• Neptune
    • Bring back Pluto!
  2. 2. Why do you like that planet?

• Because it looks cool
    • Because it's interesting
    • Because it is plain awesome
    • Because it seems underrated
    • Just because

Probably a boring answer, but I like Mars because of the mythology we've built around it.

From the Barsoom series, to the Martians!, to Total Recall, to the Ice Warriors of Doctor Who, to the Prthean relics of Mass Effect, and more. Mars has taken the place of our moon in the eyes of mankind as the next step for human civilization. As we are want to do, we've projected expectations and fantasies upon that which is still largely mysterious to us. The fact that Mars may have once supported life or at least had the conditions to do so is one thing that makes it as factually special as any legendary worth we assign to it, if not more so.

I also feel that I do feel some gratitude toward Jupiter though. Without it, none of us would be here right now. 

• Brohoof 1

well I have three

1. Saturn- I love the rings its so beautiful

2. Neptune- Cause! it needs love for being the coldest planet

3. Mercury- I find it interesting to see its by the sun

Jupiter

Its the biggest

Its Got the largest goddam storm ever that has been going on for I don't even know how long

How many people know that it actually has a ring? Just a small one though

Neptune, for both the coloration and the sounds. Seriously, go to Youtube and look up "the sounds of _____" and insert the name of a planet. All of them are enchanting to me, but I think Neptune is my favorite.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say Mars because of all the research going on about that planet right now. This is not to say the rest of the planets aren't interesting; Mars just seems to be most like Earth (and unlike Venus we can actually explore it without melting).

I love Neptune. It's the most beautiful planet and I love the shade of blue. The only competition for neptune is uranus but that planet is never taken seriously, probably because of its name but I love both of the planets the most. I have found that saturn can be overrated and the color isn't very appealing.

• Brohoof 1

I love all space! but if I had to choose I would go with Saturn because of its amazing plethora of scientifically amazing moons, especially Titan with its organic materials and hydrocarbon lakes although Jupiter is equally amazing, can't wait till 2016 when the Juno spacecraft approaches Jupiter.563237main_2011-06-16-3-1600_1024-768.jp

Edited by President Of Space
  • Brohoof 1

none of the above, mine is Keplar 22b, it's a planet in another solar system with the same situation as us, same place in its solar system and if life was elsewhere in our universe it is that planet.

Also is earth not a planet? why is that not included in the poll lol.

Edited by Tilt
  • Brohoof 1

Does Saturn actually count considering it's more of a gas giant then a planet? :P Either way, I still like it. Gas giants have always fascinated me, and Saturn's been used in quite a lot of movies I've watched (sometimes disguised as an alien world). Also, it's ring is just plain awesome. If Earth were to orbit a gas giant, I'd want it to be that one, the sky would look amazing at night. :o

Mars would be a close second.. if only because it has a kick ass music piece associated with it:

• Brohoof 1

none of the above, mine is Keplar 22b, it's a planet in another solar system with the same situation as us, same place in its solar system and if life was elsewhere in our universe it is that planet.

Also is earth not a planet? why is that not included in the poll lol.

Actually the Kepler space telescope has found thousands of other Earth like exoplanets that could harbor life. :)

satellitebeforewrap.jpg

This was an image before its launch in 2009 but sadly its now out of commission due to a malfunction. :(

• Brohoof 1