Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Anybody a fan of Tom and Jerry?

Harmony Spark

I have seen it a lot when I was a child and I have a lot of memories watching it, but I haven't seen it a long time. I would not call myself a fan.

• Brohoof 2

Man I grew up on T&J. That show raised entire generations on slap stick. Never a dull episode. Though the good stuff is only pre-1970. Not sure what in the hay they're doing with all these crossovers. That and newer animation styles don't really suit Tom & Jerry's aesthetic. 

• Brohoof 3

• 10 months later...
On 2020-10-02 at 12:18 AM, ExplosionMare said:

I love that cartoon :wub:

I also really enjoy the Nutcracker adaptation that comes on during the holidays

Dear celestia  I feel old 

I love tom and   Jerry as a kid, 

I find the show funny

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

It's always been one of my favorite cartoon series. :D The Hanna-Barbera and Chuck Jones shorts were great, the Gene Deitch ones not so much. I actually hadn't seen any in years, but I finally got around to watching the seven cartoons from the classic era I hadn't seen before (those ones were never in CN's rotation for some reason). And the two Spike and Tyke spin-off cartoons I was aware of but had never seen. I probably won't watch the later series and movies , though – what I've seen of them before was decent, but there's so much material, apparently of varying quality, that I'll just stick to the classic era for now.

I also read Tom and Jerry comics as a kid, but I don't remember much about those.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Like many others, I watched a ton of Tom and Jerry as a kid. It's a classic and I'd really love to watch it again at some point.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...