Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drawing a comic (researching)

Fridge

Hello to all that have come to read this, I'll try to keep this short :)

For a while now I've been working on a written fanfic series but have found I just can't quite describe the surroundings or the actions of my character as I see them in my head. Perhaps it's a vocab issue but I like to think of it differently. You see, I imagine my characters and stories in the manner of story boards, I can't help it it's just the way my imagination works.. That would be fine but... I can't draw to save my life. I've made many an attempt but let's just say I can't draw a tree from a pony.

So I'm trying to see if anyone would be interested in helping me realise my imaginings? All the stories are still a ways off from completion (I have about 30 individual short stories ideas in the pot so far, and 6 are nearing completion).

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or respond.

What is it exactly you're after? Someone to help you write more descriptively or someone to turn your ideas into a visual novel?

Either way it sounds rather difficult given what you've told us. If you can't describe their actions it would be a tough task for someone to draw and from a writing standpoint your best bet would be to check out your nearest school, college or university and sign up for a creative writing class.

I have first-hand experience with this as I took a creative writing class and it really helped me to approach projects from a new perspective and try new things if my attempt isn't working.

But what would help in the short term is for you to link us to your work so far to get some feedback and highlight areas you may need to focus on.

And it's never too late to learn how to draw, you'd be surprised at how quickly you can pick it up if you're passionate about it :D

Oh I can describe the actions but compared to the images I have in my head it all seems a bit... Hollow. I just think it would translate better as a comic.

I'll give the creative writing classes a try though cheers for the suggestion :)

I have been practising my drawing but their still terrible lol.