Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's a forgotten television show you like?

Nomadic

There was a show that I thought was really good called "Legend."  It starred Discord himself, aka John de Lancie - along with Richard Dean Anderson, aka MacGyver.  It was a steampunk western back before steampunk was a popular thing.  Unfortunately it only had one season and it was quickly forgotten.

Edited by Shawn Parks

My Username should make the answer obvious, though people probably won't forget about Megas XLR as long as I keep cramming it down their throats

oh, and Catscratch is also awesome

• Brohoof 2

'The Starlost' but that's through some pretty heavily tinted nostalgia glasses. I can't stand rewatching it.

Supposedly Hulu is remaking it, calling it simply 'Ark', but I haven't bothered to see whether it's a remake of the show as it was broadcast or a remake of what the writers actually intended on making. There's a pretty big difference there.

'Blake's 7' is another interesting one that's not quite as hard to rewatch.

Something just came into my mind this morning

And that something is...Codename: Kids Next Door. 

Loved that show all the way

From the cool gadgets to the awesome non-stop action fighting scenes, that show was one of the best on Cartoon Network. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOkcKqLdY8

• Brohoof 1

Blackadder. I dont know, if anyone else has posted it already, but i dont necessarily care. Its one of my favorite shows and definitively deserves more attention.

Back in the 1990's where the channels of our cpountry had cartoons every morning the Silver Brumby had been one of the shows I must have on VHS somewhere.

We also had RTL2 for a while where Starla & Die Kristallritter was on.

Edited by Ulrik Raben
  • Brohoof 1

The Tick.

It's a kids Saturday Morning cartoon, I never watched it when I was a kid (not even sure when it came out, I think during the Batman Animated Series so like, mid nineties)  but I'm a cartoon fanatic so I heard about it from around. It's a little gem, I think, relatively unheard of but pretty good, not great I suppose, but definitely worth watching.

While I'm at it, I think I'll mention Sam & Max: Freelance Police. Most people, if they've heard of Sam & Max, have heard about them through Telltale's video game franchise, but Sam & Max have been going for a lot longer than that, they started out as a comic book, then a DOS game, then the TV show, then the Telltale games :lol:

Anyway, here's the opening, it's got a great theme song, and it's a really funny show and completely nuts. Can certainly recommend it, but the video games are better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62jV6pi5CeI

Edited by TotalNeon
  • Brohoof 1

One show that was forgotten by me was totally spies!

It was a great cartoon that I eventually forgot becasue I fought it was too girly, but it's kind of like the powerpuff girls, if it was more teenager like and with spy's which is very cool!

tumblr_mblp5woSwM1rbn14go1_500.jpg

• Brohoof 3

One show I really loved when I was a kid was Wacky Racers:

WackyRacesWallpaper1024.gif

Was a great show! Dick Dastardly was a great villan! I also need to mention a show that is not so forgotten, the power puff girls. I watched that show so much as a Kid (so did anyone fortunate enough to have cartoon network :D )!

Back during the days of Toonami, there was the first anime to be aired uncensored in the states, and that was Ronin Warriors. A bad ass show with tons of awesome fight scenes. I was so upset when they pushed it back to before school ended.

http://youtu.be/DMpN9J1UWtw

Another Toonami classic was Rurouni Kenshin. Just a regular old bad ass samurai anime. Never a dull episode.

http://youtu.be/YinliVCdpi4

Back when Fox kids dominated Saturday mornings and back during the days when Digimon season 3 and Power Rangers Time Force & Wild Force were the must see shows, there was another program that was pretty good, Alienators: Evolution continues. Originally it was a spinoff of the movie Evolution, which I wouldn't be surprised if none of you knew it existed, (I still haven't watched it), but it was a fun series while it lasted.

http://youtu.be/gzREhvliqFk

Digging deep into my childhood here, anypony here remember Road Rovers, a show about super powered dogs?

http://youtu.be/83VURpZO-3Q

Switching gears here to a show that rewrote the book on sci-fi epics: Babylon 5. The character development, story arcs, moral, ethical, political and philosophical questions asked, the quality of the CGI for it's time and the grandiosity and intensity of it's space battles and fight scenes just put Star Trek to utter shame.

And finally, a show that I thought was rather interesting but was cancelled after 8 episodes. Wolf Lake, a show about a detective searching for his missing fiance when a mysterious tip leads him to her home town where everyone is hiding a big secret from him: The town is in inhabited by werewolves.

• Brohoof 1

Aside from numerous cartoons from the 90s, I'm going to have to go with Highlander.

Despite how good it was(and not that old, it ran from like 92-97), it's all but fallen in semi-obscurity to the point most people outside of it's fanbase don't even know about it. If I hadn't gotten lucky and stumble upon the first three seasons in a thrift shop I never would have known about it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw9LM6SWhg8

SWAT Kats.

Those badass anthro cat guys with the slick looking F14 that would save the day over and over.

Voltron.

Those guys in the tight suits that could combine mechs to crate Voltron, the defender of the universe.

That show as KICK. ASS.

Maybe not quite forgotten, but two old shows I really liked.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Magical DoReMi, the English dub of Ojamajo DoReMi's first season. It was a show about a girl named Doremi (Dorie) who stumbles upon a magic shop and finds out the owner is a witch, turning her into a green blob. In order to turn her back, Doremi has to become an apprentice witch and take 9 tests to become a real witch. Her friends Hazuki (Reanne) and Aiko (Mirabelle) also become apprentice witches, as well as a child idol named Onpu (Ellie) and Doremi's little sister, Poppu (Caitlyn). 4Kids dubbed all of the episodes of the first season, but only the first 26 aired on TV, the rest aired online. 

Timon and Pumbaa is also a good example. Not that many people remember it...It was a funny show! Disney Junior treated the show horribly when they re-ran it by only playing 13 episodes of the series and airing it in the middle of the night before canceling it, thank God. The series also had some movies that were compilations of episodes of the show released in the UK and some other countries only...sad.png

But at least someone put the movies online. laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Not particularly forgotten, but still brilliant, Invader Zim. As already listed, King of the Hill and Legends of the Hidden Temple.

The biggest one though is Eureka's Castle. It's probably out of the age range of most here, but it was a kids show from when I was itty bitty twinkie Pinkie. It was puppeteered, funny, and no longer available to buy. Sadness.

• Brohoof 1

Balki. Definitely Balki.

It is such a great show. Almost as good as MLP.

You mean "Perfect Strangers," right?  Because that was an awesome sitcom.  Definitely one of my all-time favorite television shows.

Here's a show that was forgotten, ChalkZone. This show had one of the most creative premises for a cartoon I have ever seen and a catch theme to go with it

Now I didn't watch this next show as a kid but I have to mention it because of the ironic title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Vn98yx5gE

Edited by ChikoritaBrony

Sam & Max: Y'know what? I'm almost 100% sure that if this cartoon was released right now, it would fare better than it did during the 90's.

Street Sharks: Admittedly it was just a Ninja Turtles rip-off, but it had it's charm.

Also, My Life as a Teenage Robot, which is one of the only Nickelodeon shows I can honestly attest to liking. Does anyone remember Big Bad Beetleborgs? Oh, I actually remember liking the designs for those better than the Power Rangers.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure if people have actually forgotten about this series, but it just seems to me that no one really talks about it anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8

I've been an avid X-Files fan since I was a little kid, and I don't see my love for the show dying any time soon. (And yes, my parents were indeed a tad bit irresponsible for letting me watch the X-files. Twin Peaks, too, by the way.)

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 2

I know people will remember it when I say the name, but I can assure you it didn't cross your mind for quite some time.

Beavis and Butt-Head was one of my fav shows. I still break out the seasons occasionally, because it is so funny how they act. Sometimes, my bud and I will go on Xbox and impersonate them for good fun. :D

This show is, like, burned into my mind due to how damn funny it is.

Leave a bro-hoof this if you loved this show too, guys.

• Brohoof 2

I think the two biggest shows I still enjoy watching that a lot of people forgot about are Ka-Blam and Daria. I just loved these shows when I was younger, and still watch them all the time. Ka-Blam was just purely funny to me, but Daria really connected with me. I felt like a combination of her and Jane ever since I started school; I was always a bit cynical and didn't have or want too many friends, so I really, really enjoy this show. Even the themes are awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf01tSJ41VQ

Edited by Sabrinie

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., guys. *awash in nostalgia*

http://youtu.be/1QxL8GgICrk

It premiered on Fox alongside The X-Files. The funny thing was that everyone seemed to think that Brisco was going to be the big hit, because (I'm guessing this was mostly wishful thinking on the creators' parts) it was high time for Westerns to make a comeback. This was a Western with sci-fi elements, it was sharp and funny and had great characters and good stories (within a primary arc) and BRUCE CAMPBELL and of course Fox killed it because that's what Fox does to great shows. ;P At least it got a full season and they had some warning so they could wrap it up properly, but STILL...

• Brohoof 1