Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your top 5 Zelda games?

Champion RD92

Oh yeah, another reason I loved Twilight Princess: The swordfighting was improved drastically. WW had it right with parries but then there was the secret moves you learned from the ancient warrior....I loved using Mortal Draw on every enemy I could find and shield bash and helm-splitter? Muy Bueno!

Oh yeah, those sword moves man... It's a shame not many Zelda games have those. Another thing I loved about the sword moves were that they were completely optional, and pretty hard to find.

Oh yeah, those sword moves man... It's a shame not many Zelda games have those. Another thing I loved about the sword moves were that they were completely optional, and pretty hard to find.

Not required for n00bs, makes you feel a badass when you use them, make a lot of fights incredibly easy (I like being a god in my games. :lol: )

Yeah, it was great. :D

I imagine since Skyward Sword has more manual control over your sword they don't have nearly as many, if any, secret moves. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Not required for n00bs, makes you feel a badass when you use them, make a lot of fights incredibly easy (I like being a god in my games. :lol: )

Yeah, it was great. :D

I imagine since Skyward Sword has more manual control over your sword they don't have nearly as many, if any, secret moves. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Never played Skyward Sword before, but that manual control does seem awesome! I should really give it a try one of these days.

I only actually played 4 Zelda games which I really finished and liked.

1. The Wind Waker - A ridiculously large world to explore with plenty of secrets. I also thought the gameplay was really fun. Definitely looking forward to the HD remake.

2. Ocarina of Time - Is it strange that I actually find this more frightening than Majora's Mask? The thought of being alone in a dark temple with unnerving music still scares me to this day.

3. Twilight Princess - I mainly liked this one because of how dark and realistic it was when compared to other Zeldas. Yeah, I thought Majora's Mask was just a little too much for me. I found this one a little too easy, though.

4. The Minish Cap - My favourite top-down Zelda. It has plenty of exploration, neat puzzles, and I really like the concept.

But if I had to pick a fifth, between Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass and Link to the Past, I would choose Skyward Sword. It was quite good, but it would've been better if I didn't have to keep re-aligning the Wiimote every 2 minutes. I hated Phantom Hourglass mainly because of the "fuck you" return trips to the dreaded ocean king temple. And I didn't pick Link to the Past, because I haven't played enough of it. I want to, but I'm always forgetting to.

I only actually played 4 Zelda games which I really finished and liked.

1. The Wind Waker - A ridiculously large world to explore with plenty of secrets. I also thought the gameplay was really fun. Definitely looking forward to the HD remake.

2. Ocarina of Time - Is it strange that I actually find this more frightening than Majora's Mask? The thought of being alone in a dark temple with unnerving music still scares me to this day.

3. Twilight Princess - I mainly liked this one because of how dark and realistic it was when compared to other Zeldas. Yeah, I thought Majora's Mask was just a little too much for me. I found this one a little too easy, though.

4. The Minish Cap - My favourite top-down Zelda. It has plenty of exploration, neat puzzles, and I really like the concept.

But if I had to pick a fifth, between Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass and Link to the Past, I would choose Skyward Sword. It was quite good, but it would've been better if I didn't have to keep re-aligning the Wiimote every 2 minutes. I hated Phantom Hourglass mainly because of the "fuck you" return trips to the dreaded ocean king temple. And I didn't pick Link to the Past, because I haven't played enough of it. I want to, but I'm always forgetting to.

Reasons why the Wiimote was a terrible idea in most cases. 90% of Wiimote-only games could have just as easily been mapped to a Gamecube or Classic controller.

The Wiimote unfocuses too easily because of the limited range in which it can see the sensor on top of the need to swing the Wiimote about. Metroid Prime 3 is probably the worst Metroid Prime game because of it's Wiimote requirement. And then as a bigger fuck you they make the Trilogy which adds those same shitty controls into the first two games.

Edited by Discordian

I only have two zelda games i really like because i get bored of the others

My top 2 zelda games are:

2:Skyward sword

1:Majora's mask

I haven't played all the Zelda games, but I'll make a list out of the ones I have played, so don't let it bother you that Majora's Mask isn't on the list, I just haven't played it... yet. 

1) Ocarina of Time.

2) Skyward Sword 

3) Wind Waker.

4) Twilight Princess. 

5) A Link to the Past. 

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, but Ocarina of Time is considered by a lot of people to be not only the greatest Zelda game, but the greatest game of all time. You can't say the same for Phantom Hourglass. Although you can't really compare a console game to a portable system game. Still, Ocarina of Time is a billion times better than Phantom Hourglass. 

Opinions bro, let's keep it clean now. ;)

Anyway, my list would probably be:

5. The Legend of Zelda

4. Twilight Princess

3. Ocarina of Time

2. Skyward Sword

1. A Link to the Past

Saddens me to leave Wind Waker and Majora's Mask out of there but I have played and beaten and loved both of them, I just like the others there a bit more.

• Brohoof 2

1. The Wind Waker

2. Twilight Princess

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Link's Awakening

5. A Link to the Past

I still haven't played the Oracle games, the Four Swords games, Minish Cap, or Spirit Tracks, and this list changes pretty often, but this my list at this moment.

• Brohoof 4

1. Ocarina of Time, because I grew up with it and it's just so well designed. I don't care if it's a cliche choice.

2. A Link To The Past, because I also grew up with it and it's the best 2D Zelda game in my opinion (I wish we would have gotten more for SNES before it all just went to 3D and Gameboy games I never managed to get a hold of)

3. Twilight Princess, because it felt like a modern sequel to Ocarina of Time in many respects

4. Wind Waker, because I actually like the boat trips, sue me

5. Majora's Mask, I never managed to finish this but it's my favorite game ever concept wise even if it's not my favorite gameplay wise.

Runner up would be Phantom Hourglass and Four Swords Adventures. The ones I don't like are Zelda II, Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks.

• Brohoof 1

And in my opinion, Phantom Hourglass was entertaining and imaginative. It's not bullcrap just because it differs from your taste in games. Not saying that Ocarina of Time wasn't either, but I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass more.

Then you are going to love Spirit Tracks in my opinion. Though I though exploration in Phantom Hourglass was like watching paint dry and being slapped continuously in the face while trying to dry the paint.

My Order

1. Wind Waker: My 1st Zelda game and my favorite. Also it has ok co-op.

2/3 (tie) Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask: I refuse to let the one sit without the other. These games complement each other and excel at where the other fails.

4. Minish Cap: One of the strongest 2D Zeldas. It was one of the few Zelda's that had different ways to approaching fighting enemies (some of the other are Wind Waker, Link to the Past, and LoZ).

5. Four Swords Adventures: On solid 2D zelda in appearence. It slightly tweaks the meta of Zelda to give the game huge replay ability. You can only pick one weapon at a time, many levels you can play with using different obtainable weapons. That becomes much easier when you have more than one person playing with you.

• Brohoof 2

1. Twilight Princess

2. Ocaraina of time

3. Link's Awakening

4. Zelda 2 adventure of Link

5. A link to the Past

That's my list and I'm Sticking to it.  Atleast untill a better zelda game comes along.

Another thing I loved about the sword moves were that they were completely optional, and pretty hard to find.

Optional yeah but it felt like there were some mobs late game that were seriously strong and without the right move you were screwed.  The Armored Knights come to mind,  where I had to roll behind them or mortal blow. 

Or yeah I could just not be that Leet of a player too.

• Brohoof 2

Sheesh, hardly any mention of Link's Awakening >_>

1) A Link to the Past

2) Link's Awakening

3) Twilight Princess

4) Windwaker

5) A tie between Majora's Mask and Minish Cap

Also, this is probably major Zelda fan heresy, but I didn't care for the first game

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Allright, let me make my list.

1. Link the Faces of Evil (Let me explain why I love this game so much by showing you a video)

2. The Wand of Gamelon

3. Zelda's Adventure

Oh yea! Those are the only games I need for the rest of my life!....

Okay, okay....So that may not be my actual list. The real list is down below.

1. Ocarina of Time

2. A Link to the Past

3. Majora's Mask

4. Twilight Princess

5. Links Awakening

I am a really big fan of Zelda and I have beaten all but three. Not including the CDi games. Of course I will have 5 to beat when the new 3ds Zelda game comes out and Zelda Wii U comes out. I still have to beat Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Spirit Tracks. I will probably also replay Majora's Mask. I was but a wee lad when I first played it, so I am sure I will appreciate it more when I play it again.

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 3

Sheesh, hardly any mention of Link's Awakening >_> 1) A Link to the Past2) Link's Awakening3) Twilight Princess4) Windwaker5) A tie between Majora's Mask and Minish Cap Also, this is probably major Zelda fan heresy, but I didn't care for the first game

Link's Awakening is okay. I don't care for it too much though, I find it a little annoying to play. :P

Saddens me that more people don't mention the original though, it's an amazing game really imo, just really challenging at first is all. :lol:

1. Twilight Princess..

That's the only one I have played.

Now wait, don't raise your pitchforks yet, I have been meaning to play some more in the franchise. I definitely want to check out Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword....I just need to get around to doing that. 

The first page was making me a bit worried that I would be completely alone, then I saw...

4. Link's Awakening

3. Link's Awakening

5. Links Awakening

Sheesh, hardly any mention of Link's Awakening  >_>
2) Link's Awakening

Now for my list...

1: Link's awakening

I don't know why, but I always found this game to be extremely charming - I loved everything from the map, the ballad of the wind fish, the goofy warp glitch, to the whole dream theme. It's always had a special place in my heart... despite the fact that few people seem to recognize that it ever existed. ;_;

2: Link to the Past

It's LttP. I could write a spiel about why it ranks up near the top, but I think I'd largely be preaching to the choir. 

3: Twilight Princess

Yes, I like it more than Link to the Past. Perfect game? Nope - I've got a lot of criticisms that I could levy against it, and can agree with a lot of the criticisms that other toss at it as well... but that said, I found it to be a great bit of fun. Midna was adorable enough that I can forgive the inane 'find the find-the-light-bug-thing' quests.

4: Legend of Zelda

Yes, the original. It was pretty original. I planted bombs on everything like a madman.

5: Skyward Sword

I haven't actually completed this one yet (much to @Jonke's dismay) due to my parents having my Wii on extended loan, but I found the entire thing to be both a joy and a breath of fresh air. I absolutely adore the graphical style.

As for Ocarina of Time, I played it and enjoyed it a fair bit, but it never really resonated with me the way it did most people, it seems. Ah well.

Edited by Zoop
  • Brohoof 3

5: Skyward Sword

I haven't actually completed this one yet (much to @Jonke's dismay) due to my parents having my Wii on extended loan, but I found the entire thing to be both a joy and a breath of fresh air. I absolutely adore the graphical style.

Gotta finish them all~

As for my top 5 list... this is hard but...

1: Majora's Mask

To some this might feel like an overrated first choice but this game has something very special to me, the world. Never had i experienced a game where side quests and self exploration could lead to a deeper understanding of the world you're set to save. Help various people, restore their faith, unveil the world as you help yourself to find your way back to your friend.... it was all tied together so well. It was a very engaging experience. It took me several runs through the game to get a grasp of the bigger picture. (Even then i had many plot holes yet to discover) Masks were also an interesting way to shake up progression and it did make up for the lack of items normally obtained in the Zelda series.

2: Skyward Sword

Say whatever you want... but i love this game. <3

Contrary to popular belief, i had no issue with the sword combat, in fact that was one of its strongest points and it worked flawlessly for me. The story is interesting and once again in a LoZ game, Zelda is actually present in a greater extent throughout the game. Playing a more interesting role (First in Spirit Tracks) and the relation between Zelda and Link is just too cute. <3 Let's not forget its beautiful graphical style.

Despite all problems the game had (Linearity, emptiness, holding hands, etc), everything else make up for a 2nd place.

3: Link's Awakening

A more refined classic title hence above the original. Similar mysterious theme as in MM, charming and memorable world along with a compilation of the better dungeon designs in the series in my opinion. It's hard to beat this game in its territory, the oracle games are good competitors but not enough to make me place them above this title.

4: Twilight Princess

Midna enough said... :3

The graphics in this game were not all that impressive since it was lacking in terms of color range. What carries the game up here is the compelling story and theme. Despite having repetitive elements in the progression (Like Skyward Sword), it had a good amount improvements over its top competitor OoT. To put it simple, TP felt like a refined OoT with a more distinct story.

5: Wind Waker

In terms of 3D world exploration, this game wins by far. Every square of the map has something interesting to discover and is fully explorable not too far into the game. Charming and pleasing world to explore with the cel-shaded graphics and cartoony look. Something that worked very well with the hardware and standard back then. I can't deny that i feel one dungeon is missing from the first sequence of the game, it was a weird transition. :V

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 1

1. A Link to The Past/Ocarina of Time (nearly everything that is good about the series is in these games)

2. Skyward Sword (I am not a fan of motion controls but they worked quite well for me in this one)

3. Majora's Mask (I like the dark melancholy tone and the dungeons are some of the most unique in the series)

4. Legend of Zelda (a good start to a good series)

5. Twilight Princess (dosen't pull off the dark tone as well as Majora's Mask but still not bad)

• Brohoof 1

1. Majora's Mask - It exceeds the other titles because it focuses a lot on an aspect of games that I enjoy more than others - atmosphere and world building.

2. Twilight Princess

3. Ocarina of Time

Actually, I don't know that I have a number 4 and 5. There's not any other Zelda titles I am comfortable calling "favorites" in terms of the series.