Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you take your Coffee or Tea?

Wonderbolt_Spitfire

I NEVER drink coffee. While I'll admit the grounds smell nice when you open the can, coffee itself tastes aweful like dissolved chalk in hot water. Tea is my drink of choice and the way I take my tea depends on the type of tea.  I like to start my day off with a nice cup of tea with milk. It's something to look forward to in the morning since I'm not a moring person. During the day I like a nice ice tea with lemon and maybe a little sugar if my sweet tooth is acting up. I like a nice hot cup of green tea in the evenings, no sugar or sweeteners of any kind. Green tea is to be taken as is.

I drink tea so often that my parents and some friends have joked that I was born in the wrong country. :lol:

Most of my mornings start off with a cuppa tea.  Without it, I have an odd tendency to not eat in the mornings for at least a couple hours.  My tea is rather plain and traditional with a teaspoon of sugar and added milk. 

Coffee, on the other hand, I have never found an affinity for.  On the multiple occasions I've had opportunities to try it out, none have ever really stuck with me.  Tea is definitely enough for me to survive the mornings.

• Brohoof 2

I love my coffee with absolutely no additives in it, no sugar, cream or anything of that sort.

Pure black coffee for me! I love the pure taste of it, it's so good.

I've never had coffee, and to be honest, I don't really have any intention of tasting it, either. I really don't need another caffeinated drink that I "have" to drink. lol

Tea, I don't drink either. I have tried it, but I didn't like the taste. I haven't tried many types, but I'm okay.

ma first reply in a international brony forum B)

Well I prefer PG tips with a bit of milk. Rarely i bake scone if i get the chance. But i need patience cause in germany ye ain´t get PG at every corner.

Most of the time i consume self grinded coffee out of ma french press, black as time and space. 

When on the road, i buy my cups at a bakery called "wiener feinbäcker" cause it has arome as hell in comparison to Starbucks.

I do not typically drink tea unless there is nothing left in the house except for my mom's pitcher of iced tea...then I'll drink that.

I take coffee how my mom takes it - with an asston of milk/cream and sugar. Otherwise it's just too bitter for me to drink. Though, I don't really drink much coffee at all - it's a pain to make, and I like soda more.

I don't like either of them; coffe is better and tea only makes me more thirsty.

I mostly drink water, why you may ask?

Because it is refreshing, healthy and delicious!

Pepperming tea/Black tea with either lots of sugar/honey OR nothing in it at all.
I drink my tea without anything on the side. I just like to have it pure. Maybe a book/laptop, but usually do i just think about life the universe and everything while drinking tea. And about how i am going to treat my freshly burned tongue.

Edited by Guest

I don't drink coffee but I do drink tea. I usually drink either Vanilla Chi or Peppermint tea. I take my tea with some milk and honey. I like my tea sweet. I am also like the only person I know besides one of my friends who enjoys tea. XD

I love my coffee strong and black, there's nothing more better than to awake for a smell of pure coffee being poured into your cup in the morning! Even walking past by a coffee factory gives me a sudden burst of energy! ^^

I'd really love to own one of those fancy espresso machines, but they're sadly quite expensive! :-/

Edited by Panderium
  • Brohoof 1

Homebrewed coffee most of the time, it's what i usually start my morning with. Although i tend to swap out coffee for tea if i feel that coffee is redundant at the time.

As for sweetener, i don't have any of that in either coffee or tea. I put some cream in it and that's enough for it be tasteful. In some occasions i drink black coffee as well but only if i've something sweet to chew on, like a cinnamon roll. :)

I drink my coffee at my house with a little bit of cream to take out some of the acidity, but if I'm out I usually get my coffee as a double-double. 

For tea I usually buy more of a higher quality product because I drink it more sparingly, and I find many of the higher quality teas have a much richer taste. As such I will drink my tea with nothing in it.

I always take coffee with soy or almond milk instead of cream and a fuckton of sugar, or at least enough to make the flavor neutral.

Unless it's Turkish coffee. Then I just slam it.

As for tea, I generally like it sweet but with no milk, except for chai, which truly needs milk to not kill your nerves.

I'll take it bitter though, especially if I'm feeling dehydrated.

I Like Tea and Coffee.

Coffee. At home I take it with jsut milk, or cream...depending on what we have...usually cream if we have it. Though when I go to Timmies (Tim Hortons) I generally get a Double Double, which is 2 cream and 2 sugar. It's just more common in Canada to say"Double Double" or "Triple Triple" ( for 3 cream 3 sugar)or four by four (4 cream four sugar). and at the restaurant, I usually put my own cream and sugar in it, as they serve it to you black at sit in restaurants.

Tea? Little milk and/or sugar. I generally only drink tea at home.I also tend to have a biscuit or cookie with it of some sort.

The GF thinks I'm nuts. I brew iced tea each time I need it. I steep 3 bags of Lipton Tea and 4 bags of Peppermint tea for 15 minutes (it really means 30 minutes cause I'm always forgetting it). Then I pour it into a 32 oz glass of crushed ice. No sugar.

The mint is strong enough to make it slide down so cool and refreshing.

She drinks water cold, cinnamon tea hot, and coffee black. She's a simple sort, and thinks my elaborate steps just for a drink wasted time. Silly girl, Trix are for kids.

The GF thinks I'm nuts. I brew iced tea each time I need it. I steep 3 bags of Lipton Tea and 4 bags of Peppermint tea for 15 minutes (it really means 30 minutes cause I'm always forgetting it). Then I pour it into a 32 oz glass of crushed ice. No sugar.

The mint is strong enough to make it slide down so cool and refreshing.

This is how my mother makes her mint tea, with the combinations of regular and peppermint. She adds a bit of sugar though, and uses whole ice instead of crushed. Still, pretty damn good.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer my coffee black, and from a French press. I'm not sure what brand of coffee we have at my house, but it's so fantastic that it has become the epicenter of my happiness. As for tea: just make it chamomile and I'll love you forever.

I have coffee whenever it's available (and economical). As for how I like it, if I'm not eating anything I'll add some creamer to it - whatever is available, though Irish Creme is nice. If I'm eating donuts or something similarly sweet I'll drink it black. I can't take too much sugar, so the bitter taste offsets any I've already consumed. If I'm heading to Starbucks, expect me to get a Chai Tea Latte. They're heavenly.

As for tea, it varies. Normally the tea that's made here is simple sweet tea, though I like it best when it's mildly sweet, hot, and with a bit of cinnamon added into it. I consume Lipton green tea by the gallons though - not the best green tea, but it's the least expensive, so I'm not complaining. If I make some for myself, I'll usually make some Chai tea, which is also heavenly.

Oh, and I prefer my sweet tea flavored. Raspberry, Peach, Cherry - doesn't really matter, though I particularly like Raspberry.

Edited by Durandal

I don't really like hot beverages, so I rarely have hot coffee or tea. I brew my own iced tea, and drink it without sugar or cream/milk. I make it very strong, too. I bring the water to a boil and then shut off the burner. I use eight teabags Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea and let them steep in the pot for about a half hour before I pour it into an equal amount of icewater. It's very refreshing! I make iced coffee too, but with that I add some sugar and milk.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 1 month later...