Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

No, I just do what I can to help. biggrin.png I'm just laying out ways for people to help each other, the real people that need praise here are the tutors.

I will add you as well next time I'm on my desktop, as it is difficult to do on my phone.

Thank you!

I've currently got D's in English 1 and Pre-AP Geometry. If I could get some help with that, it'd be much appreciated. In english, I understand all the vocabulary words (and often use them in common conversation,) but I can't do all the writing, which is the majority of our grade. Like, 70-90%. In Pre-Ap Geometry, I can understand all the numbers, that's all fine and dandy, I just can't remember any of the reasons! The postulates, theorems, and phrases all get mixed up in my head, none of them making sense even if I manage to remember what they're called. I can tell what I have to do next, and how to do it, but I can't name why, or which postulate/theorem/whatever-that-third-thing-is-called allows me to do so. Like I said, any help would be much appreciated, if someone could help me out.

I would be more than willing to help you with English, if there isn't anyone else you would rather have help you! Although I'm good at geometry, its been almost 4 years since I took it though, so you might want to find someone else! laugh.png

I could help in 7th grade math, like add or subtract fractions, multiply and divide fractions, 1 step equations, and 2 step equations.

I'm sorry, but we are not currently accepting anymore math tutors until people request help with math. :3 if you find someone that needs help and wants you to tutor them I'd be more than happy to add you.

If you need tutors for Photoshop I can do that... I'm also experienced in Illustrator and Premiere Pro. I however am not qualified to tutor english, since I'm bad at filler text.

Alrighty, will do. Sorry for the long wait, I've been very busy.

I'm quite familiar with Java so I'd be able to offer tutoring/general help up to high school level. Add me to the tutor list if that's alright with you!

Okay. Will add you.

Something I can also help with is basic VB programming, I'm not a master but I should be able to help out with some minor problems.

I'm not too familiar with VB programming, unless it is Visual Basic. Which it probably is... :P

I can't add that topic, however, unless someone requests it personally. But if you find someone I will certainly add you.

• Brohoof 1

Hi, I'd like to work on my Spanish skills (they seriously need improvement, I got a B in the class overall for 1st quarter, and on my speaking exam I got a C)

Right now I'm studying Spanish Two so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Though I'm not taking Music Theory, I'd like to understand music to a greater extent (I'm already in band) so if someone could just run through some basic stuff I would really appreciate it. 

I see that I'm not in the tutor list. Well, nevermind. Dsanders hasn't been contacting me for more than a week or two. That kinda kills my interest on tutoring people. I don't know about the others.

At least I still have a friend who asked me to teach him programming and game development for some artworks in return. :P

• Brohoof 1

Hi, I'd like to work on my Spanish skills (they seriously need improvement, I got a B in the class overall for 1st quarter, and on my speaking exam I got a C)

Right now I'm studying Spanish Two so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Though I'm not taking Music Theory, I'd like to understand music to a greater extent (I'm already in band) so if someone could just run through some basic stuff I would really appreciate it.

Alright. :D just PM one if our Spanish tutors located on the front page. I'm pretty sure Thunder Dash, as well as Spanish, also does music theory.

I see that I'm not in the tutor list. Well, nevermind. Dsanders hasn't been contacting me for more than a week or two. That kinda kills my interest on tutoring people. I don't know about the others.

At least I still have a friend who asked me to teach him programming and game development for some artworks in return. :P

:( I'm sorry for not putting you on the list. Somehow I must have skipped over you or didn't understand something. Very sorry.

Okay. Will add you.

Just to let you know Java and JavaScript are two different things. JavaScript is for webpages and Java is used for computers programs.

Java is what I know, not JavaScript. :)

Just to let you know Java and JavaScript are two different things. JavaScript is for webpages and Java is used for computers programs.

Java is what I know, not JavaScript. :)

Oh darn it. I really must have mixed then up in my head. Sorry. It's hard to do all the stuff on my phone. D: I'll fix it right away, once again sorry.

Oh darn it. I really must have mixed then up in my head. Sorry. It's hard to do all the stuff on my phone. D: I'll fix it right away, once again sorry.

Haha no problem at all! I just know nothing about JavaScript. It's weird how the two have similar names yet are completely different.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry for not putting you on the list. Somehow I must have skipped over you or didn't understand something. Very sorry.

Well, what are you going to do about it now? Are you going to add me to the list? I don't know if people are still looking for tutors here. Do those tutors usually tell you if they've got some students?

Well, what are you going to do about it now? Are you going to add me to the list? I don't know if people are still looking for tutors here. Do those tutors usually tell you if they've got some students?

Honestly, no. I let the students PM the tutor they want and then the tutor is supposed to message me telling they have taken the student. But no one has done that so far. D: at least we have some contacts up if people need it.

Do you want added? I'll have to do it tomorrow. I'm exhausted and I work tomorrow.

So...uh...

Mind if I can tutor Algebra, Geometry, and Chinese? I'm not sure if I should however; I'm still 14 and just recently finished those two in junior high. Nonetheless, I'm Chinese, and I think I can help some people here.

Honestly, no. I let the students PM the tutor they want and then the tutor is supposed to message me telling they have taken the student. But no one has done that so far. D: at least we have some contacts up if people need it.

Do you want added? I'll have to do it tomorrow. I'm exhausted and I work tomorrow.

It's up to you.

Well, I think it's important for tutors to contact you if they get a client, because it will let you know if this thread is functioning or not.

Where do you work, if I may ask?

At least I still have a friend who asked me to teach him programming and game development for some artworks in return. tongue.png

Hey, I apologize for having not responded to you in a while man. But believe me, I am still interested in learning as much as I can from you. It's just one, I realized that I still have quite a bit to work on as far as fully understanding the HTML language, and two, school. 

School is the biggest factor here. I'm starting to get more serious about improving my grades and passing all my classes this year, so I'll be devoting more time to my studies. 

So that, plus the fundamentals of programming have really been putting me in a really tight schedule.

I still want to be your student. It's just you're gonna have to be really patient with me now. I promise, once I get the language and the site's basic layout all down, I will get back to you and we will continue our lessons! :)

• Brohoof 1

It's up to you.

Well, I think it's important for tutors to contact you if they get a client, because it will let you know if this thread is functioning or not.

Where do you work, if I may ask?

Yeah, I really wish they'd contact me if they do get a student. :(

Oh I work in a little flower shop in my town. It's really nice and cozy, but can be pretty hectic sometimes. With all the funeral orders and such. People don't expect a flower shop to be hectic... But darn it really can be. X.x

So...uh...

Mind if I can tutor Algebra, Geometry, and Chinese? I'm not sure if I should however; I'm still 14 and just recently finished those two in junior high. Nonetheless, I'm Chinese, and I think I can help some people here.

We currently aren't accepting any math tutors right now. Plus, not to be mean or anything, but most of the people that need help with math are doing calculus and higher than junior high math. I just wouldn't want to put you in a position where you wouldn't know what you are doing. (Not saying you couldn't, just since you are pretty young you should be focusing on your main studies, but I'm proud of you for being able to do algebra and geometry. My school didn't teach that to us until we were freshman.) :D but I will certainly add you in Chinese. I will have to add you tomorrow.

((Sorry if this sounded rude, I reeeeally don't mean it to be in any way.))

Oh I work in a little flower shop in my town. It's really nice and cozy, but can be pretty hectic sometimes. With all the funeral orders and such. People don't expect a flower shop to be hectic... But darn it really can be. X.x

That's uh... sweet (can't find the right word to describe it). XD

Yeah, I really wish they'd contact me if they do get a student.

Well, tell them! Make a group PM, telling that they must tell you and stuff. Statistic is useful. You can get a bragging right like, "This thread is managing 341341 students and 198334 tutors at the moment." 

School is the biggest factor here. I'm starting to get more serious about improving my grades and passing all my classes this year, so I'll be devoting more time to my studies. 

You're telling me... you study for school at home? :P

Nah. I don't really care. I'm spend my free time to study game development stuff instead. I also got a friend who's interested in the same field, so I can tutor him once in a while as well.

• Brohoof 1

We currently aren't accepting any math tutors right now. Plus, not to be mean or anything, but most of the people that need help with math are doing calculus and higher than junior high math. I just wouldn't want to put you in a position where you wouldn't know what you are doing. (Not saying you couldn't, just since you are pretty young you should be focusing on your main studies, but I'm proud of you for being able to do algebra and geometry. My school didn't teach that to us until we were freshman.) biggrin.png but I will certainly add you in Chinese. I will have to add you tomorrow.

((Sorry if this sounded rude, I reeeeally don't mean it to be in any way.))

It's fine. I wonder if I'm too young to be tutoring...

So...is it simplified Chinese or traditional? I can do both, though since I'm from Taiwan, I'm more able to recognize the latter.

Just saw this now. I was ridiculous in Alegbra that my teacher told me to stop getting up to go to the board lol. I can tutor for Algebra if needed. And Trig was so easy for me I kinda fell asleep once or twice ;)

Just saw this now. I was ridiculous in Alegbra that my teacher told me to stop getting up to go to the board lol. I can tutor for Algebra if needed. And Trig was so easy for me I kinda fell asleep once or twice wink.png

Haha I've fallen asleep in math classes before too... But not because I was too good at them! laugh.png  I envy you, math was never my strong suit! Doing well in it on the ACT and the SAT was a nightmare.... KUbAnTY.png

• Brohoof 1

Haha I've fallen asleep in math classes before too... But not because I was too good at them! img-1998051-2-laugh.png  I envy you, math was never my strong suit! Doing well in it on the ACT and the SAT was a nightmare.... img-1998051-3-KUbAnTY.png

Oh man I hear that. Math on SAT was easier for me this year than ACT. Algebra is definitely my strong point because i dunno why it just comes really easy to me to the point where I don't have to try too hard. Calculus isn't too bad either this year :P

God damn it, Algebra 1 is killing me now. :(

I'm in Algebra 2 and right now we're just going over review, and it's kicking my ass. I don't even get it. Why is math so hard to understand!? sad.png

How was I even able to pass Geometry with straight As? 

This linear crap is ridiculous!

Agrhhh!

*flips table*

I need to get an A in that class, but I don't see how that's possible. sad.png