Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever have one of those moments that made you want to leave the fandom

Bendy

I have had those moments, but they are mostly because of something that happens in the show. I actually did leave once after Twilicorn and Equestria Girls. I didn't leave a second time, but I did take a break from the fandom after the School of Friendship (and season 8 in general). I felt that the show had lost itself at that point, and I wasn't interested in the show for a while. So yeah, it's mostly the show itself that has made me want to leave the fandom.

I don't really get into the fandom drama, so I wouldn't really know about it. There are definitely things I dislike about the fandom, but overall it's alright.

• Brohoof 1

Considering how a people from here that I've talked to on discord are way more NSFW about ponies than they seem, kinda made me want to distance myself from the fandom. Like ponies was for me an escape from reality, an alternative world to think about, and people's huge NSFW talk and art especially about it really puts you off. You already have people oversexualising things is real life, why continue with ponies as well? 

That being said, people can like what they want and I have no problem with people following their interests. But for me personally made me want to distance myself from other people of the fandom. 

Edited by HearthSoul

No I haven't. It usually doesn't happen instantly because of something. I left fandom once during the main leaving wave, but I was slowly drifting away from the show and fandom to the point where I forgot about it for a few years (and came back when the fandom lost almost all it's power and popularity):worry:

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

Nope! :D Never crossed my mind at any point. Nine years since first watching it, the idea of “leaving” is too far-fetched.

the irony is shortly after I joined the herd in April 2013, Equestria Girls was coming and several Bronies wanted to leave the fandom because of it. And I said to myself back then "Why would I want to leave the fandom just when I joined it?"

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not really. I rarely let the actions of a few degenerates stop me from interacting with a larger group of people who share an interest in a show or hobby unless the general community is bad, which in that case I would. 

in a sense of things, yes ^^'
Mostly because I feel like moving on to other things eventually. [i found i enjoy drawing other things more than ponies + people are just kinda two faced in mlp fandom]

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

No, because I never considered myself part of the fandom. :proud: 

Jokes aside, it's more like I've seen way too many moments that made me swear off ever actually joining. I'm fine right here watching everything unfold from my little hill.

• Brohoof 1