Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions of Queen Chrysalis

Slice0Pie

To me no, but she's decent.

To me again, no.

It's alright.

No, It ties in with her whole persona. Not sure how her design could be overrated...

Only for relevant reasons.

She is the greatest thing in the history of everything and we need MOAR of her in the cartoon. I am really happy she was in the first comics series.

that would be very good if it isn't structured like keep calm and flutter on. that being said i think they redeem villains too much in the show.

She's the antithesis of what the ponies of Equestria stand for. This, in my opinion, makes her the best villain.

Aside from that, she's got a great character design, and rivals Pinkie Pie in terms of tributes to cartoon characters which came before her.

Is she best villain?

Yes absolutely! Discord was fun but Chryssie is straight to business when it comes to being evil.

Best pony?

Tied with Fluttershy at the #1 spot.

Does she have a good color scheme?

The absolute best in the show

Do you think the holes in her legs and horns are 'overrated'?

Hell no! They're incredibly sexy and make her look unique

Should she be shown more or less?

Yes, give my queen lots and lots of screentime.

Your all know about the Queen of the Changelings, haha!

What are your opinions of her?

Is she best villain?

Best pony?

Do you think the holes in her legs and horns are 'overrated'?

Post your opinions!

1. "Is she best villain?"

No; it's either Discord or King Sombra. She's close, though.

2. "Best pony?"

One of several, yes.

3. "Does she have a good color scheme?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

4. "Do you think the holes in her legs and horns are 'overrated'?"

Um...what???

5. "Should she be shown more or less?"

Uh...I think MORE.

Edited by Anti-Villain

• 7 years later...
On 9/12/2013 at 7:04 PM, Smarts said:

What are your opinions of her?

She is the coolest character in the show by far in my opinion. I was quite surprised when I first saw her. She looked so cool and was instantly boosted to #1 on my favorite pony chart.

Is she best villain?

Yes she is. My favorite villain in the show. She had everyone fooled except for Twilight who knew something was wrong. It ended with everyone turning against Twilight, even Celestia herself.

Best pony?

Darn skippy she is. Best pony ever.

I am very attracted to her color scheme. The black body, blue hair, and green chitin like part of her body and eyes. In short, awesome and beautiful color scheme and design.

Do you think the holes in her legs and horns are 'overrated'?

Nope. The holes are part of her charm.

Absolutely should be shown more. She is too great of a villain and character to use once and then just throw away. She has plenty of potential.

I'm a huge Chrysalis fanboy, but I can't help it. She is just my favorite pony in the show. So beautiful and awesome. :wub:

Scootaloo is best cmc and Rainbow dash is best pony and king sombra is best villain and Chrysalis does has plenty of potentialscoots_by_spier17_d6yjrcs-pre.png?token=latest?cb=20191128034148&key=2122baf0b765-50841_mirrored-pony-rainbow-dash-safe-latest?cb=20130702160557

She has a interesting character design for sure

Personality wise she is pretty grim and kinda eerie (suits her design) 

She is not likeable in the likeable sense but makes sense as a villian

I do like king sombra design a lot tho

• 1 month later...

Well, she does her job as a villain pretty well considering she can make me hate her sometimes (I'll get back to that). She is evil, deceptive, destructive, and filled with hatred. She hates ponykind, and would like to see them drop dead before her. This makes her a good villain… but kind of too good. In fact, her villainous acts (one in particular) actually makes me angry.

Spoiler

This act I'm referring to is in Fiends Forever issue #5. Chrysalis and her army took over an entire city of sparkle-eyed pegasi and sucked out all of their love and emotion. She left all these ponies without emotion, which is the equivalent of, if not worse than, death. Chrysalis literally committed genocide, and she did it happily. Who knows if any even got out alive. The fact that she did this kind of makes me bitter towards her.

So as you can see, I think she does a good job in the role which she plays. I simply just can't really like her because of what she did.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah like @Landi72says. Chryssie is evil. She appeared shortly after I joined and I was impressed by how dark they were prepared to go with her. From anecdotal evidence though she doesn't worry the intended audience too much. She is quickly taken down afterall.

My opinion of queen of the bugs has gone downhill after we discovered how sweet the 'lings were :3 Like most dark-souled creatures, she projects her own dark desire for power onto others. Therefore she saw her brood as merely pawns who would be tyrants like her, if they had the power, and her prey as weaker versions of herself - beings that would destroy her if only they could. In fact, Thorax didn't want to be a pawn and ponies were not weak - neither wanted to be her subjects because they were not evil.

Queen Chrysalis isn't an evil one. She looks out for her hive and does what it takes for her changelings to survive. She is a harsh, but good ruler considering she has ruled for all this time and provides for her subjects in the way she knows best. To survive you must be strong, you must be manipulative and Chrysalis is exactly that. I hated the way they ruined the changelings. Thorax was a bad character.

No, I wanted Chrysalis to teach Twilight and the mane 6 a lesson. You must survive. It's not about friendship, its about survival. I think Chrysalis is a hero.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Califorum said:

No, I wanted Chrysalis to teach Twilight and the mane 6 a lesson. You must survive. It's not about friendship, its about survival. I think Chrysalis is a hero.

@DivineTime1000 will love you. Chrysalis is also a hero to him, not a villain. ^_^

Chrysalis is easily the most iconic villain to me and should not have been lumped in with Tirek and Cozy Glow at the end. :mlp_xJpg51C: I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about her being reformed, but she at least deserved to have her own story wrapped up.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

@DivineTime1000 will love you. Chrysalis is also a hero to him, not a villain. ^_^

Chrysalis is easily the most iconic villain to me and should not have been lumped in with Tirek and Cozy Glow at the end. :mlp_xJpg51C: I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about her being reformed, but she at least deserved to have her own story wrapped up.

I see it like this. If you are having to survive and fend for your family, you will do anything if you are desperate enough and the changelings are like that all the time since its their biology and way of thinking and they never knew anything else - I found it hard to believe they even knew how to give love.

• 1 month later...

Chrysalis is an overrated character and it is annoying listening to/seeing all of the love for her. Some fans talk about her as if she’s a Goddess or something. She’s ugly and an underwhelming villain.

2 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Chrysalis is an overrated character and it is annoying listening to/seeing all of the love for her. Some fans talk about her as if she’s a Goddess or something. She’s ugly and an underwhelming villain.

I agree with you and sombra is iunderrate

She seems more broken than anything else. Yes, her ideals were wrong - but she cared for her fellow changelings. She attacked Canterlot to feed them. Yes, she is an enemy of the ponies and Equestria.

However, it was unfair for her to be abandoned by her fellow changelings. They casted her out, and she became crazy and alone. She was fueled by vengeance on the very ponies who took her family from her - but she never once thought of harming the changelings themselves - she just wanted to be Queen again. Yes, she harmed Thorax, but it was more of a tough love thing. I'm not saying she was right to do it, it was very wrong of her, but I know she didn't do it outta hate. She felt resented by Thorax leaving the hive, and nothing more.

Chrysalis was at fault, but then again, the changelings coulda easily tried to find her and try to talk to her, but no, they didn't do that. They just let the ponies turn her to stone and leave her in the Canterlot garden with Tirek and Cozy Glow. They were pretty much the only family she had.

She was a great villain - but she still has more on her plate, her story is unfinished.

• Brohoof 1

@FlareGun45

Chrysalis and the changelings are predators. Is a predator evil because it has to feed on the lesser animals? No, it isn't. It has to feed. It has to survive. That is what the changelings are to me. I wish that Chrysalis was the one to prove that friendship is wrong. You can't be friends with everyone. And you can't change who you are, if you don't want to.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Califorum said:

@FlareGun45

Chrysalis and the changelings are predators. Is a predator evil because it has to feed on the lesser animals? No, it isn't. It has to feed. It has to survive. That is what the changelings are to me. I wish that Chrysalis was the one to prove that friendship is wrong. You can't be friends with everyone. And you can't change who you are, if you don't want to.

Honestly, all Chrysalis needed to do was leave Equestria alone, and the ponies would leave her alone too. If changelings wish to change, they could leave. 

Woulda preferred the hive being split in two, instead of all changelings changing, and the renegades eventually being converted.

• Brohoof 1