Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A theory regarding Princess Luna (Spoilers)

Wardaddy

Having recently re-watched the Season 4 sneak peek at Comic-Con, I've been doing some thinking, and I think I may have come to a conclusion, regarding Princess Luna and the extent of her powers pre-Nightmare Moon and post-Nightmare Moon. So, if y'all will bear with me, take a look at this first image.

Good powerful Luna (pre/post-NMM)

princess_luna_by_sulyo-d4u3lnh.png

I believe this is Luna's regular form, as obviously denoted by the wavy mane and tall, imposing physical form. But in my eyes, it's more than just that. Immediately after the Elements of Harmony exorcised NMM from Luna, I believe that in the process, much of Luna's and NMM's combined powers had to be sapped as well (like when the Engineer's buildings lose health when being sapped by a Spy in Team Fortress 2). This left the poor, remorseful princess a shadow of her former self, weak and vulnerable. However, Celestia did forgive her, and obviously brought her back to the castle in Canterlot, where she spent the episodes between her revival and the episode "Luna Eclipsed" recuperating from her experiences as NMM, as well as regenerating her powers. Finally, by the time "Luna Eclipsed" debuted, Luna appeared as we see her now, her powers and her strength fully regenerated. To reiterate, I believe this is the normal form of Luna, possessing the regal poise and imposing physique/power of a true Equestrian monarch.

With that out of the way, let us now turn our attention to the next image.

Underpowered Luna (Immediately post-NMM)

Princess_Luna.png

I believe this to be Luna, underpowered and not entirely physically strong yet. From what I can tell, her non-wavy mane and downgraded physical form denote a lack of power, sapped from her when the Elements of Harmony destroyed Nightmare Moon. This subsequently left her weak and vulnerable, unable to conjure up any sort of resistance to Celestia or the Mane 6 (that is, if she wanted to). As the title states, I believe this to be Luna in her weakened state.

Now, to get to the point, I'm going to show you this colored image from the Nightmare Moon S4 sneak peek. Examine it with care.

Good powerful Luna (Immediately pre-NMM S4)

hqdefault.jpg

Does the Luna in this screenshot not bear a exact resemblance to the good powerful Luna I previously explained above? Now, don't get antsy yet. I'm not suggesting NMM's absolute return in Season 4, I'm just explaining a theory of mine comparing the Luna in the sneak peek to the Luna that has regained her strength and power since being freed of NMM. This Luna has the same wavy mane and coat colour to that of the Princess Luna we know and love today. Therefore, my theory, at this current time anyway, is correct, unless you guys have anything to say. And if you do, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :okiedokielokie:

Not sure I understand your point, but pre NMM Luna would have been at full power too and only lost power when zapped by the elements. The Luna that helped stop Discord and Sombra looked the same as she does now.

I think what's more important to notice is the fear in her eyes as she is enveloped by the black "smoke". It's like she got more than she bargained for, and is having second thoughts, but it's too late. Plus the best theory is that it's a time trevel situation with Twilight standing in Celeatia's hooves.

Edited by Nature Spell

Not sure I understand your point, but pre NMM Luna would have been at full power too and only lost power when zapped by the elements. The Luna that helped stop Discord and Sombra looked the same as she does now.

I think what's more important to notice is the fear in her eyes as she is enveloped by the black "smoke". It's like she got more than she bargained for, and is having second thoughts, but it's too late. Plus the best theory is that it's a time trevel situation with Twilight standing in Celeatia's hooves.

*sighs* Ok, it's not something I'm delighted with, but I'm willing to accept that Twi's experiencing a memory of Celestia. In fact, look up my NMM thread again, I've recently updated it with something interesting. As for this point, I'm suggesting that present-day Luna is her normal form, and because normal-form Luna appeared before Twilight in Celestia's memory, then that's basically solid proof that backs up my point that present-day Luna's form is her regular form, as like you said, it was the form she took when Celestia and herself defeated Sombra and Discord.

As legit as that sounds I don't think the NMM inside good Luna can grow back so quickly. Even if NMM is still inside Luna post EoH blast I think it would take quite some time for all the anger and jealousy inside Luna to get to those critical levels to transform anytime soon.

Besides Good Luna doesn't exactly have anything to be jealous about these years so I seriously doubt NMM will reappear from Luna's negative emotions again.

*sighs* Ok, it's not something I'm delighted with, but I'm willing to accept that Twi's experiencing a memory of Celestia. In fact, look up my NMM thread again, I've recently updated it with something interesting. As for this point, I'm suggesting that present-day Luna is her normal form, and because normal-form Luna appeared before Twilight in Celestia's memory, then that's basically solid proof that backs up my point that present-day Luna's form is her regular form, as like you said, it was the form she took when Celestia and herself defeated Sombra and Discord.

I think I get your point, but I don't think it has any meaning. We agree that Luna's form now and Luna's form 1000 years in the past is the same, but that has no baring on NNM coming back in the present. Is it possible that NNM comes back in the present? Maybe, but nothing concrete points to her current return. We must wait and see.

Edited by Nature Spell

I think I get your point, but I don't think it has any meaning. We agree that Luna's form now and Luna's form 1000 years in the past is the same, but that has no baring on NNM coming back in the present. Is it possible that NNM comes back in the present? Maybe, but nothing concrete points to her current return. We must wait and see.

I didn't say anything about this idea proving my point about NMM coming back. I was just backing up the idea that the Luna we see now is the same Luna that helped Celestia defeat Sombra and Discord, which ties in with the flashback as the Luna we see now is the very same Luna that appeared in the flashback, before she became Nightmare Moon. Of course this thread has no bearing on whether she'll make a return or not. I'm just backing up another theory concerning Luna.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz