Piano/Orchestral Suite: "The Journey" : Parts 1, 2, and 3 of 5

Steel Matt

I'd like to take you on a journey: a journey of friendship, love, hardship and triumph! Below is 3 out 5 songs I have recently composed, a part of a series called "The Journey". I am looking for feedback, and even inspiration on the last 2 songs! Hope you enjoy! Be sure to visit YouTube to rate, comment, and subscribe! 

Part 1: We Stand Together

Part 2: Shadows and Sunshine

Part 3: The Showdown

^Part 3 above. (Max embed limit on videos is 2)

Edited by Steel Matt
  • Brohoof 1

very well done! B)  Octavia would approve!

now, im not into classical/instrumental music myself, but i have to say that listening that listening to those couple of songs was pretty fun :D

the only complaint i have is that that the audio quality of the second one seemed a little less than that of the first one.

• Brohoof 1

very well done! B)  Octavia would approve!

now, im not into classical/instrumental music myself, but i have to say that listening that listening to those couple of songs was pretty fun :D

the only complaint i have is that that the audio quality of the second one seemed a little less than that of the first one.

I'm glad Octavia would approve! It's nice to know that, even though you are not into this type of music too much, that you still enjoyed it! And I understand your concern about audio quality. I did my best to master them. Song 1 is strictly computerized and harmonized for the most realistic sound, while song 2 is almost entirely real instrumentation and keyboard. The recording quality of the two, differs unfortunately...unless a person who had studio equipment was able to work on it! How did you like song 3? I'll post it below :)

Edited by Steel Matt

nice job!

I like your work :D very calming

I really love classical music (like two steps from hell or hans zimmer)

It sounds a little bit like the backround music of a videogame :P

Thank you! Although video game themes were not the intention of sound, I can certainly see where you are coming from! And although songs 1 and 2 were thought up manually, song 3 was certainly inspired by Hans Zimmer a little! That composer is a musical genius when it comes to movies!

• Brohoof 1

Great Work!

I think I liked the 3rd one the best becuase of the timpani for the precussion part.

I love composing classical style work and I do have a few ideas for the last 2 parts.

For part 4 I would maybe try an aftermath sort of piece that would match the 1st and 2nd movements.  Kind of like a sad piece of loss or something like that with dominant strings then it moves to a resulution of sorts.

For part 5 it would be great to do another fast piece that could sound like a triumphant finale.  I would research John Willams for that sort of sound and emphasize on a large brass sound.

Just some ideas  :catface:

Best of luck composing and I can't wait to hear the end. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoyed those three. The second on was very calm and relaxing, and I like how it transferred to the more dramatic element of the third. I don't know much about the technical aspect of music, but I liked what I have heard so far, the first two especially. I eagerly await the fourth and fifth to hear the rest of this musical journey. Keep up the good work.

Great Work!

I think I liked the 3rd one the best becuase of the timpani for the precussion part.

I love composing classical style work and I do have a few ideas for the last 2 parts.

For part 4 I would maybe try an aftermath sort of piece that would match the 1st and 2nd movements.  Kind of like a sad piece of loss or something like that with dominant strings then it moves to a resulution of sorts.

For part 5 it would be great to do another fast piece that could sound like a triumphant finale.  I would research John Willams for that sort of sound and emphasize on a large brass sound.

Just some ideas  :catface:

Best of luck composing and I can't wait to hear the end. ^_^

An excellent suggestion! That is what I was thinking, but you clarified my thoughts! I won't spoil the surprise. But it will indeed, end up being something of that nature! 

I really enjoyed those three. The second on was very calm and relaxing, and I like how it transferred to the more dramatic element of the third. I don't know much about the technical aspect of music, but I liked what I have heard so far, the first two especially. I eagerly await the fourth and fifth to hear the rest of this musical journey. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your encouragement and comments! Indeed, I left the third track with a last sound of a kind of "unresolved nature". Song 4 will pick up where song 3 left off, and I do like SerinaAves's suggestion! Well, what am I doing on the forums? Time to get playing and recording! 

(Side note: It could take up to 3 more weeks for the next 2 songs, as I don't want to rush the composition. I have done that before, and after I uploaded the song and video, I came up with a great idea for a more revised edition, but it was too late. Now, I give it about a week before an upload to ensure I don't want to change anything. We composers never really get to a point of "finished", only a point of "it's time to stop working on it!" if you know what I mean!)

• Brohoof 1