Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dark Sides

DashieHeart

Luna smiled sympathetically "I wish I knew more but I don't just respect nature as you travel he shouldn't try to kill you if you do and yes that's the only way to him" Luna said she pulled out a green crystal "wen you seen him or are being attacked give him these or hold it up" Luna put it into steels bag

Steel smiled at moonbeam "okay let's do this "steel said he looked at Luna "while respecting nature" steel rolled his eyes he would prefer to just use a knife and cut his way through the everfree but that wouldn't happen since he had to respect nature -ill do anything to get rid of your curse I swear even if I have to die to do it- steel thought spawn was strangely inactive staying quite but always listening to what was happening

Luna nodded "is there anything else you need maybe weapons or a place to stay tonight or something to eat" Luna offered

Steel shook his head "I'm fine but I any speak for midnight or frost" steel said

Luna looked at them waiting for them to answer thinking about the curse and how Leif was doing

• 3 weeks later...

Moon Beam looked up and noticed Luna looking back at her. After a few seconds, she realized that the princess was waiting for an answer. "Oh, uhm.." she said quickly, not wanting to keep her waiting. "Uh, I'm fine as well." Moon Beam said slowly, recomposing herself. She smiled at Luna. "But, thanks anyway." she added.

Moon Beam then looked to Frost, waiting for him to say answer, too. As she looked at him, she noticed he looked pretty suspicious, with the eye patch covered in blood and all... She wondered what Leif's reaction to seeing him like that. As she thought, her eyes fell to look at the floor and she had a sort of look of anger, deep thought, and almost disappointment on her face. She didn't seem to notice her facial expression as she stood there, looking at the floor and playing the scene of Leif's reaction to Frost. 

"Hello. We are here to ask you about your curse." says Frost.

"Uhm, what's with your eye patch?" says Leif cautiously.

"Oh nothing, I'm just really big on like weird, scary, black magic." says Frost casually.

"Oh okay then! Come on in! Ask me anything you'd like, creepy stranger!" says Leif.

Moon Beam snickered softly at the little scene she made up, pretty amused by what she had thought of. Suddenly, she looked up, remembering the princess and Frost and Steel were standing there. She simply smiled, and laughed a bit at herself.

Steel looked at midnight confused by her snickering "ummm moonbeam what's up" steel asked

Luna had been watching the whole time and when moonbeam seemed upset she was about to ask her what troubled her when she snickered Luna became very confused she looked to steel as he asked she nodded in agreement "yes moonbeam why are you laughing you seemed upset only moments ago" Luna asked

Steel looked to Luna them back to midnight wondering what Luna was talking about moonbeam didn't seem upset to him then out if nowhere steel doubled over in pain and he could hear evil laughing filling his head spawn was gaining strength and was punishing steel -you think you can stop me steel you are nothin just a worm compared to me I will take your soul and your body and them I'll destroy this world and moonbeam along with everything you care bout- spawn thought steel couldn't do anything but lay there in immense pain as spawn showed his strength to steel steel hadn't known apawn could hurt him like this

Moon Beam looked at Luna when she asked about her laughing. She smiled slightly, and giggled yet again. Glancing at Steel, then lookng back to Luna, she began to explain why she had laughed. "Well, I was thinking about Leif's reaction to Mr. Eyepatch over here and-" she was suddenly interrupted by Steel's actions. She jumped back, one hoof up in surprise. She stared at him, shock and worry in her eyes. "Steel! What's wrong?" she asked, not daring to step any closer to him.

Moon Beam quickly looked at Luna, wondering if she would know what to do. "I mean, she is the princess. Obviously she could do something. Couldn't she?" she thought as she looked at Luna. The way she was staring at her made it seem as if she were silently asking her if she knew what to do, pleading with her to help Steel.

Suddenly, Moon Beam realized what was happening to him. "Spawn? Could that be him doing this? It has to be..." she thought, looking back at Steel. This time, she didn't look at him with worry, but she almost had a look of defeat and dissapointment on her face. She knew her strength was nothing compared to Spawn. Moon Beam's head dropped to face the floor as she thought. "There must be something we can do! I mean, Spawn isen't exactly untouchable..."

Moon Beam looked back at Steel, more angry now than anything. The longer she looked at him, and knew she couldn't do anything about what was hapening to him, she got even more angry. Slowly, her eyes began to glow a flourescent purple. The glow got brighter and more intense the angrier she got. Then, everything got hazy to her and she couldn't tell what was going on. Next thing she knew, it was like she had fainted, or passed out. However, even though she thought that she was asleep, her body kept standing, and her eyes kept glowing, and she got even more mad at what Spawn was doing to Steel. Soon, the whole room was covered in an intense, flourescent purple glow, and Moon Beam was the source.

Luna looked at steel and moonbeam "spawn and the curse glaring at once this isn't good" she said she cast a spell and entered steels mind easing his pain and soon spawn stopped

Steel slowly stood looking at moonbeam "moonbeam calm down" steel said trying to calm her

Luna didn't know what to do about moonbeam she hoped steel could help her

Steel hugged moonbeam and kissed her softly speaking to her "baby you need to calm down don't let this curse beat you moonbeam you stronger then it you can overcome this" steel kissed her nothing seemed to be working he was running out ideas

Luna watched helplessly trying to think of something anything someway to help moonbeam she cast a protection spell on the on everypony including moonbeam in case something happened and she lost control Nd started attacking them

The guards seen the glow coming form the throne room and ruses inside to see what was happening they ruses to Luna's side and stood in defensive positions just in case they where very tense

Even though Moon Beam was pretty much unconcious, she could still hear Steel's voice. It was soft and qiuet, almost inaudible, yet the words were very clear to her. "Steel! Steel, you're okay! I can't do anything about the curse! It's taking over! Steel!" she tried to yell to him, but it didn't turn out to be anything more than thoughts. "Ugh, damn! I can't even talk. Maybe if I tried hard enough..." she thought.

Moon Beam began struggling, trying to wake herself up, trying to take control of her body again. However, all she was able to do was regain her senses and she could tell what was going on around her. She could see the princess, and the guards defending her. She saw Steel, and Frost, and the purple glow that covered the room. "Where is that coming from?" she thought, looking at the room. Suddenly, she put the pieces together, and it came to her. "Oh.. It's me..." she thought. 

Moon Beam glanced at Steel, and remembered what Spawn had done, and why she was acting this way. As she thought about Spawn and what he did, she began to gain more control of her body. She became more alert, and could now move her legs, and turn her head. Finally, she had full control of her body again. 

However, even though she had control of her body, her eyes continued to glow, and so did her hooves. Her wings were flapping slowly, just fast enough to keep her hovering above the floor. 

"I'm so sorry, Luna. I don't exactly understand my actions, but I mostly know what's going on and why. As you could probably tell, this is my curse. When I had gotten mad at Spawn, my curse decided to take over and help me, I guess. Also, since I know that I can't fight Spawn by myself, my curse needed to protect me. In order to protect me, it needed me to not get in the way, so it caused me to become unconcious. It took over my entire body. However, even though I now have control of my body again, my curse still feels as if it needs to protect me," she paused to look down at her hooves, "which is why my eyes and hooves are still glowing." she finished her explanation, then quickly glanced down at the gaurds, eyeing them. She then looked to Steel, and smiled. "Thank you, for helping me do this. Without you, my curse would've gone out of control by now." 

Suddenly, she remembered Spawn, and almost snarled in anger. She looked deep into Steel's eyes, as if she were trying to see if she could find Spawn in them. Her eyes began to glow even more, but this time, instead of the curse controling her, she took control of the curse, and began using it to her advantage.

Luna nodded and dismissed the guards "I understand if you can do magic the best thing you can do to help him combat spawn is to take away what ever spawn is using against him this time it was pain" Luna said

Steel hugged her tight and as she looked into his eyes he kissed her "relax moonbeam I've got him" steel said reassuringly he didn't want her to have any more problems with her curse "let's go meet that Leif guy and find out more about your curse even if he still has it and there is no way to rid you of it he still may be able to teach you how to control it better"

Luna smiled at them "alright waste no more time I want to hear more about how you two met and all when you get back be sure to come back in one piece steel you have a history of coming back with wounds that make scars" Luna said "no go you and take mr silent eyepatch with you he hasn't said a word and honestly his silence bugs me"

The guards nodded and left when they where dismissed but they where still tense and ready In case something happened

• Brohoof 1

Frost stayed the same that he had for the whole time he had been there. Even if he wasn't liking the events that were unfolding before him he knew there was nothing he could really do, he did want to help, but couldn't, trying would just get in the way. His eye instead turned to Luna. He wasn't sure whether she actually remembered him or not, it was starting to piss him off slightly, typical for Luna to not pay attention to the past. He stayed still until they were later on dismissed. He turned to leave but right as he got to the door Luna's next comment, regarding to him as Mr. Eyepatch sent him over the edge. He turned to face her and slowly began to remove the wrappings over his right eye. "Mr. Eyepatch eh? Do you not remember me, or are you just refusing to call me by my true name?I must say Luna, this bandage doesn't help much, but I figured you would be able to recognize your own student." He said as the bandage fell to the floor. Showing all who could clearly see him, that there was a tribal looking tattoo surrounding his eye. He slowly opened it to show that his eye was now just a plain misty looking white, no other colors or shades were present. "I know you recognize this magic. Body-Link, after all, your the one who helped create it correct? And the one who outlawed it. After you gave me these of course." He said extending his hooves to show his chain markings.

Moon Beam calmed down when Steel said he had Spawn under control, and the glow from her eyes and hooves softened, but didn't go away completely. She smiled at him, and nodded. 

When Luna told them that they should get going, Moon Beam turned towards the door and slowly made her way out of the room. Then, when Frost began to get mad at Luna for not recognizing him, she stopped and turned to look at him. She raised an eyebrow, and tilted her head slightly. "I knew he had anger issues but wow, Frost." she thought. 

When Frost dropped the bandage from his eye and revealed the marking under it, Moon Beam's eyes widened. "Woah.." she said softly, "That's so cool.." 

She turned to Luna as Frost mentioned "Body-Link", and gave her a questioning look. She looked back to Frost as he extended his hooves to show the chain markings on them. She stared at the markings for a while, thinking about how Luna could have done that. Then, she looked up at Frost with a look of confusion and wonder on her face. She looked over his face, her eyes resting on his white one. Moon Beam studied the tattoo, also. "Is that what he did while we were on our way here?" she thought. She looked at Steel, wondering if he was thinking the same thing. 

Steel was interested In what Luna would have to say he liked at frost -interesting he dose realize he just openly admited to breaking the law right- steel thought

Luna looked at frost "so now you decide to talk frost after I have dismissed you" Luna said "I didn't say anything to you because you didn't seem like you wanted to talk and yes I know the magic and since the magic was outlawed and that is fresh I could very easily lock you in the dungeon" Luna looked to steel for a moment

Steel was watching both of them very interested

"So what have you to say on your defense not only have you broken my law but you have also flaunted it in my face this can't go unpunished frost"

Steel was surprised -she's going to punish him I wonder what she'll do for his punishment-steel thought he likes at Luna she was not amused by frosts outburst especially since he so openly admitted to breaking the law -he had to have known I Would punish him- Luna thought -even though he was my student he's not above the law no pony is-

Frost smirked at Luna, he knew that she had used body link magic on herself, she could just as easily be arrested, but he knew she would find someway to twist the law. "Well, it's nice to see you again too Luna I've been good thanks for asking!" He muttered sarcastically. "You are a pony of the law and I respect that, I know that you are willing to throw your top student in prison. But you know very well what I'm capable of." He said with a stern look, he would not hurt her or any pony innocent and she knew it. "You know very well i won't fight, but you know as well as I do you have the same magic I do on your own skin, I will not be thrown in prison for something my teacher who outlawed it has taken part in." He almost growled. "This tattoo on my eye is class Z Body-Link magic, you wouldn't be able to locate me as soon as I left this room. I want you to at least pardon me this once....for old time sake." He said with a friendly smile, one Luna had seen on his face since the time he was a foal. If things went south he would run, but he hoped that there was still a sliver of a rule breaker in his teacher from the old days.

Luna smiled "fine but just so you know one of my elite has been with you" Luna said pointing to steel

Steel waved at frost "yep" steel said

"So don't think that I can't find you I cast a spell on steel long ago that linked our minds I can see what he sees and hear what he hears" Luna walked over to him and have him a hug "and if I was so compelled I would throw you in prison for it" Luna whispered "but I'm not so relax"

Steel watched he was ready to get going he felt a dull ache for. The stab wound he had taken firm moonbeam he couldn't get rid of it but he didn't mind he had saved moonbeam the pain of it

Spawn who was know very weak because of his little show of power and Luna's interference grumbled inwardly so steel shouldn't hear it he was planning to save his energy and cause Leif to harm and hopefully kill them he smiled because he had learned how to block steel from his mind adm wouldn't have to worry about steel finding out about his plans or anything he didn't want steel to know

Luna broke the hug "better frost" Luna asked

Frost looked to Steel and gave a cold glance, he turned his attention back to Luna and nodded, "I figured Steel was with you, he seems like your type of warrior." He said with a chuckle. The next thing he felt was Luna's warm embrace, causing his eyes yo widen slightly and become stiff. He couldn't remember how long it had been since he had hugged Luna, maybe when he was 10, 13 maybe? He didn't care though. After that brief moment of hesitation he slowly hugged her back, staying silent once more as she spoke. When she broke the hug and asked him whether he felt better or not he nodded. "Yeah....yeah I'm a lot better Luna....thank you." He said as looked at his friends smiling, a tear of blood running down his cheek, coming from his new eye. "Alright then, let's go. I'm not sure exactly where we are going or why but you can explain that on the way I suppose. He took a step forward to leave, he stopped and turned back to Luna one last time. "I'll be back to catch up with you when this is all over." He said giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and a wink. "Don't go anywhere." He said as he turned and walked out of her room and back to the courtyard to wait for his friends.

((Frost has feelings for Luna! *gasp*))

Moon Beam watched in silence, not wanting to say anything in fear someone would get mad at her. She simply hovered above the floor, flapping her wings slowly, watching Luna and Frost go back and forth. When Luna walked up to Frost and hugged him, Moon Beam smiled. She watched Frost's eyes widen as he stood there, pretty much frozen, then slowly hug Luna back. She smiled even wider. Moon Beam looked at Steel, wondering what he thought about what just happened. 

Then, when Frost was ready to go, she was about to turn and fly out the door. However, she stopped and watched Frost as he kissed Luna on the cheek and winked at her. Moon Beam's mouth slightly fell open, and she watched him walk out of the room. She glanced at Luna, then quickly looked at Steel. She expected to see him either surprised and frozen, or really angry, since he didnt like Frost, and he has known Luna for a long time and is her elite. 

Either way, she was extremely shocked and didnt really know what to do. Again, she looked to Luna, wondering what her reaction was.

Luna was shocked and couldn't help it she blushed as frost walked out

Steel had an eyebrow raised "so Luna you and frost... I would have never guessed it" steel said

Luna looked at him"ste-"

"Save it Luna I know keep him safe and bring him back on one piece" steel interrupted

Luna used her magic to grab him "no that is not what I want I want you to get this mission done and to never speak of what just happened have I made myself clear" Luna growled

Steel nodded "yes ma'am " steel said sounding like a soldier

Luna nodded "dismissed" she let her magical grip go

Steel took flight and dive bombed Luna catching her in a hug and quickly flew out before she could get him laughing the whole time

Luna couldn't be mad at steel and laughed as he flew out "good luck moonbeam remember deep in the everfree is where you'll find Leif be sure to respect nature otherwise he may kill you" Luna said as she got into her throne "oh and one more thing" Luna said as she used her magic to grab a large burlap sack "give this to steel and this" Luna handed her the sack and a long item wrapped in burlap

Moon Beam took the items from Luna and nodded. "Yes ma'am." she said, giggling. She was about to leave, but then turned to look at Luna and smiled. "Thank you for your help, by the way." she said, then lifted off the ground and began flying towards the courtyard. 

Once she reached the courtyard, she looked around and immediately saw Frost and Steel, waiting for her. "Wait.." she thought. She flew out a bit more, then turned around. She looked up at the castle she had just emerged from. Her mouth fell open, and soon a captivated smile formed on her face. 

Her eyes slowly studied the beautiful architecture and design of the structure. "Wow.." she thought. "After all of this curse stuff is done I'll have to come back here and check the whole place out." 

Moon Beam turned back towards Steel and Frost, then began flying towards them. "Hey!" she said cheerfully as she lighted down near them. "Oh, and here, Steel. Luna wanted me to give this to you." she said, giving him the burlap sack and the other item wrapped in fabric. "But uh, are we ready to start this adventure?" Moon Beam said with a smile, laughing a bit nervously as she spoke.

"Your welcome moonbeam" Luna said as moonbeam flew out

Steel had walked out before moonbeam and followed frost out into the courtyard He turned and watched moonbeam fly out and admire the castle when she flew down she handed him the burlap sake and item he looked at it "it can't be" steel muttered looking at the items "she couldn't have kept these" steel carefully in wrapped the item revealing a sword that looked kinda like a chain it was made out of a dark metal and gave off a dark aura steel shrugged "demonsbane" steel whispered looking at the blade he sat it down and looked into the sack and seen stark black armor "she did keep it all of it but why" steel whispered obviously troubled "why should she give this to me now it makes no sense at all I can't control these let alone spawn... Does she think I'll need them" steel had so many questions and wanted to go back and ask Luna but he had been formally dismissed so he couldn't so he just sat there starting at the armor and blade he slowly pulled out each piece of the armor and laid it out

Moon Beam looked at Steel when she heard him mumble something. "Wha-" she began, but suddenly stopped talking as soon as she saw the sword. She looked at it with wonder. "Wow. That looks so amazing.. Dang, Luna." she thought as she watched Steel put the sword down and open the burlap sack. She tried to peer in to see what was inside, and saw a glint of dark looking light come off of whatever was inside. She backed up and lifted her hoof in the air in surprise. Her eyebrow lifted in confusion, and she thought about looking back into the bag, but decided against it. 

Instead, she looked up at Steel. She watched his face as he pulled out the items from the burlap sack. She glanced down and saw the black armor he laid out on the ground. Moon Beam stared at the armor, and her eye widened a bit. "What... Uhm, what is... that?" she managed to ask shakily. She looked at Steel with a slight look of concern on her face, and pointed at the armor and the sword. 

She quickly glanced at Frost, wondering what his reaction to this was. Knowing him, he would probably be looking at the armor and sword with an unimpressed look, not very interested in them.

Steel shuddered "something I wish she would have kept" steel said looking at the armor and sword you could see the uncertainty on his face he wouldn't look up at moonbeam he shuddered again "they're my old sword and armor or to be honest spawns armor and sword it's practically bathed in demonic energy" steel Said -why would she send this to me now she just seen I still can't control spawn what would posses her to send me this stuff... Why send it to me by moonbeam.. She must have known I would never have taken it otherwise- steel thought

Steel heard spawns laughter in his head - my my aren't they pretty such beautiful armor oh how I've missed my armor-spawn thought

Steel put it all back into the bag and wrapped the sword back up -you'll never get to use your armor as long as I live, I won't give you that power you won't destroy my life or me and you won't cause chaos to befall the world I won't allow it- steel thought spawn only laughed at steel "let's get going" steel said leaving the armor and sword on the ground

Frost stared at the armor that layed on the ground in front of the three of them. He just stared, the craftsmanship was actually rather divine and interesting to the eye. Yet he really could care less, he did nit like armor, he figured it could save a life, but if a pony was a true warrior he would not need to hide behind plates of metal. He just rubbed his eye taking away the drops of blood that had been left behind. All he could think about was Luna. Why the buck did you do that Frost....what the buck! he thought angrily, but he remembered her blush, and her outburst to Steel. Maybe she did have feelings as well, but all he could do was hope. He shook his head, realizing he had been staring of into space without knowing it, feeling the heat from a large blush across his face, the mist in his eye turn bright red, show casing the emotion of embarrassment. I forgot this mark did that... he thought with a frown as his eye went back to white quickly. "Let's....let's just get moving...before I kill something." He mumbled the last part trying to maintain his dark attitude

Moon Beam watched Steel walk away, then looked down to the armor and sword he left behind. She was about to ask why he wasn't taking it, but decided not to, since she would probably either get a very vague explanation or no explanation at all, and maybe a dirty look. So instead, she just stayed quiet. 

Then she turned to Frost when he spoke. She huffed at the last thing he had said. "Great attitude, Frost." she said. But then thought, "That's so like him." 

Moon Beam stood up and went to follow Steel, but when she passed the armor, she got a sort of chill, and shivered. Her eyes flashed purple, and her wings shot open almost viciously. Moon Beam seemed to ignore the flash in her eyes and her wing outburst, and slowly closed her wings as she stared at the armor and sword. "Uuuh.. ya.." she said quietly, then quickly ran up to catch up with Steel.

She ran up to his side and slowed to walk with him. She looked at him and smiled gently, trying to lighten the mood if possible. "So, we are making progress." she said, fluttering her wings a bit and checking them. "What happened with them over there?" she thought, inspecting them carefully. "About how long will this trip take, Steel?" She glanced at him, keeping her head pointed back, as if she were still looking at her wings. 

Steel thought for a moment "well it'll take three days to get to the everfree then at least four to get to this Leif guy probably more" steel said

As steel walked away from the armor it scooted a little and after moonbeam Passed it it scooted again then the fabric tore open and as steel finished his sentence the armor flew at him steel had heard the fabric tear and ducked pulling moonbeam down the armor fell to the ground in front of him and he sighed standing and helping moonbeam up "of course" steel muttered he cursed under his breath -why didn't I think about the spell he cast in it it'll follow me everywhere-steel thought he heard spawn laughing and sighed he picked it up with a heavy sigh and put it in his bag he could feel the evil aura around it if he could just learn to control spawn and the armor he could beat Anypony or thing that tried to hurt him for the most part he began rearranging his bag to accommodate the new items " alright let's go" steel said trying to ignore the evil he was now carrying

Moon Beam opened her mouth to reply to what Steel had said, but before she had a chance to speak, he pulled her down to the ground. She quickly turned to him, with a partly shocked and partly angry expression on her face, her mouth open and her eyes almost glaring at him. Without giving herself time to get mad at what Steel had just done, she looked at the armor and realized what he was actually doing. 

As Steel helped her up, she looked at him almost apologetically. "Uhm, thanks?" she said, looking at the armor that lay before them. After he picked up the armor and was about to leave, she began walking again, then looked at him. "Why?..." Moon Beam didn't bother finishing her sentence, since she figured he already knew that Steel could tell what she was asking.

She stared at him, the question dancing in her eyes. However, even though she was waiting for an answer, she was also trying to find her own. Her thoughts wandered as she thought of an explanation for the flying armor, and her face reflected it, too. Her eyes narrowed, and she looked off into the distance, almost not listening for Steel's answer.

"It's enchanted to find spawns host it amplifies his power" steel said " if I could control spawn then it's be very useful but since I can't if I wore the armor he'd be able to takeover and then my soul would beost forever" steel glanced at her when he could see she was ky halfway paying attention he smiled -hopefully she didn't catch that last part about losing my soul if I wear the armor it almost happened once but I can wear it for five minutes before spawn becomes to powerful so I can use his amplified power if need be but who knows of I'll get it off in time- steel thought he glanced back as the sword flew at him instead of ducking he simply lifted his hoof and caught the blade and placed it in a sheath he liked ahead - three said till the everfree hopefully that'll be enough time to decide what to do about the armor... Why Luna why would you give it to me when it's obvious I can't control him you seen what happened- steel became emersed in his thoughts as he walked he smiled over at midnight briefly before liking ahead it was clear his mind was elsewhere

Moon Beam heard the part about the enchanted armor and Spawn, but she barely heard the last part. She only heard "my soul would be lost forever". She kept her head facing forward, but shot him a look. One of her eye brows was raised, and her eyes narrowed a bit more. However, she shook it off. "He has dealt with a lot of crazy stuff since we have met. He could most likely deal with Spawn and his enchanted armor. Hopefully..." she thought, glancing back at the ground with a worried look spreading across her face. 

She looked over as Steel suddenly caught the sword and put in in his sheath carelessly. She huffed softly and smiled. "So like you." she thought, then looked up at the sky. It was a bit darker than it was when they had arrived at the castle, and the the clouds and sky were painted with beautiful shades of orange and pink. Moon Beam smirked, then lowered herself to the ground, and pounced powerfully and quickly, launching herself into the air. She immediately began flapping her wings as fast as she could, beginning to fly faster and faster. Once she was as high as the clouds, she closed her eyes, and slowly leaned back, tipping her head towards the ground as she quickly lost speed. 

Moon Beam let her wings lay limp as the air that passed by her pushed them firmly against her side. She smiled, the feeling of the wind that was causing a barrier around her making her calm and happy. After a little while she opened her eyes slowly, and watched the ground get closer. She flipped herself over, waiting for the right time. Then, suddenly and sharply, she opened her wings, bringing herself back up and into the air. As she was jerked up by the wind that caught under her wings, she passed above Steel. She reached her hoof out, lightly tapping the very tip of his ear before she was brought up too high to get to him. 

Once Moon Beam was flying steadily and about half a mile above Steel, she looked down and smiled brightly at him. Then, she looked out into the distance, letting her mind wander.