Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open School of Fear RP (Based on The Book 'School of Fear')

Emerald Heart

Congratulations, your child has been selected to join the elite School of Fear. Tommorow, your child will be brought to my mansion at 7740 Mountaintop Drive in Manehatten. I will not inform you of their progress, but you will find out when they come home on the very last day of summer. If you have any problem with me curing your children, mail me a letter straight away. I won't get it in three days time. Please make sure your children are equipped with the following items-

-A School of Fear uniform        

-packed lunch for their first day  

-Copy of  'All The Phobia's in the World'  textbook by Starswirl the Bearded

-A quill

-Ink

-(optional) bedspreds and posters. 

SCHOOL OF FEAR RULES-

-No pets allowed.

-Treat others with respect, including your Headmistress

-NEVER make fun of another's fear. 

-Stallions and Mares are in separate rooms, no complaining. 

If you have any more questions please contact Headmistress Bubblegum or Assistant to the Headmistress/ Cook; Dilly Dally. Please have your children at my house by 7:00 sharp.

My greatest regards, 

Headmistress Bubblegum 

( OOC 

Creative Hearts  leaned her head against the window of the train, silently cursing at her parents for ever considering sending her to this school. She thought back to yesterday, where the entire situation had started.

-flashback-

In Ponyville Middle School, in the back row sat a mare named Creative Heart. She listened to her teacher quietly, jotting down answers and notes in her pink sparkly spiral. Creative's head perked up when she heard heard her teacher call her name. 

"Ms. Hearts, please follow along." Creative nodded, and blushed. Near her, she heard a friend of hers singing 'Supercalifragilisticexpialtidousous' Creative covered her ears and started to scream, "STOP IT STOP IT!! NO NO NO! SHUT UP SHUT UP!!"  All of the students in her class were looking at her with a questinable look on their faces. Creative's teacher came over and tried to comfort her, but it diddn't really work out. Creative ended up punching her teacher in the face, and getting sent home immanently. The good news was that it was the last day of school, so when she left her classmates gave her jealous looks.

--

Ink Drops looked at her with concern. "This is the worst thing you have ever done, and.. I'm afraid we have no choice honey."

Creative raised her eyebrowes with confusion. "What? What are you going to do?"

Electric sighed, and looked at her with concern. "We are signing you up for School of Fear, We got a letter from the headmistress this morning. Your mother and I are hoping this will get you over your fear of long words."

Creative frowned. "What?! You have to be joking! How long does this stupid school last?"

Ink Drops sighed. "The entire summer, and don't try arguing with me about it. Your farther and I have already made up our minds."

"Whatever. I;m going to my room, when your done with this act come talk to me."

Edited by Emerald <3

Frost layed back in his seat on the train and turned his gaze to look out the window at the passing countryside. He honestly didn't really care about attending this school, but the idea of what this school was based around creeped him out, but as long as it got him over his fear of spiders he was fine.

~Flashback~

Frost sat in his middles schhool biology class, today they were learning about bugs, insects, ect. He silently prayed to Celestia above that he wouldn't get the spider. He kept his eyes closed until he heard the clank of the jar on his desk. He slowly opened his eyes to see a spider right in front of his face. "GAHHH GET AWAY!" he shrieked knocking over the jar causing glass to shatter everywhere. He jumped on too of the table before he fainted. When he awoke he was in his bed and his father sat next to him rubbing his mane. "Frost we have found a solution to your fear!" he said excitedly handing the school form to Frost and letting him read it. Frost looked up at his father. "But dad I won't be able to see you or mom." he said softly to which his father smilied and patted his head. "We will right letters to each other, ok?" Frost smilied and laughed "OK!"

That was almost two months ago, and now the idea of this school seemed more and more dark than it had first intinded.

Sole sighed and leaned back in his seat on the train. This train was bound for his new school, one that was supposed to help him with a phobia "too bad I don't feel fear..." He mumbled. He only came cuz his father wouldn't stop pestering and annoying him into coming, saying he did have a fear... A fear of losing those close to him. "Bull..." He thought

-Flashback-

Sole glared at his infamous father as he annoyed him for another hour about getting over his fear of losing his loved ones. He insisted he didn't fear it, and that it was natural. in fact, he was the one being feared more often then not. Being the child of Discord, and being a battle loving griffon, kinda made some people fearful for some reason. "I already told you, I'm not scared of losing people! i would be very upset if you disappeared for a while... *sigh* Fine, if you shut up, I'll go there for one week. Just to show you how wrong you are! Happy?!" He said in annoyance. Discord grinned trollishly and gave a thumbs up "GREAT! I know you'll have tons of fun, especially baing around tons of strange kids with strange phobias... Oh, and I'm taking your powers away while your there, wouldn't want you hurting anypony." He said, as he snapped his fingers, causing sole's powers to disappear. The last thing sole heard before a flash of light was discord laughing as he was teleported outside the train station with only a backpack. "Thanks a lot old man... I'll show you I don't fear ANYTHING." He said adamantly, as he walked on the train casually.

((Only posting once before school. See you guys after 6:00.))

Edited by ~chaotic sole~

Tempest sighed as he sat on the train. The only reason why he agreed to this was to get over his fear of failure. He then put a hoof over the mare beside to him.

Flashback

Tempest sat in his class, and found out he had received a failing grade. This caused the cyan pegesus to go into a funk and sulk for the rest of the day. It wasn't really that bad of a fear,but when his parents found out, they basically had to force him to accept the help he might receive at the school.

Ivy glanced at Tempest, and smiled. She then put her head on his shoulder, before falling asleep.

Flashback:

Ivy sighed as she trotted through the streets of Ponyville. She then heard a clap of thunder, and immediately began to gallop towards her home. She was only about halfway there when the first drops of rain began to hit her. When it started to pick up, she curled into a ball and cowered as the rain washed over her. Thankfully, Tempest was trotting by and brought her home. He showed her patents the invite from the school of fear, and she willingly decided to go.

The children -finally- arrived at the school, when they got there they saw it looked like notjing more than a rikkity old house. Creative stuck by her parents, even though her mother kept pushing her to talk to the other ponies. But nobody had the energy to talk, and everypony but the parrnts new why. A fear far mor frightening than theirbown phobias...was to face them. The pobies shared unsure glances at each other but that was about it. Just then- a anchient looking peguses with long grey manr that fell to her shoulders, and a iron-flat grey tail. Her coat was bubbelgum-pink, tones of nakup was piled on her face to hide her age. Though it just made her look like a clown. "Hello, and welcome to School of Fear! Parents, please leave now. I would like to speak to tje children alone." Creative gulped as she saw her mother get back on the train, and wave at her. Creative was secretly tempted to run up and jump on her Mom's lap and cry. When all the parents had left, the old peguses scanned the crowed with absolutley no expression. Finally she smiled. "Alright, contestants! Just follow me into your classroom. Make sure you are posotive aboyt where you want to sit, there will be no seat changes."

Ivy was afraid of the pegesus in the front of the building, and she kept close to Tempest. She knew that Tempest wouldn't let anypony hurt her. "I'm actually starting to regret coming here." She whispered into Tempest's ear. The silver unicorn then shrugged, but didn't say anything else.

Tempest glanced at Ivy and smiled. "Everything will be ok, my love." He said, though the cyan pegesus wasnt exactly sure of the other pegesus's intentions, either.He then put a wing over his marefriend and the two followed the pegesus. "Something isn't right." He thought. The cyan pegesus then shrugged the thought off, before looking at a few of the other ponies in the group. When the two found the actual classroom, the both of them sat as far away from the front of the classroom, and as close to each other as humanly possible. They found strength in the other's company, and they needed to be brave, for what was to come next, if they were to be able to finally conquer their fear and be able to move on with their lives, unhindered.

Frost stepped off the train and began to push his way through the crowd. "Excuse me, pardon, sorry." he muttered to the ponies he nudged by until he could get a good view of the pony who was speaking to the students. Once he got a good view he wished he hadn't. The mare looked as old as dirt and the fact that she decided to pile on her make up wasn't making it any better than before.

He looked at the pony next to him, a mare (Creative BTW, trying to make convo here) he figured he might as well try to make a few friends while he was here. He cleared his throat. "Hmmphh, some school huh? Not really the flashiest school, but hey. I hear they have great food hear, really top notch stuff." he said letting out a small chuckle before really getting a good look at the mare. "Umm hey? You alright? You don't look do hot." he said softly to the mare who looked like she was about to burst in to a river of tears. "Oh Celestia!? Did I say something?! I'm sorry." he pleaded thinking he had crossed a line of some sort and began to feel guilty about his statement.

Frost stepped off the train and began to push his way through the crowd. "Excuse me, pardon, sorry." he muttered to the ponies he nudged by until he could get a good view of the pony who was speaking to the students. Once he got a good view he wished he hadn't. The mare looked as old as dirt and the fact that she decided to pile on her make up wasn't making it any better than before.

He looked at the pony next to him, a mare (Creative BTW, trying to make convo here) he figured he might as well try to make a few friends while he was here. He cleared his throat. "Hmmphh, some school huh? Not really the flashiest school, but hey. I hear they have great food hear, really top notch stuff." he said letting out a small chuckle before really getting a good look at the mare. "Umm hey? You alright? You don't look do hot." he said softly to the mare who looked like she was about to burst in to a river of tears. "Oh Celestia!? Did I say something?! I'm sorry." he pleaded thinking he had crossed a line of some sort and began to feel guilty about his statement.

Creative Heart looked at him, for awhile she had just been standing there panicking. Creative had forgotten there were other students here, she looked up at the speaker. She tucked a strand of her brown mane behind her ear, and began to speak. "Yeah..I guess I'm okay. It's just...my Mom and Dad just dropped me off and at first I thought they were kidding. But now, I'm starting to get really scared. Not, you know- freakout scared or anything but I guess what I am saying is I love my family and I don't know if I can survive the summer without them." Creative sighed deeply and did her best to fake smile at Frost. "I'm Creative Heart, what's your name?"

Frost or Creative didn't have time to say another word, because Headmistress Bubblegum had just announced that it was time to go to their class, Creative sighed deeply. Thank CELESTIA I won't have to look at her in class, let's hope there is a real teacher in there! The students followed their clown-faced headmistress into their new classroom, Creative felt a little vomit go up her throat when she saw the room. The walls were bright pink, and the floors were not hardwood like any normal clasroom but they were carpet. And what's more, the carpet was purple.  Luckily the pinked out wall was nearly unseasonable, because of all the posters of animals with corny jokes on them. Like a poster of a hanging off a tree by it's tail, reading 'hang in there!'  the taxidermy dogs and cats were weird to. Stranger, though that each one of them had name plates. Creative sighed, and tried to hold the vomit inside her mouth. She took a seat in the middle row, right next to a cheesy poster of two penguins in the snow reading 'Chill out!'

Frost smiled at Creative. When she asked for his name he barely opened his mouth before the "Ugly Pony" as he called her motioned for them to go into the class room. Once he had entered it took all of his being to keep himself from roaring and falling to the floor in a raging fit of laughter. All the pink wallpaper and ridiculous pictures were almost to much for the stallion, but he managed to compress his amuent into a small giggle.

He decided to follow Creative since she was the only pony he had really gotten to speak to him without laughing, scoffing, or walking away. He sat down next to her and slowly kept examining the room, which slowly became less amusing and more disturbing to him. He decided to quit thinking about it and turn his gaze back to Creative. "M-my names Frost by the way, and I hope your fear isn't extreme tackiness because this amount," he said motioning his hoof around the room. "will more than likely kill you." he finished with a slight chuckle escaping his lips hoping he hadnt offended the mare

Edited by Frosty V

Frost smiled at Creative. When she asked for his name he barely opened his mouth before the "Ugly Pony" as he called her motioned for them to go into the class room. Once he had entered it took all of his being to keep himself from roaring and falling to the floor in a raging fit of laughter. All the pink wallpaper and ridiculous pictures were almost to much for the stallion, but he managed to compress his amuent into a small giggle.

He decided to follow Creative since she was the only pony he had really gotten to speak to him without laughing, scoffing, or walking away. He sat down next to her and slowly kept examining the room, which slowly became less amusing and more disturbing to him. He decided to quit thinking about it and turn his gaze back to Creative. "M-my names Frost by the way, and I hope your fear isn't extreme tackiness because this amount," he said motioning his hoof around the room. "will more than likely kill you." he finished with a slight chuckle escaping his lips hoping he hadnt offended the mare

Creative looked at him as soon as he said the word 'tackiness' Creative started screaming loudly, back anf forth in her chair covering her ears with her hooves. "No, please no! I don't want to do this on my first day, even if it is a School of Fear!" Finally when she had calmed down Creative looked at him, and sighed. "Well, no I am not afraid of...that. I am afraid of long words, and that is why you just saw me act stupid in front of the class. Sorry if you never want to talk to me again, it wouldn't be the first time." Creative sighed, and looked down at her desk. But snapped her head up quickly when she heard Headmistress Bubblegum's booming voice.

"Contestants, welcome to the School of Fear. You will be tested at great hiegths to get over each and every one of your phobias. I am Headmistress Bubblegum, and standing beside me is my Assistant and the stallion that cooks your food, my good friend Dilly Dally. Before we start the tour I would like each and every one of  you to stand up when I call you, tell me your name and your phobia than sit your flank back in your chair. Understood? Good. Alright, let's see...." The headmistress clicked her pen multiple times, creating an annoying never-ending clicking sound. Finally she pointed to sompony, luckily it wasn't Creative. But it was Frost.

Edited by Emerald <3

Frost was taken aback at the scream. "I'm sorry. I wont do it again." he said as he was about to comfort her the voice of Bubnlegum boomed, saying that role call would begin, stating your name and phobia. "Celestia sake this is stupid." he thought about his fear and how it was common, but not with his seviraty. When his name was called first he silently cursed to himself as he stood from his chair. "Frost Typhoon. Arachnophobia, fear of spiders." he stated as he slumped back into his chair and turned his head back over to look at Creative. "Yep fear of spiders, pretty sad huh? Worse than your fear I guess." he said in a cold tone thinking about the other fears others had. Out of all the things in the world, spiders. Why did it have to be spiders? He was thousands of tomes larger than spiders, but just one could make his hair stand on end, or make him jump on a near by table and scream as if he were some little school filly afraid of her own shadow. He hated it, but life is life and you can't change it, he always told himself

"Oh yeah? Try having a conversation with someone and suddenly scream when they use a super long word. But I guess it dosn't matter since all fears all equally terrible. You don't have to feel guilty, Frost. Ponies at my old school used to scream llong words at me, just for the fun of it. I've always been treated badly, because I'm a freak. A spazz, an all around werido. You are the first pony who has ever been nice to me. So, fear of spiders huh?  I bet you carry around loads of bug spray.”

Headmistress Bubblegum suddenly pointed to Creative Heart. “You, it’s your turn. State your name and your fear.” Creative stood up shakily, she glanced down at Frost for support. As talkative and open as she was, Creative was always shy when asked to share something in front of other ponies. Creative sighed deeply, and looked up at Headmistress Bubblegum. "I'm Creative Heart, I'm afraid of any long word ever written." Creative sat down, but she saw to her disappointment that the Headmistress was glaring at her. "Ms. Creative Heart, I asked you to state your phobia. Not the definition of it." Creative somehow held back her scream, and looked down at her desk. "Now, since one of our students has refused to listen. This will give our textbooks greater use, take out your copies of All the Phobias of the World and turn to page 198. Read aloud the name of the fear of long words." Creative was  scared. She wanted to hide under her desk for the rest of the class period. But she couldn't do that. She new she couldn't. Creative had to just face the fact that this teacher was about to embarrass Creative purposely n front of her entire class.

Frost tryed to smile for support up at Creative when her name was called. When she stated her definition he was glad she kept it simple. When Bubble gum called her out for hit he shot a glare at her and frowned. "Who the hay does she think she is?" he thought in anger. "She knows as well as everypony else that the name of the fear would just scare the hell out of Creative." he added as Creative sat back down with a frown on her face. He put his leg around her. "Hey, it's fine just-" he was cut off by Bubblegum said to pull out the text books and look up the name of Creative's phobia. He opened his book and looked up the phobia. His eyes went wide when he saw the name. "For the love of Celestia! This word is so long it could scar her." he thought as he turned his gaze back to Creative, it looked as if she was bracing herself for a bomb to explode in her face....a big bomb. When Bubblgum said for it to be read, it pushed h over the edge. He put his hoofs over Creatives ears as fast as he could and turned to the headmaster. "I thought this school was boult to help us get over our fears, not prevoke them!" he yelled with outrage. "Isnt one of the rules: not to make fun of another's fear? Or was that just a joke you pathetic being." he hissed turning back to Creative. "Dont listen ok?" he said softly

Creative smiled up at him, and nodded timidly. Headmistriss Bubelgum glared at Frost. "I would most definitely never make fun of her fear, but I am simpily pushing her in the direction to get over her fear. And, Mr. Typhoon- I do not appriciate you insulting me. Dilly Dally spent quite awhile on my makeup today." Headmistriss Bubbelgum sighed. "Okay, once we have introduced one another I will take you all to the Gymnasium where we will begin our lesson." The Headnistriss pointed to Ivy, where ahe sat in the back row.

Creative looked at Frost, tears running down her face. She hugged him tightly. "Thank you very much, Frost. You just saved me from being made fun of on my first day. Nopony has ever done that for me, ever. Though, through this sappy scene I must admit that Dilly Dally is terrible at at doing Ms. B's makeup. She should think about doing it herself, being a mare and all." Creative sighed, and looked at Frost. "I hope my Mom isn't mad at me if I come home still scared of long words. I love her, and I don't want to let her down. Plus, I dkn't want to go back to my old school where everypony makes fun of me."

Frost chuckled at Bubblegum sarcastically. "Alright, whatever you say Ms. B." he scoffed as he sat back in his chair. He was taken by surprise when Creative hugged him tightly, his eyes went wide before turning to give a comforting look at Creative. "Hey it's alright. Nopony deserves to be made fun of any day, especially on their first day, even more so to a pretty mare like you." he said before mentally slapping himself across the face. "Wow way to be sutle." he scolded himself before turning back to Creative. "Dont worry, by the time this school has ended im sure you'll be well over your fear of long words. I'll even stay after class to help you if you want." he said blushing a little.

When Ms. Bubblegum mentioned starting their lesson in the gymnasium he sighed deeply. "Well that is just wonderful." he thought rolling his eyes. "When ever there is a lesson in a gymnasium, that always means the lessons going to be active or hands on, and given this schools purpose, it's not going to be very much enjoyable." he thought

Frost chuckled at Bubblegum sarcastically. "Alright, whatever you say Ms. B." he scoffed as he sat back in his chair. He was taken by surprise when Creative hugged him tightly, his eyes went wide before turning to give a comforting look at Creative. "Hey it's alright. Nopony deserves to be made fun of any day, especially on their first day, even more so to a pretty mare like you." he said before mentally slapping himself across the face. "Wow way to be sutle." he scolded himself before turning back to Creative. "Dont worry, by the time this school has ended im sure you'll be well over your fear of long words. I'll even stay after class to help you if you want." he said blushing a little.

When Ms. Bubblegum mentioned starting their lesson in the gymnasium he sighed deeply. "Well that is just wonderful." he thought rolling his eyes. "When ever there is a lesson in a gymnasium, that always means the lessons going to be active or hands on, and given this schools purpose, it's not going to be very much enjoyable." he thought

(Just so you know, Creative is 14 years old. Depending on how old your OC is, I am not sure I'd we could ship them in this RP)

Creative giggled. "It's okay, I thought it was sweet. And kind of awkward. So, Frost what is your cutie mark for? Mine is for writing, which my Mom thinks is ironic 'cuz of my fear and all that. So, yeah." Creative giggled a bit, and opened her mouth to speak. But was cut off whena hoof slapped hard against her desk. "Ms. Heart. Itbis rude to talk when others are talking, Madame has told me to take you and Mr.Typhoon out of the room. Come along." Creative moaned, got her stuff and followed Dilly Dally out the door to a small office that Creative guessed was Ms. B's by the glittery pink wallpaper and easter-egg blue rug. Dilly Dally sat in the purple fuzzy office chair, anf looked at the two. "Madame wants to help you, you know. And she cannot do so with you talking during her class. Please refrain from this and we should have no poroblems." Dilly Dally picked up a pen with his grey hoof, and ajusted his black squared glasses with the other. "Now, I am afraid I have to write uour names down on the clipboared. Reporet to detention in Madame's clasroom at excatlu 7:45 PM."

(I was originally going to lower his age to 15 or 16 because of the school, but it's whatever.)

Frost smiled at his awkward comment. "Yeah it was wasn't it?" he kept his smile when she asked about his cutie mark. He opened his mouth to speak, but was startled by a hoof slamming on the desk. He looked up to see Dilly Dally scolding Creative and asking them to step outside the classroom with him. "Great first day, and I've already broken some rules." he thought, rolling his eyes, grabbing his saddlebags and walking out the classroom door and shut it behind him.

Dilly Dally began to lecture them on how they were trying to help them, but couldn't if they wrote talking over the teachers. "Yes sir." he muttered in a cold tone not making eye contact with Dilly Dally. When he mentioned detention Frost silently cursed to himself. He had always been a well rounded student, but this was beginning to spoil his record. "7:45 sir? That seems a bit late for detention, don't you think?" he asked softly not trying to sound hostile.

Ivy glanced at the headmistress and felt slightly nervous. She then stood up and sighed. "My name is Ivy, and I have aquaphobia, which is a fear of water." She said. The silver unicorn then sat back down. "I guess it was worth it to basically tell her my fear. She is the one who's going to cure it, after all." The silver unicorn then sighed, as she waited for the other ponies to introduce themselves.

Tempest clenched his hooves as he glanced at Ivy. He didn't like how the headmistress was forcing all of them to divulge their fears to her, but he doubted that anypony would care, or that she was basically making fun of them for it. The cyan pegesus then sighed, as he waited for his name to be called. "I might as well get this over with, as soon as possible." He thought. He honestly didn't believe that this mare could cure him, or any of the other ponies at the school, without some form of basic torture. Something wasn't right here. "If she hurts Ivy, she won't live to see the next day.

(I might as well make both Tempest and Ivy sixteen.)

-Earlier, on the train:-

Sunset sat at the back of the train, quivering slightly and staring out the window, wishing she could go outside and fly, away from everypony on the bus. She looked down at her tattered old saddlebag and considered reading, but decided against it. She turned back to the window and leaned her head against it.

~Flashback~

"Everypony, we have a new student in class. Her name is Sunset Sky." The teacher gestures to the pony in question, who is hiding behind her mane, head low and ears flattened, staring at her hooves. "She has had a few issues and was out of regular classes for some time, but it has been decided for her to come beck to regular class for the remaining few weeks.  So, i want you to treat her like your equals, make her feel welcome."

Sunset can hear the whispered complaints.

"Like our equals? We're in high school now, not elementary, and she is so not as great as us."

"Heh, see those scars on her? Bet she did that to herself."

"Look how shy she looks. Bet it's just an act."
"So pathetic."
"S-st..." Sunset whimpers quietly. "P-p-lease stop..."

The teacher doesn't notice and sends her to her desk. The whispers get louder and louder.

"Class, I have to go get something from the office. I'll be right back." The teacher calls out after some time. As soon as she leaves, three students get up and walk to Sunset's desk, sneering.

"So you're the newbie?"
"I-I guess...

"Speak up, we can't hear you!"
"I-I said I g-guess so..." Sunset shrinks in her seat and hides behind her mane, ears flattened. Some of tjhe other studets are snickering and pointing at her. 
"You guess? Yeah, sure, whatever. Y'know, you can cut the shy act."
"Huh?" Sunset has no clue what this green unicorn is talking about.

"Don't play dumb. We all know you're from that orphanage. It's why you gave yourself those pathetic scars. 'Ohhh, I'm an orphan and I was abused at the orphanage, everypony love me and feel bad for meeeee', right?"

"N-n-no... I-I-" The timid pegasus doesn't continue. The memories are too frightening and the walls are closing in on her. She fights to keep a regular breathing pattern as she begins to tremble.

"Save it. We all know you just want sympathy-"

"Hey, Jade, look at her flank! No cutie mark!" the pony in the desk to Sunset's left points out, snickering. Tears spring to Sunset's eyes. Ponies in the room are calling out "Blank Flank! Blank Flank!"

"Ha! How pathetic. You're 14 and you don't even have a talent? That's just sad. I bet you can't even fly!"

It's too much. Sunset abruptly stands up and gallops out the room. She runs through the school until she finds a dark corner, where she curls herself into a tight, violently trembling ball and cries. She lets the panic attack that she had held back in the classroom run its course and passes out from shortened breaths. A worker finds her an hour later.

"B-but why?" Sunset asks. She is sitting on her bed, surprised that a worker had actually gotten a key and unlocked her door to let themselves in.

"Sweetie, this is your fourth episode in the past week and a half." Sugar Heart, the worker standing in the doorway with a paper in her hoof, says. Her mint green eyes are laced with concern and sympathy. Sunset looks down at her bed.

"Sunset, i know moving and going to a new school is hard, but i'll be with you up until you get to the school. Please, this school might help you.Nopony will hurt you there. You can't keep living like this. It's stressful for everypony.

Sunset can't argue with Sugar. Out of all the workers there, she is the only one who is truly kind to her, while the other workers are nice because they pity her.

"O-okay..."

Sugar Heart smiles. "Okay. It's a few weeks until school ends. If you really don't like that class, I'll get my sister to switch you back into the nurses room program." Sunset nods, grateful. That program is for ponies who couldn't cope with being in normal classes. Only her and two other ponies who couldn't process things as quickly as everypony else are in that program..  She is glad to return.

~

Now, she sat beside Sugar Heart, on the way to a school that was supposed to cure her, something she wasn't sure was even possible.

Symphony looked down at her book. It was filled with lyrics; some for songs she had thought up, some for her favorite songs. Bored, she closed it and leaned back. Her parents weren't able to come with her, and the train didn't have many ponies on it, so nopony would care if she stretched out on the seats and got some sleep, which she did immediately after rationalizing this out.

As she fell asleep, she remembered why she was here.

~Flashback~

"Hey, Sweetie." A tired-looking blue earth pony opens Sweet's bedroom door.

"Hi, Mom...." Sweet replies, not sure why her mom just randomly entered her room. "Anything you need?"

"A talk would be nice," her mother sits on her bed, and her weak smile becomes concerned.

"What about?" Sweet eyes her, wondering why she is wearing that expression.

"About those episodes you've been having lately. Sweetie, you can't live like this. I don't know why you hear things that arent's there, but you know it needs to stop.  None of the psychiatrists have helped. I have no choice but to send you to the School of Fear."

"Oh..." Sweet Symphony doesn't exactly like it, but she is used to her mom trying to help her without telling her first.  Her mother smiles more brightly now.

"The train leaves tomorrow. I'm afraid I won't be able to go with you, only see you off."
"Okay..."

"I'm glad you understand, Sweetie. Get some rest tonight.

~

-Now-

Sunset looked up as the train pulled up to the station. She waited for it to empty out before grabbing her tattered saddlebag. Before she left, Sugar Heart gave her a warm hug, telling her this place would help her. She nodded, not confident that it would, but not wanting to make Sugar heart mad. Stepping out onto the platform, she followed the others to the classroom. She did as the others did and took a seat near the back.

When one of the ponies screamed, she cowered and completely hid her face.

C-calm down, she probably saw something that was her fear... Keep a low profile... Don't want to get picked on here...

Symphony woke up as she felt the train slow. She rubbed her eyes, put on her saddlebag, and followed the others off and into the classroom, sitting somewhere in the second row. She flinched at the sound of the scream and watched as the ponies who were talking were taken out of the room.

Hey, at least nothing's happened to me yet... and i don't mean from the teachers...

She wasn't usually selfish and of course she hoped they weren't in much trouble despite not knowing them, but she didn't know these ponies and they had their own issues to worry about.

Edited by Mint Drop
  • Brohoof 1

(I was originally going to lower his age to 15 or 16 because of the school, but it's whatever.)

Frost smiled at his awkward comment. "Yeah it was wasn't it?" he kept his smile when she asked about his cutie mark. He opened his mouth to speak, but was startled by a hoof slamming on the desk. He looked up to see Dilly Dally scolding Creative and asking them to step outside the classroom with him. "Great first day, and I've already broken some rules." he thought, rolling his eyes, grabbing his saddlebags and walking out the classroom door and shut it behind him.

Dilly Dally began to lecture them on how they were trying to help them, but couldn't if they wrote talking over the teachers. "Yes sir." he muttered in a cold tone not making eye contact with Dilly Dally. When he mentioned detention Frost silently cursed to himself. He had always been a well rounded student, but this was beginning to spoil his record. "7:45 sir? That seems a bit late for detention, don't you think?" he asked softly not trying to sound hostile.

''Do not question me, young colt. Your Headmistress is rather a night owl, so to speak. Now, you two may head back off to your class. Make sure to take your saddlebags with you." Creative sighed, grabbed her saddlebag and headed back into the clasroom where Ms.B was clearly still doing the introductions. She looked at the two, close lipped when they came through the door. "Hello, contestants.  Go to your seats, and don't even think about talking to each other. 

Ivy glanced at the headmistress and felt slightly nervous. She then stood up and sighed. "My name is Ivy, and I have aquaphobia, which is a fear of water." She said. The silver unicorn then sat back down. "I guess it was worth it to basically tell her my fear. She is the one who's going to cure it, after all." The silver unicorn then sighed, as she waited for the other ponies to introduce themselves.

Tempest clenched his hooves as he glanced at Ivy. He didn't like how the headmistress was forcing all of them to divulge their fears to her, but he doubted that anypony would care, or that she was basically making fun of them for it. The cyan pegesus then sighed, as he waited for his name to be called. "I might as well get this over with, as soon as possible." He thought. He honestly didn't believe that this mare could cure him, or any of the other ponies at the school, without some form of basic torture. Something wasn't right here. "If she hurts Ivy, she won't live to see the next day.

(I might as well make both Tempest and Ivy sixteen.)

Creative sighed as she made her way to her seat, she was just in time to hear another pony introduce herself. Creative turned her head to look at the pony a silver unicorn. Headmistress Bubblegum's eyes fixed on Tempest, she pointed a bubblegum-pink hoof at him. "You, stand up. Name and phobia, make sure it is the actual name of it and not the definition, unlike some students who decide that it isn't important." her eyes shifted towards Creative. Creative gulped and slumped down in her seat, looking like she was about to burst into tears. This is just great, it's my first day and the first enemy is Ms.P? 

Tempest stood up and glanced at the teacher. "My name is Tempest Sol, and my fear is atychiophobia, though it isn't exactly related to my schoolwork." He said, noticing the look that Bubblegum gave Creative. He clenched his hooves, before sitting back down. "It's actually my own personal fear of failing my friends and family." He thought, before glancing at Ivy and the other ponies in the room. "As of right now, I consider everypony in this room, aside from Gumball and that other pony , as my friends. I'll give them respect, as long as long as they prove to me that they deserve it, much like Ivy did when we finally started a relationship." Tempest then began to meditate, as he waited for the other students.

Ivy glanced at Tempest, and sighed. She could see a glint of restrained anger in his eyes, but she didn't mention it to anypony. She then sighed, before she also began to meditate. She didn't really care that the headmistress didn't exactly like her.

(Yes, Tempest and Ivy both have aura manipulation, even at such a young age. Is it ok if Xena is in this, as well?)

Creative looked at him, smiling. Her ears were folded down by her face.

(I am just going to skip the introductions, it is taking to long.)

"Now, contestants. Follow Dilly Dally, he will show you the way to the gymnasium. Bring your saddlebags and textbooks with you, you might need them." Creative saw Dilly Fally standing by the doorway, waving to the class. Cteative got up; but was told to sit down by Bubbelgum because she and Frost were apparentley going out last for their 'foolish behaviour' Creative couldn't hold it in any longer, she burst into a pool of tears. Creative hated the way she was being treated, she also hated this school, anf she hated the staff! They were mean, rude, and made fun of the studentes and Creative was posotive they didn't givea buck about their fears. More tears spilled out of her eyes, she heard Ms.B cursing at her for crying on her brand new rug. She looked at Frost, and with instinct she hugged him tightly. She held him close, crying into his shoulder. Whispering 'I can't handle it anymore, she scares me' in his ear.

Frost scowled at Ms.B when she told them they would be leaving last due to their "foolish behavior" previously. He was about to make a crude joke about Bubblegums make-up when Creative began to cry. He looked at her for a minute contimplating wether to reassure her or not.

"Creative.....it's fine, just block them o-" he was cut off by Bubblegum scolding Creative for crying all over her "new" carpet. "New carpet? Are you freaking kidding me right now? She cries on your carpet and you still get pissed? What are you?" he hissed through gutted teeth as he was taken by surprise when Creative hugged him tightly. His eyes went wide and he turned his head slowly to look down at her. He blushed deeply as he could barely hear her mutter that she couldn't take it anymore. He returned the hug after some hesitation. "Shhhhh it's ok. Don't listen to them, ok? Just listen to me right now, don't worry about them right now ok?" he said stocking her mane trying to calm her down as best as he could. He shot a glare at Bubblegum, "Are we free to go now?" he growled

I am just going to skip the introductions, it is taking to long.

((We only had my characters left! You could have pointed to Sunset and then to Symphony and said "after she's done, it's your turn." I'm going to post what they said anyway.)

Sunset squeaked when she was called upon. She shakily stood up and attempted to raise her voice above the whimper that she knew it would be.

"S-S-Sunset S-Sky, mnemoph-phobia and s-s-scopophobia..." She somehow managed to speak loud enough to be heard. Perhaps because the thought of being grilled by that scary headmistress frightened her. With a small whimper she sat back down and completely hid behind her mane. She couldn't see ponies looking at her if her eyes were closed.

After a few more ponies were called upon, Ms. B. told the class to come to the gymnasium. She grabbed her tattered old saddlebag and followed the class out the door, hanging at the back of the crowd timidly.

Symphony saw how nervous the orange Pegasus seemed. She looked at the definitions of Scopophobia and Mnemophobia and saw why. 

Scopophobia: The fear of being looked at or stared at. 

Poor thing. She was probably terrified speaking in the class.

When she was called up, she stood up,

"Um.... Sweet Symphony," she paused, not sure what to say next. "I don't exactly have a phobia per se. I have schizophrenia and what I see and hear are more often than not terrifying."

When the students started to pile out of the room, she followed suit.

Frost scowled at Ms.B when she told them they would be leaving last due to their "foolish behavior" previously. He was about to make a crude joke about Bubblegums make-up when Creative began to cry. He looked at her for a minute contimplating wether to reassure her or not.

"Creative.....it's fine, just block them o-" he was cut off by Bubblegum scolding Creative for crying all over her "new" carpet. "New carpet? Are you freaking kidding me right now? She cries on your carpet and you still get pissed? What are you?" he hissed through gutted teeth as he was taken by surprise when Creative hugged him tightly. His eyes went wide and he turned his head slowly to look down at her. He blushed deeply as he could barely hear her mutter that she couldn't take it anymore. He returned the hug after some hesitation. "Shhhhh it's ok. Don't listen to them, ok? Just listen to me right now, don't worry about them right now ok?" he said stocking her mane trying to calm her down as best as he could. He shot a glare at Bubblegum, "Are we free to go now?" he growled

"Yes, and please grab her some tissues ob the way out. They are on my bookshelf near the door." Creative sighed, hrabbed her saddlebag and followed Dilly Dally and the rest of the students out the door and into the gymnasium. But the group was soon stopped by a yelp that obviously came from their headmistriss. "Gracious! I forgot about the B & B! Nevermind, Dally I'll take them." Dilly dally huffed, and exited the room. The headmistriss took charge again. "Follow me, please." Creative stuck closley to Frost, afraid the lady was going to attack her once again. Finally, they arrived at a door. "Alright consatants, all of you inside this room." Creative followed Frost into the room, and what she saw horrified her. Black Widowes scattled accross the pipes, Bats flew making anmoying screeching sounds. Cteative fled the room, screaming. "Well? Did you like it?" The headmistriss asked her. "Liked it? I was in a room full of flying rats and insects that vould poision me. No I did not like it!" Creative glared at the headmistriss, thibking for a momment thay she may be a bit insane letting a bunch of muddleschoolers into a room full of hazerdous creatures.