Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Troll protocol

Zoop

If a troll appears, report his or her posts and profile, as a number of you did a little while ago. To those that did, I give you my thanks.

What you should NEVER do however, is reply or bump troll threads, like a lot of people did. It serves no purpose but to keep the troll's posts at the TOP of the forum, where it does not need to be.

I dealt with the gut from my iPod, using the full site theme due to the lack of access to the full range of admin/mod tools in the mobile skin.

Each and every reply that people made to the troll. Each and every witty picture they posted in those threads.

... Did nothing but make my job that much more difficult and time consuming. Please avoid such things in the future. Report and move on. Period.

My lunch break is now over. Please continue to enjoy the forum, and report any misconduct that you might find.

• Brohoof 29

I approve of this. By the way, I think one troll thread slipped through in the Roleplay board...

Nevermind, it was already taken care of :P But still, I agree with this...

Edited by Trixie Helper Electrobolt

I came late so I only caught the tail end of what was going on before the troll was dispatched. If I see another I will definitaly try out the report button though.

Allow me to have a hipster moment

*pushes up glasses* *ahem*

I made this topic before it was cool ^_^

http://mlpforums.com...asion-protocol/

Anyways, I'm in the wrong for responding at all to the topics because they keep the offending topic sitting on the main page. I thought report 1st, reply 2nd was harmless and in amusing fun, but in reality it clogs the main page and makes the site look undesirable to any guests.

Edited by Doctor XFizzella
  • Brohoof 2

What you should NEVER do however, is reply or bump troll threads, like a lot of people did. It serves no purpose but to keep the troll's posts at the TOP of the forum, where it does not need to be.

It really annoys me that people still choose to do this, despite the Terms of Service recently being updated; everyone was forced to read through them again and agree to them.

It's even clearly outlined as such:

Posted Image

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 1

I never responded to the guy. I just bumped one of his threads to get noticed more by mods.

Sending in reports is far faster for staff to view, as opposed to bumping threads, because they can't monitor every single topic 24/7. They have lives and other priorities to attend to, as I'm sure the rest of us do. There may be times where no one on staff is online, yes, but issues will be dealt with when someone gets online.

Sending in reports is far faster for staff to view, as opposed to bumping threads, because they can't monitor every single topic 24/7. They have lives and other priorities to attend to, as I'm sure the rest of us do. There may be times where no one on staff is online, yes, but issues will be dealt with when someone gets online.

Oh, you mean mods can know about reports, whilst outside the forums?

Yep. Every report you send gets emailed to us. I knew there was something seriously wrong when my inbox started going crazy. :)

Moral of the story: we love reports. <3

• Brohoof 5

Maybe, if they have a mobile device on hand. I really don't know if reporting posts can make a moderator's cell/iPhone/blackberry go off. lol