Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something you suck at, but want to master.

Smarts

1. Social skills. I have mad anxiety that makes it nigh impossible to talk to people I haven't known for multiple years. 

2. Writing. I am naturally talented and trained in writing prose and especially poetry but I still have trouble creating consistency in my words, expanding my vocabulary, and finishing projects that I have started.

3. Diligence. I have real problems sitting down and seeing things in general to completion, especially classes and studying, and worst of all, reading. 

4. Finally, hypnosis. I've been reading a lot about it over the last week and it's the most interesting thing I've read about in years, so I hope I can stick to it and get good at creating trances and suggestions...

This is a really good thread! I like.

• Brohoof 3

Making Parodies of Songs:

I am always trying to come up with unique parodies of most songs I hear,  I'd get a few lines and then start to suck big time.

Writing fanfics(Puncuation)

If you people can't tell, my puncuation and writing skills are kinda off.

Drawing

Roleplaying

I still feel like I really suck at this and want to get myself better even though the people I roleplay with think I'm really good at it.

Being successful in life

Being more social:

This has been the one thing that has stopped me from ever having a girlfriend that and my shyness. I am not good with large groups of people I don't know. I just end up nervously looking down at my shoes until someone involves me into the conversation.

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm... I would have to say "Art" in general.  Writing/Playing music, Drawing/Painting, ect.  I have always admiered those that can do this stuff.  From the "High class" stuff that you fine in museums to stuff on the net like deviant art and youtube.    I could kinda draw, used to be able to sing. 

Lol, I can build a house from the ground up just don't ask me to draw it.

• Brohoof 2

Parkour. I'm extremely clumsy and unathletic, I have shitty coordination and balance, and I can't even catch a freaking ball. Yet I'd love to learn parkour.

Music. I was horrible at music when I was in school, and I've never tried since. I want to learn to play the violin.

Writing and drawing. I've been told that I have potential, but I really don't have the discipline to practice and get better at either of those things.

• Brohoof 2

@@Fluttershyfan94, I know that feel. I was never good at socializing either and stopped caring about it all together. I know I need it in life, but I'm not going to bother with it. I'm not a social person and I prefer keeping it that way. So, I can safely say that is the one thing I will never master. :)

• Brohoof 2

3. Diligence. I have real problems sitting down and seeing things in general to completion, especially classes and studying, and worst of all, reading.

This guy has got it down.There are lots of things i want to learn,and lots of things i want to be better at,but until i improve my diligence,I'm not gonna be able to go anywhere.

• Brohoof 2

Being successful in life

Being more social:

This has been the one thing that has stopped me from ever having a girlfriend that and my shyness. I am not good with large groups of people I don't know. I just end up nervously looking down at my shoes until someone involves me into the conversation.

What do you define as success?

What do you define as life?

What is "a successful life" to you?

Is that definition something that would be fulfilling? Would it produce happiness?

Do your definitions of fulfillment and happiness overlap, or are they seperate?

Protip: Happiness can never be gained directly. it is always the by-product of something-else sought.

• Brohoof 4

Handwriting, I can write somewhat good if I put every single ounce of pressure from my body onto the pencil.Other than that the best I can write is probably "scribble scrabble".

Agree. I also hate when you're taking notes and you're handwriting is freaking perfect but then you have a written assignment/quiz/test and it's atrocious.

Bonus points if no one else ever uses your notes but you.

• Brohoof 1

Well, there are many things I suck at which I'd love to be better at, drawing, writting, speaking, and many other things, some of which I simply can't do at all.

Of course I've always wanted to be even just a good singer, being a master of it would be awesome though.

I mean i still kinda think I'm sorta meh at singing, but I do love to sing, and I want to get better.

I really just like music in general though, I play trumpet also, of course I'd be stupid to say I suck, because while I'm nothing special I am able to play decently Atleast.

I'd like to be able to play guitar, or keyboard also, probaly keyboard a bit more, because idk, knowing either would be nice, but self teaching is hard and frusterating.

Of course singing is probaly still at the top of my list, heck I use to want to be a professional singer, and while I no longer really want to for multiple reasons, I still enjoy it, and do want to get better so I can sing covers or maybe even original songs, heck maybe write some of my own who knows.

But overall being able to sing good would be pretty awesome I think.

• Brohoof 3

The guitar of course, it's my dream to learn to play one, but I don't have the time or money to sponsor that hobby. Also sword fighting, I don't exactly suck per say, its just I don't really have a technique.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I would love to be better at both art and singing. 

I also would love to be great at Algebra...why?

Because my grade would benefit at it. :/

• Brohoof 4

I really wish that I was better with swords. The same goes for pistols. Scratch that; just pistols. I'm alright with a sword, but I miss with a .22 cal at 3 yards. I'd have a better chance hitting my target by throwing the gun.

• Brohoof 4

Algebra and guitar.

I've always been terrible at math. The only reason I get into advanced math classes is my calculator. I do great on end of the year tests with the old thing, but once I actually have to work out problems in-class, things go down hill. I can usually maintain a B, but I currently have an F in algebra.

As for guitar, I tried to learn it for like a year. I really did try, but I couldn't contain all of the things I needed to learn. Still wanna get some lessons.

• Brohoof 1