• Neptune
    • Bring back Pluto!
  2. 2. Why do you like that planet?

• Because it looks cool
    • Because it's interesting
    • Because it is plain awesome
    • Because it seems underrated
    • Just because

I'm stuck at a three-way tie between Saturn, Uranus (seriously), and Jupiter.

Saturn looks awesome with its rings and whatnot.  Also, it's less dense than water.

Uranus's rotation is on its side, which is cooler than Venus's reversed rotation (as compared to the other planets in our solar system).

Finally, Jupiter's mass is roughly 1/1000 that of the sun, and the mass of all the other planets in the solar system combined is notably less than that of Jupiter (But not as notable as the mass difference between the sun and Jupiter!).

tl;dr, I'm at a impasse between liking a strange orbit, rings, or very interesting numbers/statistics more.

So I just chose Saturn in the form because why not. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Uranus is quite interesting.

Seriously, it's the only planet in our solar system that's sideways, it takes as little as 14 hours to fully rotate yet takes 84 years to circle the Sun and despite the (often overused and mostly unfunny, except the one I made, because I said so) jokes, the name comes from the Greek god of the sky, Ouranos.

Edited by HayaBROsa
  • Brohoof 2

It's gotta be Mercury for me, why? Because it's the closest to the sun and the smallest of our 8 Planets! Every seven years or so, Mercury can be seen from Earth passing across the face of the sun! Come on, if that is not cool I don't know what is.
0.jpg

Plus, the Planet itself looks quite pretty.

• 2 months later...

Pluto, because it is the furthest away from the sun, and because it is still much a mystery. I am super excited till we get official photos of it's surface!  :yay:  Pluto may not be a "planet," but it is one of my favorite Kuiper Belt dwarf planets, aling with Eris (the biggest of the Kuiper Belt dwarf planets). Plus, it's tiny and cute, and it's cold; I like the cold and hate the heat.

img-3677182-1-2006-16-a-full-1-.jpg

Artist's impression of Eris and Dysnomia. Eris is the main object, Dysnomia the small gray sphere just above it. The flaring object top-left is the Sun.

Outer planets: I would be torn between Neptune and Saturn. Neptune looks the coolest (literally blue), and has that super cool storm system, The Great Dark Spot. Just like Pluto, it is appealing because it is the furthest away from the sun, and more of a "mystery." Neptune generates the strongest jet streams anywhere in the solar system, reaching speeds of up to 2,400 kms per hour, or 5,368,647 mph. 

img-3677182-2-voyager2__jackhiggins.jpg

I like how it is named after Princess Celestia.

Inner planets, I would choose Mars, maybe Venus. Mars just because it is so interesting and unique. Venus because it is so extreme and volatile.

Edited by FluttershyIsMagic

I picked Jupiter Because it is an interesting planet, the vacuum of the Solar System which in turn gobbles up most Asteroids that fly to close. Truly an amazing planet, if I must say so myself.

387520main_92_80_1-334x312.gif

• Brohoof 2

You think I'd be more of a Saturn kinda gal with the asthetics and everything but Neptune has always piqued my interest the most for reasons I'm a bit confused myself. I find the moderate colors of Saturn a bit hard to compete with the intensity of the storms and blue on Neptune. The layers in Neptune are more liquidic as well, and I find that to be quite cool. Not to mention, Neptune I believe has diamond storms that create them and sink into its oceans.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

Jupiter because it just looks so much more badass than the other planets. Out of the planets outwith the solar system my favourite has to be HD 189733b simply because it rains glass sideways there.