Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASocialyAwkwardPony

I'm male, I have a wife who's my best friend, and I don't give a damn what you do in the bedroom; I'd rather have more friends.

post-34233-0-34615200-1475130004.jpg

For me, my sexuality's a bit weird.

Some people who are bisexual like one gender a bit more than the other.

For others it's more 50/50.

My sexuality on the other hand seems to shift ever so often.

For example, I like to compare bisexuality using apples and oranges as resembling the different preferences.

Some days I'm in the mood for oranges and other days I'm in the mood for apples.

And ever so often I'm in the mood for both.

It's a phenomenon often referred to as the "bi-cycle". It's basically as you explained, some times you like one, and others you like the other. 

Bisexuality is both a curse and a gift, and I'm just fine with that.

• Brohoof 2

I've never dated anybody but I've had feeling for both males and females so I guess I'm Bi.  My mom did not seem to care much so that's good but I never talk about it with anybody because I can hardly stand talking about that stuff. Thankfully I used to have a friend who is also Bi so I can talk to her for advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Shepard Smith from Fox News just came out as gay in an interview with the Huffington Post.

https://youtu.be/wF53rXQ3hiQ

Glad he came out.

My grandparents watch Fox News all the time and he's always been my favorite if I'm watching it whilst eating dinner or something. So to now know that he came out as gay is just awesome news!! Congratulations to him!

• Brohoof 1

My grandparents watch Fox News all the time and he's always been my favorite if I'm watching it whilst eating dinner or something. So to now know that he came out as gay is just awesome news!! Congratulations to him!

Hope he doesn't get in hot water since he does in fact report on an ultra-conservative news station.

Edited by SHODAN

I know I was the last one to post on this thread, but I feel like I should just say something.

I'm doing a paper project on LGBT rights in my English 101 class.

It's shocking that in this day and age you can still get kicked out of your apartment, fired from your job, and get refused service in some states in the US for being LGBT.

Company rights my ass, this level of intolerance doesn't deserve tolerance.

Edited by SHODAN
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Might as well do this... since I'm afraid to do it IRL.

I am indeed, gay. I had some thoughts about it recently, considered things here and there, and I just realized that I am indeed, gay. I mean, I have so many signs, such as ever since I was 12, having attractions to guys, constantly. I just realized in the past few months that realizing I was has helped me feel tons better, so what better time than now, if it's gonna make me feel better than I have? I do still have some things to sort out, but yeah, there we go.

I've told my closest friends that i'm a bisexual. As much as i'm proud to be one I'm just not open about it to everyone because i'm afraid that some conservatives would come at me and give me shit for it. :/

• Brohoof 2

Does anybody else feel bisexual one day then straight the next? I'm mostly attracted to men but there are some women who I think are unbelievably stunning. 

selena-gomez-revival-promo-pic.jpg

Selena Gomez is a Goddess. Damn. 

I don't know if I could ever see myself in a serious relationship with a woman, though. I will never say "never" as I COULD fall in love with a woman but I just don't see it happening.

Does anybody else feel bisexual one day then straight the next?

Not exactly, but I had a longer phase where I had only interest in other men and no women. But nowadays, my interest in women is back. I guess it is normal for bisexuality that you have sometimes different feelings for the genders. 

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

Does anybody else feel bisexual one day then straight the next? I'm mostly attracted to men but there are some women who I think are unbelievably stunning. 

Selena Gomez is a Goddess. Damn. 

I don't know if I could ever see myself in a serious relationship with a woman, though. I will never say "never" as I COULD fall in love with a woman but I just don't see it happening.

I do to an extent.  Some days I get worried that I might be completely gay and other days I question if I am Bi at all.  It's weird.

I do to an extent.  Some days I get worried that I might be completely gay and other days I question if I am Bi at all.  It's weird.

I haven't had that very much at all. It's about 98% male here. I had one once, but all other times it's been the male attractions.

• 4 weeks later...

I've told my closest friends that i'm a bisexual. As much as i'm proud to be one I'm just not open about it to everyone because i'm afraid that some conservatives would come at me and give me shit for it. :/

So what? I'm straight, but I'm pretty sure if I could choose, I'd be bisexual.

Being able to have sex with everyone's awesome.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
(edited)

I didn't notice this dig. :huh: 

Well, I've known I wasn't straight since I was 11, when I first started to find anyone specific attractive. It was a boy (I'm biologically male). I had a phase in my preteen years and my teens where I was very much attracted to women, and I don't think it was really much of a secret... :sealed: But in my 20's I have found that I no longer have anything more than maybe a very incidental attraction to women, and I now consider myself to be gay (instead of pan, which I was in my teens). As for gender, I identify as gender neutral, actually. I think I've said it more than once, but I don't feel entirely comfortable with calling myself a man. I had a transgender phase in my late teens, actually, where I just wanted to be a woman. Then I really realized how nasty female privates are (seriously, eww. :eww:), plus I realized that masculinity really is part of my identity. Don't worry too much about pronouns. Although I prefer they, I've been accustomed to being called a "he' in real life, and I'll also take she (of course, more when I look more feminine, which I really don't right now). 

I have recently become fairly open about my sexuality as I now have a boyfriend that I love more than I've loved in my life before. :wub: Though I'm very closeted about my gender because there be a LOT of transphobes around, and I don't really have a reason to tell anyone. It's something I can just hide IRL and nobody will pay any mind to it.

Anyways, all I'm going to say is be proud of who you are and don't let the world stop you with the whole spiel on how gay pride parades are apparently special treatment, and the like. Just be you, and if anyone wants to judge, that's really their problem and not yours that they decide not to like who you are (it's them that are offended anyways! :laugh:). This part not only applies to LGBT, but to everyone. Everyone has a right to be who they are, but specifically for this thread, that DOES include us LGBT people, whether we apply to just one letter or more than one.

Also, I am to a degree polyamorous as well. :sealed: I'm noting this because it's been talked about in this thread. Like I'm interested in having multiple sexual partners, though I'd prefer to share them if at all possible. I've told my BF about this, though he says that he's not comfortable with me engaging in that sort of behavior and he's way more important to me than some piece of crotch (supposed to be a pun). :P

Edited by ~Angel Dust~
  • Brohoof 2

It's not any secret that I'm bisexual and polyamorous, at least on here. I'm not certain when I realized I wasn't fully straight, but it was definitely in my mid-teens, possibly earlier when I constantly had to fight the urge to kiss one of my best male friends in 8th/9th grade. :twismile: But it was when I was around 17 or 18 that I fully accepted that I was bisexual and VERY proud of it. :D

Now, as for the whole "polyamory" issue, I'm not opposed to monogamy. In fact I sometimes struggle with the fact that I want to be monogamous to my girlfriend, but the fact we're long-distance and I'm driven by a desire to love those I'm close to kinda hinders that. So you can see my problem. Being poly is a struggle at times, but it's something I'm trying my best to live with in spite of not only my personal issues, but society's.

• Brohoof 2

35 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

It's not any secret that I'm bisexual and polyamorous, at least on here. I'm not certain when I realized I wasn't fully straight, but it was definitely in my mid-teens, possibly earlier when I constantly had to fight the urge to kiss one of my best male friends in 8th/9th grade. :twismile: But it was when I was around 17 or 18 that I fully accepted that I was bisexual and VERY proud of it. :D

Now, as for the whole "polyamory" issue, I'm not opposed to monogamy. In fact I sometimes struggle with the fact that I want to be monogamous to my girlfriend, but the fact we're long-distance and I'm driven by a desire to love those I'm close to kinda hinders that. So you can see my problem. Being poly is a struggle at times, but it's something I'm trying my best to live with in spite of not only my personal issues, but society's.

I find no problem with polyamory. Not something I’ll practice myself, but no problem nonetheless. I believe you have to be open and up-front about it, so your partner know what they’re getting into :proud:

• Brohoof 1

I am a bisexual female, and have been since my early teens. I've only just recently come out to being bi here online. I don't plan on telling anybody irl yet, except maybe only irl friends I'm very close to...

My parents are unaware of my sexuality and honestly I don't know how they'd take it if I were to tell them. I will eventually tho...

But yeah. I've always been attracted to both genders...although, I do tend to have a preference for guys. I've only ever dated two people in my life so far and they've both been guys... (including my current boyfriend)

But I've had tons of crushes on girls. :twismile:

• Brohoof 3