Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your top 5 Zelda games?

Champion RD92

1. Wind Waker. Art style had flair and humour. The exploration element was especially highlight, and the expanse of the open sea was a great experience.

2. Majora's Mask. Already expansive, and the longevity of story line highlighted the element of adventure. The impending moon always had me on tenterhooks :)

3. Phantom Hourglass. Probably had the most imaginative puzzles of any Zelda game. Customising your ship was a great touch, navigability was accurate and it was just a satisfying play.

4. Ocarina of Time. Yeah, I put this after Phantom Hourglass... problem? ;) Perhaps it was because I didn't play it until the GameCube edition, but it was still an engaging and innovative game. I was pleased about the 3DS re-release.

5. I actually haven't played a fifth Zelda game. I really should.
  • Brohoof 1

Dudeguisebrahs the original Zelda game is by far superior. It's precisely what a game should be: Fun, addictive and simple. It had a very simplistic yet fun goal and was all about stabbing bad guys in the guts. Video Games doesn't get any more fun than that

1. Original

2. Link to the Past

3. Majora

4. Ocarina

5. The Adventure of Link..............

• Brohoof 1

Ocarina of Time. Yeah, I put this after Phantom Hourglass... problem? 

I'm sorry, but that's bullcrap. Phantom Hourglass was so boring in my opinion, I ended up trading in the game because I didn't like it.

5. The Adventure of Link..............

That's probably the worst Zelda game I ever played in my life, that game was terrible.

I'm sorry, but that's bullcrap. Phantom Hourglass was so boring in my opinion

And in my opinion, Phantom Hourglass was entertaining and imaginative. It's not bullcrap just because it differs from your taste in games. Not saying that Ocarina of Time wasn't either, but I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass more.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

And in my opinion, Phantom Hourglass was entertaining and imaginative. It's not bullcrap just because it differs from your taste in games. Not saying that Ocarina of Time wasn't either, but I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass more.

Yeah, but Ocarina of Time is considered by a lot of people to be not only the greatest Zelda game, but the greatest game of all time. You can't say the same for Phantom Hourglass. Although you can't really compare a console game to a portable system game. Still, Ocarina of Time is a billion times better than Phantom Hourglass. 

Probably going to contradict what I may have said elsewhere, but today, I'd feel like ranking them thusly:

1. Link to the Past

2. Ocarina of Time

3. Majora's Mask

4. Adventures of Link

5. Wand of Gamelon Wind Waker

That's probably the worst Zelda game I ever played in my life, that game was terrible.

lol u just mad cuz u suck at it noob

• Brohoof 2

Twilight Princess

Wind Waker

Minish Cap

A Link To The Past

Phantom Hourglass

I haven't played Phantom Hourglass in a long time but the only thing I remember hating about the game was the fact that it was controlled by the stylus. I absolutely hate games that are completely stylus controlled but if I can't hate Sonic Chronicles because of stylus-only controls I certainly can't hate Phantom Hourglass because of it. :P

I've yet to play Spirit Tracks or Skyward Sword though. Someday I'll get around to them. I hear Spirit Tracks is an infinite improvement on Phantom Hourglass too so that'll be fun.

• Brohoof 1

1. The Faces of Evil

Mah Boi! This peace is what all true warriors strive for!

1. Wind Waker

I loved the CEL shading which everyone hated and I loved the exploration. God this game is awesome

2. Skyward Sword

Loved the motion control and for those of you who complain that it's to linear, I don't get why you have a problem with it. There is a lot fun stuff to do in Skyloft and linearity isn't necessarily a bad thing.

3. The Phantom Hourglass

First Zelda game I played and thought it was fun, puzzles were good and I enjoyed the sailing.

4. Majoras Mask

I don't know, it was enjoyable... I can't really think of anything XD, It was just fun

5. Spirit Tracks

I can't believe I am putting BOTH DS Zelda games on here but... I did... It was like Phantom Hourglass, but less fun and without sailing (riding around on the friendship express was just not as satisfying)

Edited by NocturnalRainbow
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight Princess

Wind Waker

Minish Cap

A Link To The Past

Phantom Hourglass

I haven't played Phantom Hourglass in a long time but the only thing I remember hating about the game was the fact that it was controlled by the stylus. I absolutely hate games that are completely stylus controlled but if I can't hate Sonic Chronicles because of stylus-only controls I certainly can't hate Phantom Hourglass because of it. :P

I've yet to play Spirit Tracks or Skyward Sword though. Someday I'll get around to them. I hear Spirit Tracks is an infinite improvement on Phantom Hourglass too so that'll be fun.

Where the buck is Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask??? gtfo

No, but seriously, how can you not have at least one of those on your list???

Yeah, but Ocarina of Time is considered by a lot of people to be not only the greatest Zelda game, but the greatest game of all time. You can't say the same for Phantom Hourglass. Although you can't really compare a console game to a portable system game. Still, Ocarina of Time is a billion times better than Phantom Hourglass. 

I actually can compare a handheld game to a console game. The Megaman Zero series is the best of all the Megaman series' whether they be console or handheld. :lol:

Besides, highly acclaimed doesn't mean everyone's going to agree but I say Twilight Princess is everything Ocarina of Time wishes it could be. I don't even agree with people that Twilight Princess is some sort of OoT clone because it really isn't but I will say that everything I liked about OoT was completely overshadowed by TP which is why OoT isn't even on my list.

• Brohoof 2

Why should the opinions of others determine my take on a game? Whichever one you enjoy more is fine by me, but you asked for our order of favourites, and you got mine. 

• Brohoof 3

1. A Link To the Past The most pure Zelda game ever.

2. Majora's Mask Unconventional and unlike any other game in the series, but it's also an emotional, utterly original, and unforgettable experience.

3. The Wind Waker Super inventive, unique artstyle and feel, assessable to the max, and just a blast to play. It also has the best Ganon kill of the entire series.

4. Twilight Princess Yeah, the wolf parts were meh, but everything else made up for it. This was the first Zelda game I ever played, so I have a soft spot for it.

5. Ocarina of Time It's Ocarina of Time.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

I just explained OoT and as for Majora's Mask...I haven't played it in almost twelve years and all I remember is hating the time system with all of my heart and the save system was borked to all hell in combination with it.

I will give the game a shot again since it's been so long since I played it I'd likely be better at it now and might be able to beat it so I didn't put it on the list because of my past experiences and also because I'm treating it as a "haven't played" until I do play it again.

Whichever one you enjoy more is fine by me, but you asked for our order of favourites, and you got mine. 

Fair enough. I don't get how anyone could think Phantom Hourglass is better than Ocarina of Time, but whatever.

Yeah, the wolf parts were meh, but everything else made up for it. 

Dude, but wolves are awesome.

Besides, highly acclaimed doesn't mean everyone's going to agree but I say Twilight Princess is everything Ocarina of Time wishes it could be. I don't even agree with people that Twilight Princess is some sort of OoT clone because it really isn't but I will say that everything I liked about OoT was completely overshadowed by TP which is why OoT isn't even on my list.

I actually feel the complete opposite. Twilight Princess felt like a botched attempt to recapture the magic of Ocarina, whilst at the same time making it "darker", which it also failed at IMO. The wolf aspect was complete BS as well - way to completely suck the player out of the game by forcing sections upon them that totally do not feel like they belong in any Zelda game.

Not a bad game, but certainly a laughable attempt to 1-up the superior N64 titles.

I don't even agree with people that Twilight Princess is some sort of OoT clone

Besides the one factor in each game that sets it apart (the alternate dimensions in LTtP, the wolf segments in TP, etc.), each game is an upgrade on the Zelda formula, so I too never got the argument that TP sucks because it was too similar to OoT.

• Brohoof 2

I actually feel the complete opposite. Twilight Princess felt like a botched attempt to recapture the magic of Ocarina, whilst at the same time making it "darker", which it also failed at IMO. The wolf aspect was complete BS as well - way to completely suck the player out of the game by forcing sections upon them that totally do not feel like they belong in any Zelda game.

Not a bad game, but certainly a laughable attempt to 1-up the superior N64 titles.

I dunno if darker was even the intent. I just figured they were trying to be more serious, particularly after Wind Waker which was a giant goofball (not that OoT was goofy either or that being a goofball made WW any less awesome) but I felt TP was more Zelda than any other game in the series and though the wolf parts, while kinda out of place in a sense, were just a bonus. They added to the atmosphere and cool factor of the game.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, but wolves are awesome.

Yeah, but the segments themselves were...meh. Outside of the "banter" (if you can call it that, since one half of the duo only talks in HI-YAH's) between Link and Midna and the atmosphere, I didn't enjoy the fetch quest aspect of it and how tedious the fights got.

• Brohoof 1

C'mon man. There's a thing called opinions. Calm down. Anyways...

1. Majora's Mask: There's so much to say about this game, but I'll try to make it quick. The cryptic, mysterious atmosphere, story, and symbolism makes it a very dark, more serious Zelda game, if not the most serious. I loved the role the Ocarina had in the entire game, especially the hidden songs (Which helped more than any song you learned). Young Link has a larger role than he ever did, and can now use Adult Link Items (HookShot, Shield, Bow). Oh, and don't even get me started on the masks!

2. Ocarina of Time: What more is there to say about this game that hasn't been said already?

3. Wind Waker: The first of it's kind in the Zelda franchise, the game is original in every aspect, the story is phenomenal, the items are super fun to use, and the Pictobox is addicting.

4. Twilight Princess: While it might not get much acclaim from many OG Zelda players, I thought the entire game was badass, with a mix of other emotions inbetween. Everything from the items, to the boss fights, to even the music made this an awesome Zelda experience. Let's not forget the one of a kind graphics, which I hope we see more of in the future.

5. Minish Cap: It honestly feels a lot more like I'm playing a 3 dimensional Zelda game when I'm playing this. The free movement (more than just 90 degree turns) and the large, expansive world. I love the item system which is more faithful to the first game (two items at a time, and you don't have to have your sword equipped). All in all, it seems like this game is a combination of the best things from all top-view Zelda games, with its own twists. 

• Brohoof 3

The main thing I loved about Twilight Princess more than any other game in the series was the story. There was far more story than the other games and I felt like Link had an actual reason for starting his quest, a personal reason. Wind Waker did this too, of course, but it didn't have quite the atmosphere that TP had.

One of my favorite parts of the game was

when Link had to carry Midna across Hyrule to bring her to Zelda to save her life

Atmosphere and emotion galore.

• Brohoof 3

They added to the atmosphere and cool factor of the game.

I don't know that it truly added anything except for a little bit of extra running around before each dungeon - "return light to this area so that you can become a Hylian in this area, finally able to swing your sword and use your vast array of gadgets and, you know, have fun." Just felt like unnecessary busy work to me...busy work that the game definitely would not have suffered without, IMO.

I suppose it added something for all the wolfaboos out there, but I'm not exactly one myself, so it did literally nothing for me as far as upping the game's 'cool factor'.

Oh yeah, another reason I loved Twilight Princess: The swordfighting was improved drastically. WW had it right with parries but then there was the secret moves you learned from the ancient warrior....I loved using Mortal Draw on every enemy I could find and shield bash and helm-splitter? Muy Bueno!

• Brohoof 1