movies/tv Do you like Star Wars?

The Cynical Lone Wolf

Do you like Star Wars?  

97 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars?

• Yes; Star Wars rulez
    • Yes; It's Okay
    • In between (please clarify)
    • No, but if it gets better with the new stuff coming up I might be fan of it (again)
    • No, I hate it and forever will
    • No opinion/Neutral

• 1 year later...

Original Star Wars was perfect. With modern technology (3D), they are trying to bring back the original nostalgia. I still think they are missing a few points.

I do like all of the original trilogy except A New Hope. There's way too much padding in the first hour alone. Like, what do the Jawas or Tusken Raiders have anything to do with the movie itself or the Imperial forces? Nothing. They're just side characters who are just the wacky wayside tribe trope that have no plot relevance to the movie and are never mentioned again in the movie. I also had problems with how wooden the script/writing and how unlikable some characters are in that movie.

Thankfully, the movie quality improves dramatically once they head to Mos Eisley.

Yeah, I like Star Wars. The original trilogy are some of my favourite films. The new ones were promising, but ultimately fell flat on their face.

• 2 months later...

Love it, although I like many others didn't like number 8 and 9 at all (there were things I didn't like about almost every movie, but on balance I still think the vast majority were good). The Mandalorian was excellent, and the Book of Boba Fett was hit-or-miss but the good episodes were really good. Looking forward to the Obiwan series in May :D

I also think that the Star Wars games were super cool - from the Jedi Knight series to KOTOR 1/2 (super excited for the KOTOR remake btw) to the old and new generations of Star Wars Battlefront and more, they've all been pretty incredible. I'm not a big gamer these days, but definitely plan to set some time aside to play some of the new Star Wars releases when they finally come out (even though that may be years from now).

• 3 months later...

I feel the past few years I've grown to dislike Star Wars. I feel once you exclude A New Hope, the Original Trilogy is the best one. There's too many flaws in that movie for me to enjoy, from poor pacing, filler plot points, subpar script and a couple of the characters can come off as unlikable.

What made me sour on the franchise is how the Star Wars fanbase in general are extremely unpleasable. No matter what movie or show comes out, they criticize whatever to hell and back for petty reasons. The Star Wars video games, however, are mostly (with some exceptions - looking at you, Famicom A New Hope, GBA Attack of the Clones, to name a couple) some of the best licensed video games out there. TIE Fighter, Rogue Squadron, Knights of the Old Republic, and Shadows of the Empire are must-plays.

3 minutes ago, Magic Note said:

I feel the past few years I've grown to dislike Star Wars. I feel once you exclude A New Hope, the Original Trilogy is the best one. There's too many flaws in that movie for me to enjoy, from poor pacing, filler plot points, subpar script and a couple of the characters can come off as unlikable.

What made me sour on the franchise is how the Star Wars fanbase in general are extremely unpleasable. No matter what movie or show comes out, they criticize whatever to hell and back for petty reasons. The Star Wars video games, however, are mostly (with some exceptions - looking at you, Famicom A New Hope, GBA Attack of the Clones, to name a couple) some of the best licensed video games out there. TIE Fighter, Rogue Squadron, Knights of the Old Republic, and Shadows of the Empire are must-plays.

You forgot to mention The Old Republic, as in the December 2011 online game that is still continuing has 8-character story classes, though the latter half of its story content, starting with the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion, is restricted to subscribed players.  

• 5 months later...

Yes, I love Star Wars! Haven't seen hardly any of the series though like the 'Mando and Andor because I freakin' hate subscription-based services, especially when I only want to see one thing on that service. Like, I don't care about anything except watching maybe one or two shows on those streaming services, and those shows are not worth $10.00 - $15.00 per month, epseically when I'm not going to watch them every day but rather sporadically throughout the year.

Yes and no. Yes to the originals. Yes to the original designs not because they are original, but because the designs are so good!

No for the new stuff. Mostly because they are failing to see the good designs

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Love the Legends lore a bit more than the current cannon.  

Might have a look at this after I'm done with the originals :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I Love Star Wars. It's my whole life. I love George Lucas' movies, and I'm fine with Rogue One and the streamer Andor, which is phenomenal. The Disney movies and streamers, except for the aforementioned, suck. For some reason, Andor and Rogue One, both written by the same people, escaped the Disney board room and came out with smart, intelligent writing and great characters. 

I still adore Star Wars, and generally having more fun after the Disney acquisition than before the Disney acquisition. The OT remains mostly God Tier fantasy. The PT, Solo, and ST have significant issues, but have some really interesting choices. Rebels, Mando, Clone Wars conclusion, Bad Batch, Doctor Aphra, Darth Vader, Thrawn, High Republic, and Jedi: Fallen Order are great stories well told. Book of Bobo Fett and Obi-Wan were enjoyable in several episodes so I consider them a success. Andor is a goddamn masterpiece of television and Star Wars content. Depending on its second season it may actually top the OT. I now have a greater appreciation of Rogue One characters and look forward to seeing what we only heard about in Rebels. 

Oh. I consume every comic, movie, show, and book in this IP. While the Lucas originals and later seasons of Clone Wars were solid, the other media only has one or two highs, as opposed to what Marvel and Del Rey are doing. Not only is the IP more lucrative today, it’s generally churning out more stories that I love. 

Mando 3 and Ahsoka should be phenomenal (I trust Filoni), and this season of Bad Batch is building well from where we left off of. 

Hasbro, on the other hand, seemingly refuses to finish the 96 in the TVC line, doesn’t balance the scales with the BS offerings, keeps putting out garbage Haslab crowdsourcing when we have said time and again … give us a Sandcrawler or Ghost … nobody wants Revas blasted saber. Unlike pony, I’m deep in the Star Wars community, especially the collecting side of things. Very few things can turn a crap day until a amazing day than a group chat about Kenner memories, or great sculpt from Hot Toys. Seeing a 12 Back A SKU will always make my eyes widen like most collectors who know what that is. 

4E036963-3237-4771-8C2F-6B55F510ADA4.jpeg

Since we don’t have that font installed on the server. MTFBWY 

On 2023-01-13 at 9:08 PM, Fluttershutter said:

PLEASE never sell Avatar, James!!!

Disney is probably fine with their cut of the distribution since it’s as close to passive income as you can get in the exhibition domain.