Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your top 5 Zelda games?

Champion RD92

35 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

5-Wind Waker: that game has some big annoyances, namely the navigation, and the triforce hunt. Other than that, the game aged far better than OOT in visuals and gameplay. 

2-Majora’s Mask sat on the throne of my favorite Zelda for years. I believe I’ve spoken why I love this game so much: has a mechanic that has been rarely used, a smart reuse of OOT assets, a more immersive and intimate world and characters, and speaking of the characters, they feel very alive and you get genuine love for them, enough to make saving Termina a life goal. Very few fictional works made me feel so attached to them, ponies being another :fluttershy:

1- Breath of the GODDAMN WILD. It was the fresh air the franchise desperately needed. It has a big world, which while a bit empty in terms of population, it has no shortage of stuff to do. This game takes forever to complete because you wanna seek and discover all it’s secrets, and you’d be hard pressed to not find one every minute or so. Not only it stand out in an open world-over saturated market, but it revived hope in a franchise that was stuck on it’s own vices of always trying to repeat the badly aged formula of OOT :mlp_yeehaa:

I agree with what I quote on your post.

Except Majora's Mask is Number 1 for me due to being able to take advantage of the 3 day cycle to come up with many different self-imposed Challenges. Unlike OOT where there are NPC I end up ignoring, MM gives almost every NPC troubles for me to solve. By the end of the game, I felt like I truly helped real people get through their moments of despair and not just from stopping the moon from falling, but actually getting to know each character and their lives.

Wind Waker is #2 for same as your reasons. Most of the problems you said were fixed in the Wii U HD version. Although I had no problems with the original GCN version of it. Heck, I'm one of the few Americans who DOESN'T hate Tingle. He was fair enough to give me a map hinting where I should look as well how to get a bigger wallet.

Ocarina of Time is 3. And in the original N64 version, I never really had that much trouble in the Water Temple. My only complaint in the whole required quest of the game is having to pause the game for the Iron Boots which the 3DS fixed.

4 is Breath of the Wild. Despite its difficulty and likelihood I won't be 200% completing it. (Meaning doing more stuff than what the game consider part of its completion rate), this game definitely felt huge to explore at my own pace and path. Plus Prince Sidon is one of the hottest and kindest guys I've ever seen in a video game, whether fishman or human 

5 is Skyward Sword. Despite the slowdown in the game story pacing. (Yes, Fi. You took the words out of my mouth. Can you please not say anything unless I actively hit your button?) I still enjoy the story and characters. Fi may be redundant and Captain Obvious in the unskipable gameplay, but still her parting from me at the end did felt genuinely moving. And Groose going from Bully to Ally who shot down a giant monster with me as the cannonball? That is what Gaston should have become instead of a revenge-seeking jerk whose tried to kill a misunderstood Beast who "stole his Beauty"

Edited by Will Guide

@Steve Piranha @Will Guide I will agree that the NPCs in Majora's Mask are very engaging to interact with. I relate and feel genuine emotion towards these people. I enjoy helping them out - not just because I can nab a piece of heart or mask, but because it's just satisfying to do.

• Brohoof 2

52 minutes ago, Cash In said:

@Steve Piranha @Will Guide I will agree that the NPCs in Majora's Mask are very engaging to interact with. I relate and feel genuine emotion towards these people. I enjoy helping them out - not just because I can nab a piece of heart or mask, but because it's just satisfying to do.

I think the NPC interaction in that game remain the most memorable. Games today made advances towards making NPCs memorable like Witcher 3, but they are either an one-off quest never to be seen again, or they are more involved in the story like Mass Effect. Majora’s Mask NPCs aren’t involved in the story, and some of their quest spams several days, but you still feel their needs, and empathy. You are saving their world, but their own worlds need some saving as well

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think the NPC interaction in that game remain the most memorable. Games today made advances towards making NPCs memorable like Witcher 3, but they are either an one-off quest never to be seen again, or they are more involved in the story like Mass Effect. Majora’s Mask NPCs aren’t involved in the story, and some of their quest spams several days, but you still feel their needs, and empathy. You are saving their world, but their own worlds need some saving as well

Well said!

On 1/19/2019 at 10:29 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, I like that you can do most side quests at your own pace and order. Gives it a lot more replay value.

Edited by Cash_In

1. Link to the Past

2. Majora’s Mask

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Link’s Awakening

5. Twilight Princess

Though this is far from an easy list to make for me.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, Cash In said:

I remember refusing to let go of the game until I finished Kafei’s quest. I could finish the game, but no, I’ve wanted to help everyone in it. My only complain is Mayor Dotour’s one. After the emotional and epic Kafei’s quest, ENDING MERE MINUTES BEFORE THE MOON’S FALL, you have to clear that other one by wearing the Couple’s Mask..... it feels rather anticlimactic 

On 1/14/2019 at 11:57 PM, Will Guide said:

Wind Waker is #2 for same as your reasons. Most of the problems you said were fixed in the Wii U HD version. Although I had no problems with the original GCN version of it. Heck, I'm one of the few Americans who DOESN'T hate Tingle. He was fair enough to give me a map hinting where I should look as well how to get a bigger wallet.

Too bad no one bought WIIU tho :dash:. I didn’t notice the navigation problems in WW until the Triforce quest. That’s where the game gets boring

I fail to see what’s the problem with Tingle. I’m not a fan, and he’s a weirdo, but I’ve always been indifferent to him :huh:

43 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I fail to see what’s the problem with Tingle. I’m not a fan, and he’s a weirdo, but I’ve always been indifferent to him 

You're the first to directly tell me you're indifferent to the Trope Namer of Americans Hate Tingle. Which is when something/someone is hated out of his home country but loved in their own home country.