Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASocialyAwkwardPony

I knew I was trans since pre-teen years but I didnt act on it until 21. It's too late for me now and I'll never pass or live the life I want but I'll get over it some day. Maybe.

Just now, Shiki said:

I knew I was trans since pre-teen years but I didnt act on it until 21. It's too late for me now and I'll never pass or live the life I want but I'll get over it some day. Maybe.

Don't get it in your head that it's ever "too late" to start transitioning. Not everyone can be Kim Petras. Don't let that stop you from living your best life.

I'm almost 22 and I didn't start hormones until a few months ago.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not apart of the community itself, though I'll happily support it. They are just regular people trying to be who they are. No harm in that.

2 minutes ago, smolbear said:

Don't get it in your head that it's ever "too late" to start transitioning. Not everyone can be Kim Petras. Don't let that stop you from living your best life.

I'm almost 22 and I didn't start hormones until a few months ago.

It's not too late to transition, but it's too late to pass. Puberty has irreversibly ruined me to the point where I'm misgendered even when fully presenting. Passing means everything to me but I'll never have it.

2 minutes ago, Shiki said:

It's not too late to transition, but it's too late to pass. Puberty has irreversibly ruined me to the point where I'm misgendered even when fully presenting. Passing means everything to me but I'll never have it.

Try to forget about passing. It isn't what makes you valid, and if you think you WON'T pass then you're only doing harm to yourself by worrying about it so much. Confidence and happiness is much more important than passing.

And if you do REALLY want to pass, (which is fine as long as you don't worry about it in an unhealthy way), then putting in effort is a lot more important than transitioning at a younger age. Work on your makeup, work on your wardrobe, work on your voice, take care of your skin, and that'll make a lot more of a difference than you starting your transition a few years younger.

1 minute ago, smolbear said:

Try to forget about passing. It isn't what makes you valid, and if you think you WON'T pass then you're only doing harm to yourself by worrying about it so much. Confidence and happiness is much more important than passing.

And if you do REALLY want to pass, (which is fine as long as you don't worry about it in an unhealthy way), then putting in effort is a lot more important than transitioning at a younger age. Work on your makeup, work on your wardrobe, work on your voice, take care of your skin, and that'll make a lot more of a difference than you starting your transition a few years younger.

I've done/am doing everything I can. I'm not really new to this game. I'm simply too masculine for effort to be enough. Maybe FFS could fix me but I'm disabled and will never afford it.

But I'm not seeking validation from passing. I'm seeking comfort. I can't go outside without getting weird looks if I dress in things I like, I can't go shopping for those clothes without being seen as a creep, I can't use the restroom that would make me more comfortable, etc., all because I don't pass. Like it or not, there's a social response to my actions, and passing makes the entire difference as to what that response is. And I refuse to be socially ridiculed and stared at, I'm far too emotionally fragile to handle it.

I'll probably just continue to live life as a man while taking hrt for the rest of my life so that at least I dont get even more masculine. 

My only regret is not transitioning sooner. I didn't start til after I turned 34. Far later than I would have liked but it's what happened. Wish I'd started back when I was 12...

Ah well. Life sucks sometimes, but I'm at least on my way.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Seems China likes to still be stuck in the past on gay marriage while fully embracing a lot of questionable things. They've recently ruled out allowing gay marriage. Meanwhile they are busy beginning to clone cats, something that the world really doesn't need I don't think. Cat's are not endangered and if this stuff leads to human cloning, humanity sure as shit doesn't need it. China itself should know that more than anyone. I just find it so funny seeing a place be willfully ignorant on one thing that is normal, while fully embracing a bunch of really weird shit. These asian countries need to get with the program.

• Brohoof 1

I'm really hoping that I can get Top surgery done sometime next year.  I just want to get it done before I decide what I should do for college.  I'd also like to learn how to make my own clothing but I don't want to do that while I still have bigger moobs.  I'm fat so moobage is expected, just not this big...  Can't wait for the Teat yeet!!! :-D

• Brohoof 2

Oooooh, another one of these stories.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-minnesota-weddings-idUSKCN1VD1LT

Basically these people are suing because their video company is required to film both opposite AND same sex marriages. I love how these supposed loving christians are always suing over the most petty of bullshit. These people are morons. They get into the business of filming marriages and it never once occurred to them that they possibly would have to film same sex marriages as well? If it bothers them so damn much, then they picked the wrong profession. Same with that stupid baker and that florist. These people are not "protecting their beliefs", they are using them to discriminate, plain as day. These types of people are essentially saying that gay couples are unworthy of their services and I am pretty sure that is discrimination 101. These people with these businesses need to get the hell over it.

• Brohoof 4

6 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Oooooh, another one of these stories.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-minnesota-weddings-idUSKCN1VD1LT

Basically these people are suing because their video company is required to film both opposite AND same sex marriages. I love how these supposed loving christians are always suing over the most petty of bullshit. These people are morons. They get into the business of filming marriages and it never once occurred to them that they possibly would have to film same sex marriages as well? If it bothers them so damn much, then they picked the wrong profession. Same with that stupid baker and that florist. These people are not "protecting their beliefs", they are using them to discriminate, plain as day. These types of people are essentially saying that gay couples are unworthy of their services and I am pretty sure that is discrimination 101. These people with these businesses need to get the hell over it.

Their argument "but freedom of religion" is so BS. There's nothing here at all that's preventing them from practicing Christianity. The only thing here is preventing them from using their religion as an excuse to discriminate. To them I say, "okay let's take it one step further. So the guy that massacred 3 people in an abortion clinic because of his religious views is vindicated because he's practicing his religion? It's precisely the same logic and really the leap you'd have to take isn't actually all that far..."

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Dustlicious said:

Their argument "but freedom of religion" is so BS. There's nothing here at all that's preventing them from practicing Christianity. The only thing here is preventing them from using their religion as an excuse to discriminate. To them I say, "okay let's take it one step further. So the guy that massacred 3 people in an abortion clinic because of his religious views is vindicated because he's practicing his religion? It's precisely the same logic and really the leap you'd have to take isn't actually all that far..."

Exactly. Something these people don't see to grasp the concept of is that, even if you serve gay couples, your religion is still intact. Nothing about offering a service to gay people is impeding these religious beliefs from existing. As you said, it is all one giant excuse to be homophobic. I simply love how people like this apparently take their religion so seriously that they hate gay people, but apparently don't take it seriously enough to do things like helping the poor and whatnot. All of the things they take offense to are things that do not affect them in the slightest.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Kyoshi said:

Exactly. Something these people don't see to grasp the concept of is that, even if you serve gay couples, your religion is still intact. Nothing about offering a service to gay people is impeding these religious beliefs from existing. As you said, it is all one giant excuse to be homophobic. I simply love how people like this apparently take their religion so seriously that they hate gay people, but apparently don't take it seriously enough to do things like helping the poor and whatnot. All of the things they take offense to are things that do not affect them in the slightest.

Yep.

F*** I KNOW plenty of Christians that are quite accepting of homosexuality. It also is very abrasive towards them because it's telling them they must not be properly practicing their religion. 

7 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Yup, it just seems like their religion only operates as a shield to justify their hatred and urge to discriminate. Where's the large Evangelical backlash for rich people taking advantage of the poor? Nope, it's always just about being against serving same-sex couples cakes and calling transgender people by the proper pronouns.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

I'm pansexual.

Thought of myself as straight for quite a while until recently, despite having moments of attraction here and there to people who weren't female. I'm mostly still in the closet (I'm out to my girlfriend who supports me 100%, thank goodness). But the very thought of coming out to my family is scary, considering the fact that they're evangelicals...

• Brohoof 5

I think the cat's totally out of the bag for me. I think everyone knows I'm gay. Though before having to tell everyone because of my new BF, it was confined to a few people who I felt comfortable with or in, one case, had to tell previously. 

But I'll keep my gender identity in the closet. If you don't know I'm gender neutral. It's not all that hard to do, plus I think my dad is transphobic at the least. I'll have to live with some unwanted body hair and an irritating Adam's Apple. My BF knows and he's fine with it, though he says he likes me better with body hair and stuff and if he likes it, I guess I can leave some of it. :secret:

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 1

I’m bisexual, and where I’m open about it depends. My family are good people, and I know they would support me, at least I hope they would, if I were to come out to them. But, for right now at least, I plan on keeping my sexuality hidden from them. I only just came out as being bi a couple months ago, and I’m still very careful about where I mention I’m bisexual. And frankly I’m not comfortable telling my family I’m bisexual yet. 

I may tell them eventually, or I may not, only time will tell. For now I’m content with just revealing my sexuality to people I’m close to, and MLP Forums of course. I’d like to keep it that way for a while. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 5

The metaphorical cat is out of the bag for both of my differing aspects to my family. Not just my parents and brother, but a chunk of extended family also know. Neither of my alternate aspects can be hidden since it'll have to come out (oh god, the puns) eventually. Kinda hard to miss the massive physical changes to someone on hormones, and if I brought a girl home to meet everyone post-transition... well, they'd damn well know I go both ways. Might as well give everyone some warning in advance.

Oh this is gonna be a fun Christmas when I show up in women's clothing. There are some who still don't know and they're gonna be in for a real big surprise. I expect drama. And I am not looking forward to it.

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, The Historian said:

The metaphorical cat is out of the bag for both of my differing aspects to my family. Not just my parents and brother, but a chunk of extended family also know. Neither of my alternate aspects can be hidden since it'll have to come out (oh god, the puns) eventually. Kinda hard to miss the massive physical changes to someone on hormones, and if I brought a girl home to meet everyone post-transition... well, they'd damn well know I go both ways. Might as well give everyone some warning in advance.

Oh this is gonna be a fun Christmas when I show up in women's clothing. There are some who still don't know and they're gonna be in for a real big surprise. I expect drama. And I am not looking forward to it.

Yeah I'm lucky I don't ever have to go through that. I can sort of just roll with being a boy, even if it still bothers me a little. It's not as dysphoric as it would be for an actual trans woman for someone of a non-binary gender like myself.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/1/2019 at 1:44 AM, The Historian said:

Well, if it counts towards anything, I’m proud of you!!  My coming out wasn’t very easy either, if I weren’t living on my own when I did come out I probably would’ve been homeless, to put it simply.  I think my mom was so ashamed or embarrassed, she didn’t tell anyone.  I STILL have cousins say, “wait, you’re trans?!” and I’ve been medically transitioning since ‘17, came out in ‘15.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a trans girl and bisexual so of course I'm an ally to all LGBT folks. ^^

I just wish more people were accepting of LGBT people. Especially to transgenders. I'm not happy with how slow the progress of acceptance is but that's a story for another time. 

• Brohoof 5

18 hours ago, Thuja said:

Well, if it counts towards anything, I’m proud of you!!  My coming out wasn’t very easy either, if I weren’t living on my own when I did come out I probably would’ve been homeless, to put it simply.  I think my mom was so ashamed or embarrassed, she didn’t tell anyone.  I STILL have cousins say, “wait, you’re trans?!” and I’ve been medically transitioning since ‘17, came out in ‘15.

Thankfully, things went down a little better than that for me. I told my brother first and he was like "you need to be happy" and "you're still my sibling whether or not you're my brother or my sister." So... if things did go poorly with my parents, I could go live with my brother. It was a little tense up front right after I broke the news to my parents. Thank god I live near the Transgender Institute and I booked a few family therapy sessions to get everyone together so it all evened out. Cause if I'd been thrown out... well, let's just say I wouldn't be posting this right now.

I've been transitioning since last October. Almost at a full year. A little exciting and terrifying all at the same time! The people who know won't bat an eye but those who don't... well... they're in for a real shock. o.o

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

hewwo, I'm Francis and I AM part of the LGBT, I'm the T and the B! I'm a non binary trans masc. And I recently started using the label BI (my sexuality it's very fluid and was unsure if it was okay to label myself that, but I'm pretty sure now). Two days ago I come out to my mom and she was very accepting, I cried a lot lol, but I feel good now, and hopefully I will transition someday, it's still very hard for me, I'd need to come out to my dad too, and that's scary. I might as well move out and start transitioning without him knowing. I'll see what life has me prepared.

• Brohoof 3

• 5 months later...

I don't know if you're likely to need "support" if you live in my circumstances, in my part of the country. I've been called a fag maybe twice, and bullied specifically for being gay maybe three times in my entire life and most not recently.