Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

Hi again

I had this question on my exam and I screwed it up really badly so I'm wondering how you actually get the right answer.

Attached is the first page of the investigation and the page with the question I messed up on (my answer was so dumb I had to cover it up)

Hope someone can help me!

post-29246-0-92209200-1427449338_thumb.jpg

post-29246-0-65583200-1427449490_thumb.jpg

how are these photos ALWAYS rotating themselves

Edited by Starlight Glimmer

Hi again

I had this question on my exam and I screwed it up really badly so I'm wondering how you actually get the right answer.

Attached is the first page of the investigation and the page with the question I messed up on (my answer was so dumb I had to cover it up)

Hope someone can help me!

attachicon.gifIMG_20150327_173449.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20150327_173740.jpg

how are these photos ALWAYS rotating themselves

Drasamo and I've been looking at it for a long time and we think we got the answer.

For part b, it relates because if you put the numbers like this

10 8 6 4 2 9 5 1   3

1   3 5 7 9 2 6 10 8

You can see that 10 and 1 corresponds, and 8 and 3 corresponds. They're mirrored.

Part c, if you write up the numbers 1-700, like this.

1         2

700   699

It keeps on going, they all add up to 701. And it says that the disc numbered 376 is remaining, so if you subtract (701-376), then your answer should be 325. 

Edited by Simon the Salem

Anyone good at hgh school geometry and biology? I'm going to end up failing both, especially when I don't care about either subject but I'm forced to care because grades.

I really don't understand either subject, I just want to pass these classes and I can't do that when I literally black-out/shut-down from doing a bit of geometry or biology work.

So some help 1-on-1 as soon as possible while helping me through my actual assignments would be great.

Anyone good at hgh school geometry and biology? I'm going to end up failing both, especially when I don't care about either subject but I'm forced to care because grades.

I really don't understand either subject, I just want to pass these classes and I can't do that when I literally black-out/shut-down from doing a bit of geometry or biology work.

So some help 1-on-1 as soon as possible while helping me through my actual assignments would be great.

Great at biology; learning geometry but still good at it. Shoot me any questions you have.

Drasamo and I've been looking at it for a long time and we think we got the answer.

For part b, it relates because if you put the numbers like this

10 8 6 4 2 9 5 1 3

1 3 5 7 9 2 6 10 8

You can see that 10 and 1 corresponds, and 8 and 3 corresponds. They're mirrored.

Part c, if you write up the numbers 1-700, like this.

1 2

700 699

It keeps on going, they all add up to 701. And it says that the disc numbered 376 is remaining, so if you subtract (701-376), then your answer should be 325.

Hey, thanks for the help. Cleared it up for me! Exam boards sure are sneaky with their questions...

My teacher said apparently the answer to b is that the numbers in the sequences always add to 11. (How was I supposed to know?!) Exams be tricky. (Writing your answer would've gotten me a lot further in that test than what I actually put down :') )

Edited by Starlight Glimmer
  • Brohoof 2

Look at you weak cheaters, asking off of one another! Back in my day, if we needed help, we'd get 'em off a book! I am so ashamed of this new generation.

Just kidding, I need homework help. What's 2+2?

(edited)

Look at you weak cheaters, asking off of one another! Back in my day, if we needed help, we'd get 'em off a book! I am so ashamed of this new generation.

Just kidding, I need homework help. What's 2+2?

Friendship is magic. Books are for the weak.

Also 2+2 is 22, duh!

In case anyone thought I was being legit, 2+2 is actually 4

Edited by Times

I really need some help :( I don't understand how to calculate electrical currents or intensity or shiz like that and I got a 0 on my Science test because of it :( I really hope someone can lend me a hand so I don't fail my Science trimester test this week -_-

Do you have some sample questions you can post? AC or DC?

I'll get my notebook ;) And I don't think AC or DC has anything to do with these certain problems, they're just weird ^_^

@@BronyNumber42

Here's an example :) Sorry for the wait, I've been busy ^_^

Calculate the intensity of the electric field generated by a charge of 5 x 10^2C and a distance of 30 cm. (The ^ means exponent ;))

I really hope you or someone else can help :(

(edited)

Calculate the intensity of the electric field generated by a charge of 5 x 10^2C and a distance of 30 cm. (The ^ means exponent ) I really hope you or someone else can help

Coulombs Law. There should be some formulas in your book

E = 1 / (4 pi \epsilon_0 ) (q/r^2) = 4.993 * 10^13 V/m

that's what I got. What about you?

BTW, how do you do the @ and member name thing?

Edited by BronyNumber42

Depending on what book you have, the whole "1/(4*pi*epsilon0)" could be written as "k". Just a side note.

@@BronyNumber42

If you select a little bit of text in someone's post, some buttons will come up. One of them is "@mention", and that will give you the whole thing.

Alternatively, you can do this:

[ b ]@[ member='MemberName' ][ /b ]

(but without spaces)

• Brohoof 1

I,m interested in learning music but I know nothing about it my goal is to make dubstep and other edm. I have a compaq nw8440 laptop its a duel centrino 2.6 gb cpu 4 gb ram I have 12 gb left on my 100 gb 7200 rpm hdd and 258 mb of vram. I,m just looking for resources to point me in the right direction at least.

There aren't any formulas in my book.... :blink: And I don't recognize what you gave me unfortunately ^_^ I have a different formula, I'll post in here once I come back. Gotta go for now ^_^

@,

I don't understand how a physics book wouldn't have a formula. How were you taught the material? It's hard to type stuff in plain text. 

\epsilon_0 is the Latex code for epsilon0 which is the permittivity of vacuum. 

Does anyone here know how to typeset Latex in the forums?

@@BronyNumber42

Here's an example :) Sorry for the wait, I've been busy ^_^

Calculate the intensity of the electric field generated by a charge of 5 x 10^2C and a distance of 30 cm. (The ^ means exponent ;))

I really hope you or someone else can help :(

Just went over this in ap physics. The general equation for for the strength of an electric field at a distance is given by k*q/r^2

Thus 8.89*10^9*(5x10^2)/(0.30^2)

I think you may have the charge way off because 500 coulombs is an absurd amount of charge

No formulas? That's odd. What's the name of this book?

I think you may have the charge way off because 500 coulombs is an absurd amount of charge

Maybe it's 50 mC?

A right circular cone has a base of radius 1 and height 3. A cube is inscribed in the cone so that one face of the cube is contained in the base of the cone. What is the side length of the cube?

I finally got a meaningful answer, but I'd like a check.

A right circular cone has a base of radius 1 and height 3. A cube is inscribed in the cone so that one face of the cube is contained in the base of the cone. What is the side length of the cube?

I finally got a meaningful answer, but I'd like a check.

Well, I gave it a try and I got 6/(2+3√2), or about 0.9611. ^^

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

What would 'technologies' mean in jewelry design? For an assignment that's due in two days.

I don't quite understand the question... are you writing an essay or something?

I would imagine technology relating to jewelry would be things like means of cutting stones and of making those intricate designs in ways that still hold together.

...unless they mean jewelry with technology built into it, like a watch or one of those heat-sensitive ring whizbangs.

• 2 weeks later...

Request: I need help forming a thesis for an argumentative History research paper.

Subject of paper: The usage and trading of opium in World War II.

Aim of subject: Relations between China and Japan, and possibly Korea.

Details of aim: Need to link historical events to memories of the war.

Specific misc. info/relevant secondary aims: Chinese collaboration in the willingness of selling to Japan; symbol of exploitation; century of shame; poppy growing in Korea; colonial powers involved; and puppet regimes in China.

Target of aims: To explain the ways in which opium fits into Chinese memories of WWII.

---

Now, while it is true that it may seem like I know what I'm doing and that it may seem like I have a good amount of knowledge about my subject...

I'm not a History major.  I have no idea how to make an argument for a History paper.  I'm only in this class because it fulfills a certain requirement of the honors program that I am in at my college.  I have always been fine with writing papers in English classes because English papers are more focused on language arts subjects, plus, I was able to pick topics that I was used to and knew a lot about... But, I'm a computer science major, and History is not my forte at all.  Especially not Asia in WWII.  This class has pushed me beyond my limits and understandings.  

If anyone here is good with History... can you help guide me in making an argumentative thesis?

Thanks,
Miles

P.S. I chose the topic of opium because there are a good amount of sources I can use, both primary and secondary.  My teacher is the one who told me how I should aim the paper.