movies/tv Do you like Star Wars?

The Cynical Lone Wolf

Do you like Star Wars?  

97 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars?

• Yes; Star Wars rulez
    • Yes; It's Okay
    • In between (please clarify)
    • No, but if it gets better with the new stuff coming up I might be fan of it (again)
    • No, I hate it and forever will
    • No opinion/Neutral

I... Typically keep some eight lightsabers (the cheap plastic kind) in the trunk of my car at all times, and when the parking lot's empty, I blare Duel of the Fates from my car's speakers and duel my buddies. 

NO SHAME.

Also, Jar Jar Binks. 
img-1826760-1-jarjar2.jpg

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 2

I still love it and will always love it. 

The story is just purely imagination, I would say it is the best -- besides Star Trek -- although there some hyperbola in the story but it is still good. One versatile universe and it got the details as well; planets with it's climates and characteristic, absolute genius work. 

• Brohoof 2

While I certainly have some problems with the prequels, you bet your flank I love Star Wars!!!  The original trilogy shall forever remain some of the most significant, quality, and revolutionary films to ever grace the big screen, and no amount of things wrong with the prequels can take away from how great the original trilogy was and shall remain.  And hey, if J.J. Abrams delivers on the new Star Wars, I for one will be perfectly happy about that; can't say for sure if he will, but I really hope he does, because there's certainly nothing wrong with more high quality entries to the Star Wars universe no matter what the medium is!  :muffins:

Edited by Batbrony

Believe it or not...but I have never seen ANY of the Star Wars movies. They don't really grab my attention, so I never watched them.

tumblr_mjrgn4D4bN1s8czzko1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_ml6fo363Py1qz4rgp.gif

Seriously: You should watch it. Star Wars is one of the best sci-fi movie sagas ever for it's massive world and its spectacular battle scenes as well as numerous other things. Even if it's not your thing it's something you need to watch before you die.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 years later...

TL;DR: The fans, Disney, and EA are too much for me to fathom or even like. Overall it is too stressful to think about or worry about so I just want to avoid anything Star Wars now. The new Disney and EA stuff just feels too factory made in it's current state.

There is a lot of variables for me not wanting to be a part of the Star Wars fan base. I for one like most aspects of the specialized versions. I like the original Battlefront games. The politics part of the prequels were necessary, war has to start somewhere. These were three of the many variables, in no particular order, of why I am ducking out of the fanbase.

One of which I will explain is feeling heartbroken for George Lucas for him not being any part of the new films. Instead of reading Disney's reason for not wanting George to make the new film, I read "Fuck you George, you don't know your own property. It's ours now. All day lightsaber fights, laser blasts and maybe some "war is bad" speeches." all while they put a pressed ham on the glass.

Not only that, completely retconning the entirety of the books. Which I would have thought would be great material to work with but no. George Lucas sold his property to a toy factory. This is what he got and this is what the fans get.

Also, Evil Assholes (aka EA) got a license to shell out shitty Star Wars mobile games and ""triple A"" titles. I tried the beta of the new battlefront and I do not like it. I just do not like it. Also, why did it have to be EA? Because of the frostshit engine? Because everyone has to have graphics, wah wah wah. These graphics are so shitty, wah wah wah. I can not be immersed in a game with shitty graphics, wah. Making 4k graphics only makes it harder on the game developers to create what they want. Instead they have to create 4k textures to satisfy the people with 4k monitors that have been color corrected to a scientific scale.

The Magic Circle is a perfect analogy for the rise and fall of George Lucas. This game really shows how I feel fans are to George; backstabbing, entitled little nostalgic shits who only want the series to pander to their needs. Lightsabers, X-wings, the force being magic, comparing it to Shakespeare, seven awards or characters they can not live without. It is all so fucking hard to understand what fans want and do not want. All in all, I just can not take it. I am just done with it all. For other fanbases, some former fans leave because of the zealous fanbase. Well I am one of the Star Wars fans that just had to leave the negativity behind.

People tell me I make things hard on my self. It is kind of insurmountable to do when everyone else does it as well.

Edited by Nit Pick

I would say that I like Star Wars. Mostly because it deeply developed SciFi universe with long and interesting history, also it's just unbelievable SWISH-SWOOSH LIGHTSABERS OOOOIIIIIIIAAAAAWROOMWROOM VEHICLES FLYING AROUND AND THEN ZAP! ZAP!! LAZOR SHOOTS!!ELEVEN

• Brohoof 2

~Snip~

I will partially agree with some of what you say, since I am not a huge fan of Star Wars.. but what I will say is thank god George Lucas is out of there.

Once upon a time the guy was responsible for three incredibly well loved movies.. then something happened.. it is like he totally forgot what people loved about Star Wars, and he went and did the opposite of that and made three of the most awful films to ever grace the screen. Seriously, it is his fault I completely quit the franchise... I saw the Phantom Menace and wanted my money back. Selling the franchise is the best thing he could have ever done.. I am not 100% behind everything Disney has done, and I think retconning all the expanded universe into oblivion was a shitty thing to do and something that sort of pisses me off since I did like some of the books... but they gave the fans the Star Wars sequel they were clamoring for, with some minor complaining by some, but by and large the film is exactly what everyone wanted and what the fandom needed. And now Rogue One has hit and from what i am hearing it is even better then The Force Awakens and like The Empire Strikes Back even bigger. And of course low and behold.. Lucas does not like either of them.. the reason... not enough singing dancing muppets apparently.

The fans wanted an epic space adventure film series.. Lucas wanted Elmo and Cookie Monster and anything else he can think of to make people walk out of the theater in disgust. But then again, there are entire stories that Lucas did not actually make Star wars, but that is wife at the time did...many if not most of the ideas from the films came from her.. and after they divorced, the Prequels were all him.. and it shows.

So yeah, I am not a fan of Star Wars, mainly because of Lucas and his horrible prequels and how he royally butchered the original trilogy (seriously, it is hell finding copies without his awful additions). But the new films have made me consider switching back to being a fan.

Star Wars is great but not big on it. Force Awaken was I thought great, sure it was great but heard some not happy about, well everyone have opitions. BB8 was my favorite character, and that reason I got abit big on it, feel I'm more of BB8 fan than Star Wars fan cos I collect BB8 things. Star Wars is an awesome franchises. Watch Rouge One, it good but not good as Force Awaken.

Edited by Adam Burt
  • Brohoof 1

@@GrimGrimoire, There were a lot of things I agree with the fans, one of which is removing this thing ↓

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, absolutely, get rid of it. Yes, fix the magenta flashes in the Leia rescue scene in the hall way, fix that. Yes, take away the snow monster bonus scenes where Luke was hung up in the ice and trying to get his lightsaber, take it out. But the things that baffle me is the tiny things that fans want removed. Like there was one part with the A wings interior cockpit was slightly transparent and an AT-AT can be seen through it. Do fans really want that to be in it's original slightly transparent format? Just the tiny details in the background no one would notice unless said fan is on the levels of a religious zealot.

Some people on youtube are now defending the prequels. When is this hypocrisy going to end?

Edited by Nit Pick

Somehow I have made it this far in life without seeing a single Star Wars movie.

But The Force Awakens has been something I have been meaning to watch for a while now, and Rouge One looks really cool, so I might also see that movie at some point in time as well.

I LOVE STARWARS! <3 starwars was pretty much my childhood. I have a lot of starwars merch, and video games :adorkable:

what do you guys prefer most? MC80 Liberty or the Star Destroyer?

• Brohoof 1