Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cross-Dressing

Sepia-chan

Hmm... I don't know why I'd do this, seems kinda useless to me.

I guess I'll stick with my normal clothes.

Surprisingly, there's a lot of people doing this here lol.

Hm. I don't quite know "why" I do it, just seems like it something some people enjoy and others don't, but I guess that can be applied to anything. 

I own a few pairs of leggings/tights. My favorite ones are these.

img-1824340-1-56-8-02.jpgd.jpg

They're pretty, and they also look good under ripped skinny jeans. Double usage. :x

Nice.

lol interesting story sepia. It's pretty darn brave of you to be crossdressing while living with possibly unaccepting/misunderstanding parents. I'm only starting to crossdress now that I moved out to college.

There's actually a drag show at my school around halloween and I could totes perform but I'd be too nervous to do that. Not nearly ready to present myself in show X3

Thanks, and your school has a fuckin' drag show? My school would like picket it, because religion. Gotta love living in the Bible Belt.

@sepia

Yes, it's a university so things are run differently. The staff can actually be progressive about our culture.

Nao that we're all here, let's get some questions going.

If you were to crossdress/dress feminine right now using what you have what would be your outfit?

For me, I have black rainbow striped ankle socks, blue striped briefs, black cargo shorts, vinyl scratch t-shirt, my purple striped armwarmers, a rarity silk scarf that I made, and a twilight sparkle canvas bag. If I needed a jacket I'd just use my soft purple zip-up hoodie. That would pretty much be the best I could do at this moment.

Nao you guiz c:

Edited by The Fabulous Darky

I don't do it..Since I only wear dresses :P but I hate that we put such labels on gender and clothing. Wear what you want to wear!

but it's silly since thru out history what was considered appropriate for men and women have changed.

You know high heels were first intended for only men to wear?

Also Since I'm a dress maker..The more people wearing dresses the better :D

I wish I could crossdress, but I'm fat and hairy so it wouldn't look good on me. I guess technically those are both things that can be fixed, but I'm also lazy.

i_hug_that_feel.png

Oh dear lord, please tell me you guys are not planing to clop to Pip Squeak and Spike o_o

Hey, they're fictional. No real person is being hurt, and their personality is whatever we make it out to be. Believe me I've read Luna x Pipsqueak shipfics that were incredibly adorable.

And I still hate clopfics that involve rape, no matter what the age of the characters is.

• Brohoof 2

@sepia

Yes, it's a university so things are run differently. The staff can actually be progressive about our culture.

Nao that we're all here, let's get some questions going.

If you were to crossdress/dress feminine right now using what you have what would be your outfit?

For me, I have black rainbow striped ankle socks, blue striped briefs, black cargo shorts, vinyl scratch t-shirt, my purple striped armwarmers, a rarity silk scarf that I made, and a twilight sparkle canvas bag. If I needed a jacket I'd just use my soft purple zip-up hoodie. That would pretty much be the best I could do at this moment.

Nao you guiz c:

I wish I was cross dressing right now. It would be probably just be a skirt and a shirt, some tights or kneehigh socks, and some of them fluffy boots or high heels. And maybe a scarf or something. I also usually put a pink headband with a bow on it in my hair, makes it more feminine. Edited by Sepia-chan
  • Brohoof 1

Cross dressing is perfectly fine with me. Heck, I do it all the time. Since I get all my clothes from thrift stores, I tend to get "boys' " clothes, as they are sooooooo comfortable. 

Also when acting around and such, it helps sets tone and character, and...Is just fun. I never really call it out, though. You wear what you wear, and people shouldn't judge others by it. 

Hey, they're fictional. No real person is being hurt, and their personality is whatever we make it out to be. Believe me I've read Luna x Pipsqueak shipfics that were incredibly adorable.

And I still hate clopfics that involve rape, no matter what the age of the characters is.

Let's not get completely off topic here, but I would like to say that they are still underage, and no matter what you imagine their personality is won't change the fact that they are psychically and canon-wise children, making you a pedophile if you get off on it.

Hmph, well taken this as an opinion, I don't like cross-dressing. I don't like not being able to tell what sex a person is nor the style of it. I find it to be rather creepy. Though I honestly learned to not care what others do, as long as  they don't interfere me with it.

You should try women's socks. img-1823981-1-2lTPE.png

Unlike men's socks, they're not made out of sandpaper and cacti needles. img-1823981-2-LxdwA.png

Though I suppose you could say the same thing for every item of clothing. 

My girlfriend and I wear each other's socks constantly, just because we put on the first ones we find in the un-seperated laundry basket.  :D

Edited by Abstract
  • Brohoof 2

I regularly wear skirts and dresses. Mind you, they have different names when I wear them; kilts and tunics. They're skirts and dresses, but for some reason people are more comfortable if they have different names.

And my wife wears men's shoes because she has high arches and women's shoes usually don't. Plus trousers and the like. Often we end up wearing each other's blouses (called painter's shirts when I wear them) because we're not that far off of each other in size.

;)

I'm really skinny and tall, not only that but I'm not a very hairy person and I can hardly grow any facial hair. I just need wax my legs, get rid of any other body hair, and grow my hair out and I can so totally pull off wearing a dress. Well... except for that my family is really religious and not very "open"... damn... -.-

Edited by Maki Natsuo

I don't crossdress though I wear women's t-shirts regularly, I just like the designs and plenty of them are loose fits.I don't like tight clothing so I end up buying plenty of clothes designed for men in larger sizes. I don't really get the distinction between men and women shirts. They're just shirts, how in the world can they only be for one gender?

I've been thinking about crossdressing but I'd have to wear long sleeves because I'm going to tattoo my entire right arm. Which really is a problem because I have an obsession with rolling up my sleeves. I could pull the crossdressing off if I'd lose a little bit more weight and had smaller shoulders.

First time I came across the topic, and also transgendered people, was when I visited a university and they had all kinds of little booths and places for their clubs and whatever. I discovered there was a place for transgendered people as well and hey, why the hell not just talk to them? I didn't really think much of it initially, and still don't, but I did gain a bit more perspective why people like to crossdress or why people are transgendered. Plus, I gained a few more friends on Skype. So all in all, it was a pretty good experience. Now if only I knew IRL people who crossdress, that would be pretty cool. I like having a diverse amount of friends.

As for number 2... Seriously? This is why I can not understand men for even one second. That just sounds like straight up insecurity to me.

Heh, it can get even way worse than just insecurity. You don't wanna know how many times that insecurity turns into hostility and straight-up violence. People get injured, ridiculed, bullied or even killed over something as lame as masculinity. Yes, a lot of men really are that stupid.

I do not have an issue with it, and wish you the best if you happen to be a cross dresser. The only time I would have an issue with it, if the outfit is horribly indecent. But most people wouldn't dress like that on a daily basis. 

As long as you try to look good in the clothing, and not trashy, I don't have an issue with it.

I minorly crossdress, But mostly for comfort, I don't mind anyone doing it for any other reason, Wear what you please :-). And for anyone that is strongly against it, I always tell them either, Don't knock till you try it, or, Atleast I am not making you wear them! 

I've always prioritized comfort over appearance. Hence, I sometimes leave the house dressed like an idiot. Doesn't matter to me what somebody prefers wearing. If a man finds women's clothes are more suitable for him, or a woman is in the same predicament concerning men's clothes, then go for it. Not my concern. Besides, fashion is a flexible industry. Colors that used to be masculine are now feminine, and it irritates me when people refer to kilts as "skirts" in an attempt at derision. >_<

Wear what you like. I'm happy if you're happy.

I don't have any issue if people cross dress.  It doesn't harm anyone and if it makes you happy, why not?  Plus, I'll admit women have some really nice clothes.  Sometimes I think women's clothing looks nicer, especially when it comes to jackets and scarves/ accessories.   

Have I cross-dressed? No.

Am I bothered by it? No.

Would I if I had the opportunity? Probably, just to see what it was like. Unfortunately I don't have the body type for it (and as I continue to strength train, will continue to move away from that body type), so...eh. Not the end of the world.

and it irritates me when people refer to kilts as "skirts" in an attempt at derision. >_<

Eh, I think it kinda depends.

Not the same thing as a skirt:

img-1834604-1-kilt-great.jpg

The same thing as a skirt:

img-1834604-2-black-camo-kilt.jpg

Call it whatever you want, but it's essentially the same thing.  -_-

I find it kinda bizarre that it's not really socially acceptable for guys to wear skirts, but totally fine for guys to wear kilts. 

Seriously guys, wut.

Edited by Hansel

I find it kinda bizarre that it's not really socially acceptable for guys to wear skirts, but totally fine for guys to wear kilts. 

Seriously guys, wut.

Because boys are stupid? No, I'm just kidding. Well, maybe...

More like because society is incredibly stupid on this matter. Seriously, society needs to grow up.

• Brohoof 1

Because boys are stupid? No, I'm just kidding. Well, maybe...

More like because society is incredibly stupid on this matter. Seriously, society needs to grow up.

Meh, when it comes to men wearing women's clothes, women can feel just as negatively towards it and be just as judgmental about it as other men. So, yeah, it's more of social issue, and I don't really understand it. 

I was asked once if I was a transvestite when I was wearing one of my black skirts.

No. I just like wearing skirts sometimes. That's like asking a woman if she's a transvestite for wearing trousers. 

I don't get what the deal is.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

It was funny to read, at least at the begining there everyone was like "I do not crossdress, but it's fine with me" :)

I think people who like to cross-dress got mental problems, and... so what? I got my mental problems as well. Well "mental problem" not even correct term it's more like "mental deviance". What's more I think it's mainly about people who likes clothing of opposite gender, and assosiate himself with opposite sex, but not then person just like clothing which usually assosiated with other gender.

I wasn't crossdressing, at least fully and specially - at school one time we made reverse dance (guys in dresses and girls in suits), and if it could be counted while my trip in US for all time I was in female socks cause store near my hostel had only BIG packs of only FEMALE socks ( :o  wat!?!), and since usually then I going to other country I'm taking with me only things my pockets could hold in I had to buy at lest basic things in first day.

I like to wear dresses at home (of course, with a shaved body and face). I also have a pretty feminine body, so...

They can be so ridiculously comfortable to wear it's a shame we have a thing called the gender binary.

You should try women's socks. img-1823981-1-2lTPE.png

Unlike men's socks, they're not made out of sandpaper and cacti needles. img-1823981-2-LxdwA.png

Though I suppose you could say the same thing for every item of clothing. 

Hard rugged socks for hard rugged manly men. B)

Edited by Zenith

I feel bad for only having just noticed this question. Oh well, answering time~!

Okay, well, for starters, I'd wear a pink skirt, with the design of a few hearts put on it in a way reminiscent of the Equestria Girls cutie marks. Admittedly, I'd still wear tennis shoes, so that'd remain the same. As well, I'd wear a flower on my ear, and a few well-placed bows in my hair. And for the final touch, a pair of fingerless gloves. Why? Because anime has shown that they somehow add a cuteness factor.

... I'll need to shave and lose my acne first (and maybe grow my hair out more), but still, I like the idea~

• Brohoof 1