Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite racing video game series?

~Silver Essence~

Speed is where it's at for me, and racing video games are my favorite genre in video game because of it.

The sense of adrenaline, skill, and speed in those video games never cease to amaze me.

I'm curious, which is your favorite racing video game series?

For me, without a doubt the WIpeout series, no not that lame and stupid game show, the kick ass fast future like racing video game where you control ships of the future with weapons and gravity mechanics!

Wipeout-17.jpg

It's so fast, so difficult, and so insane, that I only recommend this to the hardcore gamers with extreme skill if you want to master this game.

• Brohoof 3

Technically, I'm not sure if this counts....but...

lote-de-figuras-de-super-mario-bros-orig

I also thoroughly enjoy this racing game series as well:

Sonic-Riders-Zero-Gravity-logo.gif

A lot of people didn't like the "Sonic Riders" series, but I thought the games were rather fun...and rage-worthy at some points. 

I regret nothing.

• Brohoof 4

When I was a young lad, I always loved playing games like Mario Kart and F-Zero on mostly any Nintendo system. My favorite Mario Kart game would probably have to be Double Dash.

Just because of the gimmick. It was a fun one :)

I also like the Sonic and Sega racing series Sega has going on right now.

Although, it kind of confuses me. Shouldn't Sonic be running instead of in a car. I mean, it would probably be unfair for the other racers, but they would just have to use cars. Sonic is the fastest thing alive. He shouldn't need a car.

But, aside from that, that's my favorite racing series. (Before you bring it up, yes. I know about Sonic R)

Edited by Stevenearthpony
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoy:

Need for Speed

Mario Kart

Sonic Riders

Sonic R

F-Zero GX and GP Legend

Modnation Racers

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed.

There ya go. xD

• Brohoof 1

Shouldn't Sonic be running instead of in a car. I mean, it would probably be unfair for the other racers, but they would just have to use cars. Sonic is the fastest thing alive. He shouldn't need a car.

I believe Sega said that Sonic being in a car is a handicap for him, so that the race is fair for everyone.

Mario Kart is fun, as is Sonic Riders and Burnout. 

f_zero_wallpaper_by_cepillo16-d472aul.jp

The F-Zero series

So brutal on top of being insanely fun, so much intense speed, one of the greatest soundtracks ever, and Captain freaking Falcon

I think that explains enough as to why I love F-Zero so much

RUNNERS UP:

Midnight Club

midnight_club___white_logo_650.jpg

and Mario Kart

Mario_kart_first_logo.png

• Brohoof 3

My favorite racing series is FlatOut (not FO 3), Need for Speed, Burnout, Dirt, Grid, and the early NASCAR games under EA (fav games from that was NASCAR Thunder 2004 and NASCAR Thunder 2005: Chase For the Cup. After that, that's where things went downhill), Midnight Club, Forza, and Grand Turismo,

Mine would have to be need for speed, especially Most Wanted. The first one not the remake. It had to be the best of the series in my opinion. Mario gokart is second. Great to play with friends, especially when drinking :P other that no other racing game appealed to me.

The Mario Kart series is quite fun i must say. I've played it a good bit.

Need for speed is one i've played alot and is fun, but i kinda like Mario kart's style a little more.

Sonic riders is a fun series actually, i only have the 1st one on gamecube right now though. But its pretty good overall, atleast i think.

Still, mario kart is just a ton of fun, i dunno i just like it ;p.

I haven't played it in a while though.

Mario Kart, fuck yeah! Only racing games I could get into and continue playing for an extended amount of time.

In fact, I've been playing the games since Mario Kart 64, which I first played in... 1999, was it? Definitely not the release year. So since around then.

Not really a 'series', but...

post-17521-0-32009500-1378351893.jpg

Muppet Racemania is basically my childhood, and really underrated, even if it is a spin-off.

Great collection of cars, items, maps, characters, game modes, secrets.. It basically has everything.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say Gran Turismo and Forza, but I also really like F-Zero and Mario Kart. I seriously can not stand the frickin' blue shell, and that's why Super Mario Kart is best Mario Kart game.

Even though it isn't much of a series, I really enjoyed Grid and Grid 2. It just feels very fun to play and I absolutely love it. I can't wait for Grid 3. I bet it there will be a big improvement as there was from the first game to the second.

I'm not really a fan of racing games but my favorite series would be Mario Kart (big surprise, I know). Second to that would be Kirby Air Ride, though I don't really know if that should count; it's a racing game (not a series though, unfortunately, so it definitely doesn't count) but city trial was the main mode I played.

Edited by Mutemutt
  • Brohoof 1

I Liked Gran Turismo, until I found out about the Forza series....I like Forza more.

I'm also a fan of the Burnout series and the older Need For Speeds on PS1/PS2.

also a game onPS1 called "Impact Racing"it was fun....not sure if it counts but Twisted Metal and "Rogue Trip".

That's easy,  It's Mario Kart for me, hands down.  There is nothing like it when I play it, especially Mario Kart 64.  My favorite track in that game was Rainbow Road where champions are made.  The next one for me is Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed.  That game was sooooooooooooo fun too.

• Brohoof 1

Out of all the racing games I've played, I have disliked all of them but one. Mario Kart. Racing games aren't really my thing, but I'll make an exception for Mario Kart. It's more fun to me, and you do more than just drive. Plus, you can play as Toad. :)

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Gran Turismo was my childhood, considering I did not have an N64. No real cart racing games to speak of until I got a Gamecube and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Anyways, here is my full list:

Mario Kart

Gran Turismo

Forza

Burnout (specifically Revenge)

The game I played the most online was Burnout: Revenge, for the original Xbox (yeah, the servers died when the 360 version came out). I just had so much fun smashing other people, racing in ridiculous cars at ridiculous speeds doing ridiculous things, learning all the strange tricks and stuff that you could do to go faster than the top speed, and just causing mayhem. It was a ton of fun. I've played Forza 4 online, but driving simulators online are just...meh.

Mario Kart is a popular vote and I would have to agree. Mario Kart is like the best racing game out there because literally anyone can get into it. it's fast, fun and enjoyable which makes it a blast to play. Love it to death.