Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Kingdom Hearts or Zelda?

AustinDJRobinsonPony

I don't have much experience with either, to be honest. However, out of those two choices, I suppose I would go with The Legend of Zelda simply because it's more interesting to me. I don't play either one, however. And those two franchises weren't even close to being in my childhood, which is good...because now I can't base my vote on nostalgia. 

• Brohoof 1

Zelda by a long shot.
I've always loved the Zelda games, even when I was too young to really understand them.

As for Kingdom Hearts, no offense to people who like it, but personally I've never really thought it's that good. I can't find anything I really like about those games. (Again, no offense to people who like it)

What, no poll?

Anyway, Legend of Zelda. By far. I like Kingdom Hearts but love Legend of Zelda. I find the characters more memorable, the story more interesting, the music better and the gameplay more entertaining for Legend of Zelda.

• Brohoof 3

I love the Kingdom Hearts Seires so much when people tell me tht it rips off other stuff i debate the hell to make them see why it doesn't. I also love The Legend of Zelda Series, I've played almost every single one of them (well besides the CDI ones). For me it's hard to choose. If I had to choose it would be the Kingdom Hearts Series because these games pretty much told to never give up. At the time i played these I barley had friends so alli could hope for in a day is just to go home and pay those games

• Brohoof 2

It's a hard pick, but I'd say Zelda, the reasoning is quite simple.

Zelda simply offers more variation in everything, from the combat to the puzzles to the story, and the art style of Zelda is quite appealing to look at. There isn't much to say that hasn't been said, they're very popular franchises from two popular studios (or in the case of square, ex-popular).

I'm admittedly bias though as I happen to find anything with an excessively animu style (queue every squaresoft game ever made) to look about as appealing as milk left in a sewer for several months.

• Brohoof 1

Kingdom Hearts by a long shot. They have smooth and interesting gameplay with every iteration and the story is always amazing. They've also got a great sense of style and don't have to resort to risque outfits to make characters look good. :lol:

I've played and liked Zelda for a long time but there are so many games that I've felt did the action-adventure formula far better than Zelda.

I've always thought that Zelda was an incredibly average, yet solid, series. It has the benefit of being popular and being the origin of many sensibilities that games use but in the end none of the games in the series can match up when compared to other games that use the same formulas.

Edited by Discordian

My vote goes to the Legend Of Zelda series mainly because of creativity. Kingdom hearts is a good game and all, but they have lots of Final Fantasy characters which in my opinion was laziness, plus all the disney characters and such. Zelda on the other hand has all made up characters and a better theme to it.  

• Brohoof 1

My vote goes to the Legend Of Zelda series mainly because of creativity. Kingdom hearts is a good game and all, but they have lots of Final Fantasy characters which in my opinion was laziness, plus all the disney characters and such. Zelda on the other hand has all made up characters and a better theme to it.

Creativity and originality are not mutually exclusive concepts. What's more is one could argue that Zelda is the farthest thing from creative since every game in the series just takes things from the previous game in the series and adds a couple things. Kingdom Hearts did the same thing for a little while but they've added a lot of cool new stuff over the years.

I would even go so far as to say it's more creative to create a world based on existing material that is both familiar and new than a world that is only new but can be drawn down to a few stereotypical archetypes. :lol:

Edited by Discordian

I liked Zelda a lot more than KH, mainly because I love most of the Zelda games I've played while I only enjoyed KH 1 and BBS, that and the story got too stupid for me to follow

Although I like both, it would be The Legend of Zelda over Kingdom Hearts because almost like everyone else, I grew up with Zelda. I only played the first two and the 3DS Kingdom Hearts, but I still loved them with the second one being my favorite. 

Both are awesome but Zelda wins no contest, Zelda was a major part of my childhood while Kingdom Hearts came a bit later so nostalgia is part of it. I also like the versatility with all the different weapons and tools in every game, Link is like a one man Swiss army knife.

Oh yeah, because they're exactly the same, except that they're completely different. :P

Anyway, while I did enjoy the one Kingdom Hearts game that I played all the way through, 358/2 Days, the Zelda series is just better overall. I'm not just saying that because I've played most of them though, it's just that Kingdom Hearts is more of an average action-RPG piggybacking off of licensed characters to me, and I have honestly played better action-RPGs, while Zelda games are grand adventure games at the top of their genre, it's really no contest here imo. :P

I'd probably always put The Legend of Zelda series first, just because Zelda games are consistently great. While I may not count every Zelda title among my favorites, I don't find that any of them feel like side-titles that have weird mechanics that just make them not so fun. (Although I haven't really played the DS Zelda games).

I LOVED Kingdom Hearts II. It was one of my favorite games. However, the only KH game I have really been able to get into since is Birth By Sleep. It's the only one that has felt like a real console experience. I've heard that Dream Drop Distance is actually closer, but it's a little hard for me to get into it for some reason.

Regardless, KHIII is toward the top of the games I'm most looking forward to right now.

So, like many others, I'll take both. lol A Wii U for the first HD Zelda game, and a PS4 for KHIII.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm this is a toughie considering that both of these series were in the background of my childhood. I never really invested much of my time in either but I was always interested in hearing other people's opinions on them and I was interested in the subject matter. I have managed to play some of OOT, MM, WW, TP, and SS but I never finished them. I really don't know why it's just a trend I have with Zelda games. I have played KHI and KHII and like with Zelda I just never finished them. I do like the games though. :3 Right now I'm actually working on playing though Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Kingdom Hearts 1 which is really funny to me considering that this conversation pits the two series up against each other. For me there is no clear-cut winner since I have barely started to actually play these games and I have to say I really like both quite alot.

Zelda. Always Zelda. The way Zelda always saves the princess and unites the triforce... Mad skillz, yo. Made my childhood.

Okay, I know Zelda's actually the princess... Bad joke...

• Brohoof 1