad I have to stain those pretty feathers." she said, glaring at the bird. She quickly kicked off of the ground, immediately beginning to fly as fast as she could. She let the force carry her as she let her wings fall to her sides and she kicked off of a branch with all of her strength. She passed the branch with the bird, causing it to fly through the treetops. She quickly flapped her wings once, giving her a bit more speed. She began doing flips and tricks as she went higher and higher. She reached the tops of the trees and could now see Canterlot. She smiled as she spun, overlooking the forest and the horizon. Suddenly, her expression changed as she began to fall. She quickly flapped her wings once, causing her to go up a little bit. She faced back down towards the forest, spotted the little bird and quickly launched the dagger at it. She heard a small, broken chirp, then lots cracking as the dagger made its way through the many branches. Soon, she heard a thud, and smiled. Moon Beam made her way back down to the ground and found the dagger with the small bird still around it. She pulled the dagger out of the ground and pushed the bird off. "I'm sorry little bird. I just needed some practice." she said as she laid it down in the grass gently. She cleaned the dagger and made her way back to Canterlot. She smiled in content as she trotted towards the city's outskirts.

Frost shrugged still spinning his new blade. "I figured she would be with you of all places, I dosent seem in her nature to just run off, so that can be crossed off the possibilities list." he said not looking away from the horizon. He turned his head a bit when Steel proposed their search plans. "Seems fine to me, she did mention something about wanting to train more, if im not mistakin, but that sounds like a good plan to me, givin the fact that I don't have the want or the time to come up with a plan of my own." he said, standing and putting his new, white dagger in one of his extra knife sheaths on his saddle bags. "Well if she did go to train she well most likely be in an open area, or for any reason at that, she doesnt seem like the type of pony who would just stroll through dense woods alone, even if it is morning." he mumbled the last part as his cains and knives came out once again. He slump them forward the chains growing longer as they appeared out of his arm. The chains wrapped around two trees as Frost looked at Steel. "Let's go." he said, retracting the chains, causing him to launch forward into the woods.

Steel took fight and pulled his daggers out just in case they ran into some trouble, he flew and searched they had almost completed a full lap and was about to head deeper in the jungle when steel spotted moonbeam "hey frost there she is"steel called before diving and landing next to her "hey moonbeam what's going on" steel said with a smile "and before I forget"steel reached into his bag and pulled out the silver dagger in a night black sheath, he pulled the dagger out of the sheath to show moonbeam the engraving that had been filled with obsidian "this is for you I made it last night while you was asleep on my back"steel says handing her the dagger "now let's get going and talk to the princesses so we'd can get that curse taken care of then we can go and have an adventure hunting down demonblood ask three of us"steel looked at frost "yes you're going to help that us if you want"steel added just in case frost didn't want to help them catch demonblood after this was over

((are you guys fans of anime ))

Moon Beam continued jogging through the woods back to Canterlot until suddenly, Steel landed next to her. She jumped, a bit surprised by his sudden appearance. "Thanks for the heart attack.." she muttered. She looked at Steel as he greeted her, and he was smiling. She wasn't very happy at the moment, but she couldn't help but smile back. Then, Steel pulled out a dagger in a black sheath. He took the dagger out of the sheath and showed her the engraving on it. She smiled as he gave her the dagger. "Thank you." she said, her eyes still fixed on the blade. "Wow.. This is amazing, how did he do that?" she thought, sliding her hoof over the dagger.

Steel said that they should get going to talk to the princesses, and she looked up at him and put the dagger back into its sheath. "Thatd be a good idea." she said quietly, then looked at her wings. "I wonder if taking the curse away will take my powers away..." Moon Beam thought as she inspected the blades on her wings. When he said that after her curse is taken care of, the three of them should hunt down demon blood together, she looked at Frost, and smiled slightly. "You know, that actually sounds like fun." she thought as the smile on her face grew. She looked down, wondering what it would be like to fight demon blood alongside Steel and Frost. "Hmm.. Would sure be something to remember." she thought, letting out a small laugh.

"Well, if we are ever going to get anywhere, we should probably get going. Oh, and sorry I didn't leave a note or anything when I left. I was sort of excited to get some good training in." she said, twirling her white dagger with her hoof. "Oh, one more thing, do you think you have anything I can keep these in?" Moon Beam asked Steel as she held up the two daggers.

Frost swing through the trees, following behind Steel, when he reached the clearing for a path he saw Steel standing and talking with Moon Beam, he landed as Steel finished his statement on wether Frost was going to stay, Frost nodded slightly. "I swore an oath to my teacher that I would finish what I started, no matter the size, nor magnitude of the problem at hoof." he said in a soft, serious tone. He turned his head when Moon Beam started talking about the lifting of her curse, he was a unicorn, but that caliber of magic was out of his understanding. When she brought up the topic of all three of them hunting down demon blood he gave a slight smile. His smile dissipated when she mentioned that they should probably get going. "If we intend on staying in Vanterlot for the night, I must retrieve a few things from an old friend once we are done with this curse situation, or I can leave that to you two and get my things while it is going on, killing two birds with one stone." he suggested, pulling out his special pope and lit it with fire magic, he let out a puff of smoke before saying, "Shall we?" he began to walk towards Canterlot

"i used a few tools to make it"steel answered, steelwatched moonbeam study her wings he sat there quietly any when moonbeam asked for dinner sheaths he began to dig in his bag after a few minutes he pulled out two"here"steel said as he listened to frost "we could do that and then meet up a my place or somewhere else but if we split up we need to have a plan on where we will meet up at"steel said to frost then he turned to moonbeam he gave he a quick kiss on the check while frost wasn't looking then said "what do you think moonbeam split up and meet at my place later or stick together" steel didn't care either way as long as he was with moonbeam he'd be happy -more alone time with moonbeam would be nice but then again if something happens it would be nice to have frost around-steel thought-well i summercare what happens just don't forget about our deal steel because you know I won't forget it-spawn thought -can you just shut up i remember the deal now I just want some peace in my head I'dlike to think with out you interjecting -steel thought

When Steel kissed her on the cheek when Frost wasn't looking, Moon Beam kind of rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but smile. She put the daggers in the sheaths he had given her, and when he asked if she wanted the three of them to go to the castle together or split up, she looked at Frost. It would be nice to go all together, but splitting up would save some time. She looked at Steel, then back at Frost. "Uuh, well Frost doesn't need to come to the castle with us, but he does need to go see his friend. I guess we should split up for a little while." she said, looking at Steel. "Should we get some stuff for the trip before we leave? And do you think we will end up traveling through the night?" she asked, looking up at the sky. It looked like it was about noon time, and she didn't know how long it would take to get to the castle. However, if the trip did go into the night, she would have to be careful, since the moon powered her curse. She sighed as her thoughts wandered. She looked at the ground as her mind raced from one thing to another.

Frost smirked, "Well its setteled then, we'll split up. I'll meet you guys in the court yard of the castle in two hours!" he said as he latched on to another tree and sling shorted him self into the forest. "Well, splitting up probably wasn't my best idea, but it will have to do for now." he said as he released the tree and launched himself over Canterlot looking for his old friends, weapon shop. "Where are you yah little--AH!" he exclaimed as he spotted the sight he was looking for. He teleported himself to the ground right outside the door to the shop. He knocked and waited paciently. He looked up when somepony came to the door.

"I'm sorry we're closed for the night." he said opening the door slightly.

Frost grunted. "Come on Jaeger, for an old friend.?" he asked.

The door opened and the stallion looked up at Frost. "F-frost?! Is that really you?!" he asked in an almost worried tone. "Yes it's me. I was coming through town and needed my old weapons, if you still have them that is." he asked stepping inside the shop and looked around. Jaeger closed the door and locked it. "Of course I still have them, they haven't left the shop. It's kinda hard for them to do that given their current state." he said letting out a chuckle. "If you want them back you would be breaking the law you know that right?" he asked as Frost turned his head. "Fine, then just give me the Eye of the Monk, that's all I will really need." he said with a smirk. Jaeger shrugged as he grabbed an iron prod from one of his cabinets and moved it into the fire. "Your sure you want this? We failed many a time trying to get this on you."

"Yes."

"I don't think so it should only take about a hour to get to the castle"steel said then liked at the sun it was noon they had about seven hours before night fall"so Frost you go see your friend and we'll go to the castle, and when we finish we'll meet at the court yard"steel took fight "alight let's get going we're burning day light" steel noticed moonbeam was looking at the ground "hey what's wrong were going to get your curse taken care of you should be happy" steel said then out his foreleg around her "cheer up and relax after this we should celebrate"steel said with a smile he was trying to get moonbeam to cheer up he didn't like it when she wasn't happy, before anypony could answer steel heard moment in the woods and his ear twitched as he found the direction of the sound wherever it was it was as big as a pony and it could be one steel didn't know but he didn't worry about it since it sounded like it was headed away from them steel kissed moonbeam the headed toward the castle

(,(man it took a while to write this post then idadto edit))

Edited by dashian500

When Steel said that they wouldn't be traveling into the night, she let out a large sigh of relief. However, she was still worried that getting rid of the curse would affect her powers. Her whole life, all she had known was her powers. If they were taken away now, she wouldn't know what to do. Her thoughts were broken when Steel asked her what was wrong, then said that her curse was going was to be taken care of and she should be happy. He told her to cheer up and relax and that they should celebrate after her curse is lifted. She looked up at him, and half smiled. "Yeah but, what if taking away the curse also takes away my powers? I've always had my powers, I'd be lost without them." she said, as her smile disappeared. Then, she thought about a life without a curse. She had also gone her whole life with that curse, and everything would be so much better without it. She sighed, then began to fly. "Well, I'd we are going to make it to the castle, we should get going now. I dont want to risk traveling into the night." she said with a bit of sterness in her voice. She waited for Steel to go first, since he was the only one of the two who knew how to get to the castle.

Steel stopped smiling "that could happen but you have to decide if it's worth it"steel said as he took flight "it's something only you can decide"steel kissed moonbeam "this way"steel said as he headed to the castle "iv made choices in my life that have changed me and I gave had to live with whatever happened and usually it was not taking control of spawn that caused the problems, moonbeam you need to be sure that this is what you want no matter the price"steel said then he went quiet so moonbeam could think and decide even if she choose to keep the curse they still needed to go to the courtyard so he flew thankful that spawn very had been quiet

-steel it was you that allowed me to be free so anything that happened because of that is your fault not mine-spawn thought steel clenched he his jaw -spawn you are the one that killed for no reason you are the one that banished ponies to hell because you was board and yes I know I could have tired to control you but i didn't so it's our fault-steel thought

Moon Beam listened to Steel quietly as he talked. When he finished, she sighed. "He's right... But, if I get rid of the curse and it takes away my powers, nothing will be the same. Wait.. My inner power." she thought. She stopped mid-flight, and looked at Steel. "My inner power!" she exclaimed. She flew quickly to catch up with Steel, and smiled happily. "You remember how I told you about how everypony has an inner power, right? Well, you can't take away a ponies inner power, ever. You can weaken it, and you can go so far as to weaken it to the point where it is almost gone, but you can never take it away. If my inner power is weakened, I can regain it, even if it is almost gone. It will take a while, and it might not be the same, but I will have it." she was smiling widely, and she couldn't stop smiling. Knowing that she would still have her powers after the curse was gone made her happy, very happy. "So, if my powers are weakened, youll help me train, right? Oh! And before I forget," she said, taking the flower from behind her ear and handing it to him. "take this. Keep it safe, it holds some of my power and it can help me after the curse is taken away." When she looked at Steel, he looked upset. She flew in front of him to stop him. "Hey, whats wrong?" she asked as she looked into his eyes.

Steel forced a smile even moonbeam said she would still have her power "of course I'll help you train"steel said then looked at the flower "i don't have anything with that could keep it safe" when moonbeam flew in front of him he stopped and when she asked what was wrong he flew under her then up so she was in his back " get comfortable moonbeam" steel said "ever since i was seven I had to deal with spawn and since I was seven I have never been able to do it say anything without him talking or thinking at me up can hear him and he can hear me, it's been a struggle my while life has been a fight with him mentally and physically, he decided to remind me it was my fault he committed mass murder and banished so many to hell, and the truth is he's right I should have been trying to control him now but if i don'the stays quite and I can think in peace and not worry about him"steel kept flying with moonbeam on his back here was happy to be able to tell somepony about he's problem "he's never going to stop "steel said so quietly it was almost awhisper

Moon Beam listened as Steel told her about Spawn and how he has had to live with him since he was seven. When he finished, she looked at him. She heard him whisper something, but she didn't know what. She sighed. She didn't know what to tell him. For a while, the only sound was the flapping of Steel's wings as he flew on. Finally, Moon Beam spoke to Steel in a soft, caring tone. "I know it must be tough." she paused and began to fly. She came in front of home once again to stop him. "But you are strong, Steel. You've gotten through so much. You can deffinetly get through Spawn." she said, as she smiled. "Just, don't think about it though. Come on, we have a little less than an hour until we get to the castle. Let's make this trip a little fun." she kissed him on the cheek. She then yelled, "Ooh! Let's race to that cloud!" she yelled eagerly as she pointed to one of the clouds in the sky and flew to his side. "Ready, set, go!" she bellowed as she bolted for the cloud. She was smiling like crazy as she flew towards her target, as happy as a small filly.

Steel was about to reply when she siad she wanted to race when she yelled go he took off after her he was right behind her and was about to kick it up a notch to beat her but decided to let her win -aww look atsteel so nice and kind letting the lady win how sweet-spawn thought mockingly -looks like you need to learn how to be the best again you never key anypony beat you --can't you shut up spawn I just want to enjoy some time with my marefriend ok why don't you go visit singer demons or something and let me have done peace for about an hour-steel thought he kept smiling and he didn't need to force it he was happy that moonbeam wasn't upset anymore -I would trust me I hate all of this sappy love stuff but ican't leave so I'll just stay here and annoy you until you break-spawn thought -shut up I'll never break iv listened to you since I was seven I'll be fine-steel thought as he watched moonbeam land on the cloud he landed a few seconds later "looks like you won "steel saud with a smile then kissed her "that was fun"

Jaeger lead Frost through a door behind the store counter and back into his quarters. Frost stared in awe at the books lining the walls. It was a nice spacious room with, books, a desk and a bed, the proper necessities he believed made up a simple living space, other than a kitchen and toilet of course. Jaeger cleared off his desck and motioned for Frost to lay on it, he did so. While Jaeger looked for the proper spell book, Frost just layed on the table, staring at the ceiling, thinking about what he was doing. "I know this is wrong, but it must be done." he thought as Jaeger peered over him, holding up the book. "You ready?" he asked, Frost nodded. "Alright, let's get this over with, close your eye Frost." he muttered, Frost closed his left eye as Jaeger layed a cloth over it and lightly pressed nown with the iron prod that had a symbol engraved on the giving end. Jaeger began to read the spell from the book in thought, making his horn glow along with the prod itself. Frost began to feel the pain strike him in the back of the head and run down his back, he slammed his hoof on the table. Jaeger continued reading for another few seconds before stopping and pulling the prod away,

"Now lets see the results."

As Moon Beam landed on the cloud, she looked back at Steel. He landed almost right after she did. "Looks like you won." he said. She smiled and giggled. When he kissed her, she blushed. "I haven't raced with anyone like that since I was a filly." she said as she laughed and hopped up and down. "Well, before we get too off task, we should keep going." she motioned with her head for them to go, and she began flying again. She began doing flips and tricks and twirling as she flew, and was giggling the whole time.

"So uh, about how far do think we will have to go till we get there?" Moon Beam asked after a while. She kept twirling and doing flips as she flew. She would occasionally put her forelegs by her sides, fold her wings, drop a few feet, then open her wings to bring her back up the couple feet she dropped, just like she would do when she was younger. She would giggle excitedly whenever she did a trick perfectly. The whole time, she was smiling widely, having the time of her life. "I haven't had this much fun since I was a filly! This is great!" she thought as she laughed and did a couple back flips.

Steel watched moonbeam as she flipped and had fun he smiled -for once in my life I'm actually glad that demonblood choose me to hunt him down if he hadn't I would have never gone to ponyvile be and I would have never met moonbeam, huh the greatest thing to happen to new came from the worst-steel thought when moonbeam asked about how far they had he said"far enough for us to have a race" steel said with a smile as he flew high into the air "go!"be yelled then took off flying down and towards the castle using gravity to make him go faster he leveled out and kept flying at high speed he could see the castle in the distance he looked back and saw moonbeam flying after him with a big smile in her face he flashed her a smile then turned his head in time to see the tree that he crashed into he flipped and Hit another and he tried to right his path but Hut yet another tree he was flying to fast time correct his path and ended up falling he Hit several branches before hitting the ground with a loud thud

Moon Beam was off as soon as Steel said "Go!" She saw him look back at her, so she smiled. He smiled, then looked back ahead. She saw him hit a tree and then flip and hit another. He hit one more tree before falling to the ground. She heard the loud thud he made as he hit the ground. "Steel!" she shouted as she immediately began flying as fast as she could to find him. She reached the ground and started searching for him. "Steel!" she yelled once again. There was no answer. "Buck!" she said as she began running around trying to find him. She decided to use a spell to enhance her hearing, in hopes it would help her find Steel. She closed her eyes and focused on her inner magic. Her wings began to glow a fluorescent purple. After a couple seconds, they slowy dulled until the glow was gone. She opened her eyes and exhaled deeply. Moon Beam began walking again, and suddenly, she heard heavy breathing to the right of her. Her ears twitched, and she slowly walked in the direction of the breathing. Suddenly, she knew what the breathing was coming from. She began running as fast as she could through the trees. "Steel!" she yelled, as the breathing sounded closer and closer.

Steel Sat up and began to examine himself for injuries he didn't see any but his head hurt he out his hoof to gotta head when he heard moonbeam yelling for him " moonbeam I'm over here "he yelled "I'm fine just scraps and bruises" steel then thought of the stab wound he lifted his wing out of the way and examined it it had started to bleed again he grabbed a few leaves to wipe the blood away steel hadn't grabbed his bags before looking for moonbeam so he didn't have any water to wash the blood away he looked closely andwas able to see the stitches hadn't come lose he smiled -at least I won't have to worry about that-steel thought as he continued to wipe the blood away being careful so he didn't tear the stitches he hadn't noticed the blood that was had began to drip from now his nose

((Sorry it took so long to reply my plan feel flat but I think i can fix it so hopefully I'll be able to post again soon oh and I bought a derpy bow tie but the eyes are the wrong color :( and the bracelet I bought it's supposed to have the mane six but it's missing aj ))

As Moon Beam neared Steel, she saw the blood coming from his side. She remembered how he had transferred her wound to him. "Steel! For the love of Celestia!" she yelled as she ran to him. She sat down and moved his hooves so that she could see the wound. "You idiot." she muttered angrily. She could see the stitches were fine, and she sighed in relief. However, he was bleeding quite a bit. She put both her hooves on the wound and closed her eyes. She relaxed and focused herself. Her hooves began to glow, and the glow moved from her hooves to the wound on Steel's side. She couldn't make it go away, but she could stop the bleeding and heal it a bit. She closed her eyes tightly and clenched her jaw, focusing all her energy and power on the wound. Suddenly, the glowing stopped and Moon Beam opened her eyes. She dropped her hooves to reveal the wound, which had stopped bleeding. To her surprise, she had healed it pretty well. She looked at Steel and smiled, then kissed him on the cheek. She used her magic to clean the blood off of the both of them, then got up. "You ready?" she asked, still smiling widely.

Steel smiled "for one I said I was fine for two I'm nit an idiot, I was distracted" steel said he gave her a long kiss then reached in a pouch and pulled out a small needle and injected himself around the wound he folded his wings and r was hidden from sight "outta sight outta mind" steel said "how about we walk the last two or three miles I'm not feeling the flying right now" he tossed the needle to the side he pulled out his his dagger to make sure it hadn't been bent during the fall as he was looking at it he saw tue steady stream of blood coming form his nose,he put the knife away since it was fine "hey moonbeam watch this" steel said as he allowed spawns hell fire to show instantly it began to travel most went to his nose to transfer the injury to a demon while the other wet for the wound but images of covering it it made a pentagram once the fire left his muzzle clean and blood free but the fire stayed around the wound on his side he unfolded his wing to revel it to moonbeam he want going o explain if she didn't ask

Moon Beam's eyes widened when the fire appeared on Steel's hooves. She backed up a bit, but when the fire began to travel, she stopped. Now, she was more confused than scared. She watched as some fire moved up to his nose and the rest went to his side where the wound had been. Once the fire was gone, Steel lifted his wing to reveal where the wound had been. Moon Beam's eyes widened once again, but instead of backing away, she came closer to get a better look. She squinted her eyes, and her ears layed back. She sat down, then looked at Steel, still extremely confused. "Should, I even ask?" she said quietly, shaking her head slightly. She softly chuckled to herself. "I guess I shouldn't even be surprised anymore. You're just full of new, weird things, and you pick the most random times to show me." she said, still laughing. She looked in the direction of the castle, then back at Steel. "Well, I suppose you're going to explain to me what you just did, and I would prefer if you did. But we should get going, so how about you explain it on the way." she said as she motioned with her head towards the castle, then stood up and looked at Steel.

((the wound on his side is still there with the fire formIng a pentagram around it))

Steel smiled "yea I have spawn to thank for most if my tricks"steel said as he began to walk " what I just did was a wound transfer with a demon, the hell fire is what allows it I did the same thing for you only I was receiving tge wound not a demon I have no choice if I use tge wound transfer on another pony the wound goes to me and I knew that when I took your wound" steel looked at his side the pentagram was still there it would be gone on a hour he kept his wings open as he walked beside moonbeam spawn laughed in steels head -did you forget that you can only transfer a wound once steel, you must have you wouldn't waste time messing with a bloody nose-spawn thought -no spawn I didn't forget I decided it was best that moonbeam know how I do the wound transfer and why I havnt dine it to myself to get rid if the stab wound in my side- spawn was quite fir a few moments -so when am I getting control steel because I vote for tonight-spawn thought - -when I say you can now shut it-steel thought

Frost sat up from the table, he looked at Jaeger who had on a straight face. Jaeger nodded slowly. "The results are better than I had first expected, given my working conditions." he said looking around at the room, then to his tools. He reached behind Frost and held up a mirror. Frost stared at his new mark on his eye..

The mark had a tribal look to it, starting above his eyebrow and running down to his cheek. The only effect it had made on Frost was turning his pupil white, as well as a little blood seeping from his tear ducts.

Frost smiled and shook Jaegers hoof. "Thank you old friend, I wish I could stay a while longer, but I have work elsewhere." he said as he walked out the door waving back at Jaeger as he headed for the palace ahead of schedule. Jaeger called after him. "Frost! Be careful with that magic! It will more than likely be unstable for a few days! Anything is possible! KEEP IT COVERED!" he yelled so Frost could hear. Frost noddedand pulled a rag from his bag and tied it as to cover his eye. Although blood was still visible as it ran down his face.