Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New CollegeHumor My Little Brony Video

Iudicium86

Darn you, TwilightWolf, you stole Rainbow Dash!

I mean...

That was actually pretty darn funny. I saw this floating around about a new CollegeHumor video, but I didn't know that there actually was a new one.

This one was like, twenty times better than the last one. Freaking hilarious.

I just didn't find most of it all that funny, I am not offended by it as these guys tend to make fun of everyone but you just change "brony" to "trekkie" or some other fandom and nearly every joke they said could apply just as easily to them. The only joke that I found funny was the one about the "graphic" fanfics which while MLP isn't the only fandom that has that it is the one I have seen that is the most well known for that. The rule 34 of MLP is not nearly as graphic as the what I have seen for most other fandoms I have been in but it does have a lot more fanfics than most fandoms I have been in both SFW and NSFW. You could also just as easily apply all the jokes to any other fandom but I still found that one funny anyway because it was so ridiculously over the top that it was almost like a parody of the brony haters insults.

I'm outraged! lol I saw this when it had just been posted but didn't really post until now. I thought it was hilarious, still those are pretty much the same stereotypes people bring up again and again. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's still very funny. I really liked it, I don't understand people that become offended by stuff like this. It's just a funny video, that's it. I'm not sure if anyone has gotten offended but usually someone does.

Still a funny video, those toys sure would sell. They need to make it, it's easy profit.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Lol!  I thought this was pretty good!  It was a nice jab and well done just like their previous brony video.  I agree that you have to learn to take things in stride and learn to laugh at yourself, and realize that CollegeHumor is definitely full of exaggerations!

The brony community is, in my opinion, like the new 'Trekies'.  The new uber-nerds of the nerd-dom.  If a nerd could get nerdier, he/she would only have to become a brony.  And their transformation would be complete.   :lol:

Well to be kinda harsh but honest there are stereotypes for a reason and I know plenty fellow nerds that live in there parents basement!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOlolololololol.....

I know that there are a lot of nerds that live in their parents' basement - or at least did at one point. That is how it became a stereotype.

My point is that the joke is SO OLD. Do people even find it funny anymore or are people just ingrained to laugh at that joke because society tells us that it's supposed to be funny?

The rest of the video was funny because it was specific to bronies, and giving the brony toys real jobs was a plus and very creative. The basement joke is just a cheap blow at nerd culture and not a real joke at this point.

I know that there are a lot of nerds that live in their parents' basement - or at least did at one point. That is how it became a stereotype.

My point is that the joke is SO OLD. Do people even find it funny anymore or are people just ingrained to laugh at that joke because society tells us that it's supposed to be funny?

The rest of the video was funny because it was specific to bronies, and giving the brony toys real jobs was a plus and very creative. The basement joke is just a cheap blow at nerd culture and not a real joke at this point.

I am a fan of classic jokes, not because they are really all that funny themselves, i find the fact that they are still around and that even though they are tired and worn out, people continue to reference them that's so funny! They are Classics!

I didn't find it funny, probably because it's the same old joke and criticisms that I've heard from Howard Stern, FOX news, the first video and the internet in general. They had to make the toys and that wasn't bad, and the little girl actresses are really good: I think a lot of brony parents are gonna close doors wondering if their kids might do the same toy playing about them.

College humor are spoofers and satirists and typically I'm ok with that but the subject matter has to be fresh or a clever re-imagining. Making bronies toys wasn't enough of a breath of new life imo. They said all they needed to in the first video, which I did appreciate because the animation was pretty cool.

My response to the original as a social criticism is pretty much exact from http://mlpforums.com/topic/58200-how-did-warhammer-40000-become-the-symbol-of-pony-brutalization/page-2#entry1837858

My response to this as humor is that it was just too little.

Edited by Duskrunner

• 8 years later...