Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's a forgotten television show you like?

Nomadic

Ah, I completely forgot I made this thread, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised it's still going. Anyway, another show I enjoy that no-one seems to remember is Clone High. Excellent show too bad it ended on a Cliffhanger.

One of my all time favorites that I literally hear no one talk about, or even mention, was the Tenchi Muyo/Tenchi Universe series. I used to set my VCR to record that every day on Toonami. I friggin' loved that show, and really need to go back and watch it again. I have the episodes downloaded from a torrent, but haven't had the motivation to watch em just yet.

Kiyone and Ryoko had to be my two all time favorite anime girls, and they still are. The only other anime girl that even comes close is Rukia from Bleach.

Tenchi in Tokyo was alright, but Toonami never finished it, they just stopped airing it towards the end.

CatDog was another Nick Cartoon that seems to have been forgotten, I really enjoyed that one.

Timesquad was also amazing, started watching clips of it on youtube the otherday and it is still funny.

@@Shawn Parks,

Well, all of them have different characteristics.

Ed wants money, so he could get jawbreakers

Edd is the geeky one. He also tries to keep the other two in control

Eddy is the clumsy one, the one who wears an invisible "dunce" cap on his head. I can compare him to Snails in MLP.

Combined, you get tons of humor, epic fails at getting what they want and a trio of great friends.  

You got Eddy, and Ed mixed up there.

Edited by TorqueEffect

One of my all time favorites that I literally hear no one talk about, or even mention, was the Tenchi Muyo/Tenchi Universe series. I used to set my VCR to record that every day on Toonami. I friggin' loved that show, and really need to go back and watch it again. I have the episodes downloaded from a torrent, but haven't had the motivation to watch em just yet.

Excellent Show indeed. fell sorry for the main protagonist(sorry forgot his name)

Tiny Toons & The Animanics 

Babs_and_Buster_TTA_opening.jpg

Both of these cartoons as a kid I loved to death. They were great and Steven Spielberg did a really great job with these. They had a lot of memorable characters in both shows.

Another great cartoon I miss is Sonic SATAM 

SonicsatamMain.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I can name a lot of shows that vanished.

Drake and Josh. 

Ned's Declassified:School Survival Guide. 

Darkwing Duck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa3wlWzLli0

The Proud Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k1IfrKO4Nk

Godzilla the Animated Series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfmC7_CdK4

Batman (1966)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jgE-lrfZ3k

Zeke and Luther

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZknv0xLdZc

I could go on and on about forgotten shows,but I won't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6Fo6wPoPs

This show right here, Kappa Mikey, is one of those shows that nearly completely fell into obscurity. There are some other shows as well that I enjoyed that were quickly forgotten about. 

Oh yes....I love this show.

It's too funny.

Xiaolin Showdown was my Favorite show as a kid.

Gotta love Jack Spicer.

img-2122600-1-lil_jack_spicer_by_dragon_

Edited by PIKAQIU
  • Brohoof 4

Does anybody else remember Catscratch? Best. Show. Ever. Waffles was like the Pinkie Pie (or Caboose, if you get the reference) of the show; sooo awesome!

img-2123074-1-attachicon.gifurl.jpeg

I remember that show. It was okay.

Edited by PIKAQIU
  • Brohoof 1

For me there is:

The Swat Kats - The radical squadron.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sat AM)

Dexter's Laboratory

Powerpuff Girls

Batman the Animated Series

Batman Beyond

Men in Black the Animated Series

Static Shock

Tenchi Muyo

Cardcaptor Sakura

Teen Titans

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 3

The only tv shows (mostly cartoons :P) I like are ones that don't come on anymore other than MLP:FIM and Dan Vs. A lot of them I wouldn't say are forgotten, but there are a few such as:

• The Secret Show

• Chalkzone (it has the best theme song ever :D)

http://youtu.be/uxNNDGw0ZZE

• The Wild Thornberrys

post-18121-0-35173300-1387346775_thumb.jpg

• and Sabrina the Teenage Witch (live action version)

Love those shows. :D

• Brohoof 2

Drake & Josh was such a great show I love it and it brings back good memories when I watch old episodes from time to time. Man did I ever love that show. 

I got an even older show that was very much like that show.

Keenan and Kel

One of the few shows as a kid I enjoyed that wasn't a cartoon. Haven't watched a episode in years, so I don't know how well it has aged for me.

• Brohoof 3

The only tv shows (mostly cartoons :P) I like are ones that don't come on anymore other than MLP:FIM and Dan Vs. A lot of them I wouldn't say are forgotten, but there are a few such as:

• The Secret Show

• Chalkzone (it has the best theme song ever :D)

http://youtu.be/uxNNDGw0ZZE

• The Wild Thornberrys

img-2123142-1-attachicon.gifwild-thornberries-800-75.jpg

• and Sabrina the Teenage Witch (live action version)

Love those shows. :D

"Victor! Are you still alive?!"

I got an even older show that was very much like that show.

Keenan and Kel

One of the few shows as a kid I enjoyed that wasn't a cartoon. Haven't watched a episode in years, so I don't know how well it has aged for me.

That was a great show.

Edited by PIKAQIU
  • Brohoof 1

I have another one, this time, it's an animated show from the 1990's: The Magic Adventures of Mumfie. I think I may have watched the movie in Kindergarten because some scenes seemed familiar when we watched the DVD, and I may have watched it on Fox Family when I was a baby, since I was born in the late 1990's. My twin sister actually got me into this because she found out about the show when she saw a preview for the movie (It was never released in theaters, by the way, but the BMG Peter and the Wolf by Chuck Jones was released into theaters.) she saw on a Cabbage Patch Kids VHS as well as the previously mentioned Peter and the Wolf movie by BMG Video. The show was created by Britt Allcroft, who worked on Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (She voiced the Queen of Night! The show follows a young elephant named Mumfie (My sister thought Mumfie was a dog when she was younger for a strange reason) who thinks adventures come in parcels, but he discovers this isn't true, and sets off to find an adventure. Mumfie has many friends, like Scarecrow, a scarecrow who often says "What if (random thing relating to a problem he is having here)?" when he is worried about something, Pinkey, a flying pig, and Napoleon Jones, a French speaking bird. Other characters include a group of pirates, a tiny man named Bristle, a magical black cat who gives Mumfie advice, a whale who built himself to be an ocean liner, and The Queen of Night, a queen who rules an island. Lionsgate recently acquired Mumfie and released the Christmas special onto DVD. (I am getting that for Christmas as well as a Mumfie plush.)

I have another one, this time, it's an animated show from the 1990's: The Magic Adventures of Mumfie. I think I may have watched the movie in Kindergarten because some scenes seemed familiar when we watched the DVD, and I may have watched it on Fox Family when I was a baby, since I was born in the late 1990's. My twin sister actually got me into this because she found out about the show when she saw a preview for the movie (It was never released in theaters, by the way, but the BMG Peter and the Wolf by Chuck Jones was released into theaters.) she saw on a Cabbage Patch Kids VHS as well as the previously mentioned Peter and the Wolf movie by BMG Video. The show was created by Britt Allcroft, who worked on Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (She voiced the Queen of Night! The show follows a young elephant named Mumfie (My sister thought Mumfie was a dog when she was younger for a strange reason) who thinks adventures come in parcels, but he discovers this isn't true, and sets off to find an adventure. Mumfie has many friends, like Scarecrow, a scarecrow who often says "What if (random thing relating to a problem he is having here)?" when he is worried about something, Pinkey, a flying pig, and Napoleon Jones, a French speaking bird. Other characters include a group of pirates, a tiny man named Bristle, a magical black cat who gives Mumfie advice, a whale who built himself to be an ocean liner, and The Queen of Night, a queen who rules an island. Lionsgate recently acquired Mumfie and released the Christmas special onto DVD. (I am getting that for Christmas as well as a Mumfie plush.)

I love that show, too! By the way, I am NagisaBebeDemon's sister. Just to add something, Mumfie first aired on CiTV in the UK on Thursdays back in 1994 and during the Fox Cubhouse on Tuesdays in the US (with the exception of one episode, White Christmas. I'm unsure what happened to White Christmas in the UK, though) in 1995.

Do you know the show Garfield and Friends? There was a segment on the show that many people seem to forget about, and that the airings of the series in Finland, Japan and Malaysia cut out: U.S. Acres, known as Orson's Farm outside the United States. The show was based off a short-lived comic Jim Davis did in the 80's. revolves around a farmyard inhabited by talking animals with unique personalities. First off, there's Orson, who likes to read books. Then there's Roy, the "prankster gangster" of the gang, who loves tricking people. Most people who remember this segment remember the next character I'll mention: Wade Duck, a duck who wears an inner tube whose head copies his motions (and sometimes the mouth moves) and is a panaphobe, meaning he's scared of everything. Then there's Booker and Sheldon, a chick and and egg with feet respectivley. Booker likes to hunt worms, while Sheldon likes discovering the world. The last two main characters are Bo and Lanolin, two fraternal sheep twins. Bo is a surfer dude, while Lanolin is mean and bossy. The main villains include 3 pigs named Mort, Wart, and Gort, whom are Orson's evil brothers, and the Weasel, who wants to steal chickens. Some of these characters have extended family, cousins, or friends who show up as supporting characters. Orson's friends and cousins include Lenore, a young pig girl who appeared in a flashback in the episode parodying "The Raven", and my favorite character, Aloysius, a pig voiced by comedian Kevin Meaney of Saturday Night Live fame, who complains about everything wrong with the show, from the budget to the wholesomeness of the show, with the exception of his first episode, where he was bossy. He also has a mom and a pet goat. Roy's only relative is his niece, Chloe. I've only seen one episode with her (a Snow White-themed episode), so I don't know much about her. Wade has his cousins Fred and Newton. Fred has buck teeth, a parachute on his back, and talks in a funny voice, while Newton forgets everything. Bo and Lanolin's cousins only made a cameo in an episode where they were trying to get Orson to sleep. One of them was named Bob, but I forgot the other names. Other supporting characters showed up as well, like Plato, a chicken who has rabbits (which were the focus of one of the most famous episodes of this segment), Edward R. Furrow, a psychiatrist badger, and a whole lot more that would take all day to list. One reason people don't talk about this segment often is because in the earlier segments, they sang too much. Some of these songs are actually good, while some are bad. The reason for this, according to Mark Evainer, was because the show was originally supposed to be a stand-alone show for preschoolers, and it took a few seasons before they noticed the songs weren't fitting, which is why they got rid of them. All of the episodes are on Hulu, and they come on after the first Garfield segment.

Members Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:59 AM I wouldn't say forgotten cause I think about this one a lot, oddly enough... but man did I love this show when I was a kid Samurai Pizza Cat

Ok this is a good show. it is missed!

I don't know if anyones mentioned it yet but Dragon Booster was a pretty amazing show. I loved it to pieces and I was so excited when Dragon Booster Academy was announced. Too bad it got cancelled......

Static Shock was another great one. Virgil was a pretty amazing hero and in my opinion seemed the most down to earth when compared to other heroes. Throughout the show you saw how he struggled with his powers and how he suffered from the consequences that being a hero brought into his life. The series also addressed everyday issues such as bullying, gang violence, dealing with learning disabilities, and loss of a loved one. I hope it comes back on the air one day.

• Brohoof 1

Ahh! Real Monsters and the Beetlejuice cartoon. Also Digimon Tamers, been waiting for Netflix to get that since they have Adventure. Got sick of waiting though and recently found a site to watch them on.

I also loved Reboot, Beast Wars, and Legends of the Hidden Temple, as well as a few others. Shows like these though didn't age as well as cartoons.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...

*banging pots and pans together* 6TEEN IS ONE OF THE FINEST CARTOONS EVER MADE AND IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!!

It's like an edgier version of Equestria Girls with more universal appeal and less fantasy nonsense (I mean EQG is great if you like that sort of thing, but if you like slice-of-life there is NO show that tops 6teen in my honest opinion)

Best Show.png

• 1 month later...