Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Youtube to Remove "Video Response" Feature?

Moonlight

34 users have voted

1. 1. How often did you use the "Video Response" Feature?

• All the time!
    • From time to time.
    • Hardly at all/never.

I had no idea if this belonged in media or not, but move it if it's in the wrong area.

Well...

Youtube is removing the Video Response feature...and this where we come to my question...

How often did you use it?

I, personally...used it maybe once or twice out of several years...no, I'm not lying. But, it's still a feature that some do use...so it should be kept.

But, what about you all?

Are you outraged or just don't care about this decision? 

It will apparently be removed on September 12th. 

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 1

Eh, honestly, I could care less about them removing video responses. I have literally only used it once in my entire life, so it won't affect me. However, I don't really see why they would remove it. Even though not many people use them, it's still worth having for the people who do use them.

• Brohoof 2

Nopony really uses this, which is probably why they're getting rid of it. Besides, if the potential video response really is worth watching, people will find it on their own anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I heard about this through MrRepzion... And personally, I think this is one of the more stupid things that Youtube has done. That feature was actually really useful for getting some feedback that you can't get through a comment... Sometimes it can link you to even more funny videos. And if Youtube really wants to remove it because it doesn't give them more Clicks on the website, then they will get a ****-storm about it.

• Brohoof 2

I might not use it, but that doesn't mean that others don't. So I think it should still be an option. I've seen conversations that people had through video responses and it seemed really cool. Plus, you might have an opinion that does not fit into the 500 character limit.

• Brohoof 1

i have never used it, but i have seen people video respond to a lot of videos out there. as an example, attackingtucans and joshjepson have their fans compete with them whenever they let's play a game. it stimulates participation among other youtubers. i feel that even though i never use it, it is still good to have anyway.

• Brohoof 1

While I don't use it a lot, it sure is useful to link videos that are related to each other back to back, so this sucks to just remove a feature like that. Why would they remove it anyways?

Apparently, because it's not a popular enough feature. 

http://www.tubefilter.com/2013/08/31/1-in-250000-youtube-users-click-on-a-video-response/

According to this, only 1 person out of 250,000 people click on video responses. And since it's not popular enough...they're trashing it.

Even if it is true that not many people use it I still don't see a compelling reason to remove it, is it really that much work for them to keep such a feature on the site? I personally doubt it, I have used the feature a couple of times myself and it might have been a long time since my last use I still like having that option. 

• Brohoof 2

I never really used it at all since I didn't notice it at all. But to keep a feature on Youtube it would have to remain consistently popular over time, sadly the video response did not.

• Brohoof 1

I've never used it..but to me the removal of it is kind of a bad news for people that want to promote their vlogging channels, or let's plays. But then again it could be see as spamming too, uploading a video that isn't on topic with the original video. But in the end its about money, and views. Maybe the internet should create a new video site..and leave YouTube behind..

• Brohoof 1

I can understand that the people, who frequently use the response feature, would feel bothered by that removal. But, most of them had a small amount of views anyway. There are worst changes that Youtube has made before. Such as the requirement of providing a valid phone number and full name, when making a new account. What if someone hacks into your account and sees your number? I don't like the way that Youtube is requiring all of this personal information just to make an account.

• Brohoof 1