Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something you suck at, but want to master.

Smarts

Drawing Ponies

Drawing anime

Writing stories

and Gardening, I have black thumbs :(

I'm sure I have more things I want to master, but suck at but I can't think of more right now :P

Maybe I should add 'thinking of what I want to master, but suck at' to the list. hahahah!

• Brohoof 3

Life in general? I really feel that a lot of the time I really am inadequate at everything, and wish there was something that could be done. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but it's really not intended to be one... This is just how I have always felt.

For something specific, perhaps drawing or music. I always want to draw, probably because all I watch is animation. lol. But I just can't... It makes me feel inadequate... And music, well I'd just love to have natural talent in music, because at this point in my life with my schedule and health I need it to be able to succeed.

• Brohoof 2

I really wish that I was better with swords. The same goes for pistols. Scratch that; just pistols. I'm alright with a sword, but I miss with a .22 cal at 3 yards. I'd have a better chance hitting my target by throwing the gun.

I wish I could fire a gun period, never had and that's something I want to do badly. Very badly. I guess another obvious thing that I suck at but want to master is socializing. Hell I actually barely talk to other people on the forum.

• Brohoof 3

I wish I could fire a gun period, never had and that's something I want to do badly. Very badly. I guess another obvious thing that I suck at but want to master is socializing. Hell I actually barely talk to other people on the forum.

Well, you seem to be talking to me right now. I'd say that you're getting better at socializing every single second. By the way: why can't you fire a gun? Are they banned/illegal where you live, or does your family not feel comfortable around guns?

• Brohoof 1

Well, you seem to be talking to me right now. I'd say that you're getting better at socializing every single second. By the way: why can't you fire a gun? Are they banned/illegal where you live, or does your family not feel comfortable around guns?

My mom has an issue with guns so growing up I was never around them. I might get one down the road now that I'm on my own. I dunno though, kind of poor right now and living in a dorm.

• Brohoof 2

My mom has an issue with guns so growing up I was never around them. I might get one down the road now that I'm on my own. I dunno though, kind of poor right now and living in a dorm.

Ah. That sucks. Well, if you do get around to owning a gun, try and buy one from pre-1900's. Any gun manufactured before the 1900's is considered a collectible and not an actual firearm, even if the do still work properly.

• Brohoof 1

I definitely wish I was a good artist. In the sense of drawing ponies at least. I suck at drawing in general. And then there's being able to handle my nerves. People know I'm a nervous person. I just wish I could learn to handle my fears better...

• Brohoof 1

I'm bad at lucid dreaming. But I really, really want to master it. Unfortunately it's a lot of work. Trying to remember your dreams, writing them down every morning and remembering to do reality checks during the day.

I really wish I'd be better at doing my projects/assignments on time. I'm a major procrastinator and I literally wait until the last minute; it's terrible.

• Brohoof 2

Drawing. I have a high amount of respect for those who have the patience and diligence to see a piece of art through from start to finish.

On a slightly related note, I wish to become better at writing music as well. I don't "suck" at it, but I have a desire to become far greater at it than I am right now. :)

• Brohoof 2

Martial arts, tae kwon do to be specific, (hahaha it totally points out my Asian stereotype XD) 

or 

Drawing, I don't technically suck at drawing... I'm better than many but not better than most.

Either way; no matter what tricks and techniques I try it never works, it takes time practice and devotion, a devoted mind is much more effective than some quick tricks and techniques.

• Brohoof 1

Drawing ^^ tis all, i suck, i cant even draw a pony, it's quite depressing actually ;-; i have so many friends who are amazing and im just sitting in the corner liek "derp :3 "       *shows hideous drawing of RD *

• Brohoof 1

1. Violin. In my opinion, the violin produces a sound that is simultaneously sad and sweet and those who play well can invoke powerful emotions. Right now I only invoke anger with my terrible playing.

2.Markmanship. I enjoy shooting recreationally but would like to be able to quick draw in an emergency and hit my target with as few shots as possible.

• Brohoof 2

Animating.

I can draw fine, (if I say so myself), but I can't get fluent animations. D: They always end up stopping and starting, so people look like robots. :|

• Brohoof 1

Playing the guitar.  I have wanted to play the guitar for almost as long as I can remember, but every attempt at teaching myself has failed miserably.  I just don't seem to be able to play fretted instruments, beats me why...  :huh:

P.S. Oh, hey, I'm a cupcake now ^_^

Edited by SilverQuill
  • Brohoof 2

Vector art!  I just managed to produce my first partially vectored OC art--the boat and the sun.  The rest is flagrant cheating with Pony Creator and Photoshop.  I have a long way to go before I can really get that wily Pen Tool to do what I want it to. :lol:

I am terrible at art,

My avatar took me 3 days to draw

3 DAYS

If you drew your current avatar in three days, we should all throw cream pies at you until you run screaming from the thread, because you don't suck--in fact, you're freaking awesomeIf you're that "bad" at socializing, you'll probably be the next President or Prime Minister of your country. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Vector art!  I just managed to produce my first partially vectored OC art--the boat and the sun.  The rest is flagrant cheating with Pony Creator and Photoshop.  I have a long way to go before I can really get that wily Pen Tool to do what I want it to. :lol:

If you drew your current avatar in three days, we should all throw cream pies at you until you run screaming from the thread, because you don't suck--in fact, you're freaking awesomeIf you're that "bad" at socializing, you'll probably be the next President or Prime Minister of your country. 

Oh my god, that is the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me.

Even my mum doesn't say inspiring things to me, all I ever get is 'clean your godamn room' 'do your homework' 'get out of bed'

Be my friend

• Brohoof 2

Oh my god, that is the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me.

Even my mum doesn't say inspiring things to me, all I ever get is 'clean your godamn room' 'do your homework' 'get out of bed'

Be my friend

*Friended* 

Has your mum seen your artwork?  If she has, and not squee'd with delight and pride, then major parenting fail on her part.  That, plus the "not saying inspiring things to you" bit.  Your avatar and the pics on your profile page are top-tier, in my opinion.  Certainly light-years beyond what took quite a bit longer than three days for me to accomplish!  Do you do paid commissions on this site?  If you have any interest in doing so, you really, really should

You really drew your avatar in three days?!  Drew, from a blank slate?  And you're still young enough to have homework?  I.e., not a student or graduate of some art and design school or university?  *picks jaw back up off the floor*  Check your flank.  I think you must have an art-related cutie mark. :)  Your work is definitely professional quality.  Unless you bought it all from some grizzled beret-wearing Frenchman on DeviantArt and you're just having us on. ;)  

Also, the point of this thread is to post something you suck at and would like to master, not something you've already mastered.  Try again.  *throws cream pie*

• Brohoof 1